ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter ONE

6.9K 382 172
By StupidButCute00

Welcome to another adventure with me.

I am happy to start a new story with you guys I hope you'd support me as you did in the previous ones <3 

PS: The first chapters may feel a little boring because it's like an introduction, I don't like to rush things but I promise it will get interesting. 

ENJOY.

"Sign01: People who are lying tend to change their head position quickly"

.

It was the magic hour when the sun dyed everything in gold when it finally stopped raining and the clouds partially disappeared, allowing some sun rays to reach the city. You left your house and started walking down the street. The light was sweet and the cold autumn breeze after the rain welcomed you like an old friend. The calmly sound of the soft wind caressing the autumn leaves covered your ears. Some of them fell over you while walking. You missed the smell of the rain, the fallen leaves, and the autumn sun. It was mid-October, and you could feel the autumn breeze running through your veins, caressing your lungs and lay deep inside your heart, filling you with nostalgic, calm happiness you had no memories to have felt it before.

You love the season of fall, when the Earth is ready for the rains, for sweet drops to quench the soils. When the heat of summer disappears taking everything with it, you don' like summer, not one bit.

Your watch says the time was 11:26 in the evening as you stood in front of the fire department of Seoul city, the silver watch was a digital one that may not have been perfection in cogs and intricate detail, yet it was bold, beautiful and you knew the time at a fraction of a glance. Plus it was weatherproof. Pretty good.

You stared at the red lights that almost blinded you, two ambulances, and three fire engines were parked by the side and you figured maybe there was more inside the garage since Seoul was a big city. 

Deciding it was enough staring, you started walking toward the door of the station, your steps carefully and counted you never knew why maybe a habit. 

You stopped right next to a big white door, it was open but you didn't know if you should enter so you just knocked on the side and waited. The wait didn't last more than a minute when a man stood next to you, he didn't come out from the station but just like you he was about to enter and only stopped because he saw you.

you looked to the side at him, your grey eyes met his brown ones. The man looked right and left before looking at you again, his brows creased and face tense but he didn't say anything, and neither did you. He was wearing a night-blue polo shirt with the yellow fire department logo on it, a fireman uniform pants of the same color, and black boots that sounded new. He was handsome, tall, with black hair and brown eyes.

You watched as his mouth opened to say something but he quickly stopped and walked inside the station leaving you there. okay.

"Guys!" You heard the man loud voice as soon as he went it, "T-there's a foreign girl ....... Umm she's knocking?" Even though you couldn't see his face but the confusion in his tone was obvious, you smiled at that.

Then, what sounded like a second, the man came back with another, they stood by the door looking at you up and down before looking at each other. He wore the same uniform the man with the brown eyes wore and you could obviously assume what both of them were. The new man was slightly shorter and has orange hair that you couldn't unnotice, his eyes dark brown and tiny. 

"Hello!?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows and narrowing his brown orbs as he looked at you. 

You looked at them back for a second, before talking. "Can I come in?"

Their eyes widened a little and they shared a confused stare, "She speaks Korean?" the orange-haired man whispered and the other nodded then both start whispering to each other may be forgetting you were there.

"Ahhmmm," You cleared your throat gaining back their attention. 

"Oh sorry, "The man with black hair smiled widely and stood aside, "Of course, you can come in...." with his hand he signed for you to follow him. 

And you did. 

Inside there were more white ambulances and red fire engines as you expected, you also noticed a fireman's pole near the staircase, The firefighters often slide down a pole to get downstairs to the fire engine, as this is quicker than walking downstairs. 

The men stopped and turned to look at you, "I am Lieutenant Jung Hoseok by the way,  and this is ........ The DE Park Jimin, "Hoseok smiled and rubbed the back of his hair nervously, "Sorry for earlier, we don't usually keep an eye on the door...... No one comes here knocking actually ." 

"Oh!." You nodded, well that was stupid I guess

"Yeah! except for people screaming for help or we rushing out to work," Jimin, the man with tiny eyes explained, "So? How can we help you?" He asked. 

"May I talk to the chief?" You questioned right away. 

You watched as they both looked at each other again, confused. "Do you know him personally?" Hoseok asked and you shook your head, "I am sorry but, I am getting confused here...... may I know why you want to talk to him?" 

"I'd like to report an accident." you simply answered, looking at him. 

"Oh!...." His face crumples again, "Are you sure you haven't mistaken us with a police station?" he smiled trying to make his words sound less offensive, he wasn't calling you stupid or something but maybe things were mixed for you especially that you aren't from the country. 

You didn't care, many people gave you this look and maybe worst.

You blinked your eyes and said "No, I did not."  your tone casual and light. "Aren't you guys the ones who arrive first to a car accident scene and try to save people?"

"Y-yeah I guess, but..... we didn't receive any report all day. " Jimin was the one who talked this time, both of them were confused by your words. Anyone would be.

You nodded, "I know, that's because it didn't happen yet," 

Jimin widened his eyes and looked at his friend, looking a little frightened, "You see the future?"

You blinked more looking at the man, is he serious? He looks serious. 

"Idiot." Hoseok slapped the back of Jimin's head and rolled his eyes when the younger whined, "She's reporting a possible accident, she doesn't see the future you dickhead." the man sighed before looking back at you, "I am sorry Miss........... ?"

He waited for you to tell him your name and you did, "Y/N" 

"Miss Y/N, okay." he smiled, "I apologize but it's still a police job, if you want to report a threat or a possible accident we can connect the police for you or even take you there to be safe, it's just two blocks away" he explained and you sighed.

Of course, he'd say that. 

You expected this already.

"Well, I work for the police and I ...... came to the right place," You said, "Now, can I meet him?"

When you mentioned working for the police, Hoseok becomes more confused. "The Chief isn't here, you can talk to me." Hoseok crossed both arms near his chest and bite his lips. 

"Hmm...the chief isn't here...." You repeated his words and looked around first, noticing a few men walking around, you made your face straighter than a poker player and said, "This would be a problem.... how about the captain?" you suggested.

"May I know why you can't talk to us?" Hoseok's smile disappeared as he talked.

"No offense Mr.Jung but, I want to talk to someone who can make an order." 

Jimin laughed at that before receiving another slap and glare from Hoseok who seemed a little annoyed, the next expression you could read on his face was defeat.

He sighed and looked behind him then at you again, "Follow me, please," he told you.

You followed the man toward a big room that you assumed it's where the firefighters take a rest and wait to be called for emergencies, there was a small kitchen in the corner, sofas, a table for food or meeting, and a TV.

There was a man sitting on the sofa watching TV while his feet on the small table, he held the remote pressing it to change the channels, he didn't even look at you when you entered it's like he was in his own world and that's why you couldn't see his face. 

Another one was leaning against the kitchen counter, he was wearing the same uniform Jimin and Hoseok wore except his polo had an orange logo instead of the yellow one, he was holding an instant ramen bowl, looking down as he mixed the hot ramen with the chopsticks. His hair shone like the sea at night and again, you couldn't see his face because he didn't look up just like the other man. 

They don't give a shit when they're off duty.

"Stay here, I will call the captain," Hoseok informed you and pointed to a chair next to the table. You nodded and thanked him. 

Jimin sat next to you but he didn't say a word, he just watched you as you looked around scanning every detail. Another habit of yours, you believe details are the most important thing you need to focus on if you wanted to do your job right, not just your job but your daily life. You mastered this from a young age and couldn't just let it go. 

Your eyes landed on Jimin again feeling slightly uncomfortable by his gaze that was fixed on you, you knew he wasn't going to stop so you decide to start a conversation, "Why orange?" You looked at his hair and asked. 

"Oh!" Jimin run his hand through his hair and smiled before looking away for a second, You got to say it, that was hot. "You see.... ever since I entered this field, I see a lot of orange if you know what I mean. So I loved it." he chuckled.

"You don't like orange." You immediately said and turned your gaze toward the man on the sofa as he turns off the TV and now he just grabbed a newspaper. 

"Excuse me?" Jimin talked again and you looked back at him, you smiled. 

"You don't like orange," You repeated your words focusing on the man's eyes as they softened, "You don't have to pretend you do." You added. 

The man was about to say something but he immediately stopped when Hoseok came back with another man, Jimin stood up and watched them coming toward you. You also noticed the man who was eating the ramen now moved from the counter placing his ramen on it. Now you were staring at his muscular back, his legs were long matching perfectly the size of his body, even if he wasn't wearing tight clothes you can clearly see the muscles they hide.

"Hello! I am unit seven's captain, Kim Namjoon." the tall man approach you and offered a handshake, you stood up and gladly accepted it.

"Y/N." you naturally said your name and sat back on the chair when he and the two men did. 

"So, Miss Y/N you wanted to speak to me?" Namjoon asked, his voice was powerful and you could tell he wasn't a man that smiles easily nor take a break from his serious attitude. 

"Actually I wanted the unit chief, but I was informed he wasn't currently at the station," You explained, your tone similar to his. 

"Yes, he isn't." Namjoon nodded, his eyes on you. He watched as you looked at your watch to tell the time, "Digital watch? interesting choice," he added. 

You nodded, staring at him. "It keeps me away from my phone, I often needed to know the time yet not if I had any messages," you stated, still giving him a cold stare.

Your stare wasn't intentionally cold, your face somehow lacked the mobility others had. Your eyes would rest on a point, even a person, and you'd stay longer like that than the average person would. Others would alter their paths not to cross yours and stand further back than was customary. It was like the elongated eye contact demanded a greater degree of physical separation. It wasn't something you ever noticed yourself, but people around you did. 

"I see." Namjoon nodded again, placing both his hands on the table and leaned closer, "So! I heard you are here to report something, am I mistaken?" 

"No, you are not." You said. You didn't want to speak too much to him until you finally decipher everything about him. 

"I believe Lieutenant Jung explained to you that this is something you'd report to the police, Not us," Namjoon said again.

"But your job is to be there before the police do, you save as many lives as you can and they catch the criminals who put the lives in danger in the first place," You explained your point of view, "Don't you think it's more important to have you guys in the scene before they do?" 

Namjoon didn't say anything and waited for a few seconds to sigh, "But we can't move unless we are called or the police ask for our cooperation, and ..... I still don't know what you're here to say," 

"Okay," You nodded, "There will be a vehicle crash on the freeway of 15 north tonight, I don't know the exact time but it will be after midnight," you finally told them what you came to say. 

Their eyes widened with confusion. "Freeway of 15 north? isn't that the hunted road?" Jimin questioned his eyes on Hoseok who glared at him. 

"It's not hunted." You rolled your eyes.

"Unexplained car accidents happen there all the time, just this month there were four accidents,  the police invested and found nothing. So it is hunted." Jimin declared defending his theory. Is he stupid?

"Shut up, Park Jimin." Hoseok glared at him again, you knew if he wasn't on the other side of the table he'd slapped his head again. "Good thing you only do the driving here," The man shook his head in disappointment and as for Jimin he only had his face turned pink. 

"Why do you assume there will be an accident there?" Namjoon questioned again, you were a girl coming into the fire station almost at midnight. this can't just be a joke

"The patterns, the odds, and based on the investigation I made." You said, it was clear that they don't believe you and they think you are stupid, but you had to try. 

"May I see your badge? you said you work in the police." Namjoon asked. 

Oh! Do you want to check if I didn't run from a mental hospital? 

"I don't have one." you honestly answered. 

Their captain's face turned into an I-knew-it look as he sighed and looked at Hoseok, you knew the man was about to ask you to leave but then Hoseok decided to talk.

"Why you don't have one?." He looked at you. 

"The same reason that dude doesn't have a yellow logo on his shirt, also I don't suppose he has a badge as well." You pointed toward the man by the counter but you didn't look at him, you wanted to watch their reaction, as expected they become confused with a mix of curiosity. 

You then turned slowly to the man, finally, you could see his face clearly which was a nice view you had to admit, his black eyes shining and looking at you, caging you with an intense gaze if that was a thing, he was a little far from you, but you could notice how his skin was flawless, pale but beautiful. The male looked absolutely ethereal with the long hair splayed across his brows as he stood there silently looking at you, one hand holding his phone, the other in his pocket and his lips slightly forming a small smirk. 

He looks devilishly handsome

You almost couldn't believe your thoughts, you met many handsome men, heck you were surrounded by them right now in this room but no one has captured you the way this man did. 

You smiled at yourself before looking back at Namjoon.

"Jungkook is a Probie," Jimin blinked his eyes and said.

"And I am an intern," you added.

"I see." Namjoon nodded, "And have you told them your theory? the police you work with I mean,"

"Yeah, but the assholes didn't believe me. They think I am crazy," You rolled your eyes remembering how they didn't pay attention when you were trying to explain.

"So you came here!" Namjoon placed his elbow on the table as he rested his chin on his hands, "Can I check if what you're saying is true? I knew a few people from the police they may know you, just to be clear here........" 

"Go ahead." You nodded. "Since you have all the time of the world," you sighed. Why can't people just take you seriously

Ignoring your sarcasm, the captain looked away "Put Taehyung on the phone," Namjoon looked at the handsome man who already has his phone on him, Jungkook was his name? 

It was only a few minutes till that Taehyung guy picked up the phone, Taehyung? He's supposed to be working at my station?  Jungkook placed the phone was on the table with the speaker on, before he took a seat next to Jimin joining you. still not saying a word. 

"Hello? Jungkook?" the man from the other line said. 

"Oh Kim Taehyung, it's Namjoon with you." Namjoon raised his voice a little maybe the man thinks Taehyung can't hear him unless he shouts, stupid. 

"Hyung? what's up?" Taehyung added.

"Let's make it quick, do you perhaps know some girl named Y/N?" the captain asked.

"Yeah, she's with the traffic unit I believe." The man said confirming your identity, "She helps us with the investigation sometimes, the crazy girl is a human lie detector why are you asking by the way?

You rolled your eyes at his words but can you disagree? No. of course, not. the other men looked at you........... again, confused. "Nothing, I will call you later man," Namjoon said then hang up.

Namjoon gave you a look, so many questions behind it and because of that, you decided to speak first. 

"I have a Ph.D. in criminal profiling and some things I'd like to keep to myself, but shortly,  I can tell when people lie that's what your friend meant," You said but still, they didn't talk and only stare at you not understanding, you sighed, "For example, I know the chief is here. In fact, he's right behind you." 

Their eyes widened and all of them looked at the man on the sofa who stopped what he was doing and turned to face you, "Have we ever met?" the Chief asked, slowly standing up and walking toward you. 

"No Sir, we did not. I could easily guess by their lies and the way you didn't flinch when the captain entered while the two others stood up in respect." You answered. "Now, can y'all take what I am saying a little serious? I need every second." You looked at them as their gaze shifted from yours to his. 

"You're quite smart I must say," The chief nodded, "But, I am sorry Miss Y/N even if we believe you we can't leave the station just because you have a theory unless of course, the police themselves confirmed it."

"You don't believe me," you mumbled to yourself. sighing.

"Something may happen while we're outside, why didn't you go alone if you were that sure?" Jimin talked again.

"I am sorry for saying that Jimin shhi, but I am starting to question your mental abilities." You looked at him knowing that your words were harsh but he's starting to annoy you, "Do you really want me to go out there alone, in the middle of the night? to that place where a possible criminal is? If there's something I am not, it will be being stupid." You rolled your eyes and looked away.

Hoseok and the handsome man were laughing at this point while Jimin glaring at them. 

"It's not that we don't believe you, it's just ......... hard to, you know...... you didn't give us any solid info," Namjoon explained. 

Giving up, you stood up and looked down at them, "At least be ready to be called then." 

With that, you start walking away far from the room. 

It's not my fault.

I tried to warn them.

It's not on me, it's on them.

I wish I am wrong, but it can't be.

"Wait...." someone held your arm stopping you when you arrived at the door, it wasn't a voice you heard before so you turned only to have your breath taken away for a solid five seconds. 

The handsome man, Jungkook was standing right next to you. Closer than he should. Now that he was near, you noticed how tall he was as he towers over you.

Man, I am so short.

"My shift ended," the man's voice sent shivers down your spine. You were lost inside his eyes when suddenly his hand that was holding your elbow went down your arm unhurried, burning every area it passes by till he edged his hand toward yours ever so slightly until you felt his fingertips brush your hand. What the hell? you could feel the heat of his palm pressed against your own. WHAT THE HELL"I will come with you if you allow me," His lips curved upwards.

Red Flag One.

You tensed your muscles and pulled your hand away from his immediately when your mind starts working again. "What was that for?" you rolled your eyes. But you were burning inside. What the hell Y/N?  Just because he's handsome he thinks he can just touch me? 

"Nothing, just wanted you to come with me to my ride, or you have your own?" The smirk forming on his face annoys you, He balled his fist and shoved his hand in his pocket. 

.

To Be Continued .........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 14.5K 22
"Getting turned on, noona?" He asked coyly. "I'm too sexy, right?" He winked at you, causing you to scoff. "I know I'm handsome, you don't have to s...
2.3K 157 9
"Well... yeah I will get in trouble if I failed, but..." He resumes walking, hearing Yoongi take an uneasy step forward. "But what?" He forces out of...
5.2K 381 46
{แด›แด€แด‡สœสแดœษดษข x ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...