Unstable Loyalties

By Lightningstar22

🗲"She is fierce and unpredictable - just like lightning, and within, she is just like a storm about to break... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Descriptions
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
1.2k!!!!
Teaser! :))

Chapter 41

69 2 3
By Lightningstar22

Lightning sighed. Today, there was going to be a banquet. It was the day that Azur Lane was founded and they would hold a banquet every year. Well, with the threat of the battle looming, this was a good way to wind down a bit. (For all the shipgirls, they are wearing the clothes in their banquet skins) Lightning had already picked out her outfit. A gold dress with orange heels. She was wearing her star-shaped pendant and moonstone bracelet, as per normal. She slowly headed to the main hall, where most of the shipgirls already were, eating and talking. Scanning the crowd, she recognised Yamato and Musashi, immediately heading over to them. 

"Some party, huh?" Lightning smiled slightly, still wearing her mask. The scar had faded, but it was still there. It was just a week, after all. Lightning and Musashi had gotten to know each other well, becoming  good friends, the three of them usually watching the sakura together. Sakura season had started about three days ago. Lightning admired Musashi's quick thinking. She resembled her sister in more ways than one. For example, her bravery, wisdom and sense of calm. However, she was quieter, enjoying serenity more than her sister. 

"Where's Tirpitz?" Lightning asked. They all exchanged a look of slight worry. The German battleship was troubled, having to deal with Bismarck being in a coma as well as manage the whole of Iron Blood. 

"She's... there," Musashi whispered, pointing at where the leaders of the main factions were. They were talking amongst them but Tirpitz looked somewhat distracted, glancing toward the direction of the medical bay ever  so often. Lightning sighed, feeling even guiltier. 

"It's not your fault, Lightning," Yamato spoke, placing a hand on Lightning's shoulder. The carrier just shook her head, lowering her gaze. 

They walked out to one of the balconies. 

"The moon is full tonight and the stars are pretty, as per normal," Lightning spoke, her long hair flowing in the wind. Fortunately, if she let her hair down, it hid the scar on her forehead. Yamato just nodded in agreement. 

Next to her, Musashi sighed, "It's as though there is never-ending conflict. It's just so... why can't every one resolve conflicts and differences?" 

"You know that is not meant to be, sister. the Sirens long for power and warfare, so we have to continue keeping them at bay, whether we like it or not," Yamato murmured. 

Lightning just exhaled softly, "This conflict is tiring. Fighting can never solve everything, it's what we learnt from WWII. Yet, humanity always needs us to fight, whether we want to or not. We just never seem to have a choice, do we?" 

"Indeed," Yamato affirmed, looking back at the moon. 

"I mean...  although we died like... 70 plus years ago, when we were ships. And then, the Sirens came, humans restricted us and here we are today. The same story. Fighting another war, shedding unnecessary blood," Musashi finished. Lightning just bowed her head. 

"Unneeded deaths," she muttered, tears welling in her eyes as she thought of Yorktown and Bismarck.

The next day...

"Anything?" Lightning questioned. She was in the Med Bay and Tirpitz was about to leave. The German just shook her head and Lightning's eyes darkened, that storm of regret raging in her. Sighing softly, Tirpitz nodded at Lightning before leaving. Lightning sat down on Bismarck's bed, looking at the battleship. A few tears slipped down her face as she held the German's hand tight. 

"Bismarck... I miss having you stargazing with me and training with me. You are always here, overcoming all the challenges you face. Can you please overcome this too? I need you to," Lightning murmured, casting another look at Bismarck, staying there for a few minutes before she got up and left. 

She walked back to her room, grabbing her bow and her katana. She fastened the katana on her waist before heading to the training room, where Yamato, Musashi, Essex and Bunker Hill were training. Raising her bow, she shot a few arrows, hitting the targets perfectly one by one. 

"Want to duel?" Yamato asked and Lightning nodded. 

They both unsheathed their katana's and Musashi announced, "Begin." They lunged at each other, the katana's clashing. Lightning ducked to the side, watching as the katana hit the ground beside her. Getting to her feet, Lightning aimed a kick toward Yamato, who narrowly avoided it. Lightning feinted to the side, slashing as Yamato's feet. The battleship jumped and Lightning immediately took the opportunity, kicking Yamato to the ground. 

"Nice... one," Yamato muttered as she got up with the help of Lightning. The carrier just grinned, sheathing her katana. 

"Want a rematch?" Lightning asked. Yamato just nodded. Again, they slashed at each other, the blades gleaming in the light. Lightning's gaze flicked from left to right as she calculated her next move, leaping to the side and avoiding a hit. However, Yamato pressed on with her attack, forcing Lightning to block blow after blow. Pushing Yamato's katana backwards as hard as she could, she caused the battleship to stumble. Lightning sliced the katana left and right, sweat running down of her forehead. Yamato twirled her katana, twisting out of the way before hitting Lightning, sending her falling onto the ground with a thud. Lightning groaned as she got back up. 

"I guess we are even now, huh?" Yamato smirked, helping Lightning up. 

"I guess we are," Lightning smiled. 

"Shall we do a two on two?" Essex suggested. "Me and you versus Yamato and Musashi." 

"Sure!" Lightning replied. 

"I'll judge then," Bunker Hill spoke. The shipgirls got ready and began once Bunker Hill told them to. Lightning whipped out her katana, slashing at Musashi who blocked her hits with ease. Behind her, Yamato and Essex were dueling, Essex shooting multiple arrows at Yamato who blocked them. Lightning narrowly avoided a blow, swiping her leg to Musashi's feet, trying to trip her. The battleship jumped, missing the swipe and Lightning raised her bow, shooting a few arrows at Musashi, who dodged. 

Lightning continued her attack, slashing at Musashi, feinting to the side and placing some kicks. The battleship managed to avoid most, but not all. Eventually, an arrow knocked her down and she was forced to surrender. However, Yamato had won her duel and the two of them started their attack. Lightning shot a few arrows at Yamato, blocking the battleship's hits using her katana. Soon, Lightning managed to land a kick on Yamato's chest, sending her to the ground. 

"We win! Good match though!" Lightning grinned as she helped Yamato up. 

"Stay sharp, Lightning, all of us have to, we are going to need it..."

Yay! Yet another chapter! I'm so proud of myself~ 

Here are Lightning, Yamato and Musashi's outfits for the banquet:

This is Lightning's but for the pic on the left, she is only wearing the dress.

This is Yamato's

And lastly, Musashi's

(Oh and btw, if you want to read good Azur Lane stories, go check out the stories from:

EditTheJavelin

moonstar07writes

TheLuckyYandereE

savannahqikitten

Their stories are great! Bye!

~Lightningstar out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 349 29
First time writing a story. Feel free to give advice & comment Please leave a vote as you read A god descend to Azur Lane, and he is not pleased of t...
49.7K 740 18
"I felt my heart beat a little faster than before. Is it because of my work? No, it wasn't. It's something new." Erljohn Lebosada is a gifted child o...
3.6K 202 34
Before the Sirens came to wreak havoc, When Denver and her sisters ships got scrapped they went on their separate ways with Denver becoming an Mercen...
24.4K 699 32
During the War Against the Siren's, Essex and some shipgirls including Enterprise were ambushed by a Huge Siren Fleet while they are heading to Pearl...