How to Date an Asshole

De AlanisKorali

Like most people, Lauren had a big crush on a celebrity when she was a teenager. Unlike most people, she met... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue

Chapter 20

7.2K 331 37
De AlanisKorali

Chapter 20

Last night by the door made me realize how lucky I am to still have my Lola; that she's healthy and can still visit me across the state. It made me realize why Hailey was so keen on making things perfect for her and I'm such an ass for even forgetting she's visiting. I want to smack myself for getting irrationally jealous of my best friend as her quote "favorite apo". I'm so stupid and ungrateful.

I woke early, both of them still asleep. Hailey stirred as I stepped over her. We ended up sleeping on the floor last night because we can't both fit on the couch. It's 5:00 AM and I'm making waffles and brewing coffee.

"Hm..." Hailey uttered, standing by the door. "Love the smell of coffee." she walked over to me by the island.

"Good morning," I said, sipping coffee. She took a mug and poured herself some.

"So, what's the game plan?" she sipped on her coffee, "oof, hot."

"Newly boiled. We'll be off by 6:30 to Brooklyn? The tickets I bought for the Empire State last night is for 11:00 A.M."

She nodded, "Well, you better go wake Lola up, then?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna go do that. Help yourself with the waffles."

"Oh, I intend to." She beelined towards to stack of waffles.

I walked out of the kitchen and knocked on the bedroom door. "Lola?"

I opened the door and stood by the side of the bed, "Lola, wake up. We'll go to Brooklyn." I said softly, patting her arm.

She yawned, "Alright, Laurie, what time is it?"

"It's 5:30, I made breakfast."

"You did?" surprise evident in her voice.

"Yeah. It's just waffles and coffee. But I have oatmeal if you want."

She smiled, "Okay. I'll be there with you in a second."

"Alright, we'll just be in the kitchen." I walked away from her. "Oh, and good morning." My hand lightly ran on the door frame as I walk out.

The day was fun, we took loads of photos and I made sure to take extras with Lola. Moments like these are meant to be cherished.

I decided to fill my heart with a sense of gratitude after realizing how much I overlooked it in my life. Complaining was the easiest thing to do and I fall towards its pit most of the time and forget how lucky I am. Last night hit me like a truck. It gave me perspective. From now on, I will try my best to acknowledge my privilege and use it for good. I know that sounds like utter bullshit and what a contestant from Ms. Universe would say, but I mean it. I was just as much of an asshole as Axel James and I gave him shit for it; heck, maybe I'm even a bigger asshole than he is.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you, Lola," I said as I hugged her tightly. She put her hands on my shoulders and searched my eyes, "You take care, darling. I'll see you at Thanksgiving, alright?"

I nodded. "Of course. But you take care. You're the one going on a flight."

She chuckled then ruffled my hair like a child I'm sure she still sees me as. "Ay! I'm gonna miss you so much, my love." She kissed my forehead.

I laughed, "Alright, come on now, you're gonna miss your flight." I smoothed my hair out.

Hailey went in and hugged Lola too, "I'm gonna miss you too, Lola."

"Oh, Hailey, I'll miss you too, of course. You know you can always call me whenever you miss your Gran-gran. I'll never forget how Fely welcomed us into the neighborhood when we moved in, she brought us a pie."

"Lola, how come you've never told us that before?" I asked.

"Yeah, we didn't know this story."

She smiled, reminiscing the old days, "She was really nice to me. I was just getting to know how things work in this country, being an immigrant myself. I had her whenever I don't have John to ask. She'd phone me whenever they need extra help at the Soup Kitchen."

"That sounds just like her." Hailey smiled.

"Yes, she was always so helpful and kind-hearted. Such a brave soul, just like you are."

Hailey looked up, keeping her tears at bay. "Oh, Lola, you're gonna make Hailey cry again," I commented. Hailey chuckled, wiping under her eyes. "Yes, Lauren's right about this one."

Lola laughed softly, "Okay, I'm gonna have to go now my apos. You make sure you're eating well, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Lola."

She smiled at me and we hugged her again. "Text me when you land, okay?"

"Yes, mother."

We all laughed then she walked towards the departure area. Hailey and I waved bye and we walked out of JFK.

My phone pinged while we were waiting for a cab.

"Who's that?" Hailey leaned in to check my phone, "Oh, wow."

"Hey, we're still up for today, right? -Dean"

"Yeah, wow." I agreed. "You think I should still go out with him?"

"Oh, for sure!" she nodded. "Who, in their right mind, would pass up a date with a hot British model?"

"It's just coffee, though."

"He's just being British, you know. Tell him you'll meet him at Corrigan's. Show him how we do dates here."

"Yeah... I don't think I'd like to 'show him how we do dates here'." I air-quoted. "I guess I'd let him lead the way this time?"

She snorted, "Yeah, and just how did it go the last time you let a man lead the date?"

I inhaled sharply, "Paparazzi came into the picture." I puffed out a breath, "In my defense, though, it was part of the deal with Axel. That was his condition. He gets to decide the way the dates go."

"Right..." she nodded, "But this time, it's your call..." her lips pursed. "You have to keep in mind that Dean's also a model. We don't know him but I'm guessing he's making a name for himself if he walked 2nd to the last of a fashion show."

A cab stopped for us, Hailey got in, "You know I hate it when you're right." I got in and closed the door.

She smiled sweetly, "Then I'm prepared for you to hate me all the time."

* * *

I texted Dean the address of Corrigan's and told him to be there by 7:00. I was walking towards Corrigan's when my phone alerted from a text.

"I'm here. :) -Dean"

I replied, "You know you don't have to sign your name anymore, right? I have your number saved. I'm on my way."

I snuck my phone back in my purse and continued to walk. It buzzed again as I reach the front door of Corrigan's. I ignored it and check my coat in at the counter. I spotted Dean immediately, sitting on the corner table.

"Thanks," I said to the man at the counter as I adjusted my navy midi dress.

"Hey." Dean greeted as we walked towards each other.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You look gorgeous." He leaned in for a kiss.

"Whoa, hold your horses, cowboy."

"You mean equestrian?" he suggested.

I laughed. "Easy there."

"Wait, you didn't think?" he laughed, "I wasn't going to kiss you..."

I arched a brow at him. He shook his head, "not on the mouth... yet, at least. I was going in for la bise."

"Oh, oh." I said and he nodded in agreement with that sly smile of his, "A kiss on the cheek. Wow. Now I feel embarrassed." I laughed, pressing my palms on my cheeks, feeling its heat.

He smiled, "Don't be. But for the record, it looks good on you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He concurred, "Let's go get a table?"

I nodded and he walked us towards a 2-seater, left hand on the small of my back.

He pulled up the chair for me to sit on. "You know I can do that, right?"

"Of course, but I still try to be a gentleman."

I smiled and sat without any further protests.

"May I take your order?"

I looked up at the waiter, "Oh, hey, Sam!"

"Oh. Lauren. Hi."

"How's it going?"

"Same old." He smiled, "And who do we have here?"

Dean chuckled. "This is Dean," I said.

"What's up, mate?" he said to Sam.

"Good." Sam choked a little. "Uh, here's the menu."

"Thanks." Dean received the menu from Sam.

"Uh, I'll have Spaghetti Bolognese and your World-famous Old Fashioned." I smiled at Sam. He wrote my order down.

"World-famous, huh?" Dean cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, the best I've tried, at least."

"Lauren, you flatter me too much," Sam said.

"But it's true!"

"Alright, I'll have the Old Fashioned too." He said to Sam then looked back at me, "I never pass up something good." He smiled and his gaze lingered a bit too long and I can't help but stare back.

Sam coughed.

I blinked away from the trance and tried to regain composure, "Uh, your eyes."

"What?"

"They're hazel, I thought they were brown."

"Oh, yeah."

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, um..." I looked at Sam, he smiled at me with pursed lips. "What do you recommend, Sam?"

"For what?"

"Uh, your other main dishes?" I stuttered.

"Oh, we have pesto..."

I looked at Dean expectantly, "Oh, I'll just have what she's having."

"Spaghetti Bolognese then."

"Yep." He replied.

"Alright, I'll get back to you." Sam nodded then walked back to the bar.

My gaze trailed back to Dean who was already looking at me. He smiled and I laughed nervously.

"So, I'm guessing you must be a regular here?"

"I was. A year ago. Not anymore, though. But I've been here a couple of weeks ago with my best friend. You've met her, by the way. At the grocery store?"

"Oh, yes. I remember you had someone with you, but forgive me if I can't really remember her."

"Well, I would just have to not tell her that."

He laughed softly.

I hissed, "Would it be so incredibly rude of me to go the bathroom now?"

He chuckled, "Of course not. Just don't go bumping into other boys."

I laughed, "Very funny." I stood from my seat and walked towards the bathroom.

They only have one bathroom at Corrigan's and I'm glad there's no line because I really need to pee.

I washed my hands before exiting the bathroom. I noticed that people have started to come in but the place isn't crowded yet. Now that I think about it, I've never actually seen Corrigan's jam-packed. I guess it's one of the places in New York where you can eat and drink and still have your wits intact.

I walked back to our table but Dean was talking to a guy who was now occupying my seat, back facing me.

"So, what? You here on a date, man?" his voice sounded familiar.

"Yeah, she's really nice, mate. Oh, here she is." Dean waved at me as I walk towards them.

The guy turned around. "Lauren?"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2K 9 16
⚠𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧⚠ ⚠𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬⚠ ⚠𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆⚠ This book is inspired by @KumoriTodoroki234 I searched up...
851K 19.7K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...
4.3K 531 34
The hottest woman I've ever seen thinks I'm a player who's snacked my way through one too many females. Ever since I met Char, the control freak mana...
196K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...