Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Mission: Acquired

208 9 0
By snuttlebug

"We should decorate," Emi stated simply.

"Why don't you get better first before we start doing anything?"

Emi giggled before trying to get out of bed. She wobbled a bit before falling backwards. Laxus caught her and gently placed her back on the bed.

"You shouldn't be moving too much yet. You're still too weak."

Emi pouted, "This is so boring. I wanna explore the house and all I've seen is this room and the bathroom down the hall. I haven't even seen the kitchen yet!"

"That's because," Laxus reminded as he pulled the covers over her again, "you're sick and you need to recover before you move a lot."

Emi's eyes drifted to the floor and she started to sniffle.

"I feel so useless. I'm so sorry."

Laxus started to panic as he looked at the distraught girl.

"Uh..."

She started to cry harder, which caused Laxus to panic more. He took in a breath and tried his best to comfort her.

"I mean you're not completely useless right now--"

"Laxus! That's so mean!" Mira scolded.

Laxus defended, "Hey! I didn't know how to be nice."

He sighed thinking that he made it worse and got up to leave.

"...You really think so?"

He stopped and looked at her confused.

"I'm not completely useless? That's what you said, right?"

"That...actually worked?" Laxus mumbled to himself before walking back over to the bed.

"How on earth did that work?" Lucy shouted. "That was horrible!"

"Uh, yeah. You do stuff, like, uh...keep me company?"

Emi sat up quickly, causing her to let out a small wince. She smiled brightly at the lightning wizard.

"You enjoy my company?" Emi asked with an excited expression.

Laxus rolled his eyes at the girl before going to leave the room.

"I'll be back with food."

Emi giggled and called after him as he walked down the hall, "Big baby."

-------------------------------------------

"Hey Laxus?"

Said wizard grunted in response.

"Can you cuddle with me?"

Laxus spit out his water and started choking.

"What did you just ask?"

"I'm lonely and cold. I just wanted to know if you would cuddle with me to make me warm."

"Absolutely not. I'll get another blanket."

Emi frowned and buried herself in the four blankets she already was given earlier that day.

Lucy, Lisanna and Mira laughed.

"How many times did you ask him that day?"

Laxus came in with another blanket and threw it over her. He went to leave when her voice squeaked out from under the blankets.

"Will you at least stay here? You didn't solve the 'lonely' part at all."

Laxus huffed before pulling his chair to his usual spot next to the bed. They sat in silence. Laxus struggled to keep his eyes open, as he had slept very little in the past week from trying to tend to Emi. His eyes started shutting on their own and his breathing would slow. Emi peeked her head from under the blankets and rolled her eyes.

"You could always just lay down and sleep here. You'd still be by me if I need you."

"No."

"It beats sleeping in an uncomfortable folding chair, don't you think?"

Emi could feel the stare that Laxus was giving her, but she just smiled to herself and poked her head back into the cocoon. They sat there in silence as Laxus continued to stare down the bed. Emi heard Laxus get up from the chair, and she silently cheered to herself. Her excitement quickly died down as she heard his footsteps leave the room. She unwrapped herself from the blankets and glared at the door.

All the girls let out a disappointed sigh.

"Really?!"

She huffed and threw herself down, angrily tucking herself into the blankets. She muttered to herself before forcing her eyes shut. Moments later she felt the bed dip, causing her to jump at the sudden change. She poked her head out and saw that Laxus was sitting there with what looked like another blanket from the hall closet and his pillow. She smiled brightly before urging him to lay down. He reluctantly did so.

"Before you even start," Laxus chided, "you are not coming over to my side."

"What's the point of it then?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Emi retreated back into her cocoon before scooting the whole thing closer to Laxus.

"Hey, what did I just say?"

"Just for ten minutes? Please?"

"Why are you so persistent with this?"

"Because I don't know who I am, I've been traveling nonstop with a stranger, I got so sick that I can't move, and I have no one else. So I would like to have someone stay with me while I deal with all that."

Laxus scoffed. Emi continued to scoot closer to him until she was right next to him. Laxus let out a "tsk" and then went silent.

"Are you feeling any better since yesterday?" Laxus asked, concerned.

"Not really," Emi truthfully responded. "But a hug a day keeps the sickness away!"

Laxus turned from his back to his side so he was facing her.

"Did you seriously just say that?"

Emi poked her head out from the blankets again and giggled. She lifted his arm up in the air and let it fall on her.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"You said you would cuddle."

"I never said that."

Laxus's eyes started to close on their own again, but he refused to sleep. Emi loosened the blanket cocoon and scooted closer before her breathing slowed and she drifted off. Laxus huffed before looking down at her sleeping form. He studied her face for a minute before resting his head on the pillow and eventually fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Emi opened her eyes to see that Laxus was snoring softly and had his arm resting over her still. She giggled and gently shook him. He groaned before lazily opening his eyes and looking down. He was met with a soft smile from Emi. He blushed before retracting his arm and sitting up.

"There. I did what you wanted. Are you better now, brat?"

Emi ripped the blankets off her and jumped out of bed.

"You shouldn't be moving like that! You'll hurt yourself."

"But I gotta pee."

Laxus rolled his eyes as Emi left to go to the bathroom. He started to make the bed and take his pillow back to his room when he was met with Emi standing in front of him.

"Where are you going?" Emi inquired.

"To put this back and then make breakfast."

"But you said you would--"

"That deal was nullified as soon as you left the bed. Now shoo."

Emi puffed her cheeks out before stepping aside and walking back to her bed with her head hung low. She seemed to think of something because she turned to where Laxus was standing and shouted down the hall.

"Can I see downstairs now?"

Laxus shouted back, "You're still not better. Heal first."

She padded down the hallway and went to what she assumed to be Laxus's room.

"Holy shit," she breathed. "This room is huge!"

Laxus appeared behind her and crossed his arms before asking what she was doing. She ignored him and ran over to his bed and started jumping on it.

"What the hell? Knock it off! You're gonna get hurt."

"But Laxus, this is such a big room!"

"Well yeah. It's the main bedroom."

"Why do you get the biggest one?" Emi pouted.

Laxus walked over to the side of the bed and gently took her arm and guided her back to the floor. He gave a quick smirk.

"Because I called it first."

"That's so not fair! I didn't even know about it!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 4.6K 47
Anala Dreyar, Laxus' sister, hasn't seen her brother in 15 years. When she finally arrives at the Fairytail guild, everyone is shocked. What will hap...
21.7K 581 16
After Fairy Tail have been reinstated, the empty feeling of losing her mother figure still haunts Lucy. Her efforts of finding Aquarius in each missi...
307K 8.4K 25
{Complete} A Laxus x Reader Story... Storms of a malicious intent have been plaguing Fiore. When it strikes a town people can't leave their homes...
1M 27.6K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...