The Coaches Daughter

Від Its-leon

Sakai Hoshiko, Coach Ukai's daughter moves from Tokyo to school at Karasuno. She makes lifelong friends after... Більше

Background
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

18

327 15 1
Від Its-leon

"Let's go!" Hinata exclaimed while jumping up and down when the bus arrived.

"Save your energy for the game." Sugawara said with a smile, walking past onto the bus.

"For real. Be quiet." tsukishima snickered with Yamaguchi.

"Seeing you so energetic fills me with energy too!" i said, trying not to let Tsukishima ruin Hinata's mood.

"Yo Hoshiko come sit in the back with us!" Tanaka yelled through the window.

"Oh I'm sitting with Kiyoko. Sorry Tanaka." I gave him an apologetic smile.

"Come on! I need someone between me and Hinata." He covered his mouth, remembering the time where he was thrown up on.

I scoffed and shook my head, "You should have brought a bucket... maybe even an umbrella..."

Hinata shrunk beside me, "Hey! I won't throw up this time. My tummy feels great!" He burst out.

"just get on the bus already, dumbass." Kageyama said, literally kicking Hinata's ass.

After a fairly peaceful ride we got to the gym where the tournament was being held. It felt nostalgic almost. i was jealous of the boys honestly. I watched all of them walk through the hall in front of me, imagining myself as part of the team for a second.

I heard a out slap come from further down in the hallway, knocking me out of my fantasy. Kiyoko had hit both Noya and Tanaka in the head with notebooks. I laughed to myself, knowing they had done something stupid or been overprotective of her.

"Hey Kiyoko wait up!" I called out and took one of the notebooks she was holding.

"Wow it smells like air salonpas!" Hinata said in awe and Noya agreed. i smiled at how weird and dorky the two were.

suddenly a team with a bunch of tall players showed up, headed straight towards our group. The tall one with the white hair raised his arm a bit, pointing directly at Asahi. I was taken aback and then got worried for Asahi, he could barely handle the people saying that he looked like a delinquent a few minutes ago he definitely won't be able to handle direct confrontation. However when i looked up at him he was confidently staring back into the guys eyes.

After what looked like the captain scolded the team they left and i was about to compliment Asahi for handling it really well but he looked like he was about to pass out.

"It's okay Asahi." I pat his back and he gave me a half smile.

"Thanks Sakai..." he straightened his posture and took a deep breath out.

While the boys played Tokonami I stood in the stands. Only one manager was allowed on the court during a game sadly. I was cheering for Karasuno when i saw light blue out of the corner of my eye. Aobajohsai.

I kept my head forward and stayed quiet, hoping they would pass by and i would go unnoticed, to my dismay I heard a certain setters voice call out my full name.

"It's been a while since i've seen you." He pouted.

"Yeah it has..." I replied, looking at the court.

"You're acting so mean to me." He leaned on the banister beside me, "You haven't responded to my texts either." he said lowly.

I was shocked by the change in his voice and finally looked him in eye only for him to smile at me.

"I thought we were friends." He huffed, looking at the court.

i shook my head and looked at his teammates who were leaning on the banister a little further down, "Friendship isn't one sided."

It was his turn to look at me shocked, "Oh." was all he said, then he looked back to the court. after a few more points were scored by Karasuno he spoke up again, "I'm not friends with many girls. So i might have treated you like i treat other girls i know..."

i furrowed my eyebrows, "there's no difference between being friends with a girl and being friends with a guy."

he shook his head, "Yes there is. For instance you have-" He looked at my chest then looked away, "er... longer hair than any of my guy friends."

I pushed his shoulder and looked back at the game. Karasuno was close to winning. I jerked from reflex as i watched a spike come down that was a bit far from Daichi.

"Calm down there." Iwazumi laughed, now sitting.

"I can't help it, I want to play." I turned back to the game, watching the volley.

"You play?" Oikawa asked, looking down to me.

For some reason this question made my face go up in flames, "Oh uh yeah. I'm not very good. I used to be a wing spiker but recently i became a setter."

"Hm. I'd like to see you play." Oikawa gave me a genuine smile.

I just knew my face would be radiating more heat than the sun so i looked away, "Oh come on. I'm going to look so pathetic. Especially in the eyes of someone like you. You're too good."

His smile turned devilish and he puffed his chest out, "I mean maybe I am an amazing setter... Maybe even the best in the room?"

"shut up shitty-kawa." Iwazumi said, pulling oikawa out of his head. Oikawa turned around and stuck his tongue out at his friend.

"Haha, anyway I could always help you out... give you pointers and whatnot."

I looked down at my team then back to him, thinking about his offer for a second, "Yeah that would be cool."

"I'll text you. You have to answer though." he threw a wink and glanced back at the court.

"Alright boys, we've seen enough of this game, lets go get ready for our next match." He walked off, his teammates following him.

After Karasuno won their match I finally got to go down and congratulate the boys, a few of their parents coming down and talking to them.

Kageyama and his parents were talking with Hinata butting in every now and then and Kageyama's parents would laugh at dote on him, pissing the taller boy off.

Sugawara, Daichi and Kiyoko talked to a woman that looked almost exactly like Daichi other than the birthmark on her right cheek.

Asahi Nishinoya and Tanaka all talked to Tanaka's, very loud, older sister.

The rest of the players talked amongst themselves, the second years and first years keeping to themselves.

I grabbed Ennoshita and Yamaguchi's shoulders and pushed them beside each other.

"That was a good game, don't you think so boys?" I grinned.

"Uh yeah... I guess so." Ennoshita said while fidgeting.

"Could you butt out of other peoples business? We were talking." Tsukishima stated with a glare.

"No you weren't. You were both looking at your phones." I raised a hand gesturing to the phone that was still in his hand.

He rolled his eyes.

"It's important to have a good relationship with your teammates!" I smiled, pulling him and Yamaguchi close to each other, "You two aren't gonna be loners the whole time."

"We're not loners. Would you just go away?" He growled, looking back at his phone.

I looked to Yamaguchi who shrugged and I pat his head out of adoration. He was a bit of a dick sometimes but he was quite cute.

Walking over to the forgotten 2nd years i noticed they seemed a bit out of it too. Ennoshita gave me a smile still. i gave him a light punch on the shoulder, "you're so quiet today."

"I'm always quiet." He shrugged.

"You're more quiet than usual. You doing alright?" I lifted my hands to his face and pulled up his lips to smile.

"Geez you don't have to do all that." he laughed and pushed my hands away, "but i'm fine, games like these make me upset that i don't give volleyball my all." he looked at the ground.

"Well you still have time, this isn't your last game, or your last year. Keep it up!" i gave him two thumbs up and accidentally backed into Asahi.

"Oh sorry Hoshiko." He said, putting his hand on my head for a second.

"Hoshiko?" i asked, looking up at him.

his eyes got wide and he looked down at me, "Oh! I'm sorry I won't call you that if you don't want me to!"

i reached up to his shoulder and pat it, "Relax, i was just suprised you even knew my first name."

"Well you know, Noya and Tanaka don't stop talking about you and Kiyoko so i'm pretty used to hearing it." He laughed, looking over at the two who were being engulfed in a hug by Tanakas older sister.

right as i started to take in her appearance she make eye contact with me and her eyes lit up, "SAKAI RIGHT?" She shouted in joy, disrupting everyone near her.

i smiled, "Yes, you're the Tanaka's sister, right?"

"Yeah, call me Saeko, or sis, i like both of those." She grinned, showing her perfect teeth off.

"It's nice to meet you Saeko, I hear Tanaka tell stories about you all the time." i thought back to all of the times he would talk about her in class.

"He does? I hope it's nothing bad!" She took Tanaka into a choke hold and gave him a noogie. Tanaka started swatting his sister off while Nishinoya laughed. I saw Asahi fighting between laughter and worry.

I exchanged a look with Tanaka, "Never." i said, not lying but i'm sure i've heard more than she would want me to. though the time she walked in on him peeing out his window is pretty funny.

"Well squirt, i'm gonna take a smoke break." She told Tanaka, releasing him from her arms.

"Okay, are you staying to watch our next game too?" Tanaka stood, massaging his neck.

"Yeah. don't worry." She smirked and pulled out a cigarette as she walked out, "Don't bother Sakai too much." she said to tanaka, though she winked at me. I blushed and looked at Tanaka who was riling up to fire back but got bumped into by a hyper Hinata.

Hinata quickly apologized and explained he was trying to show Kageyama's parents how fast he was.

speaking of Kageyama he was the only one who had both of his parents present. i decided to go over and introduce myself seeing i was one of two managers. I was tempted to have Kiyoko come with me but she looked interested in what Daichi's mom was saying.

I walked over to Kageyama and his parents as they mused over how clumsy the red haired boy was. "Hello, you must be Kageyama's parents, right?"

They both looked over with similar expressions of confusion. Am i wrong? I can't be, i can see kageyama in both of them.

after a second of silence i spoke again, "I'm Sakai, one of the managers for the club, my dad is actually the coach and i used to play volleyball too until this year." i rambled slightly, watching as their expressions barely changed.

"Why aren't you playing this year? you don't look injured." His mother asked and my neck and ears got hot.

"Oh, i moved to Karasuno this year and missed try outs..." i explained, not knowing what else to say.

"She's a setter as well, she helps me and Hinata after practice a lot." Kageyama added, making his parents eyebrows raise slightly.

"Oh, you're the one that helps after practice?"His father asked, seeming slightly impressed.

i nodded, "Yeah, me and the other manager Kiyoko help them sometimes." i pointed over to Kiyoko who was listening to Sugawara and Daichi.

"And has she played volleyball before as well?" he interrogated.

"Erm, no, but she's very helpful." I answered, not sure why he was asking so many questions.

"Well that's not good. how is a manager going to help if they haven't played the game before?" His mom prodded.

I looked at Kageyama who was staring at the team playing through the gym doors. Letting out a small sigh i started, "Well my dad has played before and he's the one coming up with the plays."

"I didn't say anything about your dad, i was talking about your manager friend." his mom said with a huff.

Kageyama turned back to the conversation having heard his moms tone, "Kiyoko does a good job." he said plainly and turned back to the court.

"I suppose you can't do bad when your job is just to clean up after others." his dad mused to his mother and she chuckled.

"I miss those days." his mom put a had on her husbands shoulder and he let his rest on top of hers.

"So do I." they smiled at each other and i suddenly felt like i was intruding on something so i backed away slowly, and bumped into Hinata, who was now talking to Daichi's mom and the other third years.

"Oh, sorry buddy." I said and pat his head.

"You're okay, i was just telling Ms. Sawamura about my spikes!" He grinned as he did a spiking motion.

i looked over Daichi's mom who looked slightly lost in the conversation but was smiling sweetly.

I bowed silently and her eyes widened a little, "Oh sweetheart you don't need to be so formal." She said, with worried eyes.

With that all of the fourth years broke away from their conversations and looked over at me as a blush appeared on my cheeks, "Oh, sorry." i replied quietly.

"Mom, this is Sakai, our new manager." Daichi took the liberty of introducing me to his mom.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Sakai." She gave me the sweet smile she was giving Hinata a few seconds ago, making me feel safe.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Ms." I smiled back.

"I didn't see you on the court earlier, where were you?" She asked, her voice laced in concern and her eyebrows furrowed in minor confusion.

"Oh, only one manager is allowed to be on the court at a time so i was up in the stands." I explained, hoping no one had seen me.

"Awh you poor thing." Ms. Sawamura pat my shoulder gently, "Were you sitting all alone?"

I thought back to when Oikawa and his teammates had sat with me and glanced discreetly at the other volleyball club members. They all looked curious to know as well. Yes! no one saw him sitting with me.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, it wasn't too bad though."

"Well i'm sure you'd feel a lot more comfortable with a familiar face near. You can sit with me when the next game starts." She smiled that sweet smile again and like a mirror i copied her.

"Okay, that sounds nice. I'll find you after i finish getting things ready for the boys." I turned to Kiyoko who nodded and handed one of the water bottle carriers she had in her hands.

Me and Kiyoko walked down the wide gymnasium hallway together, water bottles clanking against each other with each step.

"Daichi's mom is really nice. Tanaka's sister too." I commented as we reached the water fountains.

"Daichi's mom has always been really caring." Kiyoko smiled, thinking back to all the times she had seen the captains mom.

"Do you know anything about Kageyama's parents? They seem really... rude. I don't think I like them very much." I frowned, handing her a new bottle as she handed me a full one.

She let a small hum out as she thought, "I've met them before and they were asking Coach a lot of questions. I don't think they're rude but maybe just cautious." She said slowly, "You know Kageyama has the potential to be at any large school."

I nodded my head, "I guess you're right." Kiyoko's perspective helped change my thoughts of Kageyama's parents slightly, though i'm still curious about them.

2/1/21
wc: 2665
lightly edited

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
192K 8.3K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
672K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
418K 17K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...