Kissing My Ex ✔

Galing kay ChelseaKFree

Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care a... Higit pa

Author's Note
Character Banners
Story Playlist
1)Can't F*cking Wait
2)Teenage Tetris
3)Only Doing it Once
4)Taking One for the Team
5)Motorcycle Riding Models
6)Bad Timing
7)Tipsy Lexi
8)I'll Haunt Your Ass
9)Stupid Sh*t for Good Reasons
10)Friends
11)Just The Four Of Us
12)Fish and Frostbite
13)Creating a Monster
14)Studmuffin
15)No Doubt In His Abilities
16)Wound Tight
17)The Promise of Bloodshed
18)Nauseating PDA
19)A Permanent Mark
20)Drunken Words, Sober Thoughts
21) Heart-Stopping Offers
22) Ground Rules
23)A Helpful Touch
24)Enjoy The Moment
25)The Hideaway
26)Who are you?
27)Shattered and Sliced
28)The Party Planning Committee
29)Birthday Dinner
30)Kidnapped
31)Surprise Party
32)Perfect Explosions
34)Trust Issues
35)The Gauntlet
36)Let Me Keep You
37)Just Do it
38)Damn Good Look
39)Truths and Apologies
40)Thanksgiving Drama
41)Possessive
42)Good Men
43)The Setup
44)Spelling It Out
45)Close Call
46)Locker Room Confession
47)A Show of Power
48)Love, Leverage, & Loose Ends
AN & Future Plans

33)Firepower

18K 334 137
Galing kay ChelseaKFree

My footfalls thump against the wooden stairs as I take two at a time, my heart pounding in my chest. When my feet meet the bottom, I skid around the rail and race after Kade as he throws the front door open. The dark entryway lights up from the metal and rubber bonfire parked out front.

Flames as tall as the house reach up to the sky through the exposed framing that use to hold the soft top cover. Everything is charred or fucking melted, the raging fire stripping away more of Marcel's Jeep. But we're not the only ones who notice the colossal mess. Neighbors peek out their windows or openly gawk at the scene from their front doors. The only good thing about this is that anyone who was once parked close to the vehicle is now long gone, saving their cars from being a casualty.

Kade turns around and faces me just as Travis and Marcel come stampeding down the stairs.

"My fucking Jeep!" Marcel yells, his eyes doubling in size. "What the fuck happened?"

Kade's face stays calm but the tense way he holds himself shows just how worried he is. "Where were you?"

Marcel points up. "In the master, sleeping."

Kade looks at Travis.

T mirrors Marcel and points towards the second floor, though the look on his face is less shocked and more pissed. "Guest room with two chicks who are now scared shitless and hiding in a closet."

"Where's Wild?" I ask, looking around and noticing the TV flickering in the living room.

Without waiting for an answer, I stride down the hall and find someone stretched out on the couch completely covered by a blanket.

Figures.

Wilder sleeps like the dead. A car blowing up outside is nothing to him.

I pull back the blanket and curse. Wrong blonde.

"Aye, get the fuck up!" I bark and kick the side of the couch.

Kellen doesn't even jump, his bloodshot eyes cracking open. Peering at me, he raises a questioning eyebrow before taking in the sight of the others walking into the room. I start to ask him again when he holds out a finger.

"What's going on?" Kell asks, removing earbuds from his ears and pausing his music with a tap on his phone.

"You didn't hear that?" Kade asks, pointing to the front of the house.

Kellen shakes his head. "No. I was fucking out."

"Where's Wilder?" I ask.

He points to the hall door behind Travis. "Sleeping in the bathroom last I checked."

Travis turns around and yanks the door open, chuckling as he peaks in. "Yup. Sleeping beauty is passed out in the tub."

The tub?

We crowd around the door to take a look, and sure as fuck, Wild's passed out in the tub. He's got a pillow under his head, a bottle of Jack in his hand, and his legs drawn up with a blanket wrapped around.

"Yo, fucker, get up!" Travis shouts.

Wild doesn't budge.

Pushing past Kade and Marcel, I shove Travis out of the way and bang my fists against the wall. When that doesn't work, I lean down and slap Wild upside the head.

"What the fuck, bro?" Wild jumps, rubbing the back of his head.

"Get up, we got trouble," I say, yanking the bottle from his hands.

We clear out, giving him room to unfold himself from the tub, and head outside. It doesn't take Wild but a second to catch up with Kell right behind him.

"Damn," the two of them say at the same time.

Wilder's lip curls at his follower before he turns a serious gaze on Kade. "What happened?"

"Not positive." Kade shakes his head. "But this was done on purpose for damn sure."

An eerie chill runs down my bare back as an uneasy feeling fills me. Something's up.

A slow clap starts from behind us, followed by added applause. We whip around just as three figures step out of the shadows next to the house, making my stomach turn. My eyes flick instantly flick to the door. They're closer to it than we are. Fuck!

"Well done, Williams," the dark figure in the middle congratulates in a familiar condescending tone. Though this asshole can't pull off that superior confidence the way his brother does.

"Vince," Kade sneers.

Victor's dopehead little brother steps into the light cast by the flames, the red and orange flicker making his smile look more twisted than usual. "Took you, idiots, long enough. Thought the cops were gonna show before you would."

I recognize the two guys on the side of him but the others look at them without a drop of familiarity. It's not all that surprising. In my first year as a prospect, I shadowed our second for a while, Colt. For someone who looks like a scruffy Viking, he's good with technology and trained me on ways to dig up needed intel. Like the names and records of every Viper member and prospect. Back then, these two were prospects but the patches on their jackets indicate they're enforcers now, just like Marcel told us a few weeks back.

His cousins.

The family resemblance between them and Marcel isn't strong, but it's there. The shorter guy on Vince's right is Diego. He's got more muscle than the other two but with the black braids twisted on either side of his head and hanging down to his chest, he's not all that intimidating. The taller thin dude with the short fade is Jamal. His complexion's a few shades darker than Diego's tawny brown tone and covered with tattoos. The most prominent ink on him is the words "Viper Strong" with two teardrops just below his left eye.

"Might wanna tell us what the fuck you want before the authorities do get here," Kade snarls.

Sirens blare in the distance, adding to Kade's warning.

Vince's scrawny arms spread wide. "It's your lucky night, Williams. We're not here for you or your boys. We were just driving around when we caught sight of an issue that needs handling." His crooked smile tips as he points a finger at Marcel. "We want him."

Marcel steps forward but doesn't say a thing, starring down Vince's backup.

Diego's lip curls back in disgust. "Wanna tell us why you're hanging with Guardian's," his sneer deepens as his eyes pass over Kellen. "And a De Luca?"

"Fuck you," Kellen spits, his hand resting at his back like he's about to grab something.

Oh, fuck.

Jamal wrinkles his nose at the kid but turns his towering gaze on Marcel. "Yeah, cus, thought you weren't picking sides."

I'll give Marcel credit, he's holding his ground well. Facing off against Vipers can be stressful enough, but when it's family, I imagine that's a lot fucking harder. I couldn't do it. I couldn't look at Kade or Cassie as if they were my enemies. But Marcel hasn't even blink at the daggers they glare his way.

Marcel crosses his arms as the sirens get closer. "Who I deal with is my business. Now get the fuck out of here before your asses wind up behind bars again."

At the mention of bars, Diego's eyes flash with concern and he looks at Vince, but their leader for the night doesn't seem worried.

Narrowing his beady eyes, Vince looks over his shoulder at Lexi's house. "Maybe we wanna hangout. Got any hot bitches inside?"

He watches each of us carefully and it takes everything I have not to flinch. The idea of him even getting close to the front door is enough to make rage roar in my ears.

Seeming satisfied by our lack of response, Vince's twisted features shift into a look of growing boredom. "Should've known you motherfuckers would disappoint with your lame high school parties and weak pussy. Got better sluts back at the club." He looks at his goons and tips his head toward Marcel. "Let's get going...grab him."

Diego and Jamal step forward and it's like everything happens in the blink of an eye. Kade and I both dart to stand in front of Marcel, blocking them, but it's Kellen who steps up beside me and draws a pistol from his jeans.

The kid points the gun in Diego's face and sneers. "Think again, bitch."

I watch him from the corner of my eyes, and tense. My pulse bangs through my veins at a hundred miles an hour.

Diego's eyes shoot open wide, and he stumbles back with his hands raised. "Alright, alright. We'll leave...this time."

Vince's eyes burn with rage but he's already backing into the shadows, ready to leave his backup behind. Jamal's not much better, walking back faster than his cousin.

Diego slowly tracks in the same direction as the other two snakes, but his eyes narrow at Marcel. "This ain't over, cus."

None of us move, even after they're gone from sight, not until we hear the sounds of motorcycles starting in the distance. And the timing couldn't be better. Blue and red lights flood the street as a firetruck and cops turn onto the road.

Before they can reach us, Kade strides over to Kellen and snatches the gun from his hand. "Are you fucking insane?"

All the fury leaves Kellen like it was never there, to begin with, his bloodshot eyes going back to that dazed appearance as he shrugs. "Maybe. It worked though."

Kade shakes his head at him, but the kid has a point. We would still be facing off with those fuckers right now if he hadn't scared them off.

"Everyone inside, now," Kade barks just as the authorities pull up.

It takes hours for shit to clear up. Kade calls Uncle Rob over, who is able to keep the cops' questioning to a minimum. His connections with the police department and the city have never been more helpful. It also helps, once again, to have Kellen around. Most of the boys in blue freeze with recognition when they see the kid. It's not all that surprising considering Monte's got his hands dug deeper into the city's network than Uncle Rob. With the combination of the two, not a single person with a badge wants to press the issue further than necessary.

All the while, Lexi watches everything like a deer caught in headlights. Questions swim in her eyes and I know I'm going to have to answer them. Waiting till initiation isn't an option anymore, and that realization makes me more nervous than everything else that's fucking happened tonight.

Once Marcel's Jeep is put out, it gets towed away, and the cops take off. We clear the last few partiers from the house, which turns out just to be the two chicks Travis was fooling around with earlier. With them gone, most of us get to cleaning up. We're all dead tired but it's like doing something productive right now is all any of us can think of. Even Kellen and Uncle Rob pitch in.

Tying up another full bag of trash, I watch Lexi in the kitchen. She's packing up leftover food with Wilder and Josie. I can't make out what they're saying but she seems less tense. Wilder says something and she starts laughing, her body visibly relaxing.

God, telling her what's going on is going to fucking hurt.

Picking up the trash bag, I take a deep breath. "Aye, Lex, come outside with me a second."

"Okay, sure." She nods, setting down the stuff in her hands.

"Actually..." Marcel steps out of the bathroom, calling down to us. "I'll help Jace, Lex. Don't worry about it."

Confusion dances over her face for a split second before shrugs. "Alright, whatever."

Slightly irritated and confused myself, I narrow my eyes at Marcel as he walks towards me. All I want is to rip off the damn band-aid and talk to Lex but he's got this serious look in his gaze that has me following him out the door as he passes by. We walk down the sidewalk in silence and once I toss the trash bag in the can, Marcel turns to me and crosses his arms.

"You gonna tell Lex what happened?"

I nod and mirror his stance, folding my arms over my chest. "I don't really see any other options so, yeah."

Marcel glances back at the house briefly. "You don't have to."

My head jerks back, a little thrown off as my eyebrows pinch together.

Marcel sighs and drops his arms. "I already talked to her. Told her it was a mechanical issue. Stupid Jeep just blew on its own."

His head tips down with guilt and I get it. Lying to Lexi is painful. It's not something I would've asked him to do, no matter how bad of a bind I'm in.

"Why?"

"I know you haven't told her about the Guardians yet." He lifts his head and sees the confirmation written on my face. "I'm guessing you have your reasons, but whatever the case, you had my back tonight. You and the others didn't have to help me out and yet you did anyway. So, consider this as me returning the favor."

Shock, relief, and appreciation rush through my veins in one huge fucking wave.

I don't have to say shit. I can wait till initiation.

But feeling so relieved also forces a stab of shame in the center of my chest. Lexi deserves to know. I owe that to her after bringing this fight to her front door. But telling Lex now will also mean telling her that her best friend lied to her face. It'll hurt the last good friendship she has and besides, I can't snitch on Marcel when he's trying to do me a solid.

"I appreciate it, man." I nod and hold my hand out.

He takes it but looks me dead in the eyes. "Understand, lying to my sister was the hardest fucking thing I've ever done. I won't do it again. So, you better tell her what the fuck is going on and soon."

Tightening my grip around his, I reflect that same seriousness in my stare. "Next weekend. It's already planned."

Marcel searches my face for any sign of deception, and when he doesn't get one, he nods and claps me on the back. As we step apart, a sleek all-black Rolls Royce Phantom slowly pulls up at the curb. Marcel and I look at each other with wide eyes before turning back to the luxury car. When the back door opens, I want to slap myself for not realizing it sooner.

Of course, he's going to show up.

"Jace, my boy." Monte smiles wide at me as he steps out of the Phantom with two bodyguards behind him. His eyes quickly spot Marcel and fill with warmth. "Marcel! What are you doing here?"

Marcel gives the guy a genuine smile. "You didn't hear, Uncle Monte? My Jeep was turned into a bonfire."

Monte's eyes shoot open but there's also a flair of anger in his cold blue eyes. If dating Marcel's Aunt long ago is enough for Monte to consider him family then God help the idiots who torched his Jeep.

"That was yours?" Monte asks, his tone turning dark and dangerous.

Marcel shrugs. "No big deal. It's handled."

"Mmhmm," Monte hums in a way that says he's not buying it. "Well, as much as I want to catch up," He points at Marcel and smiles again. "And I do want to catch up, we need to schedule something, but right now I need to talk to someone." His eyes flick my way. "Where's your uncle?"

I like Monte, usually, but the last thing I need right now is him talking to Uncle Rob. As far as my uncle is concerned, we don't deal with Monte anymore, not since we stopped fighting.

Also perceptive as fuck, Monte pats my arm. "Don't worry, son. I won't tell your secret. This isn't about that."

Before I can say a damn thing, the front door swings open with my uncle stepping out onto the front steps.

"Monte." He says in greeting.

Monte smiles wide and nods. "Robert."

Seeing he's not involved in whatever the hell this is, Marcel gives Monte a nod and walks inside, passing up Kade, Travis, Wilder, and Kellen as they come walking out.

"Somewhere we can talk?" Monte asks.

My uncle nods around to the side of the house and everyone heads that way. We all step into Lexi's backyard, protected by the privacy fence so nosy neighbors can't look in on us. Not that I think Lex's neighbors give a damn about a group of guys chatting, but I know Monte can be paranoid as shit so it's the best option we got.

As Travis shuts the six-foot gate behind us, Monte and his bodyguards turn to face Uncle Rob. We quickly take positions at his back, showing a united front while Kellen splits to stand by his father's side.

"So, I hear some Vipers showed up this morning," Monte says casually.

Uncle Rob nods and crosses his arms. "I wasn't here but that's my understanding too."

"Were they here for you boys?"

"No," Rob shakes his head with certainty. "It was a family issue. That Marcel boy, his Viper cousins weren't too happy to see him hanging out with my boys or yours."

Monte rubs his chin and nods, his eyes casting down as mulls over that information. "It appears those slimy fuckers are starting to get too confident, and Marcel is considered family in my eyes, so I don't take too kindly to that. But as far as I see it, their issue has a lot more to do with you and me than I originally thought."

I'm not sure what he's getting at, but if I know Monte as well as I think I do, he's got something up his sleeve. He's never been worried about Vipers before, and even if he does like Marcel, he wouldn't come out here over a burnt car. Monte De Luca is the kind of guy to strike before asking questions. He's more likely to have his hounds hunt down Vince, Diego, and Jamal before talking to a lowly bike club. We're far from his level of power and yet here he is.

What the fuck is going on?

Uncle Rob's no dumbass. He narrows his gaze at Monte, catching a whiff of bullshit coming off the slick-talking businessman from a mile away. "What's your point, De Luca?"

Softly chuckling, Monte wags a finger. "I always did like you. No nonsense. My kind of guy." He holds his hands out and nods. "Alright, my point is that we need to do something about Victor Valentine and his snakes. Take them down, once and for all."

"What's in it for you?"

A sly grin slips across Monte's face. "Not much. I have some future business dealings and I rather not have to worry about them getting in the way." Placing a stubby hand on Kellen's shoulder, his smirk fades away. "Plus, my son was involved this time and I'll be damned if I let something happen to him by their hands. Knowing my youngest was so close to danger this morning is incentive enough to ensure those Vipers learn their lesson."

Hate to break it to him, but his son was the most dangerous person involved this morning. Though I have a gut feeling Monte already knows that. Wouldn't be shocked to find out he gave the pistol to his son himself.

I mean it's not that I don't like the kid. He did help us out last night by checking on Ava and Caleb after all, but a fourteen-year-old stoner with a gun is a shit idea. Next time he shows up, I'll be sure to check him for weapons.

"What are you proposing exactly?" Uncle Rob asks cautiously.

Monte holds my uncle's stare with confidence. "Your men team up with mine and eliminate the problem. I have enough firepower but not enough bodies, not at the moment."

"Kill 'em." It's not a question. Uncle Rob knows exactly what Monte means and the rigid tension building in his body is enough to show how much he hates that fucking idea. "I may not be a cop anymore, De Luca, but I still believe in law and order. We aren't killers. That's not how we handle our problems, not if we can avoid it."

The smallest flair of anger sparks in Monte's steel gaze. "And how well did that go for you last time? Victor and Vincent Valentine raped someone you cared about and barely got a slap on the wrist. One of their snakes shot your son, left him for dead, and yet one of your boys had to do time for chasing that piece of shit off the road. Do you really want to see that happen again? Can you afford it to?"

"I appreciate your concern, but we know how to protect our own. What happened last time won't happen again. We're already taking measures to increase our numbers and defend our homes," Uncle Rob assures but there's a pinch in his features. What Monte said, the memories he brought up, they cut deep, for all of us.

Maybe he has a point.

The tips of Monte's mouth turn down. "Gotta say, I'm disappointed, Robert. You can only stay on defense for so long. But I'll accept your answer. Just know that the offer is there if you change your mind."

The two shake hands and we open the gate for Monte and Kellen to head out with their extra muscle. Once they drive off, Uncle Rob turns on the four of us.

"You guys better not still be fighting."

"We aren't." Kade shakes his head.

His father tips his head to the side. "Then how come his boy was here?"

"He goes to our school," I answer, remembering what Kellen said last night when I asked the same thing. "Everyone at school was invited to the party. Guess he passed out on the couch when things settled down and was still here when Vince showed up."

Uncle Rob chews the inside of his cheek but nods despite the concern still filling his eyes. "I'm not gonna tell you boys who to hang out with, but be careful around that kid."

We all agree, none of us mentioning the fact that Wilder's training him on the side for cash. As long as we make sure he's not coming around loaded, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully.

Going back inside, we finish cleaning up. Once everything's done, Lexi locks up the house and the guys start rolling out, complaining about how fucking exhausted they are. Marcel's the last to leave. He gives Lex a hug when his ride pulls up but stares at me from over her shoulder with a reminder in his eyes. I tip my head to him. He's got nothing to worry about. I'm going to keep my word and let Lexi know everything as soon as I'm patched.

When he rides off, Lexi turns to me and yawns.

"Can we just stay in bed for the rest of the day?" she asks softly.

I wrap my arms around her and pull her tight against my chest, breathing in her familiar scent. "Whatever you want, baby."

"Okay." She nods and yawns again. "Let's go home."

💋____________________________________💋

Early update! 

So this chapter wasn't as long as some of my last ones, sorry about that. But, it is almost 4k words so it's not too small either. (I feel like there's a joke about size here somewhere.) Anyway, hope you all still enjoyed it. There wasn't a lot of Jexi(cute ship name, right?) but what happened here is major for the plot and is gonna really get the ball rolling on the Guardian front.

So what did you lovelies think? Were you surprised at Marcel's cousins showing up? Do you think they'll try anything else? Were you surprised Kellen had a gun? How bad was it that Marcel lied to Lexi? Do you think Jace's uncle did the right thing at turning Monte down?

Let me know what you think in the comments and if you like what you read, please hit that star button!

As usual, the teaser for chapter 34 will be posted on my Instagram and Twitter in a day or two. Keep an eye out for it! 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
419K 2.9K 20
| EDITED & FULL VERSION IS OUT ON KINDLE NOW | Young Alexandra Lowell is head over heels in love with Marcus Torres-her brothers best friend. He's a...
850 154 29
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
90.7K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...