WHY DO I STILL? | stiles stil...

By -despressos

ON HIATUS If there was one thing known about Haven Salazar, it was that she would do anything for Scott McCal... More

TRAILER
CAST LIST
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NEW COVER
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
EDITED
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

TWENTY FIVE

1.6K 64 183
By -despressos

50 COMMENTS

✧☾✧

When Haven came to, she was laying in a hospital bed with an IV in her arm. She blinked her eyes awake, her throat feeling dry.

"Haven?" 

She looked to her side to see Stiles, who was sitting uncomfortably in a chair, attempt to scramble to his feet. He got to the edge of her bed, placing a hand on her wrist.

"Haven," he breathed out with a smile. "You're awake."

"Wh-" she started, but she couldn't speak. 

Stiles grabbed a cup of water, helping her drink it.

"What happened?" she asked, laying back down. "Where's Isaac? My mom?"

Stiles brushed her hair out of her face, bitting his lip. "Um... For starters, Matt's dead. Scott's mom knows about Scott. Scott and Allison aren't really on speaking terms right now. Isaac is currently kind of upset you left in the middle of the night and didn't tell him, and ended up fainting, but is more mad at himself for not waking up than at you, at least, that's what he said."

"Is he here?"

"In the cafeteria. He's uh... he's been awake practically the whole time you've been in here. I finally convinced him to go get food."

"How long have I been here?" she asked.

"Just a little over a day," Stiles responded, still running his hands through her hair.

"And my mom?"

Stiles looked away from her for a second, and she felt like her heart would explode if he didn't hurry up and speak.

"She's uh, she's fine," he told her slowly, nodding. "She's just... she lost a lot of blood after Matt shot her. Turns out witches don't have supernatural healing, that's good to know for future references. But uh–"

"Get to the point, Stiles."

"She's also in the hospital right now. She hasn't woken up, Derek's actually in there right now. You've been in and out of consciousness since you got brought in, but nothing from your mom."

"But she'll be okay, right?" she asked, trying to blink back the tears forming in her eyes while she watched Stiles' gloss over.

"She'll be fine," he nodded.

She nodded as well, looking away from him as she let a few tears fall. He moved so that he could place his chin over her head, silently humming to try to calm her down.

"I wasn't strong enough to stop Matt on my own," she told him between sobs. "I should've been able to do it."

✧☾✧

She sat in the guidance counselor, the school forcing her, Stiles, and Scott to go to sessions with Morrell because of what had happened at the Sheriff's station. 

"I'm fine," she shrugged, not wanting to talk to her.

"You were hospitalized for two days," Morrell responded.

"Yeah, well at least I walked out of the hospital, okay? At least," Haven remarked back.

Morrell licked her lips, folding her hands on the table. "Okay, let's start there, then, shall we? Your mother. You witnessed her after she was shot, yes?"

"Yeah, Mrs. McCall was trying to stop the bleeding when I ran to try to help them, but my mom told me to try to find and help Scott."

"And so you feel responsible for your mom still being in the hospital because you feel like you couldn't changed the outcome of the event somehow?"

"No, I don't feel that way. I know I could've."

"And what about you and Isaac? If you don't want to talk about what happened at the station, let's talk about other aspects of your life."

She looked out the window, stating, "We broke up."

✧☾✧

There was a chime at the animal clinic, Deaton turning to Scott and asking him to check who it was. The teen barely made it two steps before the dogs inside started to bark like crazy, as if disturbed. When Scott and Deaton went to check, there stood Isaac.

he had his head down and his hands in his pocket.

"It's okay, Isaac," Deaton said, going to the door that had the mountain ash barrier. "We're open."

He tentatively walked inside, Scott unsure whether to be upset at him or understanding. 

The three stood over the dog on the table, Scott trying to comfort him as he whimpered.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac questioned, earning a chuckle from Deaton. "What?"

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago," Deaton explained. "One day, he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which... were not."

Isaac looked down at the poor dog, asking, "He's not getting better, is he?"

Deaton shook his head.

"Like cancer?"

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it? Come here. I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others? Give me your hand."

Isaac walked over, letting Deaton place his hand over the dog. His veins turned black, sucking away the dog's pain, but he didn't know.

"What did I do?" Isaac asked, fearful.

"Took some of his pain away," Scott explained.

"But only a little. But sometimes a little can make quite a difference."

Isaac wiped tears away on his hand, and Scott told him, "It's okay. First time he showed me, I cried, too."

Isaac looked up, a smile breaking down on his face for what he had done.

✧☾✧

"They're leaving, tonight." Isaac told Scott as he cleaned up. The taller boy was leaning his back against the table. "During the game."

"So, why are you telling me?" Scott asked.

"I'm not telling you, I'm asking you. I'm asking for your advice."

"From me? Why?"

"Because I trust you," Isaac stated.

"Why?"

"Because you always seem to want to do the right thing."

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing—Actually, I always have no idea what I'm doing."

"Hm. Do you want to let me know what you're doing right now?"

"I'm also not going anywhere, if that's what you mean. I have too many people who need me."

"Well, I guess that makes me lucky 'cause-uh-'cause I don't have anyone, so..."

"You had Haven," Scott replied. "And part of me is wondering if you only broke up with her to make this decision easier for yourself."

"She doesn't need me, Scott. Not the way you're needed. She can handle herself just fine without me. She did it at the station."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows at him in confusion.

"I was at her house, and she got the call that you guys needed help, and just took off. Didn't ask me to come, didn't need me to be there to protect her," Isaac explained. "She doesn't need me."

"You're wrong," Scott responded. "You're her anchor."

Isaac just shook his head. He stood up, going towards the door.

"So, what? Are you gonna go with them?"

"Yeah," Isaac said, glancing behind himself. "I think I will."

✧☾✧

50 COMMENTS

DISCUSSION BOARD

· so, who actually read that author's note?

· i rewrote that opening scene so many times, unsure how i wanted to do it

· this touched more on stiles/haven's friendship dynamic & the one growing between scott/isaac as well

· thoughts on the breakup? do u think they'll get back together (i have all of season 3 already outlined hehe)

· thoughts on how isaac thinks haven doesn't need him?

· what do you guys want to see more of?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 100 18
Luka Stilinski is happy to be home, with catching up with Stiles and his dad, bonding with the pack, reconnecting with an old friend, and maybe, jus...
7.1K 196 21
Katherine Lightwood the girl who left Beacon Hills a year ago with her family try to control her powers. She left her best friends Scott Mccall and...
195K 4.7K 37
When Davina Stilinski falls for the "enemy" Isaac lahey, it's like the world changes. People change. {Isaac lahey x fem oc!} I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF
923 49 13
❛ we were too close to the stars... ❜ Amalia, Scott and Stiles. An unshakeable trio. For 10 years, the three have resided in Beacon Hills like your a...