Her (Harry Potter x Reader)

By acciobambi

Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy... More

Authors Note
Welcome to Hogwarts
Hi Im y/n l/n
Tea Leaves and Girl Talk
Effortlessly
The Kiss
Do I?
The Fat Lady
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Christmas at The Burrow
The Marauders Map and its lies
Buckbeak
The Truth Comes Out
Turning Back the Clock
Daddy Dearest
Qudditch World Cup
The Triwizard Tournament
Game on
A Day of Love
Champion Selection
A Face in the Fire
Harry and Ron
Ferret Boy
First Task
What Could've Been
Finding Dates
Yule Ball
An Underlying Message
Second Task
Barty Crouch Jr.
Third Task
He's Back
About Bloody Time
The Order
Harry's Hearing
A Rocky Start
Umbridge
By Blood
The Deadly Pink Takeover
Dumbledore's Army
Occulemency
Christmas at Grimmauld Place
Reading The Clouds
Caught
Firsts
Into The Ministry We Go
The Department of Mysteries
Sirius
It's Time
Price to Pay
A Bittersweet Reunion
Draco and Mummy
Here We Go Again
Amortentia
Tom Marvalo Riddle
Qudditch Tryouts
Dinner Parties and Eye-Shagging
A Miniute Alone
Unbreakable Vows
Calm Before The Storm
The End of The Burrow
A Poisonous Celebration
Sectumsempra
Liquid Luck
New Wands and Horcruxes
Dumbledore
7 Potters
Before it's too Late
Nightmare Releif
Chaos at the Ministry
Game Night
Dark Magic and it's Effects
No Turning Back
Firewhiskey in France
17
Godric's Hollow
Ron's Return
Xenophelius Lovegood
Muffilato
Snatched
Escaping Malfoy Manor
Dobby
Questions and Unwanted Answers
The Wonders of Polyjuice Potion
Gringotts
Back to Hogwarts
The Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower
The Room of Requirment
Memories
The Boy Who Lived
It All Ends
Her
Epilouge
BONUS - ALTERNATE ENDING

He was their friend

78.5K 2.1K 13.8K
By acciobambi

"We gotta get you to your little girlfriend."

harry pov

"Is there no chance in fixing it?" Professor Lupin asked me as we walked across the castle grounds.

"No." I responded sadly. My broom had been completely destroyed and since I couldn't go to Hogsmede, I'd have to wait until next school year to get a new one. He nodded in understanding and we fell into silence.

I decided to finally ask the question thats been tearing me up for weeks.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean more than anyone esle."

"The dementors are amongst the foulest of creatures to walk this earth. They feed off of every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with absoloutely nothing but fear, saddness, and anger."

He must have seen my confused expression because he then continued "You are not weak Harry, The dementors affect you most of all because there are great horrors in your past. Not many of your classmates can even imagine what you've been through."

"Im scared, Professor"

"Well you'd be a fool if you weren't." He chuckled.

I stopped walking and he turned to look at me "I need to know how to fight them, you could teach me since you fought the dementor on the train."

He looked doubtful and thought for a moment. "I dont pretend to be an expert Harry," He sighed "but as the dementors have seem to developed a particular intrest in you perhaps I should teach you."

"So we'll start after the Holidays then?" I asked a little more cheerful than when we walked out here.

"Yes, for now I need to rest."

~

y/n pov

The Holidays arrived quickly at Hogwarts. All the leaves melted off the trees as the weather grew colder. Everyone always had on their heavy winter coats and scarves. I didn't mind, I've always loved the cold.

I stood in the clock tower with Harry looking out at the winter wonderland our school had become due to the thick layers of snow.

"I can't beleive its almost Christmas" I said "It feels like only yesterday we were on the train on the way here."

"What are you doing for Christmas this year?" he asked.

"I don't want to go home. My father has been ignoring my letters and when he does reply hes always vague and finds something to lecture me about." I looked down

"He's been this way ever since my mother died. I remember every Christmas we used to sit around the tree and sing muggle Christmas songs." I lightly smiled remebering the happy memorys we used to share.

"Now I spend Christmas alone in my room." A tear slipped from my eye, I didn't even notice I had been crying.

Harry lifted my chin to face him and wiped my tear. "There's no reason to cry over him, you have Ron, Hermione, and I now. You can come with us to the Burrow."

"Do you really think Ron's parents would be ok with that?" I asked

"Are you kidding? Ms. Weasly owls me and asks all the time "hows y/n?" "are you and ron every gonna bring y/n to the Burrow?" "tell me hows y/n doing"

I laughed "She sounds lovely"

"Yeah shes like the mother I never had" He said as he turned back to the window. I then realized I had been complaing about my father, when Harry doesnt even have one.

"Oh Im sorry Harry, I shouldn't complain about my father to you"

"Why, because I don't have one?"

I slowly nodded. 

We looked at each other and broke into laughter.

harry pov

It was another Hogsmede trip, the last one before break. I was still upset I never got my permission slip signed but I did have an idea of how I could get there.

I walked with Hermione, Ron, and y/n down to the exit of the castle grounds. They all gave me sympathy hugs and were off.

I quickly ran up to my dorm and grabbed the invisibility cloak. I threw it over myself and started to walk to the courtyard.

Fred and George were there building a snowman. I quietly walked past them hoping they didnt notice my footprints.

Sadly, they did. "Guys let me go!" I said as they grabbed me by the arms.

"Clever Harry-"

"-But not clever enough."

"Besides, we've got a better way." they said as they grinned at each other.

"Guys come on, Im trying to get to Hogsmede." I pleaded.

"We know" they said at the same time before alternating sentences again

"Dont worry,-"

"-We'll get you there-"

"-We'll show you a quicker way-"

"-If you pipe down." They said as they dragged me into an empty staircase.

"Now Harry, come and join the big boys" They pulled off my cloak and handed me a peice of parchment looking proud of what they had just handed me as if it was an acheivment.

I looked down at the empty parchment in front of me then back up at them. "Whats this rubbish?"

Fred laughed "Whats this rubbish he says. That there is the secret to our sucsess."

"Its a wrench giving it to you, beleive me,-" George started.

"-but we've decided your needs are greater than ours. We gotta get you to your little girlfriend." Fred smirked

"She's not my girlfriend" I responded as I rolled my eyes.

"Ah, you say that yet you knew exactly who we were talking about"

"We see the way you look at her, you're not very good at hiding it Harry."

"Im not?" I asked. If they knew I had the slighest crush, well maybe not the slightest crush, on y/n who else did?

"Nope" George said popping the P.

"You asking that only confirms our suspicions." Fred said. I mentally face palmed.

"Now back to the point. I solemly swear that I am up to no good." George said as he pointed his wand at the parchment.

Words began to form on the page. "This is messieurs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauders Map?" I read.

"We owe them so much." George said as Fred nodded.

I opened the parchment to reveal a map of Hogwarts. Not just any map though it had people's names written on it and they were moving.

"Is that really-" I began to ask.

"-dumbledore-"

"-pacing in his study?"

"Yeah, he does that a lot." they said. I looked back down at the map in amazement.

"So you mean this shows everyone?" I asked

"Everyone" Fred confirmed.

"Where they are"

"What they're doing"

"Every minute"

"Of everyday." they said alternating sentences.

"Brilliant" I beamed "Where'd you get it?"

"Nicked it from Filch's office of course" George answered.

"First year" Fred said dreamily, like he was reliving an old memory. "Now listen" he started "There are 7 secret passage aways out of the castle. We'd recommend-"

"This one" they said at the same time as they pointed at the map.

"The one eyed witch passage way, It'll lead you straight under Honey Duke's cellar." Fred explained.

"Now you best hurry, looks like Filch is headed this way."

"Oh and dont forget when you're done just give it a tap and say-"

"-Mischeif managed" they finished together.

"Thanks guys!" I said as I ran off.

~

When I got to the end of the passage I recited "Mischeif managed." and put the map in my pocket.

I opened the cellar door in above me, and sure enough I was in Honeydukes. I threw back on the invisibility cloak and headed up the stairs and out of the store to go find my friends.

y/n pov

I went to The 3 Broomsticks with Ron and Hermione than split up from them to meet up with Draco. It had been a while since we hung out.

We walked to Dervish and Banges and looked around at all the magical equitment. Draco put on a bulky womans wand holder and posed.

I laughed as I took a picture of him. I showed him the picture and we burst out laughing. The store manager shushed us as we exited the store.

"If you ever show that to anyone, I wont hesitate to try out the killing curse on you." he joked.

I rolled my eyes. Draco was actually a good friend and he was really funny. Im pretty sure I'm his only real friend.

He talked to me about how Crabbe and Goyle just feed of his power and how he only keeps Pansy around when he wants to snog.

I hit him in arm "You shouldn't do that to her! She really likes you." I laughed.

"y/n, she doesnt like me, shes obsessed with me." He said emphaizing on obsessed.

Something must have caught his eye because smirked and pulled my arm along. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"You may hate me for this but I can't pass up the opportunity." I then spotted Ron and Hermione at the shreiking shack in front of us.

"Draco, don't you dare." I warned. It was too late.

"Well, well" he started "You two shopping for your new dream home?" he asked them.

Okay this might not be too bad.

"Bit grand for you isnt it Weaselbee? Doesn't your family sleep in uh one room?"

Nevermind.

"Shut your mouth Malfoy" Ron said not making eye contact with him.

"Ooh not very friendly. Boys I think its time we teach Weaselbee how to respect his superiors." He smirked.

I hit him in the arm. "Draco, stop." I said sternly.

"Hope you dont mean yourself." Hermione retorted.

"How dare you talk to me! Filthy little mud blood!" He said to her. I gasped at what he just said and went to stand by Ron and Hermione.

"Draco thats not funny, go away." I said

He was about to say something else when a snowball hit him from the side. I looked to see who threw it but there was no one there.

"Whos there!?" He demanded

Snowballs continued to be thrown at him. "Dont just stand there! Do something!" He yelled to Crabbe and Goyle.

Goyle's hat was pulled over his eyes and Crabbe's pants were pulled down. Something then knocked Crabbe from behind and he fell over.

Hermione and I laughed at the sight of him laying in the snow, whining like a baby.

Goyle's tie was swung around in circles and he started screaming. Draco tripped over Crabbe and started being pulled by his legs towards the shack.

"Whats up Malfoy? Lost your skis?" Ron yelled.

Draco got up and ran, knocking over Crabbe and Goyle. "Get out of the way!" he yelled as he ran back towards the town.

We stood there laughing at the sight of them all running scared.

Suddenly something pulled at the strings on Rons hat and pull at Hermione's hair lightly. I felt two arms wrap around my stomach from behind me and lift me up as I sqeauled.

"Harry!" Hermione beamed

He put me down and tore off his invisibility cloak.

"Bloody hell! You gave me a good scare for a second there." Ron laughed

"How did you get here?" I asked

"Theres a secret tunnel under Honeydukes." He grinned

"Are you gonna be able to start coming to Hogsmede now?" Hermione asked exitedly.

He nodded and we all walked back up to the town while he told us about the Marauders map.

"Those Weasels, never told me about any Marauders map." Ron pouted

"They gave it to me because they said I needed to get to my-" he glanced at me before finishing "-my friends."

"Well hes not going to keep it." Hermione spoke up. "Hes going to turn it over to Professor Mcgonagoll. Aren't you Harry?"

"Oh sure," I rolled my eyes "Along with his invisible blanket." I said

"Oh look its Madam Rosmerta." Hermione said as she wiggled her eyebrows. "Ron fancies her."

"Thats not true!" Ron retorted.

"Professor Mcgonagall, Cornelius!" Madam Rosmerta beamed.

"Ah, Rosmerta! I hope buisness is good" Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of the Magic greeted.

"It'd be a lot better if you weren't sending dementors into my pub every other night!" she said while waving her finger in his face.

"We have a killer on the loose!" He reasoned

"Oh Sirius Black in Hogsmede? What would bring him here?" she asked.

He whispered something in her ear. Her eyes went wide. "Harry Potter!?" she said in shock.

He shushed her and pushed her inside the bar with Mcgonagall trailing behind.

I turned to Harry but he was gone. I saw footsteps leading inside the pub and I realized he had slipped under the invisibility cloak. "Harry wait!" I yelled after him.

The door to the pub opened and his footsteps stopped. We all ran after him but a bobble head stopped us at the door. "No underage wizards allowed today! Now shut the damn door!"

"So rude" Hermione muttered as we walked out. "Did she just call us rude!?" the bobble head said to another.

"What do we do now?" Ron asked.

"We wait" I sighed as I leaned against the wall.

harry pov

"Nobodys going to come to a pub where they're going to get scared out of their wits. Why?" I heard Madam Rosmertas voice say. I followed the voice into a room where her, Cornelius Fudge, and Professor Mcgonagoll were all standing.

"Professor Dumbledore does not want dementors around the place, I can assure you"

"Now then tell me what this is all about." Rosmerta demanded.

"Well, now years ago, when Harry Potter's parents realized they were marked for death, do you remember?" Professor Mcgonagall asked.

Rosmerta nodded.

"They went into hiding. Few knew where they were, One who did was Sirius Black, and he told You Know Who!" Mcgonagall continued.

"Not only did Black lead You know who to the Potters that night, but he also killed one of their friends, Peter Pettigrew!" Fudge said.

Rosmerta gasped "Peter Pettigrew?"

"Yes, little lump of a boy," Mcgonagoll confirmed. "alwys trailing after Sirius Black."

"Ah I remeber him never let James and Sirius out of his sight, but what happened?"

"Well Peter Pettigrew tried to warn the Potters, and might have managed to, had he not run into Sirius Black."

"Black was vicious!" Fudge cut in "He didnt kill Pettigrew, he destroyed him! A finger is all that was left of Pettigrew."

"I dont beleive it." Rosmerta said shaking her head.

"Oh but thats not all, Black was and to this day remains Harry's godfather."

I couldn't listen anymore. I ran out of the pub and pushed througha group of carolors. I didn't know where I was going, I just needed to get away from there.

I walked into the woods behind Honeydukes and sat on a rock. I was feeling so many emotions saddness, confusion, but mostly anger. Anger towards Sirius Black for what he did to my parents, for what he did to me.

All I wanted to do was scream.

"Harry?" I heard a soft voice ask.

I looked up and y/n was slowly walking towards me, following the footprints I had left in the snow.

She kneeled down in front of me. She slowly pulled the cloak off and lightly gasped at my tear streaked face.

"Harry, what happened?"

"He was their friend...and he betrayed them. He was their friend!" I yelled. She looked a little taken back at my tone. "I hope he finds me, because when he does Im going to kill him."

"Oh Harry" she said quietly as she reached her hand up to  wipe my tear. I glad it was y/n who came, I couldn't take Hermione's immediate questions or Ron's uncomforting silence. I needed her.

She cupped my face in her hand and I looked up at her. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back. I cried into her shoulder as she stroked my hair. After a few moments I regained myself.

"Im sorry about that." I apoligized

"Dont be you've helped me like that multiple times. Im happy to return the favor."

We sat on the rock in a comfortable silence for a while. She rested her head on my shoulder and I moved my hand to her knee.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"Just know, I'll always be here for you. Im not one of those people who leave their friends behind when things get rough and something tells me things are going to get rough."

She was right, things were going to get rough but her words were all I needed to calm down.

I smiled knowing no matter what, I'd have my best friend by my side.

-----------------

(2820 words - Published November 8, 2020)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 835 69
"π‘­π’Šπ’π’… π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆. π‘Ίπ’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Šπ’”π’'𝒕 π’Žπ’†." ---------------------- Started: 11/21/20 Completed: ???
290K 5.4K 80
Boys, Boys and more boys (Harry Potter fanfic) going to Hogwarts is going to be a journey full of adventure mysteries and maybe even romance ? *read...
684K 16.4K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...
38.6K 1.5K 49
β•” ═ ═ ═ ═ β•— β•‘ Book Two β•‘ β•‘ of β•‘ β•‘ Four β•‘ β•š ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...