MR AND MRS MAFIA

By TheWalnutTree

Alessia Ferrari is the Don of the Italian Mafia. Whip-smart and dangerous, she is a woman in a man's world, s... More

Authors note
1 - Nobody's doormat
2 - Cold and bitter
3 - He made me blush
4 - A lethal beauty
5 - Trapped forever
6 - Stay the night
7 - Beg for mercy
8 - Dirty hands
9 - Cocky bastard
10 - She made me blush
11 - My princess
12 - Repulsive creature
13 - Piece of shit
14 - Drown my sorrows
15 - Impulsive
16 - Perfect strangers
17 - Red carpet
18 - This is fun
19 - A straight flush
20 - Lovely party
21 - Panic
22 - Surrender
23 - Broken rules
24 - Fire away
25 - Dont piss me off
26 - Caught
27 - Ladies shouldn't swear
28 - The assassin
29 - Say it
30 - Metaphorical butterflies
31 - I want you
32 - Tangled together
33 - Punishment
34 - Unsafe
35 - My new obsession
36 - She's my liar
37 - Hard and firm
38 - Dinner party
39 - Fighting dirty
40 - Blood, tears and wounds
41 - Hesitated
42 - Hold my hand
43 - Amore mio
45 - Little pig
46 - Home
48 - America's ass
49 - Taken
50 - Destroy me
51 - Never
52 - My everything
53 - Forgive me
54 - I can't cry
55 - Damn bitch
56 - Brother
57 - Postpone dinner
58 - Beg and apologise
59 - Die bitch
60 - Ti amo sempre
61 - Fucking hell
62 - Piss me off
63 - Ultrasound
64 - So called king
65 - Little Dog
66 - Bloody christmas
67 - Oh shit
68 - Broken
69 - Famiglia
70 - Perfectly hungover
71 - Men with accents
72 - Mother dearest
73 - Cyanide
74 - It's time
75 - Oh baby
76 - Epilogue
77 - Special bonus chapter
The end ~ Authors note
Sequel
Fan covers

47 ~ Scared but happy

94.9K 2.1K 2.5K
By TheWalnutTree

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

I was on the way to Mariano's new home that he and his girlfriend have moved in to. I wasn't happy about it but what could I do. I couldn't possibly detest the idea enough for him to listen to me. He was far too stubborn. And he was my brother so seeing him happy made me happy. And if I had to cope with that bitch, then I would, even behind gritted teeth. And maybe one day, I could come to like her. She just seemed to piss me off for no reason. I could see through her, she was a gazelle in a predators world. I'm going to try, for Mariano's sake, I'm going to hold back my tongue and smile at her.

She did nothing wrong to be honest. She just didn't do anything. When Mariano was taken she did nothing. But then she couldn't fight, she couldn't do anything so what did I expect. I just wanted him to be with some girl who could protect herself. Who could protect him.

I twirled my wavy hair in my hand absentmindedly, with the other sat in my lap as the car drove down the uneven broken roads. Four weeks have passed and since then Mariano had got settled into his home and Ace and I. Well we spent almost every night together. We couldn't resist each other so we tore our clothes off night after night. I tugged my long hair, maybe I should cut it again. I glanced down at my wedding band of gold on my finger, I wish Ace was here.

I smiled remembering our good times and how good he was. He was always so good to me. It seems like only yesterday when I got married but yet it feels like I've been married to the cretin for years. Suffice to say we were still in the honeymoon faze. There was no lack of passion, not with Ace. Fuck me, the man was more than I could ever have hoped for.

Unfortunately, he declined Mariano's invitation for he had some business to deal with. I was excited to see my brother, it has been a while and I've got so much to say.

"Five minutes Don." The fucking idiot of a guard spoke up from the front seat. I never let him sit with me for I might stab him. I still hated the man but I've managed to let him live due to circumstances. I do miss KC a lot. She's doing just fine because Ramsay was chasing after her like a puppy. It's utterly hilarious.

"All right." I spoke softly to the man. I pulled out my phone from my jeans and called Ace. Fuck, am I being clingy? I don't care. "Ace?" I said into the phone. "Yes love, what's wrong?" He answered. I smiled. "Nothing. So what are you doing?" I asked while I stared out of the window.

"Just interrogating a stupid fucker." He sighed. I smiled imagining him becoming frustrated. This was as normal as our conversations went sometimes. "Have you been sleeping?" I asked. I heard light chuckling. "I can only sleep when you're here so hurry back."

The car stopped and the guard opened my door, the only thing he was good at. The hot sunlight touched my skin as birds flew in the clear sky, singing my arrival no doubt. "Got to go. Love you." I spoke into the phone. "See you soon. Love you always Alessia." He said back.

The idiot is so fucking sappy. Who would have thought. But he makes my life exciting. I wouldn't have it any other way. It could only get more interesting.

I stepped out of the car and looked ahead. This must be Mariano's new house. It's definitely a downgrade from his mansion. I wondered why his girlfriend wanted to move out and not live in his seven bedroom house, with everything you could ever need. Beats me.  I gazed at the freshly painted white picket fence, the roses that spread around the grounds and the dainty little door. I walked across the cobbled path and knocked on the door. I heard footsteps and the door was opened.

I smiled and propelled my body so fast into him, he stumbled back. I hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me and held me like he used to when I was a little girl. When after father used to hit me, he dried up my tears and held my chin up. "It's so good to see you." I mumbled into his shoulder, breathing in his musky scent. "It's good to see you too sorella (sister)" He chuckled lightly.

We let go and he invited me inside. I looked around the living room. It was definitely cosy. "Looks like you've painted it yourself." I remarked as I looked at the painting that hung above the fireplace. Mariano folded his muscled arms as he looked at the painting. "Shut the fuck up. That cost me seven million."

I scoffed. "How rude. I'm just saying if you wanted a ugly yellow blob, I could have done it for you and I would have done it for free." Oh how I missed insulting him.

He chuckled as he dismissed my comment. I smiled at him. He was so fucking happy, I could tell. I walked over to him and ruffled his freshly cut hair before he ducked away. "Show me around." I smirked as I watched him tidy up his hair.

He smiled and led me to the kitchen. He also showed me the bedrooms and hidden wine cellar. It was all very cute. We were now stood outside in the garden. It was a beautiful day.

"Here." Mariano spoke as he returned from the house with beer in hand. I was sat on the bench in the small garden which wasn't overlooked by the neighbouring houses. It was private which I loved. This was my favourite part of his new house. The green vines from the two grapevines curled around the wooden pergola. The soft sound of the stream of water nearby was complimented by the twittering of wild birds. Everything was so vibrant, so alive.

I shook my head. "I'm giving up alcohol." I looked down at the green grass beneath my heels and at the tiny caterpillar munching on some kind of shrub. He sighed heavily as he dropped down onto the bench beside me, his heavy muscled body making it shake. He let out a deep sigh as he glanced at the two bottles of beer in his hands. "Again?" He remarked. "Yes I'm trying again." He knew I tried quitting many many times before. But I always gave in because the temptation was too much.

He sipped one of the beers, no doubt he would drink both soon. "You'll fail. I know you. As soon as you go back to Ace, you'll be drinking again." He nudged me. I fake gasped. "Gosh have some faith in me would you." I chuckled. "There was that time I didn't drink for almost two months." I added. He hummed amused, he was the one who broke that two months of sobriety by encouraging me to drink and I did.

"Mariano." A sweet voice called out. I looked towards the door as his girlfriend emerged. She smiled as she walked down the path towards us in her sandals. She wore a pretty striped dress which was cinched at her waist. Her brunette hair was curled to perfection and her makeup was delicately applied. "Hi Alessia!" She greeted. Mariano rose from his seat and kissed her. It was too late to turn away, I'll just bleach my eyes later. "Hello Alena." I replied. Ace told me to be nice and to use her name.

"Your house is lovely." I smiled. Perhaps she reminded me of the girl I used to be or the girl I would have been if I had not been to who I was. Maybe that's why a small part of me resented her. Mariano smiled softly at me. I was trying, I really was. The girl smiled again, her cheeks rounding. "Thank you."

I stood up and turned my attention to the slow setting sun, the deep orange and pinks merging creating a beautiful picture. "So what are we doing Mariano?" I asked in eagerness. I was staying the night and he promised me an activity as a way to bribe me for coming over. He didn't need to bribe me, I would have come. I would have been nice.

He rubbed his stubbled cheek, his eyes glazing over with a cheeky glint. "You can come and watch me get my ass beat." He grinned. I chuckled. Fuck yes. "Then what are we waiting for?" I would love to watch him get his ass handed to him. It was very rare that happened however.

So we were driven to a illegal fighting arena. A new one I haven't been too. Mariano went to these places a lot more than me. He was a fucking champion. Although I could still beat him blindfolded. Definitely. Maybe.

Two of my guards followed behind me as we pushed past the densely packed arena. Fucking sweat was all I could smell as well as smoke and a lot of it. There was something pungent in the air which made me feel nauseous. I watched as Mariano pushed to the front with his girlfriend behind him.

We finally stopped at a less crowded part of the arena. The whole place was alive, roaring and absolutely fucking fun. I crossed my arms as I watched Mariano get up onto the stage. He took off his hoodie and threw it outside the ring. There he stood in his shorts with his hands wrapped. His opponent was a man of similar stature.

I looked at his opponent, his stance was heavy, he had a cracked rib by the way he moved but he was fast. I do wish he could land a punch, that would be funny.

"You alone darling?" A croaky voice chuckled beside me. My fingers grazed my knife in my pocket, ready to strike out. I looked at a short man who was talking to Mariano's girlfriend. He grinned his ugly teeth at her. She was clearly uncomfortable. "Leave her the fuck alone." I growled to the man, speaking up for her. Men, why do some of them even exist.

That ceased his disgusting laughter. He looked me up and down. "It's all right princess, I can share." He reached out to touch her arm. I narrowed my eyes and quickly stopped his hand, tightening my grip around his wrist. "I said leave her the fuck alone. Now get lost or I will snap your neck." I growled slowly as I stared the man down.

I roughly let go off his arm and he spat, clearly upset. He quickly ran off. It must have hurt his ego being threatened by a woman. I didn't give a fuck. I looked at Mariano's girlfriend. She gulped and looked down. She does remind me of what I used to be. Timid. Frightened. Innocent. I sighed. "Are you okay?"

She looked up at me and smiled briefly. "Thank you." She said. I almost didn't hear her as the room erupted in cheering. I smiled back at her. She's too nice, too soft. Mariano will ruin her.

I chuckled as I turned to face the match again. Time passed and Mariano didn't get hit once. Shit. "Bastardo! (Bastard!)" I yelled through cupped hands. Mariano turned to look at me and just as he did so, his opponent got a punch in. I opened my mouth wide in surprise. Oh shit. He's going to kill me.

After the match was over we drove back home. Mariano was grumpy all the way no matter how much I teased him. He's such an ass. "Come on, you needed it." I said as we walked inside his house.

"I can't believe you did that." He groaned. His girlfriend switched on the lights and found a bag of frozen peas for him to hold against his jaw. I smirked. What could he expect from me.

It was now midnight and I was incredibly tired but I could not fucking sleep. I tossed and turned, feeling hot and bothered. The smell of the arena was on my skin. I could smell it. The dirty sourness, the smoke. I stared up at the ceiling for what seemed like hours and when I couldn't take it anymore I took a shower. I scrubbed at my skin, trying to clean my body. I wish Ace was here. He smelt nice. After a good hour of mainly just sitting under the warm stream of water, I pulled on a T-shirt and clean underwear. I stole Ace's T-shirt. I bet he knew but he never asked. Going back into the bedroom I felt suffocated. The clock kept ticking by and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. My heart was racing, my throat dry and sweat soon covered my back.

I made my way downstairs quietly. The stairs creaked in places as I walked barefoot. Reaching the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of water. The tap was still running and so did my tears. I sobbed quietly. My guards were posted outside the house, I was thankful for that. My lips quivered as I tried to choke back my sobs but they kept coming. Breathe breathe. In through your nose and out through your mouth. 

"Alessia?" Alena called out from behind me. I sniffled and tried to wipe my tears away with my fingers. I breathed in ragged breaths. I turned the tap off when I noticed it was left running. I swallowed a heavy gulp when I heard her walking over to me. "Are you okay?" She asked. I turned to face her. I couldn't see her exactly in the dark but I could see the concern her face held. Why would she even care? I've been nothing but a bitch to her.

I looked to the floor at a loss for words, with tears still brimming my eyes. She came closer and to my surprise she reached out and hugged me. I stiffened up but I didn't push her back. "Whatever it is, you are so strong." She whispered. In that moment I didn't care why I hated her. I hugged her back and let my tears fall, my body shuddering when I would take sharp breaths in. I feared I may have soaked her T-shirt. I pulled away from her and sank to the tiled floor. I let my head rest against the kitchen cabinets. She followed suit but sat opposite me. The moonlight shone brightly in her eyes. I must look like a right fucking mess.

I sobbed quietly until my tears dried up. Until I felt better. I fidgeted with my hands. I looked across at Alena. All the hate I had for her seemed to have vanished. I was too tired to hate her. And now, when I needed someone she was here. "I'm pregnant." I barely whispered. I only found out two days ago. My heart leaped for joy when I saw the two pink lines on the test but then the reality sank in. We were still young and I wasn't ready. I wanted more time. That sounded selfish because I knew Ace would be overjoyed. I was also scared, what if my body couldn't cope with the pregnancy, what if I died like my mother did and I couldn't bear the thought of leaving Ace alone.

I heard Alena gasp, placing her small hands to her mouth. "Congratulations. That's amazing news. Have you told Ace?" She smiled warmly. It made me feel better.

"No." I said as I fidgeted with my nails now. I looked up at her. "I'm shitting myself. What if he doesn't want it? I don't know how to look after a baby. What if I do it all wrong?" My voice wavered as I spoke. He would want it, he would. I was just scared.

She reached out a hand and placed it on mine, stopping me from fidgeting. "Alessia, a baby is a blessing. You'll be amazing. And I've seen the way Ace looks at you, as if you are the only one he sees. He will be so happy."

I gulped and breathed out a slow breath. My eyes felt heavy, tired. I smiled softly imagining Ace finding out. Imagining him playing with our son or daughter. "I think I'm just being stupid. I just feel like crying all the time. Fuck, I've cried so much it irritates me." I licked my dry lips.

She chuckled. "It's normal. Don't worry." But I was worried. Ever since I found out, I've been petrified. What kind of a mother would I even be? I never had a mother and I was raised with a firm hand. I just couldn't get my head around it. Everything was perfect just the way it was. But maybe a baby would be a new chapter. Maybe he or she would bring me joy like no other.

"Thank you Alena." I said as I smiled at her. Her words comforted me. She smiled and nodded. I wanted to pour my heart out but I didn't like her that much still. Maybe I'd tell KC.

Suddenly, the lights were turned on, blinding me. So harsh. Feet pattered against the tiles and Mariano stood before us, looking between us both on the floor. I think he must have thought I took Alena out to slaughter her.

I couldn't help but chuckle upon seeing him. "What's going on?" He asked. "Put some clothes on you fucking ass." I chuckled avoiding looking at him. He only had a pair of boxers on and his goods were far too prominent. He smirked. "It's my house."

Alena cleared her throat. "It's our house I mean." Mariano corrected. I sighed, feeling slightly better. I think I could go to sleep now. "Cosa c'è di sbagliato sorella? (What's wrong sister?)" He asked when he noticed my tear stained cheeks. My eyes were probably puffy and my nose red.

I stood up slowly with Alena following suit. Might as well tell him. I will tell Ace when I see him. "Nothing. In fact Alena has been giving me some words of wisdom." I blinked avoiding it. Fuck. I shook my nervousness away. Mariano looked confused. "I'm pregnant." I smiled gingerly. He opened his mouth and furrowed his brows deeply. The look on his face was weird. Fuck. "Is it his?" He asked. What the fuck? Did this man really say that? Now it was my time to be confused. "Are you calling me a fucking whore? Fucking dick. Of course it is his." I scowled at him.

He chuckled nervously and held his hands up in defence. "Fuck no. I mean uh..congratulations?" He mumbled, his eyes still blinking, still trying to process it. What was there to process? I looked at Alena. "Men are just a whole different species sometimes." I mumbled. She chuckled as she put an arm around Mariano's waist meanwhile I tried to not look below his waist.

Mariano smiled, not a grin but a genuine smile. "You'll be a wonderful mother Alessia. I know you didn't have one and your father was a piece of shit. But you'll be fine. We will be here for you and Ace. I'll admit I didn't like him at first but he's decent. He'll look after you and your baby. And if he doesn't, I'll kill him." He spoke, every word being what I needed to hear minus the part where he threatened my cretin.

I bit my lip as I tried to stop myself from crying once more. I looked at Alena. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you. You didn't deserve it. You've shown me kindness even when I swore at you. I shouldn't have called you a bitch. You are just..too good. I hope you can forgive me."

She smiled and hugged me once more. And fuck I needed it. She was shorter than me so I was bending a little but I wouldn't dare hug Mariano right now. Not when he was practically naked. Alena said there was nothing to forgive but I insisted and she did eventually forgive me. I know I do a lot of bad shit but I wanted to be better. I wanted to learn to love more, to be kinder.

We all eventually headed back to sleep. I still couldn't sleep. My mind was running wild. I checked my phone for the tenth time and sighed when I didn't see the cretins name on the screen.

Maybe I could do it. I had my mafia, I had power and I had him. Maybe that was all I ever needed. Plus a tiara. A baby surely couldn't hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OKAY OKAY so this chapter made me cry.
It just gave me feels. I'm just so happy.

My Alessia, my fucking queen is pregnant! AHHHHHH

So you know how many stories seem to end when the main character is pregnant and they fast forward it. Yeah I won't do that shit. I have a few more things planned and we will see Alessia's journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 152K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
44.6K 730 61
š“š‘šˆš†š†š„š‘ š–š€š‘ššˆšš†: šƒš€š‘šŠ š‘šŽšŒš€šš‚š„, šƒš‘š”š†š’, š€š‹š‚šŽš‡šŽš‹, š–š„š€ššŽšš’ šŒš„šš“šˆšŽšš’, š•šˆšŽš‹š„šš‚š„ ...
4.3K 162 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...