Affection

By TVreunited

18+ Read at your own risk! More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Teaser
Book 2 Prologue
Milestone

Chapter 26

2K 45 1
By TVreunited

Sage POV

The noises just won't stop.

'Theia, your mom's a badass lawyer...'

'They asked about Thierry's broken nose...'

'They asked if I saw Kree and Thierry fighting...'

'How angry Kree looked on a scale of one to ten is what I was asked...'

'Do I think one of us was capable of murder...'

I'm sat on the bench outside the police station with my head in my hands, listening to everyone talk about what they were asked by the detectives. But the buzz in my head won't stop ringing because I can't get over my interrogation. Thank God Theia's mom was in there with me, because I don't know what I would have done.

*Flashback - two hours earlier*

'So Miss Carter, we couldn't get ahold of your mom and dad so Mrs. Park here will be your appropriate adult, is that okay?' Detective Dawson sits down.

They can't get ahold of them because I didn't give them the correct number. 'Thats fine.' I nod.

'So what can you tell me about your relationship with Thierry Harrison?' Dawson questions.

'We didn't have a relationship.' I reply.

'Oh? I was told you two were romantically involved.' He says

'Briefly.' I answer

'So you weren't friends?' Dawson asks.

'Not towards the end, no.' I reply.

'Okay. I heard he was harassing you.' Dawson says.

'Yeah... well I wouldn't say harassed. He just wanted to talk to me but I wasn't interested.'

'He said and I quote "she'll get tired of you and come back to me." I think he wanted to do more than just talk, don't you?'

'How do you know...' I stutter out.

'Let me ask you this: after your argument with Thierry, did you go see Thierry again that night?'

'What? No-'

'And did you argue some more?'

'I never saw him again after that night-'

'I think you argued and then he tried to convince you to get back with him but you weren't interested-'

'No, no, I'm telling you-''

'Your skin follicles were found under his nail bed'

The colour drains from my face. 'What?' I look over at Mrs. Park. 'That's not possible...'

'Are you charging her with something?' Because if not, we're leaving now. Come on Sage.' Mrs. Park cuts in.

I look up at Mrs. Park standing and look to where Detective Dawson is sitting. 'No, she's free to go. For now.'

I walk out thinking, what the hell just happened?

*End of flashback*

Angel's the last to walk out and he seems to ignore Kerrys but I don't think anything of it. I get up and walk towards Kree. 'Can we go?' He looks at me confused. 'Now please!'

'Yeah okay. Angel, are you okay to catch a ride with Kerrys?' Kree says to Angel.

'But I need to talk you about something.' Angel shuffles, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

'Ermm,' Kree looks between Angel and I. 'Can it wait?'

Before Angel replies, I cut in. 'You know what? It's fine. I'll just get a ride with Mrs. Park.' I walk off before Kree can stop me. Shutting the car door as I sit down, I glance up and catch Mrs. Park looking at me through the rearview mirror with a solemn smile.

***

Mrs. Park dropped me off at my house and I was hoping to go off to bed without anybody noticing but my mom and dad are in the kitchen making hot cocoa.

'Hey, sweetie, how was your night?' Mom asks.

'What?' I'm confused. Do they already know?

'The dance?' Dad questions.

'Oh.' That seems so long ago, it doesn't even feel like the same night. 'Yeah, that was good, all good.'

'Any drama?' Mom prods.

'Uh, nothing memorable. I'm going to go to bed, night.' I say walking towards the stairs.

'Night honey.' Mom sounds concerned but I don't stick around to see her face.

Flopping down onto my bed, I hear buzzing coming from my purse.

Kerrys:

Have you heard from Kree?

Sage:

No, just got in, why?

Kerrys:

Hmm they were acting both weird when you left

Kree was more concerned about you, asking if you were alright, but Angel kept persisting they go home

He didn't even kiss me goodbye

Sage:

Maybe he was just tired?

Bcoz I certainly am from all of the questions

Kerrys:

Hmm maybe. A just seemed a little agitated and on edge

But you're right, maybe he was just tired.

Sage:

Wait until tomorrow to see how he is then

Kerrys:

Will do. Thanks bitch, Night😘

Sage:

Night 😘

I don't even think about Kerrys' concerns, as I change into my oversized hoodie and collapse onto my bed.

***

I head on downstairs towards the smell of pancakes and see my parents dressed and ready for work.

'Don't use ever get a day off?' I ask, rubbing my eyes.

'Death never takes any days off.' Mom kisses my temple, grabbing a pancake.

'Mom, dad. I need to talk to use about something.'

Dad turns off the stove, pulls out a stool and sits down. 'This sounds ominous.'

'So, you know how I was being kind of vague last night when I came in?' They nod. 'Well I'd just come from the police station.' They look shocked. 'The police turned up at the dance and took us all in for questioning because they think that one us killed Thierry and Mrs. Lewandowska.'

'WHAT?!' They both shout, jumping out of their chairs.

'Oh and on top of that, apparently one of us is responsible for Bee's disappearance.'

'HUH?' Mom says.

At the same time, my dad says, 'How would you have found the time to do all this?'

'Exactly. I have school and I barely have time for that, so imagine leading a double life of crime.' I get out.

'What a minute. You're 17. Why didn't they call us from the station?' Dad asks.

'I may have given them your old phone number.' My dad's face changes. 'But it's okay, Mrs. Park was there for us all, being a lawyer and everything. But I promised her I'd tell use.' I rush out before they question why she didn't ring them.

'Honey...' Mom exhales, placing her hand on mine. 'We never really got a chance to talk about Thierry. How are you feeling?'

'I'm okay. Even though we ended things badly, he was still my friend you know. He didn't deserve to die. I'm still kind of processing it, but I've found staying busy helps.' I reply.

Dad's pager goes off and then Mom's does straight after. They both look at me regrettably. 'We have to go. Darling, are you going to be okay?' Dad asks.

'You kidding? I'm surrounded by all these pancakes. I'll be good.' I take a bite.

'Okay, call us if you need anything.' Mom says, as they both kiss my forehead and rush out. 'And tell your sister to get out of bed!'

Knowing Shay, she'll stay in bed all day if I don't go upstairs and at least try to wake her up. 'Shay, come down there's pancakes...' I open her door. 'OH MY GOD!' I slam the door back. Seeing your sister mid O is not a sight I ever need to see. Where's the bleach for my eyes?

***

After washing my eyes out repeatedly with soap in the shower, I've just finished getting ready at the same time the door bell rings. Knowing Shay is downstairs, I let her answer and get back to styling my hair.

Sage's hair

It isn't long before my bedroom door opens and all three of my girls come piling in, making themselves comfortable.

'So last night was crazy right?' Theia pops open a bag a cookies, sitting on my beanbag.

'Yeah. You know they actually accused me of killing Thierry?' I say to them.

'WHAT?!' They all gasp.

'I know right, like I have the time to kill him.' I sit down on my desk.

'Or the intelligence. No offence babe but you'd give yourself up after killing someone. You have honest eyes.' Kerrys says.

'What does that even mean?' Kayla stares at her twin.

'Hang on.' Kerrys holds her finger up, digging into her bag.

'Anyway...' Kayla rolls her eyes. 'They just asked me how well I knew him. Obviously I didn't say he's a little bitch but-'

'WHAT?!' Kerrys shrieks, standing up.

'What? What is it?' I ask.

''WE'RE DONE!' She holds up her phone, showing us the message she's just received.

'Is that from Angel?' Theia questions.

'WHO ELSE WOULD IT BE FROM!!!' Kerrys starts hyperventilating and Kayla moves to comfort her. Theia and I share a look and I see red.

'What the actual fuck!' I storm out my room, down the stairs and before I know it, I'm banging on Kree's door.

'Sage, hey are you alright? I was worried about you yesterday-' I barge past him and see Angel sat on the couch.

'ANGEL, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? WHY?' I scream at him.

He shrugs, sipping on a beer and my blood boils. 'We had fun but now it's over.'

'You had fun? YOU HAD FUN?!!!' Before I consider launching myself at him, Kree cuts in.

'Wait, what's going on?' Kree asks confused.

'I'll tell you what's going on. Your pathetic excuse of a brother just broke up with Kerrys for no reason. No explanation offered other than "WE'RE DONE!" over text. Who does that?'

Kree snaps his head to Angel, who offers no defence.

'Do you even care? She's over at my place, going out of her mind and all you can do is sit there.' I yell.

'That's enough. Sage I think you should leave.' I blink at his response

'What? I'm not going anywhere until he-'

'Now!' He says sternly. I jerk my head back at Kree's reaction.

From the look on Kree's face, I can tell there's more to this than meets the eye, but I turn and walk out.

Kree's POV

I watch Sage walk out, slamming the door and I instantly regret the way I spoke to her. Storming towards Angel, I wack the beer bottle out of his hand, not caring that it's sprayed everywhere. 'Explain!' He scoffs. ''I told you not to fuck shit up between her. I knew Sage would get involved and now I am, so explain. NOW!'

I'm not going to let him fuck things up between me and Sage not when I just got her back. I can't lose her not now, not when I love her.

Wait, love? Do I love her? I suppose I do-

'Like I said, we've had fun. She shouldn't have expected more from me.' He replies.

I know this isn't him talking because as gross as it sounds, he's been obsessed with Kerrys since the moment they met.

'Have you been taking your pills?' I question.

'What's that got to do with-'

'Have you? I repeat.

He shrugs. 'I don't need them all the time.'

'Well your actions right now suggest they do because rational thinking Angel wouldn't make this kind of decision on a whim.' I snap.

'They make me feel worse. Without them I feel like me - free.' He says.

'Being free is what got us into this mess in the first place, or have you forgotten that?' I spit out.

'You need to STOP telling me what to do! Stop controlling me!' He squares up to me.

'I wouldn't have to control you if you just acted like a normal human being. I've gone to all this effort to help you and you just throw it back in my face. I'm done!' I push him back and storm outside to cool down. As much as I say I'm done, he's my little brother and I'll always be there for him.

'FUCK!' I scream out. I'm pissed. Pissed at Angel for getting in between me and Sage. Pissed at Kerrys even though she hasn't done anything. But most of all, I'm pissed at Sage for making me fall in love with her. Because that has just made my life ten times fucking harder.

***

A/N: Did somebody say LOVE?😩🤩

See you Thursday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 1.4K 12
Season 4 is readayyy 🎉
3.1K 97 20
‼️WARNING‼️ This does contain inappropriate language, content, and much more. This is meant to be 18+!! So, if you're not 18 or more and still read t...
502 137 39
Is it so wrong to fall for someone with secrets and whom others don't approve of. Follow the life of two people fighting for a chance of love.
83 0 24
A teenage girl goes through a lot of difficult situations. She met a guy and fell in love with him even though she wasn't suppose to. Her decisions m...