Dusk Town

Por Mellow-Orange

Quinn is going back home after a long time. She is seeking acceptance and forgiveness in her heart. She went... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Nine

2 0 0
Por Mellow-Orange

There are times that I would just watch television for the whole day waiting something better to happen. I felt utterly hopeless. The movies I watched everyday were the only ones that made me feel okay. Until one day, I stumbled upon a horror movie where a girl who was repeatedly abused, slaughtered her perpetrators one by one. She just used a long and sharp knife. I swear there were no days that I stopped thinking about how she killed them. At that time, I had an idea on my mind that I can't tell to anyone.

That night when he beat the crap out of my brother for going to the police made me lose my mind. I waited for the opportune moment. I watched him while he's sleeping soundly, when he is most vulnerable. I went for the knife wearing only the shirt he put on me. I sat on his stomach and started on stabbing him in every way possible. He woke up and tried to put a fight but he's already not in the perfect shape to do that. He fell down on the floor, breathing heavily and he said to me one last time, "Tell me I'm a good teacher to you." He laughed like an idiot, his final idiotic giggle. I stabbed him for the last time in the head where he is lacking. I let both of his eyes open so that he can still see the monster he made out of a child. The next morning, the cops went to my house while I'm watching the movie that ended my suffering. I made sure that I did exactly everything in the movie.

"You should have asked Her Majesty about that. Not me," Violet said sternly. Sitting on the couch while I sat on my bed.

Chles had already planned Violet and the golem to accompany me in the first place. Violet said I should have asked something other than that. The two of us are inside my room while Orly decided to stay at the door. Maybe he still felt uncomfortable with me.

"For the record, I didn't know that," I said in my defense.

"Why did you requested for us, huh?"

"It's because I know you two are going to help me."

"What makes you say that?" She said with a sly smile.

"Is she your sister?"

She averted her eyes away from me. Refusing to answer my question.

"I heard them and the red hair girl talking in the bathhouse. I don't want to listen to whatever they are talking about but they're voices are too loud and I think they are not aware that I was there." I gulped.

"What were they talking about?"

"I'm going to tell you everything I know in exchange for your help. Deal?"

"How dare you make a deal with me, you're just a mere human." Violet narrowed her eyes.

I raised my left hand and showed the emblem to her. "A mere human who has a contract with a demon."

She let out a scornful laugh. "Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea where and what your demon is doing? He's locked up with his stupid cat sleeping soundly."

Bingo. At least now I am a hundred percent sure that Sebastian is vulnerable at this moment. Meaning it's possible for me to escape.

"What I'm asking is the simplest thing you could ever do. I just want to know more about this world. Those guys and even your Queen won't tell me a damn thing about it because they want me to be oblivious of everything so they can manipulate me."

But they are so wrong about me. I will try to put up a fight.

"Alright. It's a deal." She offered a handshake and I gladly took it.

"They were talking about the rebellion against Chles," I said, her expression didn't change. "Tomorrow there will be a new monarch and I will make sure Lilith will be the next Queen, the red-haired girl said."

Her eyes widened, looks like she didn't know the uprising will happen tomorrow. That makes Chles unaware too if Violet seems so surprised about this.

"Tomorrow? Are you sure you heard it right?" She asked.

"Yes by the way who is Lilith?"

"She's the High Priestess, next to the Queen. By law, she's next to the throne but the Queen needs to die or concede the crown first. They were planning this for a long time now but we didn't know it's happening tomorrow. ," Violet stood up, calming herself down by rubbing her hands to her arms repeatedly. "I tried to talk my sister out of this but she won't listen to me. It can't be happening tomorrow. I have to do something to stop them."

"No!" I blurted out, loudly. Violet furrowed at me. "I mean what can you do alone? They're probably a lot of them."

It shouldn't be stopped because I need that distraction. Surely, it will cause chaos and possibly fights between all of them.

"You don't have any idea why they can't rebel against the Queen and King of Moonfall."

"King?" I asked.

Violet came closer to me. Her expression is quite scary that I sat down firmly on my bed. "Do you know why we need your blood? It's because we are resurrecting a demon, our King. The thing is, a demon can be resurrected in exchange of human blood. A tremendous amount of sacrifice. Not only one person can suffice but many. Her majesty had been collecting it secretly in your world. She would often get her victims in the forest but only those who are involved in an accident. Mostly the travelers are much an easier target because they don't know the forest well enough. We will bring the bodies here and extract the blood then return them back to the forest without them knowing what happened. Even if we collected enough blood she still doesn't want to stop. She said she's waiting for someone indispensable and my hunch is telling it's you. So, who are you really?"

I don't know what to tell her. I don't know either. I mean I'm just a weak human against them.

"Since when you came here, she started going out of her room and the laboratorium where we usually extract the blood from the victims. Do you know what caused the uprising? It's because Her Majesty had been locking herself inside this palace and refused to serve her people but won't give up the throne to anyone. It started when King Callum died. I sometimes caught her talking to herself, having nosebleeds and chronic headaches. I feel like he's controlling her even when he's dead."

I caught myself gripping the bed sheet. I stood up and loosened up a little bit.

"Are you overwhelmed already? I'm not yet done. The thing is when a demon is resurrected from his deep slumber, they will lose their rational way of thinking and would kill mercilessly. When I learned about that I tried to quit from my job as the Queen's maid but Her Majesty won't let me quit. But instead she promised me and my sister a safe escape from here if we brought back the King successfully. I can't talk about this to anyone even to Helena, my younger sister and Ruby our closest friend. She's the red-haired girl you saw at the bathhouse."

So that's the reason why she stopped talking to her sister and the red haired girl. I hope they will understand her more but they chose the other path instead.

"The only reason why I'm still serving to this monarchy it's because I just want to make sure me and my sister will come out of here alive and we could bring Ruby along with us. I tried really hard not to involve them both from this. I left Helena to Ruby's care while I'm busy assisting the Queen. They were curious about whatever we were doing but I can't tell them the truth. Everyone hated me because it seems that the Queen favored me so much but they don't know that she's just using me to exploit humans. I avoided all of my friends just so they won't ask anything about what we were doing. They thought that I was being selfish but I have to keep it a secret. I think it's for their best not to know anything. I don't want them to experience the overwhelming guilt for putting innocent lives at risk."

Violet tried her best not to burst into tears but she failed the moment she talked about the things she was trying to keep from everyone. Releasing the pent-up anger and guilt that was building up inside her. Honestly, I don't feel pity for her losing all of her friends. They should at least try to talk to her to understand why she was avoiding them. Just so they won't jump into conclusions. Pulling down one another is not what you call friendship. It's all about supporting each other during tough times. I just wish I have this mindset years ago. My younger self was so naïve that she felt sad when her friends started leaving her one by one.

"If Chles is fully aware of the consequence of bringing her husband back to life then why did she still choose to bring him back?"

"He's controlling her from the very beginning. I saw how she tried to stop herself committing those crimes but a demon is just too powerful for her."

"How did your King died?" I asked.

"He was killed and now he wants revenge. He's using his wife as his puppet who will do anything he commands. I have to go see Helena. I'll be back later. I also have to inform the Queen about the revolt tomorrow." She hurriedly opened the door.

"Hey! How about our deal? It's your turn to pay me for the information I just told you!"

"I'll be back later. Her Majesty refrain you from roaming around the palace. Citizens can't see you so stay here," She slammed the door shut.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

127K 5.2K 24
A Mother's Last Words. A Brand New Town. A Secret Coven. Shayla Cooper is on the run. Her mother was killed in a fire of 'unknown' origins, or at lea...
48 2 20
When his parents decide to move to a small town in Michigan for the summer, Sam is determined to hate it- even if it was for the sake of his mental h...
100 0 21
Quinn Wellbone had lived through a nightmare she didn't understand. Only, that same nightmare - later known as The God - took away her parents. She p...
5.2K 163 42
Quinn is just trying to survive all while protecting her her sister. But what happens when an accident forces her to stay in a random town and she me...