A Chance that changed it all

Da cvm6613

Harry Potter has won the war, but at a great price. When Fate offers him a second chance to change the entire... Altro

Fate's Offer
Awake at last
Discussions and Decisions
The Meeting
The Order of Phoenix
Author's Note
Birthday Surprises
Hospital and Hogwarts Letter
Trip to Diagon Alley
Trip to Diagon Alley 2
Attack on Diagon Alley
Off to Hogwarts...
New Friends
The Sorting
The Half Blood Prince
Feast in the Great Hall
New Covers
π•―π–Žπ–˜π–ˆπ–šπ–˜π–˜π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–™π–π–Š π•±π–šπ–™π–šπ–—π–Š

Knowing the Past

259 5 3
Da cvm6613

Disclaimer : I don't own any of the following characters. They are the property of J.K.Rowling.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

He just stood there in shadows watching as Harry walked into the book store. He smiled on seeing his happy face. He wanted nothing but to run and hug him, take him for trips and spend time with him. But he knew that doing so would endanger both of them and was rational enough to refrain from doing so.

He had managed to save him not once, not twice but thrice from the hands of Death Eaters and Voldemort. Even then, he wasn't sure that he would be able to do so again. With Voldemort, the ministry and the Order running after him, he couldn't risk it. He was a death eater, but one with a heart, not heartless monster like the rest. 

He could still remember the day he had met Michael [ Harry's Father]. Few seventh year Slytherins were bullying him by constantly pointing out how he didn't really belong to Slytherin and how he should act to keep up the Slytherin pride. Michael, who was returning from library, had stepped in and stopped them.

From that day on wards, Michael looked after him and treated him like his younger brother. Through him he had met Katherine Potter [ or Katie as Michael fondly called her], who also took it up to herself to look after him, irrespective of the house rivalry.

But during his fifth year, he finally joined Voldemort, due to the peer pressure he had been subjected to. At first, it felt great to finally earn respect from fellow Slytherins and be treated as their equivalent. But after few months, he was forced to kill muggleborns and those who opposed Voldemort.

Witnessing murder of Michael's family proved to be the last straw for him. Michael's parents had always showered him with love whenever he stayed with Michael. It was terrible to watch them die. Michael had survived only because he was at Hogwarts at that time.

After several sleepless nights and drowning himself in guilt, he decided to confess his crime to Michael, who was in his seventh year at that time. True, at first, Michael was shocked because of his heinous crime, but controlled his emotions and started persuading him to leave the dark world.

It was not like he needed persuading to do it. He was more than ready to do it, but the problem was Voldemort. Voldemort didn't allow his followers once they joined him. For him, once a follower, always a follower. Every death eater had two options either live with it or don't live at all.

He soon realised that leaving Voldemort wasn't as easy as it seemed to be. He only had one option that is to end the reign of Voldemort while being a death eater.

So, by the time he graduated from Hogwarts, Michael had completed his post graduate degree in ancient and foreign languages, while Katie had completed degree in spell invention and had published several books about them. She had instantly acquired a job in Department of mysteries.

Michael, unfortunately, wasn't so lucky. Though he passed his NEWT's while straight O's and had acquired best grades while obtaining his degree, he wasn't fortunate enough to have a permanent job. Opportunities seemed to be eluding him.

Katie hadn't told her family about Michael. She was scared of rejection from them. Potters' weren't as close minded as the Blacks', but still had some standards which each and every member was supposed to follow. Katie knew that they wouldn't mind whether her suitor was pure blooded or not, but what they would mind was the house to which he belonged and whether he had stable job or not. They had a long legacy of being Gryfindorrs and hence preferred that house over everything and a stable job would ensure that Katie wouldn't face financial difficulties after marriage.

He tried to convince Katie to come clean to her family and tell them everything about Michael. After several tries, she relented but wanted some time before doing so.

He had begun his research on the past of the Dark Lord and had found a lot of information about him. Every time he found out a new piece of information, he relayed it to Katie and Michael, who always had a suggestion for him.  

At the same time, he had gained quite a reputation among death eaters and had gained a spot into Voldemort's inner circle. He oblivated each and every victim he was supposed to be killed and relocated them to somewhere safe. He place fake bodies to make others believe he had carried out the assigned task. Instead of torturing the victims, he healed their wounds and made it look like he had tortured them severely. Let's just say he wasn't sorted into Slytherin for fun, he certainly had the qualities which helped him to reach his ambition.

Finally, one day, a event occurred, which turned their life upside down. He was handed Slytherin locket for safe keeping. He wasn't fool enough to just take the locket and leave it at the assigned place. He cast several revealing charms which revealed it to be a Horcrux. He was horrified. Growing up in pure blooded family had ensured that he had up to date knowledge of Dark magic.

And what was more horrifying was the knowledge that Dark Lord wouldn't stop after making a single horcrux. So, it pretty much meant that Dark lord was immortal until those vile horcruxes were destroyed. Horcruxes, certainly didn't go down without a fight. And means to destroy them made the task really difficult for him to tackle it alone without any help. After all, he was just eighteen.

So, having no other option he went to Katie and Michael. They both were scared but agreed to help. They begun their research on ways to destroy horcruxes and found out that Fiend fyre was the only possible way to destroy Horcruxes.

Michael and Katie started practicing the casting of Fiend fyre, because his magic hadn't matured yet. They did their practice on old, abandoned, run down shacks. Some way or the other, Voldemort got the wind of some one practicing the casting of  Fiend fyre and got suspicious. He sent his death eaters and found out that the magical signature belonged to Katherine Potter and Michael Raddison. He ordered several death eaters to kill them.

The moment he knew about the order, he rushed to warn Katie and Michael. They were scared not for their own life, but for that of their near and dear ones. 

The thought of Charlus, Dorea, her nephew James being harmed was enough to make her head spin. Katie was really scared. The last thing she wanted was that Voldemort coming after her family. So, acting out of fear, she decided to go into hiding with Michael. The only thought reassured her was that at least her family would be safe. She knew, Charlus would do everything in his power to find her and would be devastated, but didn't have any other option, she had to do it.

After few months of going into hiding, they welcomed their bundle of joy Harry. They had debated whether to leave him at her brother's place but decided to not to do so. They couldn't bear to part with him. Then nearly a year later, They had Miriam, who captured their heart in an instant. By that time, they found out the location of the rest of horcruxes, but accessing them was proving to be more difficult that they had thought at first.

He had to place the Slytherin locket under the enchantments, because he didn't want to attract attention to himself. And later Voldemort changed the enchantments so that no one would be able to figure them out.

Michael and Katie were discovered when they attempted to burst in Gaunt shack, to get the Gaunt ring. Miriam was barely few months old at that time and Harry was about one and a half year old.

After the incident, Voldemort attacked them twice, but he was able to warn them. But the third time, they weren't so lucky. Michael had died protecting Miriam, and Miriam was killed barely minutes after it. He had managed to grab Katie and Harry and had taken them to a safe location.

He still remembered the day, Katie had cut all the ties with him. He didn't blame her, not the slightest. After all she had lost her little daughter and the love of her life. He knew that she was still grieving. If the roles were reversed, he too would have acted the same.

Finally, after two weeks, he went to Katie's house to talk to her. He knocked the door several times, but she did not open. He knew, that she was at the door listening. " Katie, please talk to me. It has been 14 days since the incident. You can't just bottle up everything inside yourself. Please talk to me. ", He said, his tone pleading.

" Go away. I don't need your help. It is all your fault that they are dead. You won't understand how a mother feels, when her child dies. She was just few months old. Why didn't you rescue her ? Why me ? If I would have died, then at least Miri would have been alive. I know, my brother would have taken them in.", Katie said, crying.

" But Katie.....", He started.

Katie opened the door. "I don't ever want to see your face in my life. Don't you dare to come here again. I certainly know enough  hexes to keep you away." , Katie said coldly.

" Katie, Please give me another chance.", He pleaded.

" Another chance ? For what ? To kill us ? Never. " , Katie scoffed.

"Katie... ", He started but was cut off by the sound of baby crying. Katie threw him out of her house with a flick of wand and went to Harry, closing the door behind her.

He stood up, brushed the dirt away. Even though Katie didn't want him in their life, he would always protect them.

As soon as he heard the news, he rushed over to Katie's house and realised that Katie was dead. He searched for Harry and found out that Harry was in a muggle orphanage. Later when the orphanage was attacked, he found Harry and saved his life.

All he wanted was for Harry to be safe. After all he was his last tie to Mike and Katie.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Thank you all for helping me to reach 1 k reads on this book. I really appreciate this. I am really grateful to all those who have read, voted and commented on this book. I love hearing your thoughts. I hope that you will support me till the ending of the book.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Hope you like the chapter !! Suggestions and ideas are welcome. I am currently at my native place, so I won't be updating for a week. Forgive for mistakes , if any. Feel free to convey your thoughts to me.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

284K 7.1K 32
What if James did not forget his wand? What if they knew that Voldemort knew their location? What if Harry grew up with family around him? In thi...
91.4K 2K 34
What if James Potter hadn't been an only child? Jenny Potter knows that Peter was the secret keeper, but due to an unfortunate accident she isn't abl...
23.6K 815 29
In his fifth year, Harry Potter met his parents when they travelled 20 years forward in time. Now everything has changed. The Second Wizarding War is...
36.5K 762 28
Lady Magic, incensed by the state of affairs in the wizarding world, offers one final opportunity. It's a chance for the wizarding community to witne...