Breathing Blues

By ShatakshiVashishtha

Ranking: #1 in bluefamily #1 in darshaners As of 25/07/20 Tara decides to carry on a stupid mistake because... More

Oh My God, He Thinks I'm A Callgirl!
I Shouldn't Have Done This
Get Your Shit Together
What A Morning!
Let's Keep It Buissnes
He'd Never Be Able To See Me
Life Surprises You
I Came To Check Up On You
This Shouldn't Have Happened
Twenties Are A Piece Of Shit
You Think I'm Horny?
Average One!
It's HIM
You Remembered?
Whatever's REAL Is EXHAUSTING
Write Bad Writeups
Hoping For The Best!
Next Topic - You
Cooler Lifestyle And Fashion Sense
I Wish I Stay The Same
It's Also The Right Word To Use
I Encourage You Not To Die
Happy 26 Raval!
- Tara
Ciao
But Jerk
Ow!
A Lot Of Mess
End Of It
Mistakes Maybe?
Life And Death
Home
Think Less
Viola!
Just Like That
Love, Time, Shadi
Blue Color
New Day, New Life
Cooler People
The World Is Beautiful
Things Move
Live By That
We Don't Die Today
He Makes Me Feel What The Sky Does
Graduation
Go
We Knew
Didn't Made Sense
50/50
I'll Wait For You
Can I Unexist?
You're Fucked
Contentment
Here We Go!
Change Of Plans
Bye Bye Haridwar
Asshole!!!
At The Time
Happy One Year
!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Don't Do Anything Stupid

392 40 50
By ShatakshiVashishtha

52 -

The next day, Darshan posted a picture of us, in which we were sitting near Darshan's window pane, he'd a guitar and I was literally so close to him smoking a cigarette although it looked like a very fake sort of picture it was actually a candid Dhruwal took, with the caption: 🖤

He told me he'll post three pictures and then do an interview with a specific website which were paying him for like telling everything exclusively.

People weren't even realizing how uncomfortable it was, everything in general. I'd a way of using my social media, add back stories, tag my friends into random stuff, post ugly picture and I just couldn't do it anymore because my boyfriend was famous.

Good.

How fair.

I can't blame him but it's still wrong.

I was sitting between my art supplies and I was super mad, I was wearing a big XXL sweatshirt which I'd bought on purpose. For the record, it wasn't Darshan's.

He was in his studio and I wanted to call my dad. After composing myself and gathering some energy I called him.

"Hello", I spoke, very lightly.

"Tomorrow is the first day, na? So your work with full dedication and work hard. Eat Dahi Chini before going", he said and I nodded.

"Yes, will do that. Also I want to tell you something", I said, my heart thumping so loudly that I could feel it everywhere in my body.

"What?", he asked.

Was he angry?

Did he knew?

Was he going to be mad?

Is he in the right mood to manifest this information?

"Say it", he yelled and I broke the chain of my thoughts.

"IHaveABoyfriend", I said in a go.

"What?", he asked.

"I said, I've a boy...fri...end", I let out. I was feeling like a teenager.

"First of all, I knew. Secondly, thank god", he chuckled.

What?

Never in my whole life he was ever this cool.

What was wrong?

"What?", I asked.

"I knew, remember when Darshan and his friends came to have dinner. I saw you doing some things in the kitchen", he said and I pressed my lips hard.

Why, God, why?

"We weren't doing anything at all and I wasn't lying to you when I told you I didn't had a boyfriend all that time I was home. He sort of bumped into me in Raddison and proposed me the same night", I admitted.

"It looked like what fresh couples would do anyways! It only matters if the freshness lasts which won't last. It never does so enjoy while you still can. Thank god you're not gay", he frantically averted.

"You're so homophobiac! What if I was gay?", I rolled my eyes.

"You aren't! And you and him, you guys...you use protection right?", he asked very slowly.

Holy shit.

Awkward.

"What? No, yes, no I don't want to talk about it papa", I grunted.

"Tara take care okay? I trust you but I don't trust him. I don't even like him", he muttered.

Yeah, he never likes any guy who can be suspected of being my boyfriend or is my boyfriend in this case.

It's a very dad thing to do.

"You know you really like him!", I said and he didn't say anything. "Actually, Darshan just posted like a couple of--", Papa cut me, "--I know! I saw. I've an Instagram account", he said.

"WHAT? WHEN? HOW?", I yelled.

"It's not that hard to make it plus it's a secret so that you don't block it. I'm seeing everything you're doing", he reminded me.

"I'll find your ID", I said.

"You can't", he shot back.

"Ugh, I'll", I said. "Bye", I waited for him to reply and he hung up.

Holy cow, that went well.

Okay, problem solved I guess.

Quite easy than I expected it would be.

He isn't calling me home because I am dating. He's okay with it which is abnormally cool but yeah.

Wow!

"Babe", I yelled and instantly realized his door was closed and he's playing wild music in there. "BABEEEE", I yelled louder.

"Do you need anything Vaid?", he asked me, and the music paused.

"I told dad, he likes you", I told him.

"WHAT?", his footsteps grew louder. He looked at me and had the expression like he won an Oscar. "I'm so happy that he approved", he smiled like a baby and I smiled back, looking at the pen in my hand.

"I can tell", I scoffed. "Holy shit!", I looked at him.

"Oh, ugh god what happened now?", Darshan asked, worriedly.

"Your family...doesn't knows about me", I reminded him.

"My dad will be fine, my bua will definitely not be fine since she wasn't even fine with Dhritz imagine you but I'll handle it", he winked at me before going in.

I was thinking of drawing the ocean with soft pastels.

After I did that, I instantly cleaned everything because it was carpeted flooring I couldn't risk colors getting onto it.

While, alongside Darshan wanted to eat Poha for some weird reason so I was cooking that with coffee which is a weird combination but we're weird people.

"Uska hoon, usme hoon, ussey hoon, ushi ka rehne de. Mai toh pyasa hoon ke dariya, vo zariya vo jeeney ka mere", I looked at him, through a small space. He was roughly recording this. "Mujhe ghar de gali de shehar de usike naam ke, kadam ye chalen ya ruken ab usi ke vaaste, dil mujhe de agar dard de uska par, uski ho woh hasin gunje jo mera ghar", I got misbalanced and the coffee cup made a creak voice and Darshan stopped.

I entered and gave him his breakfast.

"Thank you Vaid", he took it.

"Always Raval", I sat in front of him, on the little couch in his studio.

"We need to talk Vaid", Darshan said, seriously and I looked from my phone to him, bkanky.

"What's wrong?", I asked, looking on.

"You need to make chinese food for lunch" he kept a straight face.

"That's what you wanted to talk about?", I asked.

"Yeah", he diverted himself back into his computer.

Darshan's phone rang and he answered it hastily eating food, "Yeah, yeah...okay I'm coming".

He stood up quickly overloading his mouth with poha and giving me the empty plate. He rushed out and I just watched Reels on Instagram.

"VAID, VAID CLOTHES VAID", he said and I ughe-ed before walking towards the closet.

I took out a ripped denim and his H&M sleeveless t-shirt which he got yesterday only. I threw it on him while he was getting out of his pyjama. He looked at me for a second before taking it off and getting into his clothes immediately.

Darshan took a lot of gel and did his hair very randomly and still managed to slay it.

I want a life where I can do that and slay it. I think you're blessed with those skills only when you're famous.

"You've to see Viraj's Reels, coolest shit ever", I said, double tapping on his reels and he replied with a 'hmm'.

"Vaid phone", I fetched him his phone from the studio.

"Wallet?", he asked.

I got him a handkerchief, wallet, car keys all in one go.

"Byeeee, chinese", he went out and I threw myself on the bean bag, scrolling through more Reel, holy hell this is cool shit.

I heard the door open and Darshan walked in quickly.

"What did you forget?", I aksed him.

"You", he bent down and placed a soft peck on my lips before running downstairs.

*

I was making Chinese, mostly prepping for it and then time went quickly as I played Kiwi in the background, yelling the lyrics.

After that I scrolled more of Reels, smoked a cigarette and then threw my phone aside in exhaustion.

My phone buzzed and I looked at it, it was Raval.

Raval: you love me right?

Me: yes

Raval: what if i did something bad?

Raval: i mean like really bad?

Me: what did you do?

Raval: are you SURE you'd still love me though?

Me: WHAT

Me: DID

Me: YOU

Me: DO

[picture message: darshan with a cute puppy]

Me: you did not buy a puppy, did you?

Me: fuck you, i'm terrified of dogs

Me: and you KNEW it

Me: BUT YOU BOUGHT IT THE PUPPY ANYWAY

Betrayer: actually sid went to buy food for the fished in his aquarium

Betrayer: and i saw this adorable golden retriever and he wouldn't stop looking at me

Betrayer: like he chose me

Betrayer: i'd to get him home

Betrayer: he'll love you, you'll love him

Me: no way i hate dogs, they bite

Betrayer: i promise he wouldn't, oreo is super friendly

Me: OH MY GOD, YOU DID NOT NAME HIM ON MY FAVOURITE BISCUIT

Betrayer: but i did ;)

Me: you're not bringing that thing home

Betrayer: vaid it's our baby, legit

Me: no it's not

Betrayer: vaid you'll love oreo

Me: I HATE YOU

Me: i'm breaking up with you

Me: i can't with you

Me: you're not getting that thing here

I threw my phone aside. If that thing comes here, it'll stay in his damn cage. That's it.

It's either me or that thing.

*

It was 4 when the bell rang and I shut my laptop, going to the door. I opened it a little just to see and that thing literally ran in.

"AAHHHHHHHH", I ran into Darshan's stuido and closed it shut.

"What is this behaviour? He should be scared of you, aww you Oreo", I heard his sound.

Darshan, I'll literally throw you and then we'll see who should be scared of me.

"RAVAL PUT HIM IN A CAGE OR SOMETHING", I yelled.

He patted the door softly and I opened it very little.

"Just come out, trust me", he took my hand.

"I'm moving out right now. We're ended", I stated.

"Vaid, trust me okay? Come", I followed him and he quietly bent down. I did too. Darshan whistled and Oreo came in from behind the shoe rack. Holy hell!

Darshan held him. He was a golden retriever pup, of course he was adorable.

"Touch his forehead", he said and I shook my head. "C'mon Vaid, do it", he said and I looked into his eyes.

Godamn so much for love.

I placed my hand softly at his forehead and he was so soft like a cotton candy. He wailed his tale so fast that I almost took my hand back and Darshan chuckled.

"He likes you", Darshan said and dropped him when he literally came onto me and I yelled, "OH MY GOD, AAHHHH--FUCKKKK", just when I realized Oreo was licking my face and I opened my eyes.

His face was literally onto me. I somehow managed my hands and willed to put him up and pushed myself up. He wailed his tail and what it looked like, he smiled.

"See, he likes mom", Darshan gave me a lopsided grin and I pressed my lips suppressing my smile.

"You literally left him onto me suddenly, I trusted you", I protested.

"That's how you quit a fear, adrenaline! See, now you're holding oreo", he said and I was.

I quitely put him down and he started running all over the place. I think I handled oreo because his name is oreo and he's so small and the world doesn't deserves him. Whatever.

So, then I was comfortable much as I was convinced he isn't going to bite me. Darshan was supremely hungry so I served him the Chinese he asked me.

"You know why I love you? Because you cook...so well", he said I gave him a disgusted look.

"A cook also cooks well, so you love him as well?", I rolled my eyes grabbing my phone.

My phone was on silent and my notification bar had lost it. It was a thousand messages on WhatsApp and uncountable on Instagram.

I clicked on Instagram my picture popped on scrolling feed which was as recent as of today. While I was painting, he'd clicked a picture and posted it with a caption: I prefer my reality with you in it.

Ans he had tagged me so of course more people knew, holy fuck! I crossed 10k on Instagram.

Wow!

I was at 15 thousand followers just because I was his girlfriend.

Okay, I'll admit right away, I loved the followers and being his girlfriend wasn't all that bad. It'd its perks.

Darshan's phone was constantly buzzing and he had went to the washrooms just a minute back. I picked it up seeing who it is, someone called Mouli.

I tried putting my thumb on the scanner of his phone but it didn work a couple of times and then it directed back to use pin to unlock. I tired putting the pin in but he'd changed it, oh okay.

I just kept his phone aside replying back to Chintan. He came back in, started scrolling Reels from what it sounded like and ate his chinese food.

I stood up irritatedly, "I'm going".

"Okay", he didn't even look.

I walked in, did my hair again, picked my bag pack and walked out of the house.

I don't care.

I'll just meet my best friend and be happy.

Happy.

As hell.

*

"You mean oral sex?", I raised a brow.

"It's common Nugget", she picked out a dress for her, randomly. "You guys don't do that?", she asked me and I shook my head.

"Darshan finds it gross", I replied.

"Roleplay?", Tripz asked.

"Nah, he's always tired", I told her.

"I always thought you'd need a partner who'd give a lot of thought to sex, tell me why am I wrong?", she asked me.

"Because I don't...sex is great but I don't think it's just that you know? I think he's genuinely serious about this because he has gone past the fun stage and I kind of like that maybe? He got us a dog", I silly smiled and Tripti widened her eyes.

"Only if Sid does half the things Darshan does, I would've married him", she rolled her eyes and J chuckled.

"His name's Oreo", I showed her Oreo's picture.

"Oh my god, Nugget, he's gorgeous", she dramatically mentioned and I chuckled.

"Darshan's like the boy version of you. And when you meet the boy version of you, you're fucked", she said walking in the changing room.

"What about Sid?", I asked her.

"He's the boy version of me", she said loudly.

"We're both fucked", I sat down, on the little stool.

"Yep, quite literally and emotionally", She posed in front of me in this gorgeous teal dress.

"Buy this", I told her and my phone buzzed while Tripz went inside the changing room to get into her clothes.

Betrayer: babe

Me: what?

Betrayer: nothing i just wanted to call you babe

Me: bye

Betrayer: are you mad at me?

Me: let's fight

Betrayer: about what?

Me: i don't know. what's your favorite animal?

Betrayer: um uh zebra

Zebra?

Me: fuck zebra

Betrayer: okay why are you mad at me?

Me: fuck you

I locked my phone and ignored whatever he was upto.

"Come, let's get this billed", she took the teal dress and got it billed while I just looked around the store.

Then we walked upto a chowmein stall to get a plate of chowmein and I sat there playing Lapse on my phone and destroying my country.

"Did you just fight with Darshan?", Tripti chuckled.

"Yeah, he removed my access to his phone that ass! But why?", I asked her.

"Look at this", she passed me her phone.

I looked at Tripti's chat with Darshan on WhatsApp.

Darshan: oye tripti

Tripti: yeah?

Darshan: what's that sparkly shit you put on?

Tripti: highlighter?

Darshan: okay, i don't care. i'm going to the store and i'll call you so you'll tell the employee whatever sparkly shit you put on your face for tara because she's mad at me right now, and i remember she said she liked the sparkly shit you were wearing

Darshan: i need to make vaid happy so i need that sparkly shit

"Wow!", I looked at Tripz who came with our plate of noodles.

"I'm so impressed with him", she chuckled and I gave her, her phone back.

"Me too", I widened my eyes, duping chowmein in my mouth.

Tripti had to go out with Sid so she left and I'd to pick a few final things from Darshan's place that he wanted at our place.

My phone buzzed and he'd tagged me in the last Instagram post, it was the picture we took on a random day where we've applied Garnier charcoal masks. We've thousand of good pictures and Darshan takes the weird ones ugh.

I have to ignore him.

Let's ignore him.

My phone buzzed again.

Betrayer: i love you

Betrayer: you're a bitch

Betrayer: i love you

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Me: bitch?

Betrayer: theory confirmed

Betrayer: no matter how many times you say you love a woman she'll always notice the bad things

Me: is it just me or you're just very dorky today?

Betrayer: it's you, i'm dorky everyday but you're mad at me today :(

Betrayer: also we ran out of pain

Betrayer: paint*

Betaryer: i still have plenty of pain though

Me: you know people treat me like a god

Betrayer: how?

Me: they ignore my existence unless they need something from me

Betrayer: what are you saying? who made you feel like that? vaiddddd

Now he'll do some cute dorky shit.

Me: it's true

Betrayer: nah i even love you when you're sleeping like means when you're not doing anything

Betrayer: i like the way you breathe *kabir Singh way*

Me: shut up! go to hell

Betrayer: wanna go to hell together? ;)

Beatrayer: it can be a date, satan with serve us maggi

Me: you don't even love me anymore you removed my access from your phone, why did you do that?

Betrayer: because hardik used to read my messages so i changed my pass code and deleted all the other fingerprints than me :'/

Betrayer: couldn't you just asked me? i'd to get the highlighter you wanted for you

I could imagine him saying sparkly shit.

Betrayer: and never say i don't love you

Betrayer: i'm always gonna be in love with you

Betrayer: even if shit happens, and we aren't together anymore. i'm always gonna be in fucking love with you

See, cute dorky shit.

Me: i love you

Raval: i need space

Me: i love you

Betarayer: forgiven

Me: muah!

I rang the doorbell and Jyugal up opened the door. I hugged him and walked inside.

"Hardik where's the carton I'm supposed to take home?", I asked him.

"I hate you Taran. You stole our bro away", he looked at me.

"Your bro is almost here all the time so quit cribbing", I sat down in front of him.

"What was your problem? Why couldn't you just move here with us moreover you were here all the time?", he raised a brow.

"Hardik she's a girl, 5-6 guys live here. Cut her some slack", Rudra said.

"She's a girl huh", he rolled his eyes and I chuckled.

Jyugal got the box I was supposed to take home.

"Darshan's where?", Dhruwal asked me.

"With Sid, I guess. They are posting so many stories", I said. "Which reminds me of, why didn't any one of you told me that he posted my picture as his story jerks", I asked sternly.

"See, Taran, we met you because of Darshan and he told us not to tell you and we'll always hear him first", Hardik explained, as expected.

"But, who were fighting trolls and taking Tara's side?", Dhruwal smiled at Hardik and he screwed his face even more.

"I guess it was DICK", Jyugal vaguely pointed.

"He literally took your side and posted a picture with you, didn't you see? He wrote wait a second", Rudra paused.

"I didn't see anything, I've no idea how to manage with so many notifications", I rolled my eyes.

"He said: She's beautiful, talented and an amazing human being. Love you Taran", Rudra told me.

"You wrote that?", I hugged Hardik and he pushed me away instantly, ouch.

"Formality Taran formality, don't take it seriously. I still very much so hate you", he said, his fingers moving over his phone screen.

"Okay, dick", I shrugged looking at the box. A picture was almost peeping out.

I opened it and looked at it. It was a very old picture of Darshan with his family. He looks cutely chomu here.

I took out a few more.

"She emptied the whole carton here", Hardik complained.

The carton was filled with pictures and little stuff here and there. I took the last frame out.

"Let her see, dude", Rudra said.

"Who's this?", I asked Dhruwal.

"That's Chinu...um Chinmay and Raj", he told me.

"Like, DipZip's?", I asked.

"How do you know about it Taran?", Hardik asked me.

"I made a fan club and asked another fan club about it", I said.

"You could've just asked us", Jyugal said.

"Okay Jugni, now I'll ask you but you guys say what Darshan does so...I don't know where to place my trust and faith", I pressed my lips.

"Listen, I know Darshan finds this behavior of yours cute but we're not your boyfriends", Hardik threw a cushion at me and u caught it.

"You can never be really", I teased him.

"I know right? Thank god. But you take care of him so I have to endure you as well", Hardik rolled his eyes, fakely.

"But like, on a serious note I know they don't talk to each other much like what's their deal?", I asked them.

"They do talk to each other but limited", Dhruwal told me and I nodded slightly.

"Who's Darshan's best friend?", Hardik asked me.

"Kritesh right? Haven't talked to him ever but when Kritesh calls Darshan just walks out and talks for two or three hours. Just like me and Tripz", I stated.

"Chinu was Darshan's best friend before Kritesh", Hardik told me.

"Like Jo and Zahira, oooo", I put a reference.

"Like who?", Rudra asked.

"It's a web series reference", I said. "So what happened between them? Why did they stop talking to each other?", I asked him, curiously.

"It's not a murder mystery, relax", Hardik scoffed.

"There were many resons Taran like a lot of reasons", Jyugal said.

"Like, one crack and then slowly it grew and broke the whole vase?", I put it together.

"Exactly!", Dhruwal said.

"And none of us know the exact reason behind it. We only know the small ones but I'm pretty sure that something went down between Raj, Chinmay, Kritesh and Darshan and they never told us that", Hardik said.

Holy fuck, I'm so into it.

"Tell me the small reasons", I asked, pressing my lips.

"So, there was one girl...what was her name Dhruw?", Jyugal asked Dhruw.

"Anya", Dhruwal said.

"So, there was her and Chinu liked her as well as Darshan", Jyugal said.

He never told me about her. Pretty sure we'd a conversation where I told him about Aarav.

"On a side note, how many girls has Darshan dated?", I asked.

"We'll only tell you if you tell us how many guys you dated?", Hardik teased me.

I unlocked my phone and gave it to Hardik, "No one, Dick! But scroll my contact list, there's a lot of number saved with time pass and then the name of that person...I've been with all of them. Now, tell me how many women?", I asked him.

"Damn Taran, you're desperate", Hardik said, scrolling through my contact list probably.

"A lot of women, especially in college", Dhruwal said.

"Give me a number?", I questioned.

"36 something", Hardik assumed.

What? The? Fuck?

He's just like my dad.

My dad had 28 girlfriend for real.

"So, Anya", I pointed.

"Yeah, Anya was with Darshan. Then Darshan went for Rawstar and Anya was with Chinu. Don't get me wrong she was a great girl. Darshan wasn't really giving a damn about her own girlfriend and it was really bad. Then he came back and a major fight happened between Chinu and Darshan. When Kritesh helped in solving that, then the fight turned because Darshan was going and leaving the band and it was all okay till a one or two years and then they completely cut off contact. What I think is, something happened before Anya and after it was all sorted. So, like two times something happened and we don't what what", Rudra explained.

"Though they still talk and meet sometimes but uh like it's not what it was used to be no matter how good they try to pretend", Dhruwal added.

Oooh.

"Oh okay", I put all the photographs in the carton and picked it up, before walking towards the maindoor.

"Don't do anything stupid Taran", Hardik yelled.

"I love you too dick", I rushed.

It really is so strange growing apart from a friend. Not because you fought, or hurt each other, but because whatever held you together before simply doesn't anymore. It's weird someone can know so much about you, and one day you realize they're just not a part of your life anymore.

-
story time: so i wrote this chapter on 19th july when i included darshan singing 'uska hi bana' and he never covers songs that often. on 1st august he posted that recording on his story with a blue heart and good night where he covered this one. i was thrilled. like totally melted.

hope you'd fun hearing this? 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 2.5K 42
A writer who has closed the pages of his heart from the world and hides behind his books. What happens when he meets a girl who is full of life and...
26.6K 2.6K 40
Rank 1 in #darshanraval Rank 1 in #darshanravaldz Rank 1 in #darshaners Rank 1 in #bluefamily As of date 16/06/20 Darshan Raval, successful 26 years...
19.6K 2.7K 56
What if one day you wake up and find out that the world you live in does not have the person who matter the most? What will happen when you can't fin...
23.1K 1.7K 22
A STORY OF FRIENDSHIP.