Arriana's Return

Oleh HeatherWampler

**Fun fact about this story.... It's the first one I ever wrote... Back in 2008!!! The year my own children w... Lebih Banyak

Arianna's Return - Prologue
Arianna's Return - chapter 1
Arianna's Return - Chapter 2
Arianna's Return - Chater 3
Arriana's Return - Chapter 4
Arriana's Return - Chapter 5
Arriana's Return -Chapter 6
Arriana's Return - Chapter 7
Arriana's Return - Chapter 8
Arriana's Return - Chapter 9
Arriana's Return - Chapter 10
Arriana's Return - Chapter 11
Arriana's Return - Chapter 12
Arriana's Return - Chapter 13
Arriana's Return - Chapter 14
Arriana's Return - Chapter 15
Arriana's Return - Chapter 16
Arriana's Return - Chapter 17
Arriana's Return - Chapter 19
Arriana's Return - Chapter 20
Arriana's Return - Chapter 21
Arriana's Return - Chapter 22
Arriana's Return - Chapter 23
Arriana's Return - Chapter 24
Arriana's Return - Chapter 25
Arriana's Return - Chapter 26
Arriana's Return - Chapter 27
Arriana's Return - Chapter 28
Arriana's Return - Chapter 29
Arriana's Return - Chapter 30
Arriana's Return - Chapter 31
Arriana's Return - Chapter 32
Arriana's Return - Chapter 33
Arianna's Return - Chapter 34
Arriana's Return - Chapter 35
Arriana's Return - Chapter 36
Arriana's Return - Chapter 37
Arriana's Return - Chapter 38
Arriana's Return - Chapter 39
Arriana's Return - Chapter 40
Arriana's Return - Chapter 41
Arriana's Return - Chapter 42
Arriana's Return - Chapter 43
Arriana's Return - Chapter 44
Arriana's Return - Chapter 45
Arriana's Return - Chapter 46
Arriana's Return - Chapter 47
Arriana's Return - Chapter 48
Arriana's Return - Chapter 49
Arriana's Return - Chapter 50
Arriana's Return - Chapter 51
Arriana's Return - Chapter 52
Arriana's Return - Chapter 53
Arriana's Return - Chapter 54
Arriana's Return - Chapter 55
Arriana's Return - Chapter 56
Arriana's Return - Chapter 57
Arriana's Return - Chapter 58
Arriana's Return - Chapter 60
Arriana's Return - Chapter 61
Arriana's Return - Chapter 62
Arriana's Return - Chapter 63
Arriana's Return - Chapter 65

Arriana's Return - Chapter 59

299 27 0
Oleh HeatherWampler

Chapter 59

"Arion, slow down," Henry called to him.

"What's wrong Henry?" Arriana asked.

"It's going to be night soon and I'm sure Arion needs rest."

"I'm fine. Do you still want to stop?" Arion interjected.

"No, we should stop. We all need rest and food," he said, sliding off Arion's back.

He reached out his arms to help Arriana down but she was already on the ground, tightening her cloak around her shoulders. She walked around the small clearing but saw nothing except darkness and snow.

"Where are we?" She shivered.

"We are just south of the Northern Mountains," Henry said, glancing up to the sky.

"Now what?"

"We get a fire started, food cooking and get some sleep." He smiled at her. "Can you collect the firewood?"

"Mm hmm. I'll be back in a bit." Arriana walked off into the woods while Henry pulled out a few small bags from the sack he was carrying.

After the three of them had finished eating they curled up around the fire. Arion knelt down while Arriana and Henry leaned against him. Basking in the heat that was emanating from the small fire, Arriana unhooked her cloak and draped it over Arion.

"You don't have to do that, Arriana," Arion told her.

"I know but you're blocking us from the wind. You should be warm too." She smiled at him.

Henry was watching her with curiosity and seeing her kindness he unhooked his own cloak and pulled it around the both of them. Arriana was thankful for the extra warmth of Henry's body so she snuggled up closer to him, causing him to wrap his arm around her.

"Thanks, Henry."

"It's no problem. We don't have many people that show such kindness living in the Icy Dales," he replied quietly.

"What is the Icy Dales like?" Arriana pressed.

"Cold."

"Well I figured that," she laughed.

"Lonely. There aren't many people left."

"I didn't think there were any left in the Dales," Arion said sleepily.

"Most left when King Charles and Queen Anne died. They sought refuge even further north. They wanted to get as far from Lucas as they could. Emily remained, so I stayed with her."

"The old seer? She lives?" Arion lifted his head looking at Henry bewildered.

"She does."

"You're her son?"

"No. She took me in as a baby. My family was from the Northern Mountains; Lucas attacked our village shortly after the assassinations. My parents tucked me into a saddle bag that was strapped onto one of our horses. They sent the horse off further into the mountains in hopes that someone would find me. I still don't know if Emily saw me in the saddle bag or if the horse just went there on instinct, but she found me and took me in. Raised me as her own son."

"That was pretty awesome of her," Arriana yawned.

"Let's get some sleep." Henry pulled her closer.

They all fell into a peaceful sleep. Musing over the quest that lay ahead of them.

"Deacon, are you ready?" Ronan nudged the snoozing boy waking him from his slumber.

"Oh man, that was the worst night sleep I've had in a long time," he said, cracking his neck and back.

"What is wrong?"

"Just a bad dream and sleeping on the ground makes for a bad night."

"I see. Well are you ready?"

"Yeah." Deacon mounted Ronan stiffly.

He could feel the tightness in all of his joints as Ronan started on his gallop. He tried to not think about it, but his mind drifted to Arriana. He didn't want to think about her arms wrapped around Henry as they rode. He knew they would have slept close together last night. The Northern Mountains are cold and snowy. He shook his head trying to shove the awful thought out of his mind. It didn't work. He couldn't be mad though. He was the one that pushed her away. Being an asshole didn't work his way. Arriana was running to Henry. Who could blame her? He was mysterious, well articulated and handsome. Deacon sighed reminding himself to kick his own ass later.

After a few hours Ronan slowed when they reached a small river.

Sliding off Ronan. "Where are we now?"

"We're almost there. Let's have some lunch and rest for a bit first," Ronan told him.

"Sounds good to me." Deacon waded into the river.

He had seen a few of the villagers' fish this way. After fifteen minutes of trying he finally caught one. By this time Ronan had finished eating and was lying on the riverbank soaking up the sun. Deacon started a small fire and ate.

"You ready?" Ronan stood, stretching his legs.

"Yup."

"We'll be there before nightfall."

Ronan backed up a few steps, running full speed he leapt across the river, almost knocking Deacon off.

"Wow. That was pretty cool." Deacon was breathless.

"Thank you," Ronan laughed.

As the sun began to set, the sky turned various hues of pink, orange and blue. Ronan came to his final stop, staring out over an ocean.

"Now where are we?"

"The southern woods," Ronan said, breathing in the fresh, salty air. "This is one of my favorite places in Coresova."

"It's beautiful," Deacon said, sounding flabbergasted.

"If I remember correctly, there is a small area a few miles from here that should have the bamboo and then we'll head east to collect the juniper." Ronan trotted along the beach letting the surf wash up over his hooves.

After half an hour Deacon noticed it started to get even warmer and steamier. The air was thick with moisture and the beach was long behind them. Ahead he saw a dense forest, nothing like the one back at the village. The trees were closer together and taller, much taller. He could actually see the rain forming overhead. As they entered the thickness they were able to hear the call of birds and other animals.

"Who dares to enter my jungle? Another of Lucas' men? Hm, strange you do not have the stink of evil about you," a voice growled from above them in the trees.

"Are the trees talking to us, Ronan?" Deacon looked around nervously.

"I don't think so. That voice sounds rather familiar though. Who goes there? No we are not with Lucas'," Ronan shouted back.

"Oh? Hmm, could that be one of Arion's sons? No, you could not possibly be the little foal Ronan. But your smell says you are. Yes, yes you are! I would recognize that red chestnut coat anywhere!" A tiger jumped out of a bamboo tree and circled the pair.

"I should have known it was you! Rajtan, how are you old friend?" Ronan asked, stomping his hooves in excitement.

"I am well. Who is the stranger you carry? And why do you carry a human? This is not like the leader's herd. Carrying humans around as if you were their pack mules." Rajtan hissed at Deacon.

"It's not like that, Rajtan. This is Deacon. He is part of Queen Arriana's army."

"Queen Arriana? You don't mean...she's back?" Rajtan asked.

"Yes. She's back. We go to battle with Lucas in two months' time," Ronan told him.

"And nobody was going to come down and tell me? You know my family will want to help," the tiger exclaimed.

"We would love to have you and your family in our army," Deacon said, dismounting Ronan.

"I normally don't like you humans but if it's for the daughter of King Charles and will help get rid of that bloody pain in the ass Lucas, we are more than happy to help."

"Why don't you like us?" Deacon asked Rajtan.

"Lucas. He's the reason we hate humans."

"I'm sorry for whatever he may have done," Deacon said.

"He has been cutting down our forest and killing my family," Rajtan said dejectedly.

"He's been killing your family as well?" Ronan sounded horrified.

"Yes. It started shortly after King Charles and Queen Anne were murdered. He sent a group of men here claiming that they wanted to have peaceful talks. We had no idea about the murders that had occurred. Once we let them into our home, they began to slaughter us. My beloved Rinjit was among the casualties. I was able to slay four of the men, my brother killed two others. It gave us enough time to escape to the mountains. After the remaining men left we came out of hiding and settled back down. Lucas still sends men every now and again. None of them make it home," Rajtan explained, looking distant.

"I am so very sorry, Rajtan. Please know that once Arriana takes back the throne you and your family will be safe," Deacon told the distressed tiger.

"If she is like her father, I know. Which is why I am happy to aid in the quest to destroy Lucas."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.1K 474 34
[COMPLETED : 5|09|2016 and slowly editing ] He snapped his fingers and a red flame flourished into existence. "How did you-" "I'm a professional." He...
2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...
3.2K 201 37
In our modern days. In these days, our days. In this century. Two kingdoms with two Royal families chained with differences. They soon will be reuni...
196K 15.2K 51
{COMPLETED} The stars disappeared seventeen years ago. A black night sky has mirrored a bleak existence for the people of Auros. The Gifted, humans w...