Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

28.Dilemma

116 15 214
By Sparkling_star146

Warisha's POV

"Why it has to hurt every time?" I muttered. I was sitting beside my bed,on the floor with a pillow on my lap. My abdomen was aching like hell. I didn't go to college today,so I'm alone at home,waiting for my two friends. I don't have pain killers so they'll bring that to rescue me.

And,my mood is also not good. I wanted to talk to ammi about that matter but Alyan warned me not to say anything. But still,I don't think they'll let me continue my works if this goes on.

I placed my head on the pillow,totally exhausted,thanks to getting up early in the morning. My phone rang from somewhere.

"Where is it?" I looked for it around me and understood that it's in the dining room.

Now,I can't go all the way there for a call. Let it ring.

After an hour or so,I heard the door open and Jamya and Liya entered.

"Didn't the pain subside?" Liya asked sitting beside me. I shook me head.

"A tiny bit,like an atom." Was my answer.

"Get up and sit on the bed. The floor is cold." Jamya touched my arm.

"No,I'm fine here. It feels good,cold floor." I muttered smiling.

Both of them looked at each other and went out.

After few minutes,they entered with a plate of food.

"You didn't eat your lunch,right?" She asked me

"I didn't feel hungry. I had a bread."

"Don't lie,look at your face. You're looking like you're starving for weeks." Jamya glared at me.

"I had breakfast in front of you." I glared.

"Here,eat. We just made this." Liya said taking a spoonful of noodles in front of my lips.

"I don't want this, I'm fine." I said looking away.

"Don't be dramatic. Eat it or else we are calling aunty." Jamya threatened me as I glared at her.

"Yeah,call her. Call her and say her newborn baby is not eating and crawling on the floor." I glared at her.

Liya signalled me towards the spoon and I frowned as I ate the noodles. I took the plate and started eating. I just realised I'm quite hungry.

"Good girl." She grinned. I finished eating and had a pain killer.

Suddenly,Jamyas phone rang. She looked at the screen.

"It's aunty." She said.

"I ate,don't tell her anything." I yelled as they chuckled.

"I won't. Let's see what happened." She said as she pick it up.

"Assalamualaikum aunty....Alhamdulillah, I'm fine...we just came back...yeah,she is here,I'll pass the phone.." Jamya said as she forwarded the phone to me.

"Assalamualaikum ammi." I said.

"Walaikumassalam,where were you the whole day?" She scolded me.

"Ammi,I was in home. I didn't go to college." I said rubbing my forehead.

"Then why don't you receive my calls? Now it's saying your phone is turned off."

"My phone was in the dining room and I was not feeling well,so I didn't go there. And maybe it turned off as the battery died."

"Allah,this girl. Did you hear the news?"

"What news?" I said shifting on the floor as I was feeling....cold. Thanks to the floor for sharing its coolness with me.t

"Alyans mother is admitted in the hospital." She said.

"What happened?" I asked,sitting straight.

"She had a heart attack."

"Oh Allah, when did this happen? Wasn't she here?"

"In the morning. Yes,she was with Alyan. That's why I was calling you from the morning." Ammi said and I cursed myself for my careless actions.

"In which hospital?"

"I'll ask your abbu and let you know."

"Oh,good that you called me."

"Are you going?"

"I don't know."

"Don't forget to call Alyan."

"Ok. Ammi,I'll talk to you later. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz."

I cut the call.

"What happened?" Jamya asked as I returned her the phone.

"Ma had a heart attack. Now admitted in a hospital." I said.

"Oh Allah." Liya muttered.

"Is she here?" Jamya asked and I nodded as I got up. I went at the dining room looking for my phone. I took it and went back. I plugged in the charger and turned it on. It showed several missed calls from ammi and abbu. Abbu texted me the address.

I dialled Alyans number and waited for him to receive,but he didn't. I tried again but no use.

He must be so stressed. And, he's alone there. I was feeling so tensed,but what should I do?

Should I go? I looked at the clock and it shows 4 PM. Should I go there now? It's not that far too. And I'm not feeling good like this. He's not even picking my calls. I don't know what he's doing.

Deciding to go,I took out my clothes and went towards the washroom.

As I came out of the room,Liya and Jamya were there.

"Where are you going?" Liya asked me.

"In the hospital."

"But like this?"amya said.

"I'll be fine. I can't sit here like this."

"Should we come too?"

"No,it's not needed. I'll be fine."

"Ok then,take care." Liya said and I nodded.

"Allah Hafiz." I came out and waited for a bus.

I just hope I'll get one quickly.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I entered at the hospital and reached at the 6th floor. I looked around and saw baba(Alyans father) standing there.

"Assalamualaikum baba." I said and he looked at me,shocked.

"Walaikumassalam dear. When did you come?" He tried to smile at me but his expression showed how worried he was.

"Just now. How is her condition?"

"Not so stable, as much as they're saying. She's now in the CCU."

"She'll be fine,In Shaa Allah." I said as I looked around for Alyan,but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Ummm,where's he?" I asked him.

"Who? Alyan?" He asked me and I nodded.

"He's there,in front of the CCU. Go,meet him. He's very tensed." He said and I nodded as I advanced towards the CCU.

I reached there and saw him there standing,leaning on the wall. I stood beside him but he was busy thinking about something.

"Assalamualaikum." I said after few minutes. He looked at me,startled.

"Walaikumassalam. When did you come?"

"Few minutes ago. I was talking with baba there. When did he come?"

"He came in the afternoon." He said looking away.

"Did you meet her?"

"Yeah."

"How was she?"

"Not too good. Also her blood sugar level is too high. Now they are monitoring her closely." He said with a low voice.

"Have faith,she will be fine." I said and he nodded.

"Come,sit here." I said indicating him towards the chairs. We sat there silently. He was constantly rubbing his forehead.

"Headache?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

I could sense his discomfort from his voice. Every child is close to their mother,her slightest pain can make them worried. And about Alyan,his mother means everything to him. She also loves him unconditionally. Even right now she was here as she thought he is alone from many days and couldn't visit them. I saw how possessive she is about him. His being worried is completely natural.

He placed his head on the back of the chair,closing his eyes. I was feeling so bad seeing him like this. I don't even know when I started combing my hands through his hair as this thing works for me always. He looked at me,shocked at first but then relaxed. Eventually,he kept his head on my shoulder as the chair is too hard to keep head on.

I don't know if this seems bad or not,but it feels right to me. He's here alone, tensed and I want to comfort him. People were giving us weird looks coming and going but I don't care. I know I'm not doing anything bad.

I looked at him to see if he is sleeping or not. His glasses were disturbing him so I slowly tried to take them off. At the moment,he opened his eyes looking at me.

"I won't sleep,don't worry." He smiled lightly.

"I don't have any problem."

"Thank you."

"Did you have your lunch?" I asked

"Yes,Arham brought some. He was here until the noon, now he went to bring some things." He said.

We were like this for a long time. Suddenly, I felt nauseous. My stomach was hurting too. But I just tried to ignore this.

Alyan looked at me and examined my face.

"Are you fine? You look pale." He asked me.

"I'm fine."

"Sure?" He asked keeping his hand on my forehead to check.

"Yeah."

"What was the need of you coming here after college?"

"I came from hostel."

"Didn't you go to college?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Just...like that. Forget that." I mumbled.

He sighed looking away. Poor him,so tensed.

"I know you're tensed. And I won't say I understand how you are feeling,I'm not in your place. But don't get too stressed. She needs you now,if you be weak,who'll be with her? And you're also a doctor, you know that she will be fine with perfect care. Just have faith in Allah." I said and he nodded.

"I will." He smiled looking at me and I also smiled. Suddenly, I felt someone there and looked behind him only to find Sumayra appi there,smiling slightly.

"Appi." I muttered taking my hand away from his hair.

"What appi?" He muttered.

"Appi is here." I said and he sat straight,looking behind. As he saw her,he got up and hugged her. I also got up and went towards them.

Sumayra appi came and hugged me to.

"Assalamualaikum." I said.

"Walaikumassalam." She smiled at me as she looked at Alyan.

"Abbu gave me ammis updates. I just hope she is fine."

"Yeah. But how are you here suddenly?"

"As I heard the news,Zahan managed tickets and we came."

"Where's Ilma?" I asked her.

"Abbu kept her." She said.

"I'll go see her." Alyan said and went towards there as I sat with Sumayra appi.

"When did you come?"

"Umm,maybe two and a half hour."

"You know what, I was so tensed about Alyan. He's alone here with abbu,that's why I rushed. But I'm feeling relived to see you here." She smiled at me which I returned.

"Yeah,he was so tensed. I didn't know about this as my phone was off the whole day. I just got to know this after noon. I felt I should come."

"Thank you dear,it's good to see how much you care."

"It was a long journey,you should probably rest now."

"Yes. Let's go there,Ilma will be happy to see you." She said and we got up.

We saw everyone chatting there,sitting on the chairs.

"Assalamualaikum." I smiled at Zahan bhai.

"Walaikumassalam." He also smiled as Ilma came down from his lap and came towards me.

"Hello baby." I kissed her cheeks.

"Mami." She pulled my cheeks with a smile.

"How are you?" I said sitting there with her on my lap.

"Good. Ammi said to give you salam,but I forgot." She said adorably and everyone chuckled.

We talked for few minutes then I looked at my watch. It's nearly 8 PM.

"Umm,I have to leave. It's getting late." I said getting up.

"Alone?" Baba asked me.

"I'll just take a bus from here. It's not so far from here."

"No need,I'll drop you." Alyan got up.

"It's fine,you're exhausted. I'll go by myself." I reasoned. He is already so tired,I don't want to bother him more.

"Dear,he will go. No problem." Baba ordered and I nodded. I can't argue with him.

I bid bye and went out with Alyan.

In the way back,I was sitting there with my eyes closed. I knew my body was going to take toll for this whole day. Plus Ilma elbowed me few times on my stomach in the name of tickling,so it's a bonus. I thought of just falling flat on the bed and having a long sleep.

"You shouldn't have come like this,you're looking weak." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm fine,just a bit tired."

"Hmm. Don't take Ilma in your lap like this,she's growing up now. Not the little Ilma." He said and I looked at him. What does he mean?

After reaching,I got down.

"Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." I started walking,but again went back. He looked at me with raised brows.

"Don't worry too much,she'll be fine." I said as he smiled lightly,nodding. I walked back.

Opening,the door I directly went towards the washroom.

My bed is waiting for me.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's been four days and Alhamdulillah, ma is quite fine now. They shifted her in a cabin. I met her once and she looked weak,still better.

"Assalamualaikum baby." I smiled at Ilma as she was running outside the cabin.

"Walaikumassalam. Where is my chocolate?" She stood in front of me with her hands on her waist like a grown up.

"No chocolate,your ammi will beat me if I again give you any chocolate."

"Ammi is bad,and you are baddest." She pouted as I chuckled.

"Where's your ammi?"

"Bad ammi is inside,baddest mami."

"Ok goodest girl." I laughed as I went towards the door,only to halt hearing my name.

"....so Warisha was here with him." Sumayra appi said.

"Hmm,I know." Ma said.

"Ammi,didn't I say you to not worry about him so much? Why do you get so tensed about him even though he visits you whenever he can? You shouldn't come here so often."

"My son is alone here,I can't live there in peace knowing this. I don't even know when I'll die. Then who will come and visit him like this?"

"Ammi,what are you saying?"

"Am I saying anything wrong? I am getting old,now I have serious health issues. Here Alyan doesn't even get good food,this woman can't even cook good rice,makes it sticky. Plus after a long day of work,he's alone at home. No one's there to even talk. That's why I try to visit him as much as possible. Even he will get company in this alone home."

"But it's not for long time,Warisha will shift there in few years."

"I wish she would come now. What's the problem? Even she is alone here, isn't it better for her to live with him? And whatever we say, they are married. Now they both are each others responsibility. Don't you think it's not so good for them to live separately for such a long time?"

"Ammi,it's not like only she is opposing. Even Alyan doesn't want this now."

"He's just saying this as Warisha isn't agreeing. I'm sure he's doing this thinking about her. If she agrees you'll see he will too."

"But you can't pressurise them. It's their choice and it's you guys who promises them to not pressurise."

"I know and I won't pressurise her. Maybe she has some point. It's just that I want to see them together. This thing is completely her choice. Her parents also talked to me,they want this too ,but they are also not pressurising her.Still,I will ask this to her again. If she agrees,I'm happy and if she doesn't,we have nothing to do but wait." Ma sighed and appi nodded.

I decided to go in and knocked the door.

"Oh,Warisha. Come in." Sumayra appi smiled at me and I went inside,sitting beside her.

"Assalamualaikum ma. Did your headache subside a bit?" I asked her.

"Walaikumassalam dear. Alhamdulillah, I'm quite fine now. Though it's so irritating to live in this dreadful place." She snarled and we chuckled.

"Ammi,it's just for two more days. Then you'll go home."

"I hope so." She sighed,making me tensed.

I just pray she doesn't bring this topic here.

I was there for a long time,talking about this and that. And thanks to Allah,she didn't ask me anything about this. Though she told me to visit her again.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

After a long sleep,I woke up before Fajr. Now this is my huge problem. Due to waking up everyday, it became my habit to wake up even if I don't have to pray.

I sat on my bed. Jamya is with Liya as she thought I won't get good sleep if she stays here. I got down and went towards the dining room as I was feeling hungry. I brought out some cookies,obviously I'm hungry in the mid of the night,and went at the balcony with them.

My mind kept going back to whatever ma said as I was chewing the cookies. Ammi many times talked to me about this,but I just ignored.

It's not like I have any problem or something. I feel so nervous and overwhelmed whenever I think about this. Maybe I'm afraid of change. I just don't know why I feel so weird about this.

Am I being unfair to him? He is so understanding, always helpful towards me and am I neglecting him? Even his mother thinks so. He is alone there,and I know how irritating this can be. I myself didn't agree to go in a hostel because of this. But if he wants this,why doesn't he tell me?

"He's just saying this as Warisha isn't agreeing. I'm sure he's doing this thinking about her." Her words rang in my mind.

Oh Allah,then am I the main problem? Is he delaying this just because of me? It's so unfair. I always nagged about my thoughts but didn't care so much about what he thinks.

"Selfish woman." My mind scolded me.

Whatever ma said is true,she has every right to think about her son. Still she is not pressurising me,not telling me anything. And what am I doing? I'm just ignoring her thoughts and worries.

But what should I do? I know she will ask me this again within few days. Should I agree? Or I shouldn't?

Allah knows best.

.........................
................

Assalamualaikum earth residents.

Update. So,what do you think? What should Warisha do now? Poor girl is in a dilemma! Someone help her.

Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 2.5K 51
Gossamerpink presents :- Kritika Gupta is a Simple girl, studying in third year of college. Small Family, good friend and really happy life. But it c...
144K 10.2K 15
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
79K 3.2K 43
She was his classmate in kindergarten, he was 5 years old and she was four. Ayaan knew that she was special for him and decided to spend the rest of...
76K 3.9K 52
Abhay Raichand; found the new definition of love, when he met her. Chitra Gulati; stopped hating prince charmings , when she met him. Jay Raichand;...