Serendipity ( Kim Taehyung)

By taestuIip

"Serendipity is subjective. Not necessarily big things, small things too. Like finding a place to sit amidst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 : Serendipity
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Epilogue - Part 3
Epilogue - Part 4
Epilogue - FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 8

3.1K 163 118
By taestuIip

"Here you go"

Seokjin smiles as he joins Haru on the long chair at the lounge area, sparing some time to catch up with her. They frequently hang out whenever he is done for the evening and usually they would talk over coffees.

"Thank you, Dr Kim," she beams a smile. "You look so exhausted, can you go home and rest?"

"I have a few more hours before my shift ends. But, don't mind me. I am used to it", he rests his tired back on the chair, leaning his head on the wall beside him before letting out a long sigh. "So, what is up?"

"I-I fought with Jiwoo the other day"

"Again?"

"She still doesn't want to report her father to the authorities", she traces the edges of the canned drink, spacing out as she thinks about the problem again. "I don't understand"

Seokjin glances at her, studying her tired face before looking away and blankly staring at the empty wall in front of him. He knows about Jiwoo and her family problems. Haru has been telling him about it and seeking advices from him ever since they have gotten closer. Haru shared a lot about her life and also about Jiwoo to him. He will always try his very best to listen to her and offers advice whenever she needs one. That is the least he can do as a friend to her.

"Maybe Jiwoo is still afraid"

"She needs to think about her future and her mother. Things can get worse—I just—I don't know"

"Hey, you are doing a lot for her. And for Haneul too. Take it slow. You are going to get really stressed if you don't take everything slow", Seokjin gently taps on her shoulder softly. "Give Jiwoo some time, be a little bit more patient"

"Patient you say", she sighs to herself, taking a slow sip of her coffee. "Maybe yes. I kept forgetting about that"

"You have a lot on your plate right now", Seokjin smiles as he relaxes on the metal chair. "Jiwoo has a lot too. But take one thing at a time, okay?"

"Dr Kim"

"Yes?", he turns to her, his handsome smile never left his almost too perfect face.

"I really want you to get to know my sister. You are too handsome for me to let go to someone else that is not my sister"

"You mean, Areum?"

"You remember her name!", she playfully grins at him making the older man blushes as he shakes his head.

"Who wouldn't remember her name? Your sister is too beautiful, and her name is beautiful too"

"You both look compatible"

Seokjin blushes again, feeling slightly flustered at the compliment. He shyly rubs the back of his neck, looking down to hide the little smile on his lips. He had met Haru's sister, Areum,  when she came over to visit Haneul a few months ago. And he could not deny Areum is very beautiful.

"I'll make it happen", Haru winks at him before breaking into a small laughter.

"Your sister is too beautiful for a normal looking guy like me. I think she needs someone that looks as good as her"

"Dr Kim, are you kidding me? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?", Haru frowns at him, her fingers pointing at his face and his figure. "Normal looking? Where??"

Seokjin laughs shyly again, his cheeks and ears red from all the compliments making him cover his face with his hand. "Okay, you need to stop"

"Mark my words Dr Kim, the next time Areum comes back from the states, I will make you two go out for a date"

-

The night seems to get colder and colder each second and her decision to walk to the café not far from the hospital could be the biggest mistake. Haru wanted to take a walk considering the weather looks great and she thought her two layers of clothes would be enough to keep her warm and cozy. However, she is clearly wrong. The early winter breeze is obviously freezing her, making her shivers underneath her thick black turtleneck and her long black coat.

But as soon as she steps into the café, warm air graces her surrounding giving her instant relief from the extremely cold air outside. Blowing her cheeks as she warms herself, rubbing the side of her arms with her gloved hands, she looks around the café. Her eyes search for the person she promised to meet, scanning the place as she takes of her gloves.

"Haru!"

A gentle manly voice calls her from behind the counter, making her look up to find the man she wanted to see waving at her, flashing his adorable sweet gummy smile at her.

"Come here!", he motions her to sit at the table near the counter. "I'll make your hot chocolate. Sit there"

"Thank you, Yoongi!"

Haru unwraps her thick scarf as she walks towards the table he pointed earlier. She watches him standing at the other side of counter, working on her very own hot chocolate—her favourite drink from his café. Yes, this café is his. And the man making her drink is Min Yoongi, a dear friend of hers. They first met about a year ago at a parking lot at a nearby park.

Haru was with Jiwoo that time, shielding her when a fight broke between Jiwoo's parents. Things got out of hands and Jiwoo's father was about to hit Haru for interfering into their family problem but before he could even land his hand on her face, Yoongi appeared. He was her saviour that night and she could not oly imagine what could have happened if he wasn't passing by the park. Ever since that incident, Yoongi and Haru has gotten closer and he made her promise to always call him whenever she needs help.

Another blessing he is.

"Here you go", he places the big white ceramic mug in front of her. "Extra marshmallows for you"

Yoongi removes his black apron and takes a seat in front of her, pushing the mug closer to her gesturing her to drink it.

"Ahhhh smells nice", Haru leans close to the drink, excited as the rich aroma of the creamy hot chocolate reaches her nose, giving her such a pleasant smell. "Perfect for such a cold night"

"Wait", Yoongi squints his eyes at her, studying her face before frowning. "You cried again, didn't you?"

Haru pressed her cold lips together, fidgeting on her seat as she looks down averting Yoongi's gaze.

"Did something happen?", he asked ever so softly, leaning forward as he rests his forearms on the table. "Are you okay?"

Yoongi watches as she gulps to herself, looking like she is trying her best to control her emotions as she sits there. Not wanting to push the matter, he gently takes the spoon resting at the side of her mug and stirs the hot chocolate for her.

"You know I am here for you , right?"

She looks up at, lips slowly curving a weak smile as she takes in his magical comforting words. Yoongi has always been like this. His words sooth her insides whenever she talks to him or when she just sits there in silence with him seated across the table doing absolutely nothing. Haru finds it weird at first, wondering how this man's presence can makes her feel calm just like that. But as times goes by and after their frequent coffee sessions, she finds out just how comforting Yoongi's presence is.

Yoongi has this energy that makes her feel at ease. She feels comfortable and calm whenever she is with him. He feels like a safe haven. The one you yearn to see whenever you have a rough week and all you want is to be with someone that makes you feel at home.

Yoongi is that person to her. He is her safe place.

"You know, Yoongi, sometimes I wish you're my real brother", she grins to herself, her hand gently lifting the mug. "I need a brother like you"

"I am", he leans back on the chair. "I am your brother, and nothing can change that. And you are my little sister. So, you should tell your brother whenever things get hard, okay?"

"Aye aye captain", she chuckles lightly before taking a slow careful sip of the hot chocolate.

"When are you going to come over? Juri has been asking me to invite you over for dinner. She misses you. I can't believe my wife misses you more than she misses her own husband"

"How is she? I miss her toooo"

"Tell me when you are free, I'll ask her to cook your favourite food", Yoongi winks playfully at her, making her break into another laughter.

-

While on the other side of the road, Taehyung was walking across the street when his eyes caught a glimpse of someone familiar through the big windows of the café in front of him. He almost tripped on his own feet when he realizes he knows the person seated at the table near the big glass at the corner of the small café, laughing and smiling as she talks to the guy seated in front of her.

"Is that....Haru?", he heard himself say as he stands at the other end of the walkway, discreetly trying to get closer just to make sure he got it right. "She looks like her though"

Without even thinking, he finds himself moving even closer to the café but also staying hidden at the same time so that he would not get caught. He just needs to see if the girl seated at the table is really her. Once he got close enough and has a clearer view of the cafe, his heart skipped a beat when he realized, it is really her.

"Oh, it is...her", he heard himself say, unaware of the person that has been standing beside him.

"Who is that?"

Turning his head to the side, his heart almost jumped at the sight of Jimin standing so close to him with a confused face. How can he accidentally forget Jimin is with him the entire time?

"Tae, who is that?", Jimin arched an eyebrow, his eyes glancing at the person Taehyung has been looking at. "Somebody you know?"

"That's her", he managed to answer, looking down on the concrete floor. "That is the girl"

A slow gasp escaped Jimin's lips before he takes another quick look at the girl in the café, looking all cheerful and happy as she talks to the guy seated in front of her. Then he turns to Taehyung again, realizing his friend expression might have shifted too abruptly after he saw the girl.

"What's with your expression?"

"What?"

"You tell me"

"What?"

Jimin scoffs at him, shaking his head as he puts both hands into the pocket of his long black winter coat. "You. What's wrong with you? Why are you suddenly reacting like this? Do you like this girl or something?"

His question made Taehyung froze at his spot and he swore his heart might have flipped. But as soon as he recovered from the shock, he clears his throat and shakes his head.

"No, I don't. I was just wondering—no, nothing"

"They look close", Jimin teases again, wanting to see his reaction. "Could that man be her boyfriend?"

"If that so, it doesn't matter to me", he turns around to leave only to hear Jimin speaks again.

"She looks like your type"

"No, she is not. Now, let's go or do you want to camp here and watch her the entire night?"

~~~~

NOTE

hello everyone. DID YOU SEE THE CONCEPT PHOTO!??????? ( I AM SCREAAAAMINGGGG AAAAAAAA)

anyway, here is another update! i hope this chapter is good and enjoyable! Thank you for readinggg. Love youuuu~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469 40 39
The meaning of Serendipity is "the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way." A young woman goes to Busan for a th...
152 15 7
Yoongi: "Coffee with Suga": You are the only dessert he wants, and what he wants he gets. Jimin: "Lace, Rings and Jimin": He's wanted you for a long...
186K 6.1K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
1.5K 25 24
Story about two different personalty tied in marriage. one was happy but the other has crush on someone else. if I know before marriage you can't for...