When I Finally Step Out .

By Hijabi-baby

Tortured by the man he calls her father for so long , she almost dies in his hands but still adamantly vowing... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 50

49 6 2
By Hijabi-baby

" It says here that the killer unbeknownst to the victims injects an unidentified poison into their system which slowly kills sending them to their maker after their untimely death . " - I continued .

" That's wickedness , "- Mark grumbled .

" Symptoms from the poison are ;
1. Dizziness .
2. Fatigue .
3. Rashes around the neck .
4. Sore throat .
5. Headaches then lastly a Heart Attack which eventually kills them .

" Oh no ! Do you guys remember Miss. Summer complaining about having a headache , "- Beatrice exclaimed .

" Yes but it could also just be a regular headache , "- Jared intersected .

" So did Mrs. Haleema , she was the woman I made you guys help send to the hospital , "- I explained .

" Ok that's set , we have to go to the elderly home now , " - Maya rushed .

We rushed still with the journal in hand as we entered the car .

I opened the journal and continued reading .

" It also says here that the killer has killed approximately thirteen elderly people being nine females and four males. "-

" How can the killer do these acts and still has not been caught ! "- Kelvin exclaimed .

" I know and help me if we finally catch that killer , he or she is going receive two painful slaps on the cheeks right away ! "- I remarked with gritted teeth .

" You're not the only one because we are all going to have a piece of that killer's cheeks , " - Mark also remarked .

" Ok , the head of the elderly home ; Mr. David McDonald has been complaining a lot about the crowd now living there , he claims he pays for everything himself and isn't attaining any help from the Mayor which to him is unfair . It seems that he has his grandma living there as well ; Mrs. Helen McDonald . "-

" I'm not sure because of this he will tend to killing old people right , I mean if he truly is the killer then he might have some mental issues which needs to be solved soon . "- Maya reasoned .

" But then he wouldn't gain anything from killing his clients because then people would be scared to bring their grandparents , "- Jared joined in .

" So that means he should be ruled out right ? "- Kelvin asked .

" Not yet , maybe but he's still a suspect "- Beatrice replied .

" We have to ask Mrs . Helen a few questions when we get there as well , "- I decided .

" Ok then what about the head doctor ; Mr. Bernard Atkins " - Mark asked making me flip a page .

" Says here that ;
He began working there a week before the murders began .

" He is in a very bad place right now , why would he even start killing just a week after working there ? "- Maya asked a rhetorical question .

" I don't know but I think a killer would be smart enough to avoid leaving any evidence . What if it was one of the nurses even who just wants to set the Doctor up as bait , " Kelvin continued .

" But if it was one of the nurses then our job would be made very difficult for us . "- Jared intervened . " We're here guys , "- he later alerted .

We got out of the car and silently headed inside .

" It's locked , " - Mark whispered .

" Maybe there's an open window or back door somewhere "- Kelvin insisted .

We nodded and split up to find any opportunity inside the home .

I froze when I knocked over a trash can immediately lifting the lid to make it shut up .

I sighed out of relief when no one came out and placed the lid carefully on the ground .

I continued to search until I saw a nurse coming out of a back door .

Yes !

I calmed myself and waited for the coast to be clear as I tiptoed inside .

I peeked my head out and called for the others to come in .

We were all now inside as we carefully walked around the closed facility .

" What are we going to do now ? " - Beatrice asked .

" We have to find Mrs . Helen , "- I replied .

" Meaning we have to go through the receptionist right ? "- Kelvin asked .

" Yep and I'm hoping that it's Mrs. Grace Maryday , " - I nodded making us move to the desk .

" Mark , go ! "- I urged sending him away to make ruckus .

We hid carefully until we heard Mrs . Grace ask who was there . We soon watched her walk away from her desk in joy as Maya rushed to it and searched for Mrs . Helen's room .

She nodded and quickly ran back to us .

" That lady almost caught me , " - Mark huffed behind startling us all .

" What's wrong with you , "- I whisper scolded .

" Let's just get moving "- Jared urged which made it difficult because the hallway to Mrs . Helen's was tiled making noise anytime we took a step .

" Let's just take these off , " - Kelvin complained already taking off his shoes . We each took off our footwares and continued our walk .

" We finally reached room 509 as we pushed the already opened door " -

We watched in shock as one of the nurse injected something into Mrs . Helen's shoulder.

" So it's you ! " - I finally spoke out to the red haired nurse .

" What are you talking about ? " - she asked puzzled .

" You're the killer ! "- Maya continued .

" What ! A killer ? "- she asked again as Mark and Jared caged her hands .

" Then what did you inject her with ? Huh ! " - Beatrice angrily asked .

" It's to help her sleep , she had been complaining about this recently plus we have been injecting her with it for weeks too , "- she explained .

I nodded and went to check on her , she had no rashes on her neck , her breathing was steady . She looked fine .

I shook my head making the guys let go of the nurse .

" And who are you kids anyway ? " - she asked dusting herself .

" We are ... The children of Mr . McDonald's cousin , brother's auntie's godfather's mother's kids . " - Kelvin replied with a smile .

" Ok then , I'll just leave you to it . "- she replied with a smile while heading out with a phone in hand .

" She's definitely going to call security " - Mark grumbled running towards her , covering her mouth to silence her screams .

" We are not bad people , we are just looking for a killer who kidnapped my - my mom that's all "- I tried to reason with her .

" SECURITY ! " She yelled immediately Mark let go of her mouth .

" It's no use , we have to hide her , " - Mark explained as he and the boys tied her up .

" We are so sorry , we promise to come untie when Mrs . Lee is found "- Beatrice apologized before hiding her in a closet .

" We can't ask Mrs . Helen questions since she's asleep , " - Maya groaned .

" Let's go check on Miss . Summer then , " - I replied .

" Did you get her room number ? " - Kelvin asked Maya .

" Yeah it's five rooms ahead of here . "- she replied leading there . We walked there and carefully opened the door .

" Guys ? Are you seeing what I'm seeing ? " - Mark asked scared .

" Yes , " - my voice coming out broken .

" An empty room ? "- Jared continued .

" Ok that's it I'm tired of all this , We are going to have a little chat with Mr . Bernard Atkins "- I said in anger already walking to his office .

" Do you even know his office ? " - Beatrice asked also following me with the others .

" No but I'm sure he would have his label in front of his office , " - I replied searching intently for his name .

" Found it , " - Jared whispered directing us to the office .

" You're under arrest Mr . Bernard Atkins . " - I yelled immediately i stepped my foot in there .

He raised his hands and calmed down once he saw us but quickly became angry after a second .

" What are you kids doing here ? " - he asked a little angry .

" We know you killed all those elderly people ! "- I headed straight to the point .

" What ? What would make you even think of such ! " - he asked .

" Really , I mean the murder immediately began a week after your arrival "- Mark joined in .

" That doesn't prove anything ! "- he yelled .

" Ok then , what's your alibi . "- Jared asked while we circled around his desk .

" Well for one I hardly take care of them since I make my assistants do all the work , "- he replied .

" What a lazy doctor , " - Beatrice remarked .

" I wouldn't be this lazy If the mayor paid us well ! " - he spat back .

" Ok then , are you even investigating their deaths ? " - I asked glaring him down .

" Why would I investigate a bunch of old people dying , it wasn't part of the job description anyway , "- he replied nonchalantly .

" Really you don't care right ,then you wouldn't care when we get you fired ! "- I angrily replied .

" Let's not go too far , I did do a little investigation but I only found out that the killer was an amateur by the way he injected the poison . It was a very sloppy work if I may say ,"- he rambled in fear .

* Sigh *

" Thank you Dr. Atkins "- Beatrice thanked while we left his office .

I opened the journal and continued reading .

"Mrs . Grace Maryday works on her desk every single day since she is the only receptionist available ."-

" The Mayor is definitely not governing this town well , how can there be one receptionist 24/7 . "- Maya grumbled .

" Since she has no one to take care of her only son her husband picks him from school and brings him here where he plays around . She recently leaves her post and heads to Mr. Bernard's office , "- I paused .

" I smell an affair here and it sure reeks , "- Kelvin exclaimed shaking his head.

" Maybe that isn't what it looks like , " - Mark replied thinking .

" We know you killed those elderly people ! " - I accused immediately we got down from the elevator and circled around her .

" And why would you think that ? " - she replied shaken.

" I remember your comments you know , when we came visiting . "- I continued .

" How would I even kill them if they are all the way up there , "- she justified .

" We have valid information from a reliable source that you have been going to Mr . Bernard Atkins' office recently ,"- I accused further .

" That's because that shameless man has been hitting on me even though I told him I have a husband . Ugh this is so faustrating and I don't even know why I'm telling you kids this , "- she huffed in exhaustion .

" Why would you go there , then . "- Mark asked .

" To warn him off of course but he's so adamant , that slapworthy jerk ! "- she explained herself in annoyance .

" But do you know anything about the killer ? "- Beatrice asked .

" Just that , the victims are injected three times and the third time is when they die . "- she helped .

" And that's all you know ? "- Maya asked .

" No , the victims don't die here actually . They all die at Peace and Love hospital . "- she continued . " And I think you should leave this case for the sheriff , don't you kids think ? "- she advised .

" My mom has been kidnapped by the killer and we can't just sit around and wait to hear any bad news , "- I answered .

" Security ! "- we heard Mr . Bernard's voice .

" Hurry , hide behind my desk " - she insisted .

We quickly huddled behind her desk and waited for a signal .

" Hello beautiful Maryday , " - I heard Mr. Bernard flirt .

" I told you to stop that Bernard , " - Mrs. Grace scolded .

" You know I'm never going to stop until I win your heart , " - he flirted again .

" My heart is already taken so I don't know what you're talking about , "- she replied busying herself with the computer .

" Don't underestimate me beautiful , but aside from that have you seen any meddling teenagers around here ? "- he finally asked .

" No , "- she bluntly replied .

" Oh well then at least honor me with a goodbye kiss , " - he asked and I'm sure his lips are already facing her .

* Thaw *

We jumped after hearing that sound , did she slap him ?

" Don't ever utter such nonsense to me in your miserable life ! " - she warned .

" Whatever , I'll just take that as a slap of love , beautiful . " - he arrogantly replied .

" Urghh ! "- Mrs . Grace groaned.

" Sorry about that , could you also do us a favour and free a nurse in Mrs . Helen's room ," - we requested after the apology .

" Wait what ? ... * Sigh * No problem , there are two elders in Peace and Love hospital right now . I'll also free the nurse , don't worry . "- she stated staring at her computer screen .

" Miss . Summer Hathaway and Mrs . Saeed Uthman . "- she listed leaving us stunned .

We thanked her and rushed to the hospital immediately .

" Finish the journal , " - Kelvin urged .

* Gasps *

" There's nothing else , the rest is all blank ... " - I gasped , my heart tightening .

" I need a drink , "- I raised my head to calm myself down and opened the lid but my violently shaking hand refused to hold unto the bottle as the water poured on the book .

" There's something forming on the sheets , look. " - Maya pointed out .

I got startled as I stared at the killer's name , how come we didn't figure this out earlier .

" But - but - how is this even possible , " - Jared mumbled .

" This can't be , "- I mumbled to myself .

" Jared drove as fast as he could but careful enough not to draw in any cops .

We got down and ran towards the receptionist .

" Has anyone visited Miss . Summer Hathaway ? "- i asked in a rush .

" Yes actually , he insisted he wanted to see his Grandma for the last time , while her mom waited outside . "- the blonde receptionist responded with a smile . That's a lie for sure ! " -

" We need to get him back home ."- Beatrice insisted as we dashed unto the stairs racing as fast as we can to keep things from escalating .

We pushed the door open and yelled a unison.

" Stop ! " - making him pause his deathly injection .

" Why are you doing this ? " - I asked saddened .

" Its so fun playing doctor ! "- he exclaimed excitedly .

" What ? And who told you that ? "- I asked slowly walking towards him .

" Mrs. McDonald , "- he replied with another innocent smile .

" Nathaniel , give me the needle please " - I politely asked .

" Ok , " - he placed the needle in my trembling hand with a yawn .

I looked at Miss . Summer who was sound asleep all along .

" So are you the one who has been injecting the old people ? " - I asked even though I was not ready to hear the response .

" Yes , Mrs . McDonald said it would fun and it actually is ! " - he continued .

" That's enough ok , let's go to mommy . " - I lifted him to my hip and cooed him to sleep .

" But why would she make an innocent boy commit such heinous crimes ? " - Kelvin asked in wonder .

" That's what we're going to find out now , " -
We bid the receptionist farewell and headed for the elderly home .

30 minutes later .

We arrived with a sleeping Nathaniel as we told his mother everything .

" H - how could she ?! " - she yelled in tears .

" I'm going to sue her and this facility so hard * wipes tears away even though they keep flowing * "- she threatened already headed towards her room .

" What's going on here ? " - We heard Mr. McDonald enter with a few police cars behind him .

We explained everything to him but he didn't believe us insisting his grandma was innocent .

We all rushed to her room to seek answers only to receive another shock as Mrs . Helen stared at a sobbing Mrs .Grace with an apologetic smile .

" Grandma tell me what they're saying is not true . "- he asked with plead .

" I'm not going to lie David , it's true and all your fault ." - her voice coming out uneven .

" W- what ? "- he stuttered .

" I didn't mean for any of this to escalate so badly , ever since you built this place you have hardly spent an hour with me so I thought - I th "- her voice coming out sore .

" Scarlet , she has rashes on her neck , " - Mark whispered to me .

" So you injected yourself as well ? " - I asked in disbelief .

" Yes and I don't regret it , everything would have ended after Summer and Haleema died but you insisted and you found out right . Clap for your self... "- She hissed in pain staring sadly at me.

" Thank you all for making this plan work especially you , Scarlet . You need to know the truth ... Your father was even worse than you thought.
* Laughs in pain * your dad had an affair and guess who it was with Angelina Lee ! "

Tears spilled from my eyes as I felt my whole life shatter .

" I'm so glad Summer couldn't keep her mouth shut . I'm sorry for using Nathaniel , Grace . I'm truly sorry but you David , I'm just glad that you still care for old little me even thoughYou made me feel so abandoned . "- she continued .

" I'm sorry Grandma , i didn't know ... " - Mrs. Helen cut him off with a raised hand .

" No , this can't - this isn't possible . She would never hurt me like that ." - I mumbled to myself .

" You can find her with the security men , Scarlet .
I'm tired ." - her last words before suffering from a heart attack .

I ran out of there and headed for the security quarters freeing her in tears .

" Scarlet ! thank you . " - she mumbled embracing me right after .

" Why didn't you tell me you had an affair with my dad ? "

A / N

Kindly vote if you didn't expect any of this or you just want to give the kids a thumps up .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

His Angel By J

General Fiction

97K 2.2K 25
(Detailed description in the book) A small peek into the book :- I stay there in half lying position whilst my angel sleeps peacefully with her face...
931K 43.2K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...
288K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
992K 40.5K 36
He wanted to hate her, to shred her faith viciously before he lost himself in her eyes again. * * * * Amira had a dysfunctional family, an older brot...