Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

32. After the big day

158 15 258
By Sparkling_star146

Alyan's POV

The car started. We both were on the back seats. Arham was in the driving seat and Maya beside him.

I looked at Warisha. Obviously, she was silent. And I know she's quite mad at me. I don't know why but I just can't resist pulling her leg. And I wanted to start a conversation,so I just asked a very innocent question. And what did I get? A glare.

"You fine?" I asked taking her hand in mine. She nodded her head,still looking out. Thank God she didn't break my hand. Though I'm not sure what she'll do when we'll be alone as the lady don always shows her true colors in front of me. Allah,help me.

She looked down and squeezed my hand. Is she wearing false nails or what? It's poking my skin. Is having nails like an eagle a beauty standard?

"Warisha?" Maya looked behind.

"Yeah?" She took her hand away from mine,more like my hand was a stove. I smirked at her antic.

"Do you need a touch up? We'll take more pictures there." She said excitedly.

"Umm,no. I'm fine." She muttered.

"So Alyan,finally a husband. How is your feeling?" Arham grinned.

"Like your feeling will be within few days." I glared at him.

"Nope,that's not happening so early."

"We'll see. Do you think I don't know anything?" I smirked and he looked at me with big eyes.

"Wha...what do you mean?"

"Areee..look ahead. We don't want to die so soon." Maya yelled.

"I know about you."

"How?" I could sense horror in his voice.

"Do you think I don't know your age?" I said and relief washed through his face.

"Oh,you were talking about my age?"

"What did you think then? I was talking about a girl you like secretly?" I said and heard Maya and Warisha chuckle.

"Shut up,I'm driving." He glared at me.

"Don't worry bhai,we'll get you settled." Maya said and we laughed.

After half an hour,we reached home. I got down from the car and saw her struggling with her hundred ton sari. I looked at Maya.

"Help her." I whispered.

"Nope,that's your work bro. I have my own work." Maya smirked at me and went inside. I looked around for anyone else but we are the first to come,there's no one other then Arham.

I went towards her and extended my hand.

"Come." I said and she held my hand and held her sari with the other hand. As she came out,I took her purse out and handed it to her.

"That's what I wanted." Maya showed me her phone.

"Idiot." I muttered. Others also came within few minutes.

"Should we go inside now?" I asked ammi.

"No,no,no. We have to prepare. Give us few minutes." Ammi said and rushed inside with the girls. I sighed in irritation.

"Have patience boy,your mother is on fire today." Abbu smirked.

"Now come." Ammi came smiling. We climbed the stairs.

"Warisha,look." Maya indicated towards her phone. We looked at it and saw everyone there in video call,her friends,cousins everyone was fighting over to see. She smiled at them.

As we stood at the threshold,Salwa bought a bowl full of water with rose petals on it. She kept it in front of Warishas feet.

"Bhabi,give your feet here." She said enthusiastically. Warisha looked at us perplexed.

"No...how could I...ma.." She muttered looking at ammi.

"What? That's tradition dear." Ammi smiled.

"And please don't keep me standing,hurry up."I said and she glared at me. In this worlds history, I don't think there's any second story like mine where my wife didn't look at me without glare in bridal attire. And a glaring bride,not a happy scene. Poor me!

"Told you,brother in law." Zahan bhai smirked.

"Bhabiiiii...I'm waiting." Salwa whined and Warisha advanced her feet in the bowl hesitantly. Salwa pulled her leg making her stumble,she held my arm tightly to not fall flat on her face.

Salwa washed her feet and grinned at her.

"My money,bhabi." She advanced her hand towards Warisha,grinning.

"Money?" She mumbled.

"Yes bhabi,nothings free in this world."

"You did it deliberately,there was no condition like this." I shrugged.

"I'm not talking to you." Salwa glared at me.

"Try to understand,bhai is just fulfilling his responsibility." Isma said.

"Bhabi,tell your miser husband to stay away from our matters. Now give me my money." Salwa gave me an intense look.

"Come here dear,I'll give it on her behalf." Abbu smiled and Salwa ran towards him.

"Huh,I win." She showed us the money abbu gave her.

"Don't stand,come inside." Ammi said and we went inside. We sat there on a couch. Ammi came and sat beside Warisha with a bowl of dessert.

"Here." She forwarded a spoonful to Warisha and she had it.

Ammi hugged her tightly and she smiled.

"Ammi,where's mine?" I asked and she smirked at me.

"Are you new here?"

"But ammi,I'm your son."

"Not my daughter in law."

"But Rubaba,you got daughter in law because of son so please give some to this poor human being." Abbu chuckled and ammi gave me some with a spoon.

"A spoon? Give me a bowl." I said and ammi glared.

"Did Warisha demand more?"

"Ammi,she's on diet,I'm not." I said aaand..what did I get from her? Yes,you guessed right.

"Did I tell you I'm in a diet? Such a liar." She muttered.

"She didn't have more,so you won't get too. Shut up and eat this or else don't." Ammi said and I quietly ate. Warisha was chuckling beside.

"At least my mother gave me,so don't brag." I whispered in her ear.

"Bhai,enough of your drama. Now introduce all of us to bhabi." Isma stood in front of us with all of the cousins. Warisha looked at them with wide eyes. I'm sure she's shocked seeing so much of them. They,their partners and babies can be a lot.

"She won't be able to remember all of you." I smirked at her.

"She's not a mental patient like you,right bhabi?" She said and Warisha nodded.

"You're nodding? She is saying that your husband is a mental patient and you're nodding?" I asked her making everyone laugh.

"Maybe she is right." She muttered and I glared at her.

"You're messing with the wrong person,lady." I said and she smiled.

"And what will this wrong person do?"

"There's many way to make you mad." I smirked and immediately felt someone slapping my head. I looked behind to see fuppi standing there.

"Why are you disturbing the girl? Already she is tired and you started threatening her." She glared at me.

"By the way,Warisha,I'm Alyans one and only fuppi." She smiled at Warisha coming in front of us.

Smile for her and glare for me? Is this my home or her Paradise? Not good,not good at all.

"Assalamualaikum fuppi." Warisha smiled at her and fuppi hugged her.

"Walaikumassalam dear,may Allah bless you."

"And I am your one and only fuppis one and only daughter." Isma hugged her making her chuckle.

"And she is Rumana bhabi,Alyans chachi." Fuppi introduced her.

"Assalamualaikum chachi." She meekly said and chachi replied her with a hug.

"And does this chachi need any introduction?" Layla chachi came smirking and Warisha shook her head.

"Where's khala?" I asked to Lamia bhabi,Zubair bhais wife.

"Ammi went home as she was not feeling well,don't worry, she'll come again." She said and I nodded. The elders went inside talking about things. Ilma came and stood beside Warisha.

"My chocolate." She forwarded her hands towards Warisha in a dominating voice.

Do they have any chocolate give and take agreement?

"Baby I don't have any chocolate now." Warisha smiled at her.

"No,you have to give me or else I will complaint to Allah." She said with her baby voice making everyone chuckle.

"Please don't complaint to Allah,I'm sorry. I forgot to bring chocolate for you,next time I won't forget."

"Then when you will go out today to go back,bring me chocolates and then go. Okay?" She tilted her head in an adorable way.

"No dear,I won't go today." She said.

"Are you going to stay here today?"

"Yes."

"Then will you sleep in my room,with me and Binti?" She said jumping. Binti is her favourite doll. She can't sleep without hugging that.

"Mmm.....no...I mean...." Warisha was stuttering.

"Then where will you sleep?" She asked sitting between us.

"She'll stay in your mamas room." Sidrat appi said.

"Haww,she is my mami. Not mamas mami. She will stay with me and read my favourite story. I will also let her hug my Binti." She looked at Warishas face whose cheeks were matching a tomato.

"But she is your mamas wife and she can't surely stay with you . " Lamia bhabi said making everyone chuckle. Only Ilma baby was looking around innocently,clearly offended.

"Mami,you are so bad. You didn't give me chocolate and now you won't stay with me. I won't talk to you again." She pouted at Warisha.

"Baby,I'm sorry,I forgot." Warisha hugged her from side.

"No,you're so bad. Mama is better then you." Ilma pouted. I gave Warisha a victorious grin.

"No dear,don't be mad at mami."

"Ilma baby,as I said no chocolate, Warisha is not your chocolate machine. And definitely she is not staying in your room tonight." Appi entered and she frowned. Ilma walked away,mumbling how bad Warisha is and how she will pray to Allah to replace her with a new mami who will always give her chocolates and stay with her.

"Now Warisha,let me introduce you to our cousins." Appi said and Warisha nodded. The introduction part started.

I was looking at Warishas face,enjoying her confused expression. I'm sure she's having a hard time remembering them. I should've told her before.

"Umm..I'm sorry as I didn't recognise you all before. I didn't know that much so...." Warisha said and everyone nodded.

"No problem bhabi,you'll get to know us with time." Jakia said.

"In Shaa Allah."

"By the way Alyan,didn't you tell all this to her?" Appi asked me and I shook my head.

"Oh Allah, then what did you guys used to talk about every day for hours?" She said.

"For hours? Oh my." Lamia bhabi smirked. I looked at Warisha who was looking down. I didn't know the tiles were so beautiful!

"I'm sorry dear,I got busy. Sumayra,you should've taken her inside. She is tired." Ammi came rushing.

"Umm....ammi their room is not ready. So I think they have to sit here until that's done." Appi said.

"So what do we do now?"

"We talk about everything." Sidrat appi said and everyone nodded.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Warisha's POV

After dinner,appi took me towards his,I mean mine....ok,our room.

"Bhabi,remember,you're the boss." Salwa said and I chuckled.

"You seem to know a lot about married life?" Appi looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Happens when you're a genius." Salwa smirked.

"Though you're right. We woman are the boss. And when you get a husband like Zahan,that's needed." Appi said as I and Salwa looked at each other before starting laughing.

"What? That's true." Appi shrugged.

Poor Zahan bhai!

As we reached at the door,appi whispered in my ear.

"Allah Hafiz." And both of the sisters went away. I opened the door and entered inside,only to halt on my steps.

My jaw dropped seeing the decoration of the room. The decoration theme is of white flowers with yellow shades and green leaves. There was a spiral way carpet of white flowers from the threshold,reaching till the bed. The headboard and the corners of the bed were decorated with flowers and leaves. There was no light in the room,only candles everywhere giving dim,soothing light. There was a huge window at the south side of the room,which had candles beside. There was also a balcony. The room was smelling so good due to the flowers all around.

I walked inside slowly,admiring the decoration. He was no where to be seen. I went out at the balcony. It faces a huge garden, the trees beautifully decorated with lightings for the wedding. The decoration is just wow. I stood there,feeling the soothing breeze after a tiring day.

"Is it beautiful?" I got startled and quickly looked behind,only to see him standing there. Can't believe I didn't see him. I just nodded looking out.

"So....." He came behind and I looked around.

"So?"

"Now do I have to kiss your forehead and say 'welcome to my life' in filmy way?" He smirked at me.

"I don't know." I said looking down,blushing.

"Wow,it looks like you've got my tomato virus." He took my hands in his.

"Look how you're sweating. Go and change,this looks so heavy." He said showing me my sweaty palms.

"Ho...how will I go....if you don't leave..my hand?" I stuttered making him chuckle.

"I don't know,that's your concern. I shouldn't leave your hand after holding it once. Very bad."He smiled and I glared at him.

"Stop irritating me."

"And if I don't?"

"Then...then I'll call ma."

"And you think your mother in law is standing outside the door and waiting there to disturb us? And what will you tell her? That her son misbehaved with her daughter in law?" He smirked.

What a.....!!! I don't know what to call him.

"No,but I can use my phone to call her, no need for her to stand out."

"But the problem is that your hands are tied. And as I said,no use." He said indicating at our hands.

"What's your problem, leave me you tomato."

"Remember,there you called me a mental patient. And I hope you know there's no when and what a mental patient can do." He smirked.

"But I didn't say that....what's her name...yes,Isma said that."

"And you supported her. Now what should be your punishment?"

"Pu......punishment?" I asked looking at him.

"Yes,you have two options,either you say sorry or stay here for the whole night."

"Fine,sholly. Now leave me."

There's no way I'm saying sorry!

"That's not how you say that,no cheating."

"You want me to say sorry...oh,that reminds me...even you didn't do that,then why should I? You said I'm looking so ugly." I glared at him.

"I didn't say you're ugly."

"You indirectly said that." My bangles made noise as I moved my hand trying to pull them back.

"Ok,you're looking ugly. I said that. Now you take back your words."

"Huh,never." I frowned.

"Ok then. We'll stay like this."

"Why are you so irritating?" I whined,trying to scratch his hands with my nails.

"Ouch..so long nails." He mumbled but still didn't loosen a bit.

"Wow,a flying broom." I yelled,trying to distract him and he left my hand,trying to see what I said. I tried to take advantage of this but... He's too smart.

"I know we're not in Hogwarts." He smirked at me as he grabbed my hand again.

"Allah....why are you so stubborn? I'm tired,leave my hand."

"You say sorry first."

"Never."

"Then enjoy."

"You're so mean. I shouldn't have married you." I frowned.

"Oh really? Then who should've you married?"

"Someone else or...better remained unmarried."

"And what about me?"

"You could've married someone equally irritating like you." I smirked.

"Is that something you should say to your husband in wedding night?" He said.

"Oh,then what should I say?"

"You can say something sweet." He smirked.

"Sweet?"

"Yeah."

"Chocolate."

"What chocolate?" He asked with a confused expression.

"Chocolate is sweet,and you told me to say something sweet." I shrugged,biting my cheek to suppress a chuckle.

"Now do you understand who's the real mean here?" He glared at me as I started laughing.

"Never seen someone so annoying." He said.

"That's not what you say to your wife in wedding night." I gave him his own medicine.

"And...let me repeat you. What should I say?"

"You should not say something annoying like you say always."

"That's not annoying,that's smart." He grinned.

"Whatever,now leave my hand. It's getting late."

"Okay.." He mumbled but stepped closer. I looked at him,confused of what he's doing. He took my hand near his lips and kissed on my knuckle,then left them. I was completely startled by his sudden act. I looked down in a split second,blushing.

"Forgiven today,but not every day so be careful what you say and do." He said and went inside.

I didn't say anything and stood there for a minute, shock fading. Then I went inside. I took out my clothes and went towards the washroom for a shower.

As I came out from the washroom,I folded my clothes.

"Keep them in the closet,they're empty." He said sitting on the bed,looking at his phone.

As I kept my dress there,I immediately noticed something there and pulled my clothes out with a squeal. That stupid lizard flew behind.

"What happened?" I looked behind hearing his voice, only to discover the lizard on his shoulder.

And he's afraid of them!!!

"Hello,why did you yell?" He asked me still sitting on the bed.

"Umm...listen... you don't....don't move from there..." I said taking steps towards him. He looked at me with raised brows.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing....you don't move...sit there like a good boy.." I said.

"If you're planning any revenge, then that's not happening." He said.

"No...I'm not doing anything bad." I said and he noticed me looking at his shoulder and looked there...

"Aaaaaahhhh......." He yelled and I put my hands on my ear. As he moved,the lizard flew away and fell at the side of the headboard of the bed.

"Lizard...yuck....." He was yelling. I started laughing seeing his expression.

"What's there to laugh at?" He frowned at me.

"Look...at....your face...hahaha....you....hahaha....." I was not able to control my laughter.

"Don't laugh." He said but who cares?

He went and sat on the sofa as I sat in front of the dressing table,still chuckling. Normally I don't use dryer but tonight it's needed as I'll catch cold if I sleep with wet hair.

After finishing,I made a loose braid of them. I got up and looked at him. He was still on his phone. I went and sat on the bed,resting my head on the headboard.

"Come,don't you want to sleep?" I asked him and he nodded getting up. As he came in front of the bed,he halted with horror on his face.

"Take that away." He said to me.

"What?"

"That thing...lizard." He said showing me the lizard which was lying on his side of the bed with all it's glory.

"How will I remove it?" I asked,confused about his drama.

"Take it in your hand by it's tail and throw it away." He said shrugging. I imagined myself doing that and....

"Take it in my hand by it's tail? Have you gone mad? I'm not doing it,it'll bite me and I'll die." I shook my head.

"Lizards don't kill,dumbo. Just take it away."

"Then why don't you do it yourself?" I asked annoyed.

"I'm afraid of this."

"And I'm not Hercules that I'm going to be so brave."

"Then where will I sleep?"

"Why don't you come in my side?"

"And where will you go?"

"I'll....we can manage,the bed is quite big." I said.

"No,I'm not coming here,in this lizards territory." He said and I slapped my forehead.

"Why are you behaving like Ilma? Even Ilma is more brave. Come here beside me." I said but he stepped back.

"No,I'm fine there."

"Then I'll sleep on the sofa,you come here."

"As I said,I don't want to sleep on this bed until this ew animal goes from here. Now give me the pillow." He said and I shook my head.

"I won't."

"Fine." He came beside me and tried to take the pillow. But I held it tight.

"That's a no." I said as he glared at me.

"Warisha,give that,"

"No."

"The lizard is coming towards you.." He said and I shrieked,shifting away. He took advantage of that and took the pillow.

"Why are you acting like mad? Come back I said." I said but he didn't reply.

"Then I'm also coming there." I said as I got up and went there.

"Shift." I said as I pushed him by his shoulder. He turned and looked at me.

"Go back at the bed." He said and I shook my head.

"No,I'll stay with you on the sofa until you come back on the bed."

"Oh really? Do you see the space of this sofa? I hope you can imagine how we'll have to sleep here." He gave me a sinister smirk as I frowned.

"Allah,please. Come." I pulled him by his arm but no use.

"Why don't you just sleep there? What's the problem?"

"Do you want your wife to sleep alone,that too tonight?" I made a puppy face,trying to show him a reason.

"Don't try to act smart,this won't work on me. And yes,don't come to lecture me about tonight." He smirked as I looked at him blankly.

"What do you mean?"

"Do I have to tell you everything?" He said and then I realised what he meant.

This man!!!

"But...I..I'll be afraid."

"Afraid of what? Ghost?"

"No,but this place is new for me."

"Warisha,I'm not going to Uganda leaving you here. I'll be here,just few metres. Now please go,I have to sleep." He said,turning away.

"But.."

"Good night." He said as I stomped my feet,going away.

"Fine,stay there. I don't care. I hope this lizard will go and sleep on your nose." I said and laid on the bed. I won't lie but I was feeling bad about him sleeping on the couch even though there's a huge bed here. And, as it's a new place for me,I was feeling afraid too.

Cursing him continuously, I don't know when I dosed off.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My sleep broke due to the constant beep of my phone. I opened my eyes and the first thing my eyes noticed is dangling legs. He was sleeping there,but the sofa is too small for him so his legs were dangling out. I chuckled at this scene and turned off the alarm. Then I took a picture of him sleeping like that,obviously to tease him someday.

I got up and went towards him.

"Hey...get up..it's fajr time...get up...are you hearing...hello..." I called him but it was like I was yelling to a wall.

"Get up....heyyyyy..." No response.

"FOR ALLAHS SAKE WAKE UP!!!!!" I yelled and he sat up within a split second.

"Astagfirullah,why were you screaming like that?" He glared at me.

"Because there was a semi deaf man here who will miss fajr if I don't yell." I said sweetly.

"Evil woman." He muttered and got down. Then he did ablution and went out for masjid. I also prayed fajr and sat on the bed,waiting for him.

After half an hour,he came back.

"Where's my pillow?" He asked looking at the sofa.

"It's here." I said showing that on the bed.

"Uh,give that." He stepped.

"The lizard is gone,you can come back here now." I said signalling him towards the bed.

"Sure?" He looked at it around.

"Yeah sure." I said. Actually,I took a piece of board and took the lizard out with it with lot of difficulty,muttering all the surahs I know.

He sat beside me on the bed and looked at me.

"What happened?"

"I'm sorry."

"And why?"

"You had to sleep on the sofa because of me."

"How?"

"I could've taken that lizard away,but I didn't."

"Who said sleeping on a sofa can be uncomfortable? I loved that as I don't want to share my things with anyone." He smirked and I glared at him.

"Then why did you marry me?"

"Because... That's my wish." He said making me smile.

"Now sleep,we have a long day ahead." He said and laid down on the bed. I also laid down,smiling.

What a night!!!

..............................
..................

Assalamualaikum everyone. How are you all?

Phew,loooooooong chapter. Actually it was not so long when I finished writing,but after that when I went to edit,things became longer and longer😂. Hope it was worth your time.

And about Salwa washing Warisha's feet,it's like a tradition here. When a bride comes in her husbands home for the first time,a younger sister in law washes her feet. And gets money or gift in return. It used to be settled with gold jewelleries before,but nowadays they betray us with money😑. Weird tradition,right? But it's fun. There are many more like this here😂

Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 2.5K 51
Gossamerpink presents :- Kritika Gupta is a Simple girl, studying in third year of college. Small Family, good friend and really happy life. But it c...
185K 2K 53
SYPNOSIS Fashie Marquez Guerrero, an only child and only girl cousins of Marquez and Guerrero's clan. Her cousins are always over protective to her...
15.8K 566 34
Been #1 in Chandigarh #2 in Mumbai #2 in entrepreneurs Ruhi Singhania. The CEO of Earthly Fashions. She is known for her luxurious lifestyle, outstan...
70.3K 5.2K 45
"Is she mine?" Freen asked with shaky hands watching the little kid playing on the playground. Her hair cascade on her shoulders, her eyes were brown...