Shred of Glass

By _akwaah_

| 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 | When two powerful figures collide, there is bound to be a disas... More

Shred Of Glass
Aesthetics & Playlist
1| Zane
2| Elvira
3| Zane
4| Elvira
5| Zane
6| Elvira
7| Zane
8 | Elvira
9 | Elvira
10 | Elvira
12 | Elvira
13 | Elvira
14 | Elvira
15 | Elvira
16 | Zane
17 | Elvira
18 | Elvira
19 | Elvira
20 | Elvira
21 | Elvira
22 | Elvira
23 | Elvira
24 | Elvira
25 | Elvira
26 | Elvira
27 | Elvira
28 | Elvira
29 | Zane
30 | Elvira
31 | Elvira
32 | Zane
33 | Elvira
34 | Zane
35 | Elvira
36 | Zane
37 | Elvira
38 | Elvira
39 | Arya
40 | Elvira
41 | Zane
42 | Zane
43 | Elvira
44 | Elvira
45 | Elvira
46 | Elvira
47 | Elvira
48 | Elvira
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

11 | Elvira

27K 1K 712
By _akwaah_

"You should have told me earlier about this," I groan into the phone. 

"I forgot to call you but it's coming any minute now. Don't worry, I sent someone to help you in case the measurements are wrong." I sigh but tell her not to worry.

"Alright, good luck. Hope to see you again." 

"Bye." I say and hang up straight after.

"Arya! My dress is coming in a few so you need to get yours out as well," 

"Alright," comes out her reply from the kitchen. 

How is she always in the kitchen eating?

"I'm getting in the shower, make sure you answer the door," without waiting for a reply, I walk in the bathroom.

"Thank you, I look amazing," I smile as I look in the mirror. She came not too long ago and like always, has transformed.

"You're welcome," the makeup artist says in a thick French accent.

"Arya! Are you done?" I call out from my room just as the bell rings. 

"Yeah, just about," I swing the door open to see a guy holding my dress. 

"For Ms Elvira Blake," I nod with a smile.

"That is me," he gives the bag to me and leaves with one last nod.

I quickly walk into my room just as the makeup artist is packing up and ready to help me in this dress.

"Let me help you miss," I don't protest because I know the dress is quite tight so it is harder to get into.

Once done, I walk towards my closet and get nude pumps out and wear them. 

"You look beautiful miss," I turn to her wide-eyed and smile.

"Thank you, Abrielle," her eyes twinkle with appreciation at the fact that I remembered her name.

"Elvira are you-" Arya stops mid-sentence once she enters the room and looks at me.

Her eyes sweep over my satin olive-green dress, my curled purple hair, to my face that has a dark smoky eye makeup.

"You look hot," I smirk and flip my hair.

"I know," she laughs in return. I look her over and see her wearing a red dress again.

"Red? Again?" I frown but she gives me a mischievous smile.

"You know since red looks really good on me. In case I find my future CEO of a husband, I need to look good in my best outfit and colour," 

"What-" I start laughing, throwing my head back at her reasoning. 

"You are something else Arya," I shake my head as we both start to walk out.

"I am that extra kind of special," I just grin at her.

Once we are outside, a white limousine awaits us. The driver opens the back door for us and we both get in, ready to go.

I am looking forward to what the place will look like. Fashion shows are a big thing in this rich world. The prices of the outfits shoot through the roof even if it's a piece of clothing you can find in low-end stores.

"No need to panic when you see the flashes and lights ok?" I nod at her as we get out of the car. 

As always, she gets out first and then waits till I do too. 

Once I get out, the first thing that catches my attention is the grand hotel. Nikolai truly knows how to make hotels look extra and expensive.

I walk down the small way made for us and let the paparazzi do their job. All while holding my breath and clutching my purse hard in my hand. Deep breaths and small talk from Arya is distracting me enough to reach till the end.

"You did great," Arya praises, all I do is hug her.

"Thank you for coming. You know this would have made me go crazy," she rubs my back as I whisper this to her.

"Always Elvira. Always." 

***

As soon as we enter through the doors, the place is buzzing with people. The massive reception area is filled with people, familiar faces walk by as we make our way to the back door where the runway will be.

Just as we are about to walk inside, I hear my name getting called out.

A smile spreads on my face.

"Hi," he smiles back at me.

"You made it," I nod letting him know I wouldn't miss it.

"Before I forget meet-" I am cut off by my name being screamed across the room.

"Kade. There is seriously no need to be so damn loud," I say as he pulls me in for a hug.

"But you look amazing so people needed to see who my best friend is," I shake my head but don't say anything.

"Look who it is," I turn to Nikolai to see him just in time roll his eyes at Kade.

"Excuse me." Kade puts a hand on his chest taking offense.

"Arya should we-" I stop myself as I find her talking to some ladies on the side.

"Arya!" I wave her over, she sighs but walks over.

"Yes?" Her eyes flicker from Kade to Nikolai who is on his phone.

Her eyes widen and whatever she was going to say, doesn't even make it past her lips.

"You!" She glares, Nikolai looks up to find Arya standing in front of him.

"Yes. Me." 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I go to stop her when Nikolai speaks again.

"I should be asking you this. What are you doing here, in my hotel?" 

I am met with an accusing glare from Arya but I put my hands up in surrender.

"Am I missing something here?" Kade whispers in my ear. 

"They met before. And in a not so good situation." Instead of asking for more information, he just nods.

"As you can see, everyone here is invited so that makes me invited as well," Nikolai's lips lift slightly.

"What do I know? You could have seduced the guards and made your way in," she gasps and shoves him, but him being strongly built, he doesn't move an inch making her huff.

"You are so damn annoying. Already frustrating me before the fucking thing even starts," she groans. Smirking, Nikolai moves closer to her and whispers.

"Want me to release the stress for you?" It was loud enough for both me and Kade to hear since we are standing so close.

I cough while Kade chokes. We glance at each other trying to hide our laughs when Kade takes hold of my hand and leads me away from both of them.

"Don't want to hear any more of that," I laugh out loud.

"So where are our seats?" Kade looks back at me and smirks.

"Front row." I roll my eyes.

"Not surprised."

"I made sure Nikolai got them for us so be grateful," I chuckle shaking my head.

I greet people as I walk past them. Putting on the smile and kind face everyone has expected me to show ever since I have been in the spotlight. We get to the seating area near the runaway. Kade takes me to my seat, on the left side of the runaway.

"Here. Arya is right beside you," I nod.

"I sit right in front of your other side. Over there," I look to see him pointing at the seat basically opposite mine.

"I-" I am cut off by my phone ringing. I pick it up to hear Arya asking where I am.

"I am at our seats with Kade. Why?" 

"Uhh.. Could you come here? I need you," I frown hearing her like this.

"Ok. Don't worry I am coming." I hang up and quickly tell Kade to follow me.

I run through the empty space with Kade behind me, with the hem of my dress raised, I move people out of the way and out the doors towards where we left Arya.

Once we are here, I am almost out of my breath.

"Where is she?" Kade asks as we glance around the hall. 

"There." I see her red dress near a massive golden detailed door. We both walk up to her huffing and puffing.

"What happened? Are you ok?" I ask as I take hold of her hand.

"Why did you run? I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you that some model is missing and they want me to model. I wanted to ask if it was ok to do so," 

"Aryaaa!!" Kade hisses out. She only bats her eyelashes at him innocently.

She always does this. Gives us a scare when she needs us to be there fast enough.

"I hate you for this. Of course you should go ahead, I won't stop you," She nods and walks in the room just like that.

"She is going to be the death of both of us," I don't say anything in return as we make our way back to our seats.

After a few minutes of silence, Kade asks an anticipated question.

"Elvira?" I hum in return.

"Is...Is Hazel here?" My heart breaks. 

It breaks for him. He doesn't deserve to be like this. I don't understand what went wrong but this shouldn't have happened. I feel helpless as I see him scan the room. Looking for her.

"Kade....she didn't..." I look away avoiding to look into his heartbroken eyes.

"I talked to her but she...not after the event last week," I swallow the lump in my throat.

What can I do to mend your heart, Kade? I can't see you like this.

"Oh," is his only reply.

You both didn't deserve this.

***

We are seated in our seats just as the lights dim making the runway light up with the lights under the floor. People are quickly scrambling to their seats to make it in time for the show to start.

I spot Kade in his red suit across from me and when his eyes catch mine, I smile. The music begins so my eyes flicker to the front of the runaway.

Multiple stunning models start to walk in stunning dresses, some very abstract but some very beautiful. Arya didn't walk in out yet but I am still trying to focus on the models rather than be fascinated by the floor as the lights swipe across it.

I know, pretty childish but watching them is somehow more interesting than the actual show.

Just as I lift my eyes, I catch very familiar ones. 

What is he doing here? 

Never mind because that was a stupid question.

I look away instantly. I don't want to make him think anything of this. It was just a second-long eye contact.

Few minutes later, my eyes lookout again to him. 

Just as I look at him, I see him already looking at me.

What is with you Zane? What are you doing to me, without doing anything?

Instead of looking away, I face his stare head-on. I keep looking at him despite the models walking in between us. His eyes don't falter neither do mine.

Slowly, his lips quirk up. I don't let him see just how much his stare is making me feel things. Instead, I lift a leg up and put it on my other one, the split in my dress falls on my thigh exposing my leg. Since I still have my eyes on him, I see them flicker down to my legs before they glance back up. 

This time, it's my turn to smirk.

And that is when I catch Arya walking down the runway in a black suit jacket with buttons closing the dress from the front. Knee-high boots with her hair parted in the middle and pinned back. 

She looks stunning. 

As she walks past me, she catches my eyes and gives me a small smile but still keeping her face straight. 

That is my talented best friend. 

I snap a picture of her but just to my right, I catch another flash go off. I look to see Nikolai smirking while holding his phone out too. 

My eyes flicker back to someone, to see them talking to Kade. Just when he finishes talking to him, the first thing his eyes look at is me. 

I want this feeling to stop. I don't want this feeling to erupt into anything else. 

I have got to stop. 

***

"I'm going to get drinks because the two hours I have been sitting, they did not hand out anything," I grumble under my breath as I walk away from Kade and Arya. 

"Get me something as well," Kade calls out.

I walk to the backside of the afterparty hall. We decided that we are all going to eat at a restaurant due to the small amount of food they give. It's like they think we are all on a diet, how am I supposed to manage with just one slice of cake? Or one piece of chicken? How stingy of them honestly.

I reach the table where they have put a variety of drinks. I stand in front of the multiple-colored drinks as I ponder over what to get for who. 

I reach forward to pick up a red glass when a hand brushes against my bare arm and reaches for that exact same glass, and drink. Huffing, I turn around to tell the person off about personal space when my breathing gets caught in my throat.

"There is a thing called personal space," I say but instead of him moving away, he stops with his face right in front of mine.

"Zane, I said move," he clicks his tongue and comes around to stand right in front of me. 

"Elvira Blake." My heart skips a beat when I hear my name. He has never said my name so it feels weird hearing it come out of his mouth. 

"You watch out when you are talking to me because you're talking to me in ways you shouldn't be,"

I cross my arms and it brings his attention to my chest. I snap my fingers to indicate to look me in the eyes.

"How so Mr. Roman?" I smirk knowing well what he is on about.

"You should be respectful," I nod my head and put a finger up.

"You shouldn't dare to challenge anything I do," I bring another finger up continuing to count.

"You should never look me in the eyes," I bring a third finger up with another nod. 

Instead of continuing with his lecture, he takes hold of my hand that I was counting with and yanks me towards him making me collide with his chest. 

"And not to mock me," he grits out but all I find this situation is amusing.

"But maybe you should know this by now, that I don't follow silly rules set by you or anyone," 

"Because let's face it, who has time to be a puppet for someone," I tilt my head which I find hard to do since he is so close, still holding me.

"Watch it," he says, anger starting to rise within him.

"Oh, but I am," I say with a smile as my eyes flicker all over his face. His dark and sharp features. 

"Violet," he says as he swallows.

He brings his face close to my ear and whispers.

"I won't hold myself back next time if you look at me like that," I stop breathing.

"Good evening," he says one last time before placing a kiss right in the crook of my neck and walking away leaving me frustrated.

I breathe out finally.

Hey!
Late update, I know I was just busy with college and exams.
But they are over now and hopefully I can catch up on writing and give y'all more updates.

How did you like this chapter?

Vote•Comment

Next update possibly on Thursday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
3.7M 125K 51
#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23.12.2019 #1 in Hurt - 26.12.2019 #5 in Fu...
4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
634K 33.3K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...