Make Our Days Count : Domestic

By michka0330

What if we are able to see the life of Haoting and Shigu after the lovely housewarming party? Living together... More

Authors Note
Our home
Leaving the nest
Mine
University
Haoting's
Temptation
Saturday
Sunday
Business partner
Sun Bo - The Dumbo
LDR
Lollipop
Trust
Visit
2nd Anniversary
2nd Anniversary: Extended
Jealousy
I'm sorry, Love
Home again
5 Years + 6 months
Part 23 : Games
Part 24 : Happy 7th Anniversary
Part 25 : Yes?
Part 26: Happy
Part 27 : Preparation
Part 28: Husbands

Company Dinner

981 32 8
By michka0330

'So you never had any girlfriend before?' 

Shigu shook his head slowly. These questions are making him uncomfortable but his fellow researcher is asking out of curiosity. Few  days ago, he politely rejected another confession by a fellow female researcher and saying he already has a boyfriend. Then the news spread like wildfire. 

It's already a few years since same-sex marriage is legally accepted but people perception doesn't change that fast. Normalising same-sex relationship will take more than a few years. 

'Not even a kiss or casual relationship?', another one asked. 

Shigu drinks his water quickly, and again he shakes his head. His colleagues surrounding him makes a 'wow' with their mouth. 

Almost all of them likes having Shigu around. The senior researchers already knew him from his internship last semester. He is doing additional research for his Master in this same observatory. Hardworking, polite, meticulous, and brainy too. 

The female colleagues often flirts, sometimes not too subtly. Now the male colleagues thought they might stand a chance too. There is something androgynous about Shigu that attract both genders. 

'Aren't you curious at all?' , the girl who flirted with Shigu since his internship day asked him. She cupped her face with her hands propping on the table. Some other people also joined them at the cafeteria. It's weekend anyway, might as well as chit chat and release some stress. They only have each other in this god forsaken place in the middle of the mountain. 

'No. Haoting is enough for me.'

'That's his name?'

Shigu nods. 

'Is he older than you?'

'We are the same age, school mates from the same year.'

'Woaaahh, so you dated from highschool till now?'

'Yes.'

'Is he also like you too. Only likes men?'

Shigu hesitates. 'Well, he...uhhh, he had girlfriends before.'

Haoting couldn't reach Shigu via his mobile. He might leave it on silent and put it in his backpack again. This habit of him...

He decided to walk out of the parking lot to the main office building. He usually just wait for Shigu at the parking lot. The admin told him that most of the staffs would hang out at the cafeteria. She saw Shigu was there half an hour ago. 

Haoting walks toward the cafeteria. The air feels nice up here, clean and unpolluted. 

He wears his black leather jacket. He needs to attend his company dinner tonight and he is bringing Shigu with him. The theme is denim and leather. He got a white denim jacket for Shigu. 

When he walks into the cafeteria, he saw Shigu sitting at a table with his colleagues. Almost all of them just sitting at the same table instead of spread out across the different tables. They just combined the tables together like a feast. Shigu has his back on the entrance so he did not see Haoting came in. 

The rest of the staffs focus their attention on a hot man suddenly showing up at their cafeteria. Thank God, what a sight! The girls absentmindedly twirling their hair and smiles. 

Haoting walks to the table. 

Shigu realized the shift of attention and turned around. 

He stands and smiles happily, taking a quick steps and jumps into Haoting's embrace. 

'I'm here to pick you up. Ready?'

Shigu nods to confirm. Then he turned back to his colleagues and introduce Haoting to them, 'This is Xiang Hao Ting, my boyfriend.'

Haoting nods his head and smiles to them at the introduction, 'Hi, I'm here to pick up Shigu. Hope I'm not disturbing your breakfast.' 

'No! Not at all! How about joining us for breakfast?', one of the girl offers. 

Haoting took a glance at Shigu and replied, 'I'd love to but we have plans today. Maybe next time.' 

Some of these days, he can tell what Shigu is feeling by gauging his expressions and body languages. It is not expressive enough for outsider to guess but it is enough for Haoting to catch it. 

Haoting helped Shigu to put his stuff in the small backpack, mostly his papers. Then he took the bag from Shigu, carrying it in his left hand. They said good bye and walked away. 

Haoting took Shigu hand into his right hand, intertwining them. Shigu is oblivious to the attention they are getting. He happily chat with Haoting. His colleagues follows their interactions with their eyes, sipping their coffee. 

'Damn, he's hot!' 

'Company Dinner?'

'Yes. I got you this jacket, why don't you try it on? It will start quite early actually so we need to go directly to the hotel.' Haoting pointed to the jacket at the back seat. 

Shigu put it on and flaps his arms. It is a little bit long. 'I look funny' Shigu commented. 

Haoting chuckled. He already selected the smallest size. The size looks fine, just the arm is a bit longer. He can fold that part. 

He pulled over the car on the way down from the mountain, stopping at the side of the road. Shigu looks at him confusingly. 'Why are we stopping?'

'You haven't give me my greeting kiss.' 

He took of his seat-belt and lean closer. Shigu face is blushed to his ears. He drops a quick peck. Just 2 weeks away and he is feeling shy again. Haoting looks stunning in his attire. His hair looks nice too. Who allowed him to be this good so early in the morning.  

Haoting enjoyed seeing the flustered Shigu. There is a hint of jealously from this morning too, he is feeling jealous when his colleague asked Haoting to join them for breakfast. 

He pulled Shigu's nape and nibbled on his lips. Shigu reacted by pulling the front of his jacket closer. Haoting deepen the kiss, seeking an entrance and licking the bottom lips. Sweet. 

They arrived at the hotel, greeted by a familiar face. 

'Welcome to Y Hotel Mr Xiangs!' Yu Hao enthusiastically welcome them as a member of the banquet team. 'Looking lovey dovey as always!'

A/N: Yu Hao is now working in a luxury hotel in F&B Banquet department.

Haoting grinned while carrying two bags in in one hand. Another hold Shigu firmly on his waist. 

Yu Hao take another look at Shigu and raised his brow at Haoting. Shigu face is flushed, and his eyes is dreamy. A light hickey can be see incompletely near his collarbone. Haoting winks proudly. 

Yu Hao chuckled. He assisted them with the room change, asking a favour from the reception to put them in a room with nicer view and higher floor, not to mention lesser people on the 27th floor to be affected from any possible sound disturbances. It's his way of thanking Haoting for being an efficient guard dog for his boyfriend whenever he was away back in university. 

Haoting draw Shigu closer into his embrace, kissing his hairs. Shigu is a bit annoyed at Haoting for flirting with him all the way in the car, stopping every now and then for a kiss but refused to go further. 'Relax, we have all night...' He assured Shigu as he keeps on edging him. 

Shigu laid on the large bed comfortably. 'Ahhhhh... this is so nice. Your company is rich.'

Haoting laughed. Shigu looks so small on that large bed. He walks closer and dropped himself on the bed, caging Shigu underneath him, hovering on top of him but not putting any of his weight on him. He breathes just inches in front Shigu's lip, smirking. 'Let's go.'

Shigu grunts. He is really pent up and not really in the mood for this company dinner thing. He would rather stay in bed with Haoting. 

Haoting dragged him from the bed. He follows while pouting. 

*

All eyes on Shigu and Haoting when they walked in the hall.  

So different but somehow they compliment each other well, Haoting huge frame towering over Shigu. His black jacket looks intimidating but somehow Shigu's white jacket soften their look. It does not scream couple look but they are well chosen. Not too much, not too little. There is nothing showy and overboard about it. 

Haoting colleague's agreed among themselves that Shigu is cuter in person than he looks from the photos they stalked. They are expecting Shigu to come in a suit that emitted an intellectual aura. They expected him to talk about his work and flashing his intelligence. But the moment he stepped in, he looks like a tiny softball beside Haoting. Most of the girls have their maternal instinct kicked in. They wanted to protect him even though they don't know him. 

He smiles shyly and listens attentively to every conversation they subjected him to. He took  glass of champagne but doesn't seems to sip it at all, just having his hand occupied. Whenever Haoting has to go away across the hall to help out with something, Shigu follows with his gazes. It's almost as if the rest of the people doesn't exist. 

Haoting placed his hand on Shigu when they are together. Either placing his hands on Shigu shoulders, waist, or just brushing the back of his hand, they don't seem aware of their intimacy is having an effect on other people. People who thought they can challenge Shigu now slowly backing away after looking at how much love in his eyes. They can't possibly compete with that. 

Shigu seeks Haoting almost unconsciously. He laughs along the performances, whispering with Haoting, patting Haoting's arms, drumming his fingers following the music on Haoting's thigh, tugging on Haoting's jacket to get his attention, checking Haoting's reactions every now and then. Once or twice, he leans into Haoting's arm. 

'Can we invite another couple on stage for our game? ' The MC suddenly asked. Haoting and Shigu is lost in their tiny conversation when suddenly the MC called out to them. 'Xiang Hao Ting and partner, please join us on stage.'  

Shigu can feel his face turning red. He smiles as Haoting leads him to the stage by holding his hand. 

The MC started, 'The couple who has the most correct answer will be the winner. Please don't cheat and quickly put your answers on the paper. We will verify it.'

There are 5 couples on the stage. There are 25 questions that they have to write down the answer about themselves and their partner. It ranges from random questions, to questions about habits, values, past, and present. It's a test to see how much they know each other.

One of the new couple got only 5 rights. Everyone is encouraging them.

It's ok not to know everything about your partner when you just started dating for a few months. Relationship takes time.

The MC, Wee Hau advises them, 'It is good to take time to know each other well before you get married. Otherwise you will be stuck in a disastrous one, like me. Take more interest about each other. My wife told me she likes cooking but turns out she only likes to play mahjong all day. She can't cook at all.' 

He is still bitter about his marriage. His wife turned out to be totally different from the woman he went on a blind date with. She changed 360 degree right after their wedding. He is rushed into a wedding too fast. Everyone just laughed. They are used to his antics. 

Another couple got 17 correct. The highest so far. 

The MC continues, 'Now, our Engineer Team Leader from Team 2, Xiang Hao Ting and his adorable partner...' he reads from the paper 'Yu Shi Gu! Ready?'

Sitting across each other on the stage, they both nodded.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 70 9
having a new roommate was already hard to adjust as it is. but things happen and time passes quickly. what happens when your hard and complicated pas...
98.6K 4.1K 25
(~Completed~) Crossing The Line AU Yu Hao was a famous volleyball player... key word, was. Until he took it a little too far and sustained a career...
13 0 12
π™Έπš— 𝚊 πš πš˜πš›πš•πš πšπš’πšŸπš’πšπšŽπš πš‹πš’ πš›πš’πšŸπšŠπš•πš›πš’, πšŽπš—πšŽπš–πš’πšŽπšœ Yuto πšŠπš—πš Yuki πšπš’πš—πš πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš–πš’πšπšœπš πšŒπš˜πš—πšπš•πš’πšŒπš, πšŒπš‘πšŠπš•πš•πšŽοΏ½...
3.1K 476 60
Who would have thought that pursuing happiness would lead to unfortunate disparity between the one you love. 𝔇𝔬𝔫'𝔱 π”©π”’π”žπ”³π”’ π”ͺ𝔒, β„‘ 𝔑𝔬𝔫'𝔱 οΏ½...