Her (Harry Potter x Reader)

By acciobambi

Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy... More

Authors Note
Welcome to Hogwarts
Hi Im y/n l/n
Tea Leaves and Girl Talk
Effortlessly
The Kiss
Do I?
The Fat Lady
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
He was their friend
Christmas at The Burrow
The Marauders Map and its lies
Buckbeak
The Truth Comes Out
Turning Back the Clock
Daddy Dearest
Qudditch World Cup
The Triwizard Tournament
Game on
A Day of Love
Champion Selection
A Face in the Fire
Harry and Ron
Ferret Boy
First Task
What Could've Been
Yule Ball
An Underlying Message
Second Task
Barty Crouch Jr.
Third Task
He's Back
About Bloody Time
The Order
Harry's Hearing
A Rocky Start
Umbridge
By Blood
The Deadly Pink Takeover
Dumbledore's Army
Occulemency
Christmas at Grimmauld Place
Reading The Clouds
Caught
Firsts
Into The Ministry We Go
The Department of Mysteries
Sirius
It's Time
Price to Pay
A Bittersweet Reunion
Draco and Mummy
Here We Go Again
Amortentia
Tom Marvalo Riddle
Qudditch Tryouts
Dinner Parties and Eye-Shagging
A Miniute Alone
Unbreakable Vows
Calm Before The Storm
The End of The Burrow
A Poisonous Celebration
Sectumsempra
Liquid Luck
New Wands and Horcruxes
Dumbledore
7 Potters
Before it's too Late
Nightmare Releif
Chaos at the Ministry
Game Night
Dark Magic and it's Effects
No Turning Back
Firewhiskey in France
17
Godric's Hollow
Ron's Return
Xenophelius Lovegood
Muffilato
Snatched
Escaping Malfoy Manor
Dobby
Questions and Unwanted Answers
The Wonders of Polyjuice Potion
Gringotts
Back to Hogwarts
The Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower
The Room of Requirment
Memories
The Boy Who Lived
It All Ends
Her
Epilouge
BONUS - ALTERNATE ENDING

Finding Dates

52.3K 1.5K 4.9K
By acciobambi

"Its best for them."

y/n pov

I didn't go to any classes the next day. I just sat in the Astronomy Tower, looking out at the school grounds.

My father got what he wanted. His perfect pureblood daughter only hanging out with other perfect purebloods.

As great as Melody, Draco, and Cedric have been, I need Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

I need Harry.

I feel awful for what I did yesterday. If I had just read the letter later and said no to Cedric things would be so different right now. Not that I'm not exited to go with Cedric, it just feels wrong.

I do like him and all but it feels like I'm leading him on. I know that no matter how amazing Cedric is, its always going to be Harry.

I would ignore my father like I normally do but he said there would be consequences. He'd never hurt me, deep down he does love me and somewhere in my heart I probably love him too.

Its the others I'm worried about him hurting. I don't know how far he'd go but I'm not sure I want too.

I sighed and layed down, looking up at the grey sky.

I haven't spoken to anyone since Harry last night. I left a letter explaining it to Hermione this morning. I didn't want to see her reaction. Knowing Hermione Granger, she'd look for every possible way around it and object until I have to hex her mouth shut.

I also sent a letter to Draco and Melody explaining everything that happened.

I sat up when I heard the large door creak open. It was Draco. I knew he'd come visit me and I knew he'd know just where to find me.

He sat next to me.

"You don't have to skip class for me." I said not looking away from the sky.

"I didn't want to go anyway. Are you ok?"

"I will be." He probably heard the uncertainty in my voice. Hogwarts is my escape, my home. It won't be the same without the people who first made it my home.

"I know what you think you're doing is best for them, but its not. Its not best for you either. You all need each other."

"Draco Malfoy being sincere. What ever did I do to deserve such a rare version of you?" I said sarcastically.

"I'm serious."

I thought for a moment. "Its best for them."

"No its not. You should have seen them at breakfast this morning. They looked like they had just come from a funeral. Granger barely spoke, Weaselbee didn't look all to eager to eat, and I don't think Potter did."

"Better than the alternative."

"I don't think so."

I turned to look at him with a confused expression. "You don't actually know your father would do anything. Its all a big if."

"What if he really does do something? What if he makes me transfer or hurts them?"

"If. He didn't even find out you were friends with all of them until Skeeter took that picture. She'll be gone after the tournament. Just stear clear of her until then shouldn't you be fine?"

He was partly right. I didn't even think about that. It gave me a little hope this could work but only a little so I stayed quiet and looked down.

"I just need some time to think." I said after a while.

"I understand."

"Thank you." I muttered.

"What was that? A thank you? A real one?" He asked in fake shock.

I laughed for the first time since yesterday and shoved him lightly "You're an idiot."

"No, no. You don't thank idiots and I have been thanked."

~

harry pov

It was the first day without y/n in our lives. To be honest it was miserable. She was the bright presence our friend group needed, that I needed.

I tried to get Ron and Hermione to help me convince her she was being iratinoal but they said its what she wants and that bullshit.

This whole thing is just bullshit and I can't beleive no one else is mad about it. I'm not going to force her to go against her father's wishes but I wished she would.

I'm supposed to be studying with Ron and Hermione but I can't get my mind off this whole thing. Ron clearly had no trouble forgetting about it because all he is talking about is asking Melody to the Yule Ball.

"Should I just ask or should I do something spe-" He was cut off by Snape who wacked him over the head with a newspaper.

"Oi, who are you gonna ask?" He whispered. I looked up at where y/n would've been sitting.

"Uh. I'm not sure." I answered quickly, trying to get him to drop the subject.

Ron must have taken my hint because he gave me a sympathetic look before turning back to his book.

A few moments later Fred threw a peice of paper at him. Ron sent him a glare and opened up the crumpled up note.

"Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone."

The note said. "Who you going with then?" Ron whisper shouted across the table. Fred smirked and crumpled up another peice of paper.

This time he threw it at Angelina Johnson. She looked up with an annoyed expression. Fred pointed at her, then at himself, then did a waltzing pose.

Angelia got the message and nodded with a smile.

Fred turned back to Ron and winked. Ron rolled his eyes and looked at me then turned to Hermione.

"Oi, Hermione. You're a girl."

"Oh, well spotted." She sarcastically responded.

Ron did the same dancing motion Fred had done moments ago and said "Maybe you can go with Harry or me, if Melody says no."

Snape came by again and hit Ron and I on the head. I didn't even do anything.

"Come on." Ron continued "Its one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, its just sad."

Hermione looked offended at his words "I won't be going alone because, beleive it or not, someones asked me!" She whisper shouted angrily.

She got up and gathered her things in a huff. "And I said yes." She finished before walking out of the great hall.

Ron looked kind of saddened by her words.

"Bloody hell." He muttered. "Shes lying, right?"

"If you say so."

"Look, we've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have dates agreed?"

"Agreed."

Snape hit us both over the head again. Ron and I shared an annoyed glance before turning back to our work.

~

I wasn't really sure who I was going to ask. The only girl whos been on my mind lately is y/n. But I promised Ron, so I'll just have to find someone.

I walked up the icy stairs to the owlery to see if Sirius had owled me. Its been a while since we last spoke, and I want to make sure hes ok.

I turned the corner and bumped into a fifth year Ravenclaw. Cho Chang. I'd had a bit of a crush on her in first year when she helped me find a book in the library.

I had gotton over it by the next week because we had only spoken once and I was 11.

"Oh, sorry Harry." She apologized.

"No, I'm sorry. Should have been watching where I was going." I laughed lightly to ease the tension.

"Watch your self up there. Its a bit icy at the top." She said before starting to head down the steps.

"Okay, thanks." I said with a smile. Then I got a brilliant idea.

"Cho?"

"Yes?" She said as she turned back around.

"Um, well I was just wondering if you had a date to the Yule Ball yet?" I asked nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh um, no not yet." Her cheeks turned a slight shade of red, as did mine.

"Do you want to maybe go with me?" I stuttered.

Her expression brightened. "I'd love too."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Brilliant! Ok, so I'll see you there?"

She nodded with a smile and waved before heading back down the steps.

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. I'm just releived I had a date. The hard part is over.

~

I waited about an half hour in the owlery for Sirius, but nothing.

I laid on the common room couch, examining the egg I had gotton in the first task. I still wasn't completely sure what it meant or what to really do with it yet, so I was looking around the outside for a possible clue.

Ginny burst into the common room with a shaky Ron. "Ron honestly, I don't know why you're so shocked by this."

"Whats happened to you?" I asked Ron as I sat up.

"He just asked Melody to the Yule Ball." Ginny answered while sitting him down in a chair. "Or he didn't really ask her. He kind of screamed it at her. It was quite frightning honestly."

"There she was walking along. You know how I like it when they walk." His shaky voice said slowly. "I couldn't help it...just sort of slipped out."

"Did she say yes?" I asked him.

"Surprisingly."

"Did she really?" I asked in shock. I knew Melody would say yes to Ron, I didn't know Melody would say yes even if he screamed it at her.

He nodded with a now forming smile.

"Hes still in shock. As you probably know my brother has no game." Ginny said.

Ron sent her a glare but didn't say anything because he knows its true.

"Did you find someone?" He asked me.

"Yeah, Cho Chang."

His expression lit up. "From first year?" I nodded.

"Well there you go Harry! We did it!" I laughed at Rons excitement for what seems now like such a silly thing to be so stressed about.

-------------------------

(1770 Words - Published November 22, 2020)

I'm not making Ron and Harry go with the Patil twins because they deserve better. Plus since Cedrics going with y/n, why not let Harry go with Cho?

Also you may have noticed that I haven't once reffered to Ron, Hermione, and Harry as the golden trio.

The golden trio is completely fan made and I didn't want to make it sound like y/n and the trio. I want it to be y/n, Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 384 35
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Three ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ He's back and only she can predict his ne...
684K 16.4K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...
1M 33.4K 152
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 Eleanor Lupin hates her life. This isn't an overstatement. She's barely allowed to do...
38.6K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...