Time and Destiny

By moniven_

"You cannot do this! Let me go" I shrieked as I saw him approach me. "There is no escape from me and you know... More

Before you Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
A/N
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45

Chapter-15

6.5K 194 71
By moniven_

I apologise for the late update,
I never thought writing would be this hard!
*Put on a sad crying face*
Anyways guys! Enjoy reading! ❤️
*************

Nova

Have you ever felt like today's your last day on this planet? As if you had committed a major sin and you would get executed for it?
That was exactly how I felt at this moment, except I didn't know what my sin was.

The Devil walked towards me stealthily with a deadly expression on his face which absolutely terrified my soul. And I knew I was doomed. He stopped at an arm's length from me. I gathered the last pieces of courage I had and asked,

"What's wrong? Why are you angry?"
He let out a growl as he slammed me to the wall with such a force that the back of my head collided with the wall painfully. He took both of my wrists and held it behind me which made me wince in pain. His long fingers enveloped my throat gripping it firmly, while his other hand was enough to secure my wrists in place.

"You have the nerve to ask me what is wrong? Why don't you ask your lover boy Sebastian?" he yelled angrily in my face,
"Sebastian.." I gasped in realisation.
How the hell did he find out?
"So you do remember him? You haven't lost your memory, have you?" he questioned angrily, tightening the grip around my throat.
"I-It's not what-t you thi-" I tried saying, before he cut me off,
"You were gone for three months with him. So tell me princess, did you let him touch you? Did you let him kiss you? Or did you let him sleep with you?"

I shook my head saying no, as I couldn't form any words. I was shocked and I didn't know what to say. Damn you Princess Isabella, cause you are the only reason I'm stuck here, I internally cursed her.
"You're mine, solely mine. You belong to me and I'll make sure you never think of any other man again, Isabella" he whispered darkly gazing at my lips.
"No, please don't do this..Nicholas, I of beg you" I pleaded trying to escape from his grip, but it was of no use.

I couldn't move my arms, I was backed up against the wall and I was at the mercy of the Devil. He stroked my lower lip with his thumb and licked his lips.
"Don't resist me princess, it will only make me want you more" he said deeply, his gaze traveling down my body.

I should have been disgusted by him, instead I felt an electrifying excitement stirring up within me. At the same time, I was afraid of him, and the things he might do now. I shot him a pleading look, but he stared back emotionlessly. His eyes were filled with a darkness, which was both intriguing and frightening. He tugged me towards him crushing me against his chest, leaving no gap between us. He tightened his hold on my wrists which caused a whimper to escape from my lips.

"Let go of me" I panicked, struggling to escape.
His hand travelled from my throat to the nape of my neck, holding me in place as he leaned down and claimed my lips. He roughly moved his lips against mine in domination, and I resisted as much as I could. I could feel his aggression and desire in the kiss.

He furiously kissed me and when I didn't respond he bit my lower lip harshly. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I stayed still and let him do as he pleased, tired of resisting. I hated to admit, I enjoyed it. He pulled back and glared at me.

"Kiss me back princess" he demanded,
How dare he say that?
I glared back and said "No, I won't. You cannot make me"
"You would rather kiss a petty warrior but not me, the most powerful King in all land" he growled and slammed his fist on the wall, which made me jump in fear.
"I can give you the world if you say the word, I can give you everything you desire and only I can pleasure you, so you better be grateful" he said deeply, with anger evident on his face.
"You are a heartless monster King Nicholas and this is your arrogance speaking. All you have given me is pain and sorrow. You can take my body or control my actions but you will never get my heart. I despise you" I spat angrily with tears in my eyes.

He was fuming and I knew my words hit him hard. I felt victorious, but I dreaded the consequences.
"I always get what I want and I promise you that I'll take your heart too, which is rightfully mine" saying that he slammed his lips against mine once again violating me.

He forcefully entered my mouth and explored every corner of it with his tongue. I wanted to melt into the kiss and return it back and it took every bit of willpower to stop myself from doing that. I thought of all the bad things he had done. He had destroyed many kingdoms and his hands were tainted with the blood of thousands of innocents. Those are the same hands holding me in an embrace, I said to myself. I came back to my senses and I tried pushing him back with my now free hands. He didn't budge, but he did pull back. There was a hint of confusion and sorrow in his eyes, but mostly anger and lust.

"Don't you get it? I don't want this!! You cannot keep forcing yourself on me and then expect me to behave as you wish. You talk about able to give me everything I desire, so tell me Nicholas, Can you give me Freedom? Can you give me Freewill? Or Can you give me happiness? NO! YOU CANNOT!!" I shouted in anger with tears flowing down my face.
"Stop it!! Stop speaking!!" he hissed with his teeth gritted and jaw clenched,
"NO! You need to know this! You know what your problem is? You act out of impulse. You won't even let me explain or speak, but you accuse me of things I have never done" I yelled and he looked at me closely waiting for my next words.
"Firstly, I am not a traitor, I never was. How can you be so sure you don't have a mole amongst you? Secondly, about Sebastian, I can assure you I never kissed him or slept with him. Oh Hell! I don't even love him. So you decide what to believe, the rumours made by the public or the words coming out of my mouth" I said with pure anger.

I could see relief in his eyes, but he was still very pissed. Maybe because nobody had ever spoken back to him, especially not a woman.
"Thirdly, the only way you will ever get my heart is by ripping it out of my chest"
I spat those words out like venom. I knew my harsh words affected him, but I wasn't scared anymore. He could kill me for all I care.

I could see the immense anger building up within him, but I could also see sadness. Seeing him in grief made my heart ache and I couldn't understand why I was having feelings towards a cold, heartless monster. He stormed out of the room angrily after taking one last glance at me and left me alone with my thoughts.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was all over the place, my eyes were red and puffy, my lips were swollen and red with cuts on my lower lip and fresh tears flowed down my already tear streaked face.
I was a mess! How on earth did he find me attractive?
I took a step and I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head. I could see black dots appearing as my vision got blurred. I touched the back of my head with my palm and brought it in front of my eyes. I saw blood lacing my fingers.

Oh great! This might have happened when he pushed me against the wall.
I struggled to keep my eyes open as I collapsed on the stone hard ground into a deep state of unconsciousness.

I opened my eyes slowly and with difficulty. I saw Ada smiling in joy and relief.
"Oh honey! You're finally awake. How do you feel?" she asked with worry,
"I've got a banging headache, but I feel fine otherwise. What happened?" I asked rubbing my eyes,
"You had a concussion, dear. Thankfully, the bleeding has stopped now and you will be fine. You need to eat well and drink plenty of water, so no more excuses, young lady" she said in a strict yet compassionate way,
"Okay Ada okay! Anyways, I don't see Nicholas in here, may I ask where he is?" I asked sarcastically,
"He is attending an assembly with the warriors and noblemen. I'm so sorry dear, I'm sorry you went through this, but Nicholas-" she said before I cut her off by saying,
"Ada please, don't talk in his favour. I have come to terms that he is an aggressive, arrogant, evil, obsessed and self centred son of a bitch and please don't try and change my mind about him"
I huffed in frustration and I saw Ada frown from hearing such unholy usage of words towards her King.

"As you wish, my dear but you must know this. He was the one who found you unconscious, and he stayed by your side the whole night. I have never seen him so worried and restless, until now. I'm sure he is feeling guilty for hurting you" she explained.
I don't understand why he hurts me in the first place and then later regrets it.
"Dear Bella, why don't you go and take a nice bath, it will help you relax. Meanwhile I'll pick a good dress for you" she smiled.
That's a good idea, I thought. I need to clear my head anyways!
"Thank you, Ada" I smiled back and scurried towards the bathhouse.

After a good long bath I put on my robe and went back to my chambers. Ada had laid out a couple of fancy gowns, but I requested for a simple outfit. I finally found a classic black dress which reached my ankle.
Perfect! I thought, but Ada shook her head in disapproval. I managed to convince her my outfit was great and she reluctantly agreed, not before saying,
"That dress is too plain for a beautiful princess like you"
I heard a knock on the door. Ada opened it and a guard came in the view.

"Your Highness, you need to come with me, as per the King's order" he said,
"Why? Where are you taking me?" I questioned,
"I cannot disclose it, but you need to follow his majesty's order, he made it very clear" he replied,
"Okay then, let's go" I said to the guard.

I waved goodbye to Ada and followed the guard. I wondered where he was taking me. After yesterday, I didn't want to face Nicholas at all. I was scared of him. I hadn't explored the whole castle yet and I had no idea where this guard was heading to.

"Can I ask you something?"
"Yes, your Highness" the guard replied,
"What kind of a ruler do you think is King Nicholas?" I asked, unsure whether he might give an answer, but he did.
"We are blessed to have him. I couldn't have wished for a better ruler" he replied with pride.

I made no comments after that. These people were nuts, that's all I could conclude.
The guard stopped at a door and opened it, gesturing me to go ahead. I nodded and walked in and he closed the door after me. The moment I set my eyes on the room, I froze in my place.
"Holy shit! Look at this place" I exclaimed in awe.

It was a library, a huge one. It was beautiful and vibrant, and had numerous shelves filled with countless books. It was a kind of library you see in fairy tales and never thought those exist, unless you see one, like right now. I paced around the room like a delighted kid in the disneyland. I stopped at a shelf of science related books and looked for a good book. I lazily brushed my fingers across the books.
"I can live here forever" I purred in delight.

Then, I heard a deep voice from behind me,
"So I believe you like it in here, princess"
I turned around and saw Nicholas. How long was he standing there I thought, feeling embarrassed about running around the place like a kid. The events of yesterday came rushing back in my head. I wanted to hate him, but at this moment all I was thinking was how on earth did he know I loved books?

He walked towards me with a look on his face I couldn't quite decipher. He stopped a few inches away from my eyes and gazed at me for a moment before saying,
"How are you feeling?"
"I feel fine. How are you feeling?" I said back emphasising the 'you' at the end.
His face hardened when he knew I was pointing out that he was the one who had hurt me.
"I wasn't- I never wanted to hurt you, princess. You are too fragile for me and I-I don't know how to be gentle" he sighed deeply with a sign of guilt in his tone.

Fragile? Did he just call me FRAGILE!!??
I'm not fragile, he is just too strong and beastly. Definitely not human!

"I don't know what to say, Nicholas. If you never wanted to hurt me, then don't do it" I said downheartedly,
"I cannot control my anger, especially when you associate with other men" he growled, pulling me against his chest and wrapping his arms around me.

A little warning before a big bear hug would have been nice, but I still love hugs, they are warm. Snap out of it Nova, I said to myself. Nicholas was waiting for a reply.
"I promise I have no intentions of pursuing other men and you need to know that before you strike" I said looking up in his eyes.
"Forgive me, love. I will never hurt you, again...I give you my word" he said deeply, kissing my forehead.

I was taken aback!
I never thought he would actually apologize. This just changed a whole lot, like the way I perceived him. I tried telling myself again that I despise him, but that feeling was long gone.
I was falling for him, wasn't I?

The corner of my lips curved into a smile without me knowing. I nodded at his words and looked at him without saying a word. I was shamelessly staring at him and I didn't know why. He leaned towards my lips without taking his eyes off me and to my surprise I found myself eagerly anticipating for it.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump back into my senses. I gently tugged on his arms to let me go and he did. I stepped back from him as a guard entered and bowed down saying,
"Your Majesty, you have a visitor"
"Send them in" he ordered, returning back to his cold demeanour.
This was the second time we had got interrupted and he was definitely not happy.

The guard nodded and led a beautiful woman in.
She smiled flirtatiously as she walked towards Nicholas and straight away jumped into his arms. She sensually trailed her fingers all the way down his chest to his abdominal muscles.
She pushed her body against his and said in a overly sweet tone,

"Oh Nik, I've missed you so much"

<Aesthetic pictures above>

Are you guys ready to see jealous Nova?
But I'm going to make you wait for it *laughs sinisterly*

Kidding! I'll try to update as soon as possible;)

Please vote and comments guys!
Thank you for more than 4k reads, I love you guys❤️

One more thing, I've made a few corrections in Chapter 10, 12 and 14!

(Not edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 298 17
Olivia Taylor, formally known as, Nova Faye for a brief period of time has run into a sinkhole of issues. First, she got away from Kyle, whom had bee...
14.2M 100K 9
He teases her. He challenges her. He fascinates her while he irritates her like no other. He drives her insane. He makes her...ughh, so mad she could...
67 7 10
"𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓭𝓶𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓽, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓸 𝓫𝓪𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓪𝓼 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾." 𝓗𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪 𝓹𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽 �...
122K 4.9K 62
"Who are you?" She said looking at him. "Where have you gotten me?" she crawled back on the bed, looking around the peculiar room. She saw him movin...