"A Smile That Changed His Lif...

By caree_96

"Can a Man be complete for a Woman? Can he vanish away her pain?" . . Let's Find out!! -Self ... More

"PROLOGUE"
FINDING A JOB
FIRST DAY OF JOB
Work load and meeting new people.
Coffee/Date and Confessions Part-1
Confessions part-2
Hard to Get Types.
Love life is like a Storm.
A Walk Down a Slippery Road.
Drunk Cally and a Good Night
"The Next day"
"Trouble"
"When Brother comes Calling"
Meeting my brother and a surprise.
Angry Cally
I NEED TO KNOW
"HER PAST"
Her Past Part-II( Hospital and Moving Forward)
2 YEARS AGO
"THE VILLAIN"
PARADISE DREAMS
The Awakening
"Panicked Morning"
Clash of Brothers.
" Androphobic Love"
"Anger and Gunshots"
"Moving One Step Forward "
"New Couple"
"Happiness"
"Stunning"
"Are you shitting me!!"
"LOVE"
"Feeling Weird"
"Betrayal"
"Second chance"
"Stranger Danger "
"KIDNAPPED"
"HELP ME"
"BLACKMAILING"
"MY ANGEL"
"MY ANGEL PART-II"
"Life or Death"
"Mine Forever"
"Unforgettable Wedding"
"TILL THE DAY I DIE"
"Le Epilogue"
"AUTHOR'S NOTE"

"24 Hours"

537 29 17
By caree_96

After Marie left, Damien pulled me into his arms again.

" Damien" Stop it please.

He did not listen, he continued to place butterfly kisses all over my neck and bit me playfully giving me hickeys.

Unattentionally I moaned, tilting my head giving him  more access to my neck.

By then I did not realise my eyes had  closed on their own enjoying the feel of his lips on my neck. My mind had gone totally blank lost in the feel.

Lost in our own world, I did not even hear my phone ringing. I tried to push Damien away and attend to the call, but he pulled me back and told me to ignore it.

I listened to him and after 5 minutes of ringing the phone stopped.

Now where were we? Damien asked me in a seductive voice and tried to pull me more closer to him but before anything could happen, the phone started ringing again.

This time I pushed Damien away from me and said" Damien Stop" and before he could catch me, I  ran off quickly from his arms to attend the call.

" Hello" whose this?, I asked

I heard someone wailing and crying on the phone. At first I got scared hearing the woman's cries and did not know what to do.

I said again,who is speaking and why are you crying?

By now I did not care if it looked like I was shouting on the phone because the woman's cries really shook me and it looked like I knew that voice.

Hearing my shouts, Damien came near me and held my shoulder with one hand and asked who is it?

" I don't know , I said"

Then when I was about to cut the call, the woman spoke " Cally"

Recognising the voice immediately I asked in a feeble voice " Marie?"

" What is happening why are you crying?"

"Where are you Marie you are scaring me"

Marie then said, I am in St.Clair hospital. Hearing the term hospital I turned stone white.

"What happened why are you in a hospital" ?

By now I was full blown frightened. And I knew  Damien was listening carefully.

Marie told me that John and his partner  had been in an accident and he was  in a serious condition.

Hearing this the phone fell from my hands and I broke down on the floor .

" Why God Why? "

" Why are you doing this to me... first my parents now John?"

" Please don't do this Please" I begged noone in particular.

Understanding quickly, Damien bent down and hugged me tightly. I did not realise he had tears in his eyes too.

"You are not alone Cal, I am there for you every step of the way"

I hugged Damien tighter and rocked in his arms crying. It did not matter if I looked like a mad woman now. All that mattered to me was taking care of my bestfriend and praying John was ok.

So I wiped my tears and told Damien to take me to the hospital immediately.

Before I could stand Damien lifted me up in his arms and told me I was in no condition to walk and took me out of the house.

When we reached outside,Damien put me down on the floor and locked the door. He then took my hand and took me to his car driving really fast.

The drive from our home to the hospital was   20 minutes away. Those 20 minutes were the heaviest moments of my life.

Damien could sense my pain so he drove as fast as could keeping my hand in his one hand the  whole drive, sqeezing occassionally when he thought I was going to break down.

On reaching the hospital, Damien parked his car and before he could say anything I rushed out and ran towards the reception area.

Nurse can u please tell me I'm which room number  is John? The nurse gave me a weird look and told me she had to check.

I was getting frustated now because she was taking a lot of time. I banged my fist on her table and demanded her to tell me where he was otherwise she would be in deep trouble.

The nurse laughed at my face and told me I could do nothing. And arrogantly told me that John was in ICU on the forth floor while his partner was still in Emergency ward.

Without saying a word just as I was about to go, Damien held my hand and told me to hold on.

I gave Damien a confused look on why he stopped me from leaving. But rather than answering to me he took me to the counter where the nurse was present who spoke rudely to me and said" she night not be able to do anything to you but if I hear you disrespecting anyone else I will make sure you get job nowhere else in this country. I am Damien Knight remember that.

Hearing those words, the  face of the nurse became blank and she became scared.

Damien put his arms around my shoulders and turned around to leave not before smiling at me and giving me a small sweet peak on the lips.

Hearing him say those words put a smile on my face and I sometimes wondered how could I be so lucky to find a person like Damien who despite all odds decided to stick by my side no matter what.

I did not realise I was staring at Damien,when all of a sudden he turned towards me and asked" What?"

I just shook my head smilingly and said nothing. Then I put my head on Damien's shoulders and we walked to the elevators and clicked the forth floor.

On reaching the floor, I saw Marie with a swollen face probably from crying so much and I ran towards her and engulfed her in a big hug. Then I started crying along with her trying to calm her down.

She told me that they were still in the theatre and the doctors have not come out yet.

I told her nothing would happen to them and decided to pray along with her. While I was praying both Damien and Marie were pacing in the corridors waiting fir the doctor to come out.

Soon it was going to be 2 hours and doctors had still to come out and it was going to be close to midnight now.

I was becoming sleepy but did not want to sleep incase I missed something so I asked Damien to get us some coffee.

Damien said alright and kissed my head and left to get coffee. Meanwhile I made Marie sit on the bench alongside me and took her hands in mine and told her to calm down everything would be alright.

Marie was not convinced but tried to calm down for my sake. She was getting drowsy too and just as she was about to keel her head on the bench to close her eyes,the doors opened and doctor came out.

The doctor asked for John  family, that's when we rushed towards him and told him we were his family.

The doctors told us that he had a good news and a bad news which one did we prefer first. Marie held my hands tightly and asked me what should we do.  I told him we would like to hear the bad news first.

The Doctor said Alright and just as he was about to tell us the news Damien returned and seeing us with the doctor, he immediately kept the coffees on the bench and rushed by my side and held my hands tightly.

The doctor gave him a confused look, but I told him it's ok doctor he is with me. The doctor shook his head and told us that John had suffered quite a blood loss and he might not be able to walk properly due to the damage that happened in his nerves and tissues of the legs. He also told us that the guy who came with John is in comatose and they don't know when he would wake up.

Hearing the news Marie started wailing loudly and ran out of the corridor.

I decide to go after Marie not before asking about the good news. The good news was that John was out of danger and we could take him home in 2-3 days depending on how fast he recovers.

I thanked the doctors and told Damien that I was going to find Marie. Damien understood that I wanted to be alone with her so he told me that we would be on the bench waiting for them.

Then I ran outside the hospital to find Marie sitting on the bench and crying badly keeping both her hands on her face. Upon reaching her, I put my hand on her shoulders and Marie hugged me tightly. 

She asked me why this was happening to her and I could not answer her because behind my back in someway I was blaming myself and my bad luck that if John had not been coming to meet me this would not have happened. It made shiver run down my spine.

I never in my dreams could think about leaving Marie and Damien but I also knew that if I stayed with them my badluck woukd catch up and I could not afford to lose anyone else in my mind.

Hence, I made the decision that once John comes home I would leave this city and go back to my hometown.

Remembering about my hometown still have me shivers and my past to come in from my eyes but I knew I could not run forever and to keep my friends and family safe I had to take that decision.

Lost in my thoughts, I did not realise Marie calling me.

When she suddenly pinched my cheeks that's when I came to reality and she told me that we should go inside and see if her brother was awake.

I said Alright let's go and we went inside.

Just as we  reached the floor, we saw a commotion happening and when I asked Damien what was happening he told me that John had woken up and police officers were inside interrogating him about the whole matter.

On hearing this Marie got agitated and before I could stop her went inside the room.

"Uhh" I rubbed my face getting relieved , my  Headache had also started forming by now.

So I decided to rub my temples but before I could touch my face to massage my head Damien reached me and brought my hands down and told me to sit on tbe bench.

Once I sat down he began to massage my head and I had started talking sleepy.

"Hmm" you massage so well Damien. Just as he was about to reply the doors opened again and the police officers along with Marie came out.

I asked the police officers, did they find anything to which they said that "yes", John's accident was not an accident rather someone had tried deliberately  to kill them.

Hearing those words, I gasped and looked behind to see how Marie was reacting to the news but to my astonishment she was seeing nowhere in particular and had a blank face. It looked like she was deep in her thoughts.

I started crying again and asked them did  they come to know  who did it?

They replied by saying 'Not yet' and they are still  looking into it.

For now they told us that we all should be very careful and if anything suspicious happened to please let them know.

With that being said they left us alone.

I got lost again and lots of  thoughts started running in my head.

How do we deal with this situation and why was someone trying to kill John and his partner  and moreover most importantly how do we tell John that only person he loves the most was in coma?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone. I am back. Sorry for the long wait. But please do let me know what you think of this chapter. What do you think will happen next and who do you think wants to kill them. Moreover will Cally go away forever or will Damien be successful in making her stay. Lots of drama and love ahead. Stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment.
-------------------------------------------------------------
'Love'
caree_96

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 468K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
7M 183K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
41.5K 1.6K 62
"How ...cc...cca....ccan you !! I..I don't believe these bullshits. Parth ...Parth!!!,I know this this is....this is just a joke, but it's not funny...
95.9K 3.4K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...