To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Now What??

617 48 9
By julyndav

Back in the vehicle and returning home via the highway, they were both upset. Everyone they thought would know something either didn't or wasn't talking.

"How can any of this be natural? Who goes around with large ass ears and a tail?!"

"Right now, you do babe."

"Alright Goldie, you're in the same damn boat. Now I'm hungry." Xael huffed and crossed her arms, still frustrated.

"Goldie?  Let's grab something from the drive thru, I'm not gonna last till we get home. Being worked up has made me even hungrier."

"Same here." Xael looked in the back seat, but the hoodie she thought was there wasn't. She would just have to make sure her ears were pinned to her head while they went through the drive thru. Turning back to the front, she let out a huge yawn then caught a whiff of something. Leaning over to her Mate, she sniffed at him.

"That's not me!"

"Is that me?" Xael pulled her shirt at the collar and sniffed again. "Whoa... Gimme a break!!  Now my scent is changing too?"

"I know, why do you think I have my window down."

Xael closed her eyes and concentrated hard on reaching her Wolf grandparents but got nothing. Crossing her arms, she growled yet again, the day was becoming one huge frustrating disappointment.

"Damn you smell good babe."

"Eyes on the road Alpha!" Xael decided it would be safer to roll her window down also. The last thing she needed today was for her Mate to go into rut while driving down the highway.

Back into the city, they both agreed on stopping at McD's for some burgers. They would just eat in the vehicle on the way to town and Xael would fix something once they got there.    Adam cursed under his breath at hitting every red light along the way.  At one such stop, a truck pulled up to them on Xael's side. She was tall enough that you couldn't see her ears which were clamped to her head. Bad thing was that she had her window down and her scent was strong. The other bad thing is the truck contained Alphas.

The driver rolled his window down and howled to get Xael's attention. She quickly glanced at him, just enough to see but not enough for him to get a glimpse of her eyes. The unwanted attention did nothing but piss Adam off but he tried to ignore it, knuckles whitening as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Hey! Look at me when I howl for ya baby!"

Not a very smart move to make.

Before Xael knew what was going on, Adam leaned over, his long arm allowed him to almost hang out the window while still holding the steering wheel. Canines bared and eyes blazing red due to his anger, Adam snarled at the Alpha.

The Alpha in the truck was so startled that he gunned it into oncoming traffic, slamming on breaks just seconds before t-boning a van.  Adam quickly composed himself as the light turned green.

"Thanks hon."

"Yup." Adam's voice was noticeably deeper, surprising both of them. "Great... now I'm going through fucking puberty also."

"I'll keep trying to get a hold of the other Grandparents."

"Good idea babe."

The drive-thru was accomplished without any more drama or howling from strange Alphas. Adam used a pair of shades that were hanging from the rearview mirror to hide his eye color. Even for Wolfen, the color was not normal and he didn't need any more attention focused on him. They both inhaled the burgers and drinks, it would just have to be enough to hold them over for now. If Adam had known that the trip would be for nothing, they would have just stayed home.

"Anything special you want for dinner hon?"

"No, whatever you fix is fine...geeze babe. You smell absolutely wonderful." Adam gave her a flash of his Alpha eyes.

"So do you Al- are you trying to put me in heat?!" Xael felt a brief surge of heat rise up and the strong scent of her Mate.

"No? At least, not on purpose."

"You are such a brat!!"

"Hey! Who's the Alpha here?"

"Who's the Hybrid here?"

"But still an Omega."

"Brat!"

"Love you babe."

"Love you too...brat."

Seeing how things were progressing on the ride back home, they both linked their respective Elder to let them know that it might be a good idea to adjust their plans to cover the station and diner for the next couple of days. Xael linking her Grams and Adam linking Skylar, both the Elders relayed that it wasn't a problem, after laughing hysterically.

"I wonder if you trying to use your healing energy has something to do with all of this?"

"I was thinking the same thing but why would your Grandmother suggest I try it then? She didn't say anything about any of this happening."

"I don't know hon. I want to know why they aren't responding to me. None of them are."

"Not even your pups?"

"No." Xael looked out the window a little upset. "I hope everyone is alright."

"I'm sure they are babe." Adam held her hand to help reassure her.

Finally reaching town, Adam saw Beau and Skylar standing outside the diner. Skylar was flagging him down. He didn't want to stop but did since he had shades on. He pulled up but didn't get out as Xael reclined her seat back and pretended to be asleep. She had her tail cradled against her chest as best she could with Adam placing a protective hand on her to help calm the nervousness she was getting from Beau being so close.

{It's okay babe, they won't get any closer}

{Thank you}

"Skylar?"

"Adam, how did the visit go with your Grandmother?"

"It didn't."

"I see. Well, keep us posted."

"I will."

Adam saw the brief flash of red in both Skylar and Beau's eyes from Xael's scent affecting them. He quickly, but safely backed out of the parking spot and drove in the direction of home. Pulling up to the cabin, they both heaved a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad we have some time alone."

"That makes two of us babe."

Once inside their home, they both relaxed. Xael was uncomfortable and frustrated at having to keep her tail restrained. Barely inside the front door, she kicked off the sweats she had on and flung her bra on the floor.  Adam shook his head at her, she was definitely being a handful today.

"What are you doing?"

Xael scrunched her face at him and rushed him for a hug. A quick squeeze, then she looked up at him.

"Sandwiches?"

"Sandwiches are fine babe." Seeing her tail swish from under her shirt as she walked and her ears sticking right out the top of her head, he couldn't help but growl. Xael could feel her Mates eyes burning a hole in her back as he stared at her. She just looked over her shoulder at him and smiled but he still kept his eye on her. Adam couldn't stand it anymore and began to approach her. Sensing her Mate getting close, she looked up after placing a loaf of bread on the counter.

"Adam? Why are you looking at me like that?"

With red Alpha eyes and muscles bulging, he ripped his shirt off and growled low and deep. Xael noticed his scent had changed as she started to back away from him. The Alpha's canines and claws extend and she could feel the heat coming from him.

"Adam?"

"Come here Omega." Adam's full scent hits her hard.

Xael feels a powerful surge of heat and her eyes flash over to blue. Adam has instantly put her into heat with his pheromones which are much stronger than normal. Her ears pin to her head as she continues to back away from him.

"Adam? What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I said come here." His voice was deep and commanding as he went into full on True Alpha, the gold in his eyes being replaced with a dark fiery red. Xael's eyes go purple as the red and blue mix together from her hormones fluctuate rapidly.

Adam was in rut but this time it was different, much different for both of them.  Adam was on the verge of going feral but Xael  wasn't afraid of him this time. In fact, she was feeling extremely playful herself. If he wanted her, he was going to have to work for it. Xael had managed to maneuver around him, coming from behind the kitchen counter, she was back in the living area. Seeing the front door, Xael flashed her eyes at him and made a dash for it.

{If you want me...you're going to have to catch me Alpha!}

Xael let her scent loose fully, further exciting her Alpha as he snarled and took off after her. The two ran through the forest in a game of catch me if you can. Looking back, Xael noticed that Adam had indeed changed, not only physically but his whole demeanor had taken on a more confident and dominant one. Coming to a clearing, Xael felt a surge of energy as she spun on her heel and tackled her alpha to the ground. Adam wrapped his strong arms around her and buried his face into her neck, playfully biting her but not enough to hurt her. Xael giggled at him as he rose up.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

They spent the rest of the day and part of the night making love in the forest clearing. Xael's heat only lasted while they were out in the woods.  The sky progressing into night, the air was getting chilly and in the heat of passion they had ripped all of their clothes off. That meant a naked walk back to the cabin, both grateful that they were in the middle of nowhere and away from everyone. Walking into the house, Adam gently took her hand and led her to the bathroom. He held her close as he turned on the hot water. Quickly the bathroom filled with steam, turning him around, Xael adjusted the temp and they both stepped in to shower. They mostly kissed, but they showered nonetheless until the hot water ran out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 271 7
there is no war so hateful to the gods as a war between kin - and no war so bloody as a war between dragons. IN WHICH texts left by the late king rha...
26.4K 637 10
๐‰๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐›๐š๐ง๐
1.6M 47.3K 54
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...
60.5K 2.1K 26
For a span of two years, Amira, a twenty-year-old, discreetly avoids her mate within their shared pack. The long-anticipated reunion unfolds as her h...