5 Years + 6 months

A/N: I wrote two draft yesterday but I deleted both. Now I respect authors even more. How the hell they they are able to conjure and twist the plots in the their mind over 500 pages long? 

'Ah Hao, no. We really shouldn't.' Shigu objected again. Haoting is planning to move to a bigger apartment. Shigu is not too keen on that idea. 

One because he is so used to this tiny house they shared since the past 5 years. It means more to him because he stays here longer. 

Second, they just finished their internships and still not financially stable. Haoting will start his first job as junior programmer in a gaming company. Shigu is still finalising his internship to apply for research grant in the national observatory. He needs to save money for his Master Degree.

Third, they would be barely home anyway. It is pointless to spend so much money on bigger apartment at the moment when they are only home to sleep. They should save first. 

Haoting caresses Shigu on his arms, hugging him by the kitchen. 

'Fine.' He gave in. 'But that doesn't mean I'm dropping this plan. I'm just postponing it. But I still gonna get that secondhand car. We need it to travel to work when its raining. And I am not letting you walking under the rain and hot sun.' 

Shigu is extremely frugal with his spending. It took Haoting years to persuade him to splurge once in a while. He hates dining out in those fancy restaurants, he won't spend money on careless and impulsive purchases, he keeps a spending log - monitoring their budget on spending vs saving, he nags at Haoting for going overboard sometimes with his money. 

Haoting continues, 'I will give you a better life as I promised.'

'It doesn't have to be grand. As long as we have enough food and each other, I'm happy.' Shigu pecks Haoting on his lips. 'Thank you for always pampering me.'

'Always had, and will always be, Love'

Haoting slumped at his desk after turning off his computer. He took of his glasses and rub his strained eyes. 

He glanced at his affirmation on his work desk, MARRY SHIGU IN 5 YEARS. 

5 years has passed since he was smitten by the hardworking and fierce boy. He wants to complete another goal. 5 more years to go. He wants to make Shigu legally his.

Work is hectic for the last 2 months. He doesn't have to prepare coffee or anything for the senior staffs, but socialising and networking is almost like an unspoken requirement. He had to accompany the supervisor and senior programmers after work. 

He wanted so much just to spend it at home with Shigu. 5 years old university and internships already took a lot of his time away from Shigu. Now first year of work is a test itself. It was hella different than what he expected. But he needed good job and good money. There's so many things he wanted to do, going on longer dates, buy things for Shigu, takes him on vacations, shower him with all the good things in life. The faster, the better. Plus this job is just right. He likes gaming so working in one should be heaven, right?

'Xiang! Let's go!' His supervisor called him from across the room. He puts his glasses back on and follows them out. 

He arrived home close to midnight. Shigu is already asleep.

He hugs Shigu, 'Goodnight, Love'

*

Shigu completed his internship and managed to secure a position at the observatory as research assistant. He still needed to continue his Master next semester. He will earn some income from it, but not much.