Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 10

12.5K 831 49
By aanchal_89

Soon Cabir, Mukti and Navya were out dressed comfortably.

They all went to a nearby place for lunch.

"I am feeling quite excited.",Navya said with a little jump on her steps as they walked out after having lunch.

Nandini smiled and looked at the rest.

"So where to first?",Mukti asked him.

"Well first we are going to the base village from here. The trek is beautiful and passes through the forest. It takes about 3 hours including the breaks. We will rest there for some time and then the trek to top is about 2 hours. We will camp there and then next morning we come back down visit the nearby places and back to here.",Manik said like a tourist.

" Have you been here before?",Nandini asked him and he nodded.

" Came once during summers. It was beautiful. I did trek at night and there were fireflies and the clear sky. It's a sight to watch.",Manik said and they all were amazed.

" Are we going to see fireflies?",Navya asked him.

"I don't think so. They don't come in this season but I promise you the sight will be beautiful. It's monsoon so there will be greenery and waterfalls. You guys will enjoy it.",Manik said and they all got excited.

" Can we take a stop by those waterfalls?",Cabir asked him.

"Well if we have got extra clothes. Why not.",Manik said and they all cheered.

"Lead the way Captain.",Mukti said pushing him front.

He smiled as he guided them and they all walked on the small muddy trek.

"It can be a little slippery so be careful.",Manik said them and they nodded.

They took a left turn.

"What's in there?",Nandini asked him pointing to the right turn.

"It leads to another trek.",Manik replied and She nodded.

"We are entering the forest.",Manik said them.

Cabir was making videos and clicking pictures of them as well as the surroundings.

"This forest is beautiful.",Mukti said spinning a little.

"So Manik. Why is it the first time you are bringing me here? Where was I when you came here the first time? ",Cabir asked upset looking at the beautiful view.

"Well if you are asking then I must tell you were busy spending time with your ex girlfriend on the beach.",Manik said smirking and Cabir glared at him.

" She wasn't my girlfriend.",Cabir defended himself and gave an innocent smile to Navya who laughs.

" And where was I?",Mukti asked him.

"I don't know but I remember asking you and you said something along the lines of I will get bored with you without cabir.",Manik said narrowing his eyes at her.

She pouted and gives him a big hug.

"You know na how much I love you.",She said blinking her eyes at him and he looks away.

" I know I know. Now stop being cute.",He said pushing her away and she hits his arm.

" Hey guys, look.",Navya said and they all turned to see a peacock on a tree.

"Its so beautiful.",Nandini whispered as Cabir takes a few pictures.

"When I last came here there were mangoes hanging around on those trees.", Manik said them and they all got jealous.

" I feel like we came at the wrong time. We are missing everything.",Navya said and Manik smiled.

"There's a lot more to see. Just wait a little.",Manik said her and she nodded.

They again took a left turn and Nandini looks at him.

"There's a lake if we go right.",Manik said and they nodded.

"That's what I was talking about. Navya look.",Manik said and they all turned and watched small streams and the breathtaking view.

"Wow.",They all said at once.

"Can we please take a break?",Cabir said excited.

Manik looked at them and saw all of them looking at him as if asking his permissions.

"Okay there will be a closer one we will take a break there.",Manik said and Cabir jumps hugging him.

Manik rolled his eyes and nodded.

They put down their bags at a side and went closer to feel the water with their legs.

"Its cold.",Nandini said taking water in her hands and throwing it at Cabir.

He turns to her and smirks.

"You started a war. Cutie.",Cabir said splashing her with both his hands.

" Stop, Stop",Nandini said trying to sheild herself.

The rest three chuckled watching them behave as kids.

Mukti handled the camera to Manik as she dragged Navya with her to click pictures together.

Manik took pictures of them posing around.

He watched Nandini running near them with Cabir following splashing water.

"Goofy I will kill you.",Nandini said trying to splash him too.

"Hey you kids. I am trying to click photos here.",Manik said them but they ignored him.

Nandini tried to open her eyes but failed as cabir kept throwing water and slips getting disbalanced.

Manik tried to hold her but fails and she falls into the water getting wet from top to down.

Everyone had a good laugh watching her sitting there pouting.

"Why didn't you catch me?",She asked Manik annoyed.

" I had camera in my hands and I wasn't ready. You should have told me before slipping.",Manik teased and she glared at him.

Nandini eyes Cabir behind Manik and smiles a little as they eye manik together.

Cabir pushed Manik catching him off guard and he slips landing beside Nandini and they all start laughing.

"Seriously?. Cabir you are dead.",Manik said looking at his wet clothes.

" If your threats were real. I would have been dead for 10 years now.",Cabir said with a smirk as he took their photos.

Mukti and Navya stood beside them not letting them get out as they all took selfies with the waterfall behind.

Manik stood up and walked out followed by others.

"Just look at me.",Manik said glaring at Cabir.

"Hey you are not the only one.",Nandini said trying to take water out of her hairs.

"You were as much responsible as him for this.",Manik said and she bite her lips to stop herself from smiling.

" Okay you guys stop now. So how far are we from the base village?",Mukti asked him.

"Around 30 to 40 minutes.",Manik said.

" Okay then I will change when we reach there. It will probably dry out in a while.",Nandini said as she started wearing her shoes.

" Okay then I also don't have any problem. Let's go.",Manik said and they all started picking their bags.

" Hey you guys want some tea and snacks.",Cabir asked and they all nodded.

" Okay.",Cabir said and got tea and pakora for all of them.

Nandini took a sigh of relief drinking that hot cup of tea.

"This is so exciting.",Mukti said eating the pakora.

They all agreed and continued their journey again.

Soon they reached the base village and Manik walked to a local villager and others followed clueless.

He talked with him for a while before gesturing towards the others to come inside.

They all went inside his house.

"We can change here and get freshened up.",Manik said them and they all nodded.

"They are so good people. Offering their houses for strangers to stay in. Wow. ",Navya exclaimed as they look around.

A lady walked nandini to the bathroom to get changed and manik went to change as well. The rest three sat down talking with the villagers about their life and hearing stories.

"Manik, Cutie you must hear the stories Chacha has been telling us. He has caught a leopard once when he was young. How cool is that? ",Cabir said excited as they walked out after getting changed.

They all spend some time there talking with them and hearing their stories before Cabir clicked a picture of them together as they were ready to start again.

"There is a temple on the way.",Manik tells them as they started trekking again.

"So what is this temple about? Is there any cool stories about it.",Navya asked him.

"I don't know much about it. We can look around for 5 minutes before starting again. ",Manik said them and they agreed as they reached the temple and looked around for some time taking pictures before starting again.

"If we walk a little faster. We will be able to see the sunset from the top. ",Manik told them as they walked around in the golden light taking in the view.

They all walked a little faster.

Seeing the trek was pretty much straightforward. Nandini and Cabir had a race to outreach one another.

"They are like kids. What are they even doing?",Manik asked watching the two.

" They are just having fun. It's not that bad. ",Mukti said smiling watching them and Manik looked at Navya who nodded in understanding.

" I get it. I am habituated to it now.",Navya said and he makes a sorry face.

"I feel for you bro.",he said and she smiled.

"Hey. You guys are too slow. We will miss the sunset.",Cabir yelled at them from the distance.

"Navya come here fast.",Cabir calls for her and she smiles at Manik before making a run to reach him.

He wrapped his hand around her as the trio walked together.

Manik smiled at Mukti and wrapped his hand around her shoulders as they walked together.

"I am so happy for him.",Mukti said taking a picture of the three of them from back.

" Me too. ",Manik said and she smiled turning the camera to take selfies.

"I am happy for us too. We got some good friends. I love the girls. ",Mukti said as she made a funny face.

Manik smiled and nodded kissing her forehead.

"I know. They are nice.",he said again and she smiled back.

"Hey you guys. Hurry up.",Cabir yelled again and Manik rolled his eyes.

"C'mon he won't shut up otherwise.",Manik said as they ran a little to reach them.

"Hey guys, look that's the end and sun is about to set too.",Nandini said pointing at the top and then looked at Cabir smirking.

"Race you guys till there.",Cabir said and Navya and Mukti nodded.

They looked at Manik and he nodded too.

They all started running and soon reached the top.

"Wow.",Navya whispered watching the sunset.

"Worth it.",Cabir said hugging her from side as they watched the sunset.

"Totally worth it.",Nandini said as she stood beside Mukti trying to catch her breath.

"It's beautiful.",Mukti said and they smiled at each other.

Manik looked at his friends and smiled taking a picture of them.

"I don't think I am ever gonna forget it.",Nandini said and smiled a little watching the sun finally set.

They all sat down on the top and looked around the golden sky and the green mountains and streams flowing around them.

"Thank you so much for this.",Nandini said to all of them.

"Yeah it's a nice change from the beach and the clubs.",Mukti agreed and they nodded.

" Okay guys we need to start a fire as it can get cold soon on top of here.",Manik said and they nodded agreeing.

" So are we camping here?",Navya asked.

"Well usually people camp down a little about 10 minutes distance from here but seeing it's not windy in here today. We can camp on top. We will rent the tents from the place below. ",Manik said and they nodded.

" You took care of everything.",Nandini said surprised.

"Nandini he is the best person to plan a trip. He takes care of everything and you don't have to worry about anything and just have fun.",Mukti said hugging Manik and he smiles at her.

"Unlike this idiot. He planned a trip once and spoilt everything. ",Mukti said pointing at Cabir who looked at her annoyed.

"Hey I tried my best.",Cabir said and everyone laughed.

" So will you guys be able to start a fire? I will get the tent from the place below.",Manik asked them.

" I can get the tent.",Cabir said him.

" You sure you won't get lost?",Manik asked teasing him a little.

" I will go with him.",Navya said and Nandini gave a teasing smile to Navya and Cabir and he winked at her in return.

"Now they are definitely getting lost.",Mukti commented making Navya blush.

" Its just a straight path. Be safe you two.",Manik said and they nodded.

They left and Mukti and Nandini started collecting wood and bringing to Manik as he arranged them.

After having enough they sat down.

"You guys ready?",he asked them and they nodded immediately rubbing their palms.

Manik light the wood with his lighter and soon there was fire.

"Yes",Nandini said giving Mukti a hi-five.

" Now there's one more thing to do.",Mukti said as she took out the speakers and played it on full volume.

"Do you think they got lost?",Nandini asked looking at the way Cabir and Navya went.

She looked up hearing no answer and found Mukti busy dancing to the music holding the speakers in her hands.

She turns to Manik and he raised his eyes.

"I can't hear you.",he yelled for her to hear.

" Do you think they got lost?",Nandini yelled for him to hear.

" They will be fine.",Manik said and Nandini frowned before getting closer.

"They will be fine.",he yelled near her ears and she moved away holding her ears.

"I will be deaf soon.",She said glaring at him.

He smirked and pulled Mukti down who frowned at him.

" What?",She asked annoyed.

He lowered the volume of the speaker.

"Now you can continue with your dance.",Manik said and she glared at him slapping his arms.

"Nandini, C'mon let's dance. He is being his boring self as usual.",Mukti said pulling Nandini to stand with her.

" Hey. ",Manik said offended.

Nandini laughed as she danced with Mukti.

"You guys are weird.",Manik said watching them and clicked some pictures for them.

He smiled to himself seeing that genuine smile on Nandini's face and felt as if he achieved something big.

"Hey look who's back finally.",Manik said and the girls looked back to see Navya and Cabir walking along with an unknown guy.

"They brought a company as well.",Nandini said as Manik stood beside them to look at them coming.

" The guy is hot.",Mukti said and Nandini nodded.

"I agree. Look at those biceps.",Nandini said and Mukti nodded as she watched him carry the tents.

"Oh my god. He has dimples too.",Mukti said sidehugging Nandini.

"I know right. Can he get anymore cute.",Nandini replied as they watched him laugh at something Cabir said.

Manik cleared his throat to get their attention but failed.

"Here they come.",Mukti whispered as they stood straight.

" So you guys had fun? ",cabir asked them.

" We had.",Manik said him.

" By the way this is Abhi. He and his friends are camping down. He was nice enough to help us carry those tents. ",Navya said and Mukti and Nandini smiled wide at him.

" Hello. ",Nandini said with a smile.

"Thank you so much.",Mukti said and Manik rolled his eyes at her drama.

"Well it's not a problem.",Abhi said with a smile and Navya gestured smile with her hands to the girls and they nodded smiling in appreciation at his dimples.

" Umm.. if you guys want to then you can join us. We have got dinner and music and everything. You will have fun.",Abhi offered them.

" No, Thank you we have already started the fire here... ", Manik started saying but Mukti stamped his legs shutting him up..

" That's very nice of you to offer. We will join you guys soon after putting up the tent. ",Mukti said and he nodded.

" I will get going now. See you guys soon. ",Abhi said putting the tents down and waved at them before walking down.

" Bye. ",Mukti said in a trance before Manik pushed her.

"That hurts.",Manik said annoyed.

"I am sorry but he was so cute why would you even think to deny the offer. Do you want your best friend to die single like you. ",Mukti said and he rolled his eyes before wrapping his hand around her neck squeezing her.

"Cabir, Help, Help.",Mukti said and Cabir freed her wrapping his hand around her and she pull out her tongue at Manik teasing him.

"I will throw you from here.",He said picking up a tent.

"But you will miss me then. ",Mukti said making an innocent face and Manik shakes his head at her mood and behaviour.

"Come and help me, you stupid girl.",Manik said and she walked to him.

"Are they always like that?",Nandini asked curious to Cabir seeing a complete different side of Manik when he is with Mukti.

"Yes. I am feeling so jealous even saying this but he loves her even more than me.",Cabir said and Navya smiled patting his head affectionately.

" If I am being completely honest with you guys then let's just say his life is empty without her. I mean I am as important to him as he is to me but she holds a different place in his life. He trusts her so damn much. I am jealous most of the time. ",Cabir said and both laugh a little at the expressions he made before Navya hugged him.

"I will go put up my tent.",Nandini said leaving them alone.

She tried to put up the tent but kept struggling and got frustrated.

"Need some help?",Manik asked from behind and she nodded.

He explained her how to do it and she listened carefully doing the same.

"You are a quick learner.",Manik said proud and she smiled happy.

She put her things inside her tent and grabbed a jacket for herself.

"It's cold in here.",Navya said as Cabir wrapped his hand around her.

"You can sleep in my tent.",Cabir said and she blushed making him smile.

"Let's go. Let's go.",Mukti said excited and they smiled.

"He isn't that good compared to the last guy you were with.",Manik said taking his jacket and putting out the fire.

" Well he is cute and he has got dimples. ",Mukti said and Manik made a face along with Cabir as they all started walking down.

" What's with girls crushing on guys having dimples?",Cabir wondered and Manik agreed.

"The same as guys crushing on girls with long legs. ",Navya answered and Nandini and Mukti cheered for her.

"We guys don't fall for just legs. There are other things too that we look at. ",Manik said and everyone stared at him.

He cleared his throat.

"I meant inner things. Personality, attitude. ",Manik said and they started laughing.

" Are we talking about the same topic?",Mukti said and the girls laughed again.

"Cabir?",Manik asked for some support.

"Sorry Manik but I had to agree with girls here.",Cabir said.

" You have a girlfriend. You idiot.",Manik said him.

" I know and I like her but that doesn't mean I am gonna deny the fact how guys are.",Cabir said and Manik rolled his eyes.

" C'mon, there are guys who look more than that. For them personality, attitude matters.",Manik defended his statement.

" Yeah the ones who are looking to hire someone for a job.",Nandini commented and they all laughed loudly making Manik annoyed.

" Manik you will lose this argument. Give up.",Cabir said him.

"Nope I have the responsibility of all those innocent guys in my shoulders.",Manik said and Cabir rolled his eyes.

" Okay then. Me and Navya are out of here. You guys continue.",Cabir said as they reached the place.

" I am gonna prove to you guys there are still some guys left for whom other things matter.",Manik said them.

" Well good luck trying. There are many guys around here. Try finding one from here and I will believe you.",Nandini said and Manik nodded confident.

" And if I did?", Manik asked her.

"Okay this is interesting. Let's place a bet.",Mukti said and they looked at her.

" No he doesn't play fair. Last time I won and he didn't do whatever I wanted.",Nandini complained to Mukti.

" Okay how about this time I will do 2 things for you whatever and whenever you say it. You have my word.",Manik said her.

" And in return?",She asked him.

" If I win. First you girls got to take back the statement about boys and second you do something for me.",Manik said and Nandini thinks about it.

" What are you thinking about so hard? Are you believing that innocent man exists?",Manik instigated her and she looks at Mukti who nodded confidently.

" Okay you have the deal.",Nandini said him.

"Great. Let's start the fun.",Mukti said and they nodded walking in.

The camping area was beautiful they have started a bonfire in the middle with snacks table on one side. They also were small lights decorated around.

"Okay so how are we gonna find out if he's a regular guy or an innocent guy. ",Mukti asked them.

" Simple. Manik goes near them get a little friendly and starts commenting about girls hoping the guy would join in. ",Nandini suggested.

" Such a shitty plan it is. Why would I even comment about anyone and why do you think he will join in? He will punch me. ",Manik said them frowning.

" Because that's what regular men do.",Nandini said and Manik glared at her.

" You have a very bad opinion about men and I am gonna change that and then you will have to take back whatever you said. ",Manik said determined.

They kept discussing thinking of ideas when Abhi came near them.

"Hey",He said greeting everyone then smiled at Mukti.

"Come join us. We are starting the music.",He said them and they nodded.

"Do you guys want something to eat? You can take whatever you want from there.",He said and they nodded.

He left from there.

" Isn't he so sweet?",Mukti said them.

" He can't be sweet for no reason. I bet he knows who I am.",Manik said and the girls rolled their eyes.

" Thought you were supporting boys but you are proving my point here.",Nandini said him and he frowned.

" Tell us when you find your innocent man.",Mukti said him before pulling Nandini to dance.

Manik sat by the fire watching his friends enjoying as he studied the boys determined to prove them wrong.

Mukti went near Abhi after some time and Nandini came to get some water as she sat by the fire.

"So any progress so far.",She asked him.

"Well it would be if I get to talk with them but from the looks of it. None.",Manik said her.

" I told ya.",Nandini said him and he narrowed his eyes at her.

"So you are saying you have never met an innocent man.",Manik asked her.

She looked at him as she gets lost in thought.

He watched her expressions and gets confused when he couldn't read her.

"No I haven't.",She replied after a while and Manik stares at her for a while before nodding.

"What about Aditya? He is your good friend. He seemed nice.",Manik said as he sipped his drink.

" I never said regular men aren't nice and sweet. He is just not an innocent man.",Nandini said him and he nodded thinking about it.

" What about Cabir? No forget it. Wrong question.",Manik said immediately realising Cabir's life before Navya.

Nandini laughs at that.

"What are you guys doing here? ",Cabir said as he saw them and walked closer.

" Anyway. Let's dance. Come.", Cabir said pulling Manik up as Navya pulled Nandini.

They had fun for a while dancing around as Mukti joined them too.

Nandini watched everyone and smiled.

"Thank you.",She whispered seeing everyone dancing and laughing having fun.

"I am hungry.",Navya said her.

" Me too",Mukti said her.

" Okay let's go and have something. ",Nandini said them.

Her eyes met with Manik who was staring at them concerned.

"Food",she mouthed and he nodded as the trio went to the food section.

A man was holding a tray of brownies and they took one each.

"It's tasty.",Mukti said as others nodded agreeing.

They went on to have some chips and took a beer each.

"God, my head feels heavy from just half a beer.",Nandini said holding her head.

" Do you think there was something in the brownies?",Navya asked looking at the board and they turned to it.

"Great",Nandini said as she saw two different sections of brownies with boards.

The trio looked at each other in horror.

"Manik is going to kill all of us.",Mukti said and they looked at each other.

"No no nothing will happen. We are going to make sure they didn't notice. We just had one brownie. How strong would it be?",Nandini said encouraging them.

" Agree. Let's just go and sleep.",Navya said and they nodded.

" Hey. You guys took a long time.",Cabir said wrapping his hand around Navya and she gives him a big smile.

Mukti and Nandini looked at each other realising it was strong.

"What's wrong?",Manik asked and Mukti starts panicking.

"Nothing. We are just a little tired. We should go back.",Nandini said and they looked at them confused.

" Mukti you don't want to spend sometime with your dimple guy?",Manik asked surprised.

" Yeah I mean I do but I am just a little tired. I am gonna make a fool out of myself.",Mukti said and Nandini sighed.

Navya was just smiling leaning on Cabir's shoulder.

"Manik let's go back. Navya looks like she will sleep on me.",Cabir said and Manik nodded.

Nandini smiled at Navya who winked at her smiling widely.

"Okay let's go.",Manik said watching all three of them.

Nandini and Mukti were walking holding each other hands as Navya walked holding Cabir.

"You guys are weird",Manik said as he watched the two girls walking with Mukti holding Nandini.

"I feel it was quite strong. Everything feels like it's moving and this fucking uphill.",Mukti said to Nandini irritated and Nandini laughs.

"I know.",she said laughing again.

Cabir gives her a look along with Manik but let it be as they reached their tent.

"I am sleeping.",Mukti said as she went to her tent along with Navya.

"Bye.",Nandini said getting inside her tent.

Manik and Cabir looked at each other before going into their tents.

Nandini tries sleeping but felt like everything's moving whenever she closed her eyes.

She sat straight and tried distracting herself drinking a lot of water to calm herself.

"Great",She said as she felt her stomach heavy and got out of the tent.

She watched around before wrapping the jacket close to her and walking down to finish her business.

She came back after a while and sighed.

"I don't think I will be getting any sleep soon.",Nandini muttered to herself before sitting out taking her blanket.

" Wow",She whispered to herself as she watched the stars in the clear sky.

She lay down on the blanket and kept staring at it lost in her thoughts.

"Hey",She heard a voice and jumps up scared and looked back.

"You scared me.",She said as she calmed herself.

He smiled and sat down near the fire area and started the fire.

"You should have started the fire. You would freeze to death if you stayed up like this.",Manik said as he warmed himself up a little.

" What are you doing out here?",Nandini asked him.

"Came to check on Mukti. She was behaving weird.",Manik said before looking at Nandini and walking close.

"What are you doing here? Couldn't sleep?",he asked her.

"Something like that. Also this view is amazing.",Nandini said him before laying down looking at the stars.

" Have a seat",she said to him and he walked seating beside her.

" So did you find anyone?",Nandini said turning to look at him.

" Well I would have if we didn't come back so early.",Manik said and she gives him a small smile.

" What was wrong earlier?",Manik asked her and she looked at him.

"You guys were behaving weird and you were lying.",Manik said her and she looked at him surprised but sighs knowing he was always able to see through her expressions no matter how hard she tried.

"We may have accidentally had some spiked brownies instead of plain and were kind of a little trippy. Mukti was scared you would get angry on her so we just left from there.",Nandini said her and expected him to get angry but he just laughed and she was surprised witnessing the carefree laugh and wondered if she was the reason behind it.

He kept laughing as she stared at him in daze.

"Why are you laughing?",Nandini asked after a while and he looked at her and shake his head.

"You guys are silly. Why would I be angry? Its funny and embarrassing.",Manik said her and she gets a little annoyed at that fact.

"That's why you aren't able to sleep.",Manik said laughing again and she glares at him.

"As much as you look good while laughing it's getting annoying knowing it's on my behalf.",Nandini said and he stopped laughing and looked at her surprised.

There was a silence for a while before Nandini gets uncomfortable and decides to speak up.

"So as I won you have to do two things for me.",Nandini said him and he nods in no.

" No I still have one person I know is an innocent man.",Manik said and she looked at him.

" Who?",She asked genuinely curious.

"Me.",he said pointing to himself and Nandini got up and sat comfortably.

"What do you mean me?",She asked to confirm.

"I wonder why I didn't notice it earlier. We never made any rule that I can't consider myself and I am included in this whole men thing. So yeah here I am presenting you an innocent man.",He said and she narrowed her eyes at him.

" So you are saying you never ever approached someone just for their looks or physique or made comments or objectified them not even during high school or college.",She asked finding it hard to believe.

" Nope. I didn't.",he said with a hard smile and she frowns before thinking about it.

Soon she realised what he meant.

"Yeah as you already noticed I don't like being touched by people. It has it's disadvantages but the thing I like about is it gives me a different perspective to look at people. Also I never thought making fun of someone no matter who that person was made you look cool.",Manik said noticing she realised.

" I didn't know you had it for a long time.",She said and he nods looking at the mountains.

" It's been long.",He replied as he thought about it and she felt sad for him.

" Can I ask something?",She said him and he smirked looking at her.

"Do I get to ask something in return?",he asked and she nodded thinking about it.

"How do you manage to get by people without making any physical contact? I mean being a businessman isn't it hard. You probably have to shake hands with every third person.",Nandini asked him confused.

He smiled at that.

" Its been long so I have kind of got adapted to it. I don't have issue with minimal touches anymore if I am the one who is initiating it. Handshakes are okay you can say. It's hard with strangers but after few meetings I get by fine.",he said her and she nodded still having lots of questions in her mind.

She turns to him curious ready to ask another question.

"No, you said one question. Now it's my turn.",Manik said immediately and she nods pouting.

"Why are you still working for Soniya? I understand she is your friend but you too know you are worth more than what you get. You can easily work for a big company and earn thrice the amount and do less work.",Manik asked and Nandini looked at him surprised.

"I enjoy working with her.",She said and Manik narrowed his eyes at her.

"I thought being honest was an unspoken rule.",Manik said and she smiles.

"I am being honest. I really enjoy working for her.",Nandini said again looking at him.

" You haven't ever worked anywhere else so how can you judge. I have been to your office thrice and I have seen you do work of three persons. ",Manik said and she smiles.

" It's a start-up company manik. There are more work and less people. I know I haven't worked elsewhere but I know the kind of freedom I get with my work here I won't be getting anywhere. The mutual trust and understanding is there. I like it here. ",Nandini said him honestly.

" So no matter how much trouble and hardwork you have to do. You are gonna stay here. ",Manik asked confused.

" Yup I am loyal to her.",Nandini said with a distant smile.

"What if she leaves?",Manik asked and she looked at him and remembers what soniya had said her earlier and a frowns appear on her face before she puts on a small smile.

"It's her choice. I will be supportive of her. ",Nandini said and Manik was surprised.

" I didn't know you were this close to Soniya. ",Manik said and she smiles.

" She isn't just a friend. She is more like an elder sister. I have known her for 8 years now. I am where I am today all because of her. I owe her a lot and I am going to make sure I do everything I can for her. ",Nandini said with a small smile as she thinks about her.

"So as I won the bet. You are gonna have to do one thing for me and apologize too. ",Manik said her changing the topic and she was more than glad he didn't ask anymore questions.

" I am not.",She said smirking and he looks at her surprised.

"What?",He asked her.

"You didn't do what you had to do in the last bet I won. So I won't do it too. ",Nandini said him getting up.

" That's cheating. ",Manik said glaring at her.

" I know. ",She said picking her blanket and walking to her tent.

" Hey that's not fair.",Manik said standing up too.

"Don't forget to put out the fire.",she instructed opening her tent.

"Nandini",Manik said frustrated.

"Good Night Manik.",Nandini said getting inside her tent and he glared at her tent before mumbling goodnight and putting out the fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 37.5K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
You and I By

General Fiction

44K 3.6K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...
220K 13.8K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
545K 44.4K 64
"Don't! Don't ever do that to me." "It's my life my choice!" "It's not!" "Why do you think so?" "Because YOU ARE MINE FOREVER AND ALWAYS" "Wow! Am I...