To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Clingy

612 45 5
By julyndav

Ms. Emma helped Adam take the foil bundles of veggies out to the grill. Sitting on the warm part of the grill, the veggies would cook up nice and tender. They had already been seasoned before the packs were closed up. Skylar was a little surprised to see Emma and not Xael with Adam as he came out of the house. After Adam took a seat around the firepit with the others.

"Where's Pup?"

"Dead asleep"

"Asleep?"

"Yeah."

The guys continued to enjoy chatting by the fire. By now the pot of coffee was ready and they guys switched over to that or tea that Ms. Emma had made earlier. They had had enough of the beer for one night.

The meat was done cooking and they all helped bring things in. While Ms. Emma joined in to help get things ready for dinner, Adam went to wake up his Mate. Nuzzling into the side of her head, she whimpered again pulling a comforting growl from her Alpha.

"Xael? Babe? Xael?"

"....hm..."

"Food is ready."

"Mn." She rolled over with eyes still closed and moved into her Alpha's arms, cuddling up to him. Adam chuckled.

"You are so going into heat soon."

"Oh hush! Ow...I have a headache, I shouldn't have taken a nap."

"Come on, I'll get you something for it."

Getting off the couch, she could have slept for 4 more days, but the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen now had her attention. Xael pretty much fell into one of the chairs as her head went right to the table to rest.

"Ms. Emma? Do you have any ibuprofen?"

"Small cabinet right side of the sink."

"You have a headache Xael?"

{Yes, I shouldn't have had that nap.}

"Ha ha ha, you'll feel better after you eat."

Dentin looked over at Emma as Xael hadn't said anything. His sister tapped her forehead indicating that Xael had linked her.

"Ha, I keep forgetting that Pup can do that."

Adam returned with the entire bottle and a glass of ice tea for her. Not even thinking, Xael opened the pill bottle and poured some in her hand. Way more than what any human would take, she popped the handful of pills in her mouth followed by a large gulp of tea. Clapping happily at the impending relief, Xael was hungry. Looking at all the food, her eyes widened. First things first, Ms. Emma made a spirit plate before anyone was allowed to get any food. Houser offered to take it out to the area for her. Emma made sure he had some sage and sent him on his way.

Walking down the small wooded side path, Houser quickly reflected on his decision to move to the small town. To him, it was one of his best decisions and he could see himself really loving it here. He placed the small plate on the tree stump, lit the sage in the burner, closed his eyes and lowered his head as he said a brief prayer. Finished, he inhaled deeply as the smoke from the sage wafted around him. Turning to leave, he saw an extremely large white wolf in front of him.

It was Ja'an, Xael's wolf grandmother.

Houser didn't make any movements or sound. The large white wolf casually walked past him, never taking her eyes off of the older Alpha. When she was out of sight, Houser let out a long, deep breath and hurried back to the house. Storming in the back door, Houser went right to the fridge for another beer. The others quickly picked up on his anxiety, Xael had her head lowered trying not to laugh. Ja'an had linked her seconds ago that she approved of him.

"Houser? You okay?"

"No! I'm not okay!" He had downed half the beer before he reached the table.

"Chief Houser? What happened?" Emma was getting concerned as the color had drained from Houser's face as he finally had a seat.

"That was the BIGGEST wolf I have ever seen in my life!"

"WOLF?" Everyone chimed in at the same time, except for Xael. She felt it best not to say anything.

"I about crapped my pants. No lie!"

"Well how far away was it?" Dentin had never heard of wild wolves coming anywhere near them.

"From me to you!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes!"

"What color was it?" Ms. Emma had a sneaky suspicion that Xael had something to do with this.

"White."

Xael tried to play it off and looked just as surprised as the rest of them. Her Grams wasn't buying it and gave her a look.

{I had nothing to do with that Grammy!}

{You're still a little stinker butt!}

"Well it didn't attack, maybe the smell from the grill attracted it." Sklyar too wanted to get off of the topic and eat. "Let's eat."

The Alpha's filled up their plates. Xael did get a decent amount to eat which put Adam at ease. He felt even better after she had cleaned her plate. Ms. Emma put on another cup of coffee, once it had brewed, she would serve up the pound cake for dessert. Knowing that Xael didn't drink coffee, she put on the tea kettle also.

Xael had moved closer to her Alpha and rested her head on his shoulder. If she could have crawled into his lap, she would have. Adam gave her a kiss on her head which made her giggle quietly. He could tell that she was needing sleep again, growing quiet was a sure sign that his Mate was done with everyone, even family. Before the cake, coffee and tea arrived, Skylar went out to make sure the fire was out and to clean the grill; Adam offered to help. Soon as Adam stood up from the table, Xael moved over to Kai. Adam just shook his head at how clingy she had gotten, it was family so he didn't mind. This was a perfect time for Adam to talk to Skylar one on one.

"Kai bear, will you rub my neck?"

"Sure dork."

"Thank you."

Dentin was a little worried as Xael wasn't someone that was clingy.

"What's wrong with you Pup?"

"Headache isn't going away."

"I see."

"I'll give you two some cake to take with you dearheart. You need to rest with your Alpha."

Xael nodded at what her grandmother said while burying her face into her cousin's shoulder.

"You haven't cuddled up to me since you were little."

"I know, but you smell good and it's helping my headache."

"Little weirdo."

"Big loveable weirdo."

"You're both weirdos!" Dentin and Emma sounded off together.

The timer went off for the cake prompting Emma to take it out the oven. Quickly popping it out the pan, she had it on the cooling rack then searched for a container.

Skylar was cleaning the grill while Adam restocked the wood supply on the back deck.

"Hey Skylar?"

"Yeah?"

"You mind covering for me for a few days?"

"You going somewhere?"

"Xael's getting ready to go into heat again."

"You going to survive this time?"

"Ha ha ha, I'll be fine. It shouldn't be that bad this time."

"You better hope not. Sure, no problem. How did it go with Beau?"

"Fine. I told him if he changes his mind, the doors always open."

"Good. Let's get back inside, I think you need to take Xael home to rest."

"Yeah, I'm sure she'll be asleep before I even make it to the pass. Oh, we want to know if it's okay for us to use the fireplace?"

"Yup. The fireplace and wood stove are both good to go for the winter so fire away."

"Awesome."

Walking into the kitchen again, Emma was serving up pieces of cake onto small plates. She stopped Adam before he got to the table.

"Adam, I put you two pieces of cake in that container. You should probably take Xael home, She's needing some one on one time with you."

"Thanks Ms. Emma." Before Adam got close to her, Xael was up and smiling that he had returned. "You ready for bed sleepyhead?"

"Mn." Xael gave everyone hugs then went straight to her Mate. This time they went out the front. Stepping outside, she perked up as the chilled air hit her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 2.1K 26
For a span of two years, Amira, a twenty-year-old, discreetly avoids her mate within their shared pack. The long-anticipated reunion unfolds as her h...
495K 21.9K 31
(HIGHEST RANK FOR ROMANCE #171) (HIGHEST RANK FOR BWWM #4) Ava is a seventeen year old girl just trying to take care of her five year old brother Tre...
125K 3.8K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...
85.3K 2.6K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...