Smitten

By baubuddies

On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prent... More

Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
CAST LIST + CREDITS

Chapter 16

3.9K 74 33
By baubuddies

Aaron hangs up the phone and dives back into the case files. He looks closely at the crime scene photos again and notices a detail he hasn't noticed before. "Of course," he says to himself. He calls Dave and Derek and has them gather the rest of the team to head back to the station.

Soon after that, with Penelope's help in tracking cell phone activity, they locate and apprehend the suspect. By that time, it's 1 AM out west, and the team soon heads back to gather their files and head to the air strip. Aaron calls Eliza as he boards the jet, once again the first to arrive.

"Hello?" Eliza says groggily. "What time is it?"

"Oh God, I forgot how early it was there, E; I'm sorry. We're headed home now." He says softly.

"I told you you'd crack it, darling," Eliza says, rolling onto her back. "Does that mean you're gonna make our class?"

"Definitely," Aaron confirms, logging in to book his bike. "Although...can we pick a later session? I need a normal amount of sleep for one night. I see there's an 11 AM."

"Of course," Eliza confirms. "Pick you up at 10:15?"

"Sure," Aaron says as he books his bike. "Hey, book bike #7, ok?"

"Ok, Agent. You better brace yourself...I have a lot of pent-up energy to release," she smirks.

"Maybe you should come over a little earlier so I can help you with that."

"Oh I don't think so, Agent...I'll need to save that to beat your ass. Although I suppose I could ride something else again afterward..."

"You absolutely can," Aaron smirks but quickly clears his throat as Derek and Dave enter the jet. "Well I gotta let you go now, I'll see you soon?"

"Who just came onto the jet?" Eliza asked, smiling.

"How—how did you—"

"I'm not the only one who can read body language, you know," Eliza teases.

"Hey what's up, mama?!" Derek says loudly and bumping elbows with Dave, who have both cracked the code and are snickering to themselves.

"Hello, baby boy," Eliza replies loudly before shifting her attention back. "Get some rest, Aaron...you're gonna need it," she whispers that last half.

"Go back to sleep," Aaron says. "I'll see you soon."

"Goodnight," Eliza says and turns back over to sleep.

"Hey Hotch, did you forget how early it is in DC?" Derek teases with a smile.

"The mind does tend to lapse when you're smitten," Dave teases. "Trust me, I've had enough practice. So...where's the next date?"

"We're going cycling again, if you must know," Aaron says.

"We do have to know; after all, she was our girl before she was yours," Derek teases. "Or is that not quite official yet?"

"I'm working on it," Aaron says.

"There is no 'working on it,' Aaron; there is only do," Dave says.

"Pack it up, Yoda," Derek says to Dave before turning back to Aaron. "Just do what I do, Hotch; if you keep it chill with her, she'll keep it chill with you."

"What the hell does that even mean? Don't listen to him Aaron; be more decisive. That's what women like," Dave says.

"What do women like?" JJ asks curiously as she joins the crew.

"We're trying to tell Hotch how to make it official with Eliza," Derek says.

"And why is that?"

"Because he just called her at 4:30 AM DC time to make their next date," Derek replies.

"Oh yeah; you'll wanna get on that," Emily chimes in as she enters the jet with Spencer.

"Thank you all for your input, but I think I'll take it from here?" Aaron says.

"Play on, playa," Derek says.

-

After getting Friday off after their late flight, the team heads home to rest, and Saturday soon rolls around. Eliza gets up, gets ready, and heads to Aaron's. She walks up to his door and knocks before one Jack Hotchner answers the door. Eliza doesn't know what to do, so she just starts talking.

"Uhhh....hi! Is your dad around?"

"Who are you?" Jack asks curiously.

"Jack? Jack? Where are you?" Aaron asks from inside the apartment, soon finding his son at the door. "Oh uh, hi...Eliza, come in," Aaron says, flustered and blushing.

"Thanks," Eliza says, stepping inside.

"Jack, this is Eliza. Can you say hi?" Aaron says.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Jack looks up and asks his father.

Eliza covers her hand to her mouth, stifling a laugh. "You ready to go?" Eliza asks, quickly changing the subject.

"Yes, yes, let me just grab my keys," Aaron says, still flustered. "Jack, be good for Aunt Jessica, ok?"

"Ok, Dad," Jack says as they leave. Aaron shuts the door.

"So?" Eliza asks as Aaron grabs her hand and they walk toward the elevator.

"So what?" Aaron asks with a smile.

"Am I your girlfriend?" Eliza teases as the elevator opens and they enter. Aaron gives her a smirk as the doors close. "Now what does that—" Aaron quickly interrupts Eliza's train of thought, taking her face in his hands and giving her a strong kiss, which Eliza eagerly returns.

"Is that the answer you're looking for?" He flirts.

"While that was *very* nice...I wanna hear you say it," Eliza says, batting her eyelashes.

"Eliza, uh...what's your middle name?"

"Celine."

"Eliza Celine, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks softly with a smile.

"Absolument," leaning in to give Aaron a soft kiss.

"Mmmm, you should speak French all the time," Aaron says.

"I'll keep that in mind," she flirts as the elevator opens and they head toward Eliza's car.

-

The new couple soon arrive at SoulCycle hand-in-hand and see Madison.

"Well hello you two," Madison jokes.

"Madison, you remember my BOYFRIEND, don't you?"

"Good to see you, Madison," Aaron says, shaking her hand.

"You as well, Agent," Madison flirts, grabbing Eliza away from him so they can chat.

"Boyfriend, huh?"

"Little bit, Mads; it's pretty fresh."

"How fresh?"

"Officially? Literally 20 minutes ago. But I think we've both felt it for longer..." She smiles and starts to put on her cycling shoes.

"Look at you go! You really do have everything," Madison observes.

"I'm a lucky woman," Eliza smiles. Just as she finishes tying her shoes, Aaron approaches.

"Ready, doll?" Aaron asks Eliza, stretching out his hand to take her off the bench and into the studio.

"Yep," she smiles, taking his hand and walking in with him. Madison reaches for her phone and texts someone named Sam.

"I think it's almost time."

"She's with someone else?"

"Yep. Her sister's boss.

"God, that makes me sick. Ian will be all over this. I'll let him know."

"Good idea. Let's all meet today. My place, 2 hours. Give Doyle the plan."

"Ok."

Madison grows more disgusted as enters the studio and sees Eliza and Aaron smiling and laughing as they warm up. "Watch out, Agent...I'm about to fuck your world right up," she thinks to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 210 19
⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*This is an Aaron Hotchner x OC (female) story set in the Criminal Minds universe. Please leave feedback and feel free to vote! Warning: M...
127K 3.3K 25
❝𝙄 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.❞𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙖�...
6.6K 206 14
𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 [Spencer Reid x fem!oc] Awkward Spencer Reid met the awkward new BAU agent, and it just about ruined his entire life. "Of cou...
41K 647 17
A boss and his own agent who has her own secrets to guard? She knows that not only is her boss off limits but he wouldn't want a damned soul like her...