EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 68

3.7K 185 135
By Neo_Chieri

Third Person View

The huge wooden door opened with a loud slam, a frustrated leader immediately stepping into the large meeting room.
As he had ordered, the rest of NCT had gathered by now, silently sitting at the long table while turning their attention towards the man, who made his way to his own seat.

The atmosphere was nerve-wrecking and everyone could feel their own heartbeat pounding relentlessly against their own chest, patiently waiting for a few words from the well-known redhead.

Well... not everyone was waiting patiently. A younger brunette in particular was waiting to finally get an insight into the current situation, continously tapping his own feet on the ground.

"How are they?" Donghyuck couldn't take it any longer and broke the opressive silence, immediately gaining everyone's attention around him.
Damn, it was always kind of shocking when that many people turned their heads towards you at the same time.

He tried to control his sudden nervousness and the fidgeting of his curious body as best he could, but everyone could clearly see that he was more worried than usual.

Normally, everyone knew him for his carefree and defiant manner.
Excepty for a few older members, there was nothing that could really phase him or catch off guard,but now, after all this time, there was something odd in his expression.

Most were quite astonished to see that look in his eyes that seemed to have been lost for a long time.

"The Medics are still taking care of them," Taeyong now looked into his eyes as he took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure while folding his hands on the table.
"As far as I have noticed, there are no serious injuries. The two should be able to recover from them."

Before he knew, Donghyuck felt a weight lifting off his shoulders when he heard the news, finally letting himself sink into his own seat while sighing to himself.

He knew that he hadn't felt that responsible for anyone in a long time, but after meeting the ravenette girl, he felt as if the brutal reality was being shown to him anew.
A reality in which anyone could pass away at any given time.

"I will talk to Jun later as soon as he wakes up", Taeyong's husky voice ripped the younger out of his thoughts, "But before I do so, I want to know exactly what happened at your school and how in hell you found one of DRGNS."

No sooner had their intimidating leader finished his sentence than suddenly everyone's heads snapped up as they looked at him with confused and wide eyes.
For a brief moment, a few of the members thought they had misheard him, but soon were convinced the opposite, when they saw the speechless faces of the others.

The last rays of the gradually setting sun broke through the large windows and shrouded the brunette in a golden glow while he tried to internalize the elder's words.

Mark was the first one asked the question that was lying on the tongue of everyone in the room, "What do you mean with 'we found one of DRGNS'?"

Subconsciously, Donghyuck's fingertips found their way to the hem of his shirt and he automatically started playing with it while a strange feeling of excitement settled down in him.
He didn't know why he was suddenly flooded with energy and joy, but he already had a certain feeling about it.

"Idiot, I'm talking about that damn girl."

Mark's mouth immediately opened once again, but no words came out so he just stared in his direction while sightly eying his classmates from the corner of his eyes.

The reactions couldn't have been more different among the members present. While some of them were literally paralized and dazed at Taeyong's words, others showed great interest and curiosity.
Of all the facial expressions represented though, none could capture how Donghyuck felt at that moment.

As if Taeyong had just announced the news of the century, the brunette student was completely flooded with euphemism.
The mere thought that no one had ever seen anyone from DRGNS before and that ,of all people, his girl was actually a gang member, amused him up from the bottom of his heart.

"Did you- wait, she's a what now?" Chenle stuttered confusedly and shook his head in disbelief.

No wonder.
He had already spent more or less time with her for a few weeks and that such a secret had come out now seemed simply unbelievable.

Their leader, however, raised only one eyebrow and leaned back in his seat, laughing sarcastically.

"You didn't know the girl in there is a fucking gang member?"

"Is she really a DRGNS?"

"Yes, she's got the dragon tattoo."

For a short moment everyone was silent again, trying to understand and evaluate the current situation.
Although his friends were quietly brooding, everything made sense to Donghyuck.

He knew from the beginning that she had something to hide, but even though he noticed her for a specific reason, he still would've never imagined it to be something this.

Maybe this could explain why she had seemed so familiar to him when they first met... Maybe they had already met before and he just didn't recognize her at first.

Whereas the other Dreamies seemed to put the puzzle pieces together as well, Yuta didn't appear to be completely convinced yet and leaned forward with a few wrinkles adorning his forehead.
He had seen the girl, he couldn't imagine that the petite ravenette could be involved with any of the gang activies happening in their city.

"Is that even a solid evidence though? I mean, it's just a rumor after all. Nobody has seen one of those red dragon tattoos until now. She could've gotten it, because she likes stuff like that-"

"She single-handedly took out three grown-ass men from SVT and has a bloody dragon tattoo on her chest. What on earth makes you think that she's somehow normal?"

Hearing those words out loud, he moody Japanese also finally gave in with that, poking his own tongue against the inside of his cheek, before the second in command also threw a question into the room.

"So..." Jaehyun started, his critical look almost as sinister as the one of his leader. Pondering, he bit his lip and tapped his fingers on the wooden table in front of him.

"Do you think she's the only girl or is it possible that DRGNS is actually made up by girls?"

The redhead now also started thinking about the question, humming softly and scratching his chin with his hand.
The thought itself felt somehow absurd, but on the other hand, there was an actual female gang member in their headquarters, so anything could be possible.

"I don't know," Taeyong sighed loudly as he massaged his temples several times with his fingertips. He hadn't expected this whole situation even in the slightest and therefore had no real plan as to how he should act for the time being.

"It could be a group full of girls, but it could also be a mixed group. Since it's the first encounter we actually have withthem, nothing can be said. The only thing I know is that we have to be even more attentive and careful than before, understand?"

Shortly afterwards, the intimidating man let his gaze wander around the table, examining the approving, but still astonished looks of his members.
Everyone was now well aware that their opponent's gang might've been closer than they had imagined, only able to assume that they might've been watched the entire time. We're they really enemies though?

"We'll figure this out later," Taeyong continued, once again folding his hands at the same time.
"Tell me about what happened first. Up until now, I still only know the minimum of what actually happened. And Winwin, since we're already here you might as well tell me what you found out on your last mission with WayV".

As the leader of the younger unit, it was Mark's turn to describe what had happened at school as detailed as possible.
He briefly explaining how each of them went their own ways to catch up to their upcoming lesson, when they were suddenly attacked by SVT one after another.

He also mention that Jeno had somehow managed to get away while Wonwoo had descided to ask them a few question, right before Sunghee had started to take them down by herself.
Taeyong just listened attentively, calmly asking a few questions here and there, if something seemed unclear to him.

After the ravenette was finished, it was time for WinWin to share his observations together with the other Chinese members. He mentioned a new delivery where they had unfortunately not been able to intervene this time.

Taeyong assumed that it could possibly be new explosives, since they were lucky enough to steal the last load that one time Sunghee had suddenly appeared.
He wasn't sure though and the lack of information about SVT's case was just as big as the one about the currently sleeping ravenette in their guest room.

"This really is something else, isn't it," the leader sighed loudly after the long reports ended, the rest of the guys looking just as exhausted as he did.

Due to SVT's latest activities, there were a few members who constantly had to take on various tasks and missions without taking a break in between.
Their opposing gang was just so unpredictable and unscrupulous that none of them really had time to do anything outside of NCT.

This is exactly why Taeyong had tried to send the younger ones on as few missions as possible. Sure, sometimes it wasn't possible, although they had a lot of members, and he had no choice but to give them specific orders, but even the redhead was aware that they were only children.
It was already bad enough that they had been confronted with brutality and injustice in their pasts, but that didn't mean that they should neglect their youth because of it.

"For now, I'm withdrawing you seven from our missions. I don't want any of you to come near that school again, so instead you will stay at the headquarters for a while. Running into SVT a second time could end up a lot worse than today's events."

Without disobeying or contradicting, the dreamies immediately nodded their heads and reassured to stay undercover.
They didn't really care about it that much. Staying at home would mean that Renjun could rest even longer while ther est of them would be able to enjoy the free time they were now granted.

"As soon as the medics are done with the girl, I will talk to her."

That sentence alone caused Donghyuck to be much more alert and attentive while a brief wave of energy rushed trough his body.
Taeyong was just about to stand up and end the meeting when suddenly Donghyuck shot up from his seat without thinking twice.

"I want to tag along", the brunette surpisingly mention, some of the other members raising their eyebrows critically. The younger one had spoken clearly too fast and out of nowhere, for it to come across as normal, making it pretty obvious what it was all about.

Taeyong noticed the younger's unusual but entertaining behavior as well and couldn't help but put his hands on his slender hips while looking at Donghyuck with a provocative grin on his face.

The amused look of his leader sent an icy shiver down the boy's spine as he had a hard time keeping his cool.

"Do what you want, but get in my way and I will kick you out the window. Anything else you want to say?"

Still grinning, Taeyong tried to refrain from laughing, the same wide smile adorning his members faces.
Everyone could tell that the brunette student had fallen in love and even though Sunghee was a DRGNS, they only cared about his happiness.

It didn't take long before Domghyuck finally cleared his throught, letting his gaze wander between all of them one last time.

"She's my girl, so you better stay out of my way".

I am tireddd 😴
It's 11:35pm and I'm exhausted
It took so long to edit these two chapters cause they are basically 4 chapters
I just didn't want to cut them because it wouldn't make any sense

Hope you liked it tho💚💚 imma head to bed now

Uhhh I wanted to say something funny but I can't come up with sth😂

Also, I'm almost at 2k voted 🥺 wth
You guys are amazing, thank you so much
Love yall😊💚💚💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
342K 15.1K 33
"i can literally suck all your blood and kill you right here right now." "do it pussy. no balls." a/n: i kinda hate this story too !SOME MATURE CONTE...
182 1 10
"Jesus fucking christ you're annoying" "But I know you like it" - In which Jaemin has hated Jeno since 9th grade. Everything about him pissed Jaemin...
42.8K 1.7K 33
Started with a New Year's Kiss Yet they both dared to run away from the truth Started @ 03.19.21 Ended @ 08.26.21 // Btw, if you DO enjoy and actuall...