Precious [h.s.]

By softyhs

𝘐 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺, 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘩... More

Introduction
Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 21

597 28 66
By softyhs

Oh, jealousy, you tripped me up
Jealousy, you brought me down
You bring me sorrow, you cause me pain
Jealousy, when will you let go?
Got a hold of my possessive mind
Turned me into a jealous kind

“Nadine, where are you? I've been waiting here for half an hour and you still haven't shown up,” I tell Nadine through the phone as I stay in front of my apartment, waiting for her to come to get me so we can go to Adelia’s birthday party.

It wouldn’t have been a problem if she would have just told me she needs more time to prepare - I would have ordered a cab or found someone who could have got me on their way there, but now I am left here alone, without a ride, and running late.

I need to buy myself a vehicle immediately. I can’t use other people’s cars forever. If I would have been a normal person, I would have saved money so I could buy a car, as fast as possible, even if it wouldn’t have been my favorite one.

Of course, that’s not my case. I have been taking more shifts at the bakery to increase my salary so I can buy what I want faster. Most people would think that buying that is a dumb choice, but at least it will make me happy.

Nadine offered numerous times to lend me some money but I refused instantly. She is a good person and I know she would help me at any hour of the day if I would ask. I can’t bring myself to do it though. I would feel like I am using her and being used is one of the worst feelings. She told me about her old ‘friends’ and how they were some gold-diggers who only wanted to get something from her.

“I’m so so so sorry, Harry. I lost track of time and I completely forgot about you,” Ouch. “I don’t know what happened to my car today. It had just broken down so I took it to the mechanic. Micha-An uber will get me there. Yeah, I will probably call an uber or something. Again, I am very sorry that I left you waiting,” She apologies once again.

“Don’t worry about it, flower. I will call Olympia to see if she can come and take me,” I tell her and check the clock on my phone.

“Oh. Olympia? I can give you money to-

Not again.

“Honey, no. I am fine. I am not poor; I got money. If Olympia is willing to help me-good, if not, I will call an uber and pay it with my own money. I have a job and a wage so you don’t have to stress about it.”

“Okay then. Get there safe. Bye.”

“See you soon. I lov-Bye, ” I say and hang up as soon as I finish my words.

How can I be this stupid? I almost told her that I love her. I can’t even accept the fact that I am in love with Nadine and I don’t want to spill out to her and tell her the fact which may ruin our friendship.

I click on Olympia’s name on my phone and wait a few seconds for her to respond “Hi, Harry! Where are you? The party started 40 minutes ago.”

“Hi. This is kind of the reason why I called you. I don’t have a ride anymore and I was wondering if you could pick me up,” I reply, a little embarrassed about my requirement.

“Of course I can. Don't worry about it. I’ll arrive in approximately 10 minutes.”

I wait for a few minutes until I see the headlights of Olympia’s car and when it stops beside me I get inside right away, receiving a hug from her.

“Who was supposed to give you a lift?” She asks and I turn my head to her from the window.

“Nadine, but she had some trouble with her car so I got in this situation,” I respond and I see her face scrunch up in disgust at the mention of Nadine’s name.

I have no idea what happened between them. From what I’ve heard, which is very little, the three of them, Adelia, Olympia, and Nadine, had an argument while they were in high school, but apparently, Adelia and Olympia are on good terms right now.

“So she just left you standing there? What friend does this?” she asks with an obvious tone in her voice.

“She didn’t do it on purpose,” I respond but she still has a bitter expression on her face.

“You two are good friends, huh?”

“I mean, yeah. We got really close in a short period of time and she is one of the closest friends I have. I care about her a lot,” I respond with a shy smile, caused by the thought of all of the memories I had made with Nadine.

She made my accommodation time here easier. She showed me around the city, we went sightseeing and many more. Of course, Niall, Liam, and even Olympia offered to be my 'guide', but I honestly prefer Nadine so I politely refused their proposal.

We get to the place where the event is and get out of the car. We enter and we’re met with the rest of our friends who lead us to where they are sitting. I chat with the few people I know here and go to the bar to get myself a drink.

“I missed you. Maybe we should meet again sometime.” I hear beside me a voice which I recognize right away and when I turn my head to the direction where the sound came from, shockingly, there stands Nadine in the arms of a guy I had never seen before.

The view in front of me makes my blood boil and my jaw clench. The jealousy is taking over me but I try to keep calm and pretend I didn't see them being all touchy together.

“I will definitely want to see you again, angel.” I scoff and roll my eyes at their conversation. He uses pet names with her? How close are they?

Nadine’s back is to me so she hasn’t seen me yet and I know that listening to other people's conversation is impolite but he may be a bad guy with even worse intentions so what is wrong with acting like a good citizen, being cautious of possibly dangerous people?

The guy smiles at her and checks her out, without trying to hide it, but I’m sure Nadine doesn’t observe it. I just want to take her from there and go away from this man, but she is an independent woman and I can't tell her what to do.

I watch them from the corner of my eye and when the guy gets closer to leave a kiss on her cheek, I get off my chair and put my arm around Nadine’s waist, taking by surprise both of them.

“Oh, Harry. Hi,” She says and embraces me right away, the lad whose name I still don’t know staring at us with a hateful look in his eyes.

“How are you, baby?” I ask and I can see the man’s posture stiffening. Not the only one with pet names, huh?

“I am fine. Thank you. This is Adam, an old friend of mine.”

“Harry,” I extend my hand in front of me and he shakes it while mumbling a remarkably bored ‘nice to meet you’.

“Likewise,” Well, not actually. I would have preferred not to accomplice their reunion.

We talk for a few minutes and Nadine is keen on drinking tonight, buying drink after drink. While Adam talks to the bartender, I move nearer her and just as I am about to ask her something, Olympia comes behind me, stealing the attention of both of us.

“Harry, here you are. I’ve been looking for you. Where is the dance you promised me in the car? C’mon, there’s finally a slow song on.” She takes my hand and drags me to the dancefloor where I dance slowly, with her.

Even if I dance with Olympia, my gaze is fixated on Nadine and how she laughs at whatever that guy tells her. We exchange looks and she winks at me before putting her arms around Adam’s neck and starting to dance with him, making my body tense and my pulse speed.

So we are playing the jealousy game.

Why the fuck are we even doing this? Friends shouldn't be jealous in this kind of circumstance, right?

I take a hold of Olympia’s hand and twirl her around, surprising her. Assuming by the gigantic smile on her face, she enjoys it so there’s no need for me to feel guilty.

The song is drawing to an end and I notice how close the people who I have been studying all night are, and the way his hands are very low on her hips almost-

Fuck being calm. The song is on the verge of finishing anyway.

I gently get Olympia’s arms off my shoulders, without saying a word, and head towards the two of them.

“Nadine,” I call her and she turns to me, leaving her annoying friend a frustrated mess.

“She is busy,” he doesn’t even let her open her mouth and answers for her, through gritted teeth.

“I was talking to her. You can leave now,” I tell him and Nadine gives me a dirty look.

“What happened?” she asks me concerned.

“I need to tell you something important. Now please,” I speak in a rush and I can feel my head spinning.

“Okay. Let’s go,” she says without any hesitation and takes a hold of my arm while Adam throws his hands into the air.

Author's note:

Originally, I wrote a chapter but I thought it was too long so I split it into two. The next chapter is also in Harry's pov.
All my love,
-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 1.6K 65
Westlake, South Carolina. Home to Brooklyn Callahan, the best latte maker on the east coast. Or so her mom tells her. She's lived in the mundane town...
151K 4.2K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
110K 2.8K 64
Thea is simple in all that she wants, yet very complicated in her emotions. Harry is an open book, raw, honest and not afraid, but not perfect. "Don...
250K 5.1K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...