Magical Merpeople

By KyssaraSnowheart

In an attempt to find the Grangers, raise a baby and get away from the spotlight of being two thirds of the G... More

Prologue
Planning Before Departure
Departure
Settling
About Mako Island and Strange Girls
Mako's Moon Pool
From Magicals to Magical Merpeople
Research and Exposure
Ms. Chatham's Knowledge
Exploring and News
A Magical Mer's Hectic Every Day
Trust
Preparations and...Death Eaters? In Australia?
Skirmish Under the Full Moon
Explanation
Discovery
Complication
A Lead
Trouble On The Horizon
Moon Stones
Omake: Hogwarts Adventures (Year One)
A Visit to Gringotts
A Day in the Australian Magical District
Angered Mers
Potion Making and Ideas

Talks and Knowing One Another

876 48 1
By KyssaraSnowheart

The moment Harry and Hermione met the girls underwater, said girls took off with their high speed, in an attempt to lose them no doubt.

Harry and Hermione gave them ten seconds before following, knowing the direction they were heading in. They chased after with their speeds and caught up to them with little effort. This caused the mermaids to stop and look at them once more in shock. They both crossed their arms and waited for them to continue.

Cleo, seeing it would be pointless, nodded at them to follow her before setting off, them following. Leaving Rikki and Emma to catch up.

They make it to the Moon Pool and Cleo waits on one side of the pool for her friends while Harry and Hermione wait in the other. Finally the other two arrive and give Cleo a betrayed look.

"Why did you lead them here?! This is our sacred spot!" Rikki accuses Cleo.

"We would eventually have told them about it. They managed to catch up to us and were waiting for us!" Cleo defended herself before turning to their guests. "Who are you?"

"We already told you who we are, that's the truth." Hermione speaks.

"How did you become a mermaid...and merman?" Cleo asks.

"Same way as you did." Hermione answers without missing a beat.

"You were in a Moon Pool under a full moon?" Cleo asks in amazement, thinking that they changed in a different one. "Where? When?"

"Last week in this Moon Pool." Harry answers as he swims to the edge and sits on it, swaying his tail back and fort in the water.

"What? You changed...here? During the last full moon?" Emma asks as she looks at them in some horror.

"Yes, we were exploring and discovered this place by accident. We couldn't get out the same way we got in so we decided to swim out. I'm guessing you can assume what happened next." Harry says, not entirely lying but also not telling the whole truth.

"Did you come here after hearing our talk?" Rikki accuses them.

"No. We came here to explore." Hermione says this time, getting slightly impatient.

"If that's true, why are you tails different than ours?" Emma asks as she looks at their tails again.

"We don't know, but we can speculate it was because there was a special full moon and/or circumstances." Hermione says and waits for them to continue.

"So, you changed during the last full moon, found out you changed after ten seconds of touching water or getting wet and you can swim as fast if not faster than us. Have you discovered what powers you have?" Cleo asks them.

"We have, Hermione can control and boil water and can create fire. I can control and freeze water and other items I focus on, and create snow." Harry answers.

"Whoa, wait what?" Rikki says, "you guys both have Cleo's power to control water, you Hermione have my powers and Harry here has Emma's? How?!"

"Maybe because there were two of us instead of three like you?" Hermione guessed.

"Can you show us?" Cleo asks as she looks at Hermione and then at Harry.

Hermione nods and lifts her hand and water starts to float from the Moon Pool before she drops it and then raises a tentacle of water. Letting it drop, she clenches her hand to a fist and the water starts to boil. She stops and the girls turn to Harry. He does a lift motion with his hand and the water raises, then before it drops he freezes in and then points up, snow falling from nowhere.

"You seemed to have mastered your powers in such a short spam of time." Emma says in surprise.

"It took some time, but we managed."

"How did you find out you were now a mermaid and merman?" Cleo asks.

They looked at each other and chuckle. "Well, I found out when I was brushing my teeth, when I was rinsing my mouth, I collected water in my hand and the next thing I know, my body turned to water and then I fell on my side. My legs were gone and in their place I had this tail."

"In contrast, I had decided to take an early morning bath. After the tub was full I stepped in and, like Harry, my body turned to water and after I had a tail and these shells."

"You make it sound like you didn't panic." Emma says.

"Oh we panicked alright, I used some language that I had my son promise to never use and Hermione screamed so loudly I heard it from my room."

"Wait, who's taking care of your son?" Cleo asks.

"His grandmother is," Harry answers her with a smile.

"Does she know about...?"

"Mione and I? Yes. How could she not after hearing our screams of terror?" Harry chuckles.

"I can't believe you guys. Why are you all acting buddy bud with them?!" Rikki finally snaps at her two friends. "They are strangers! They changed a week ago, according to them, and you're just letting them into our lives without a second glance!?"

Harry looks at her and slides back into the water and swims in the middle of the pool, silent as he does. "We didn't seek you out to expose you, nor cause trouble. We sought you out to find out how this was possible and see what you knew and hopefully be friends. Seeing as you're being so anal about it, we are leaving until you get your head out of your arse!" He finishes and dives, splashing her with water he made colder before swimming away at high speeds.

"He's right you know, we came here for some help. But now that we know you're so against us, we'll try to stay clear of you as much as possible, but don't expect us to stay away from Mako. Like you, we now feel a connection to this island." Hermione says and soon follows Harry with her own high speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cleo, Emma and Rikki could only stare at the water were Harry and Hermione had left before looking at one another.

"Rikki, that was very rude." Emma tells Rikki with an unimpressed look on her face.

"You were thinking it! I was just the one brave enough to tell it how it was!"

"They just recently turned Rikki! They were right about us having our talk in the cafe; were anyone could have heard us. We were lucky Charlotte wasn't there, after that last close call with the Moon Pool when we stayed here camping." Emma says with Cleo agreeing.

"How could you trust them so easily?!"

"You didn't even give them a chance Rikki! They came to us and wanted to talk and you got in their face! The look Harry gave you sent actual shivers down my spine! If looks could kill, I'm pretty sure you would be 6 feet under." Cleo says in frustration due to Rikki's hot headed attitude. "I'm going to try and find them."

"What? Why?" Rikki asks.

"Because I believe them, and I also believe that having them as companions is a hundred percent better than if we had Charlotte," and with that she dives and swims away, trying to find Harry and Hermione.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cleo had swam all around Mako, the sunken ships, the reefs and where the dolphins would swim and play. She didn't find either Harry nor Hermione.

Deciding to try on land, she swims to Lewis' fishing spot and waits to get dry. Once done, she gets up and hurries to the cafe. The only place she has encountered them in hopes of finding them there.

She sees the cafe and makes it inside, only to see them leaving from the corner of her eye and quickly follows them. "Harry! Hermione! Wait up!"

They turn towards her, Hermione with a surprise look on her face while Harry wore a blank look.

"I'm glad I caught up to you."

"Why? Your friend clearly didn't want us around. Why do you?" Harry asks as he crosses his arms and Cleo would swear she say his eyes glow.

"Rikki can be hot headed and headstrong but she doesn't mean any harm. You have to understand, we have been the only ones to have this secret. Then, out of the blue, you guys appear and the next time we meat we find you have the same secret as us. Rikki is a very private girl, and takes some time to get used to." Cleo tells him, making sure to be careful of what she says and how she says it.

Harry keeps staring at her before sighing and uncrossing his arms. "I guess that makes sense, but if she keeps pushing it, I will not hold back and make her regret angering and annoying us."

"I...understand and will let her know, if only to warn her."

"Good. We were on our way to the library to see if we could find more about Mako and the Moon Pool." Hermione says with a warm smile.

"You won't find anything in the library, not really. But maybe Lewis will have something or even Ms. Chatham."

"Ms. Chatham?" Harry asks, Hermione showing her confusion as well.

"She was like us."

"Was? You mean she lost it?" Hermione asks.

"It's not for me to say, but I know were she is and we can visit her now before it gets darker." Cleo says and the duo agreed.

Top Gif Link: MakeAGIF.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 7
"Unveil the secrets of Hogwarts, A Half-demon, wholly mysterious, Ruelle discovers her destiny entwined with Harry Potter's amidst a realm cloaked in...
755K 15.8K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...
6.2K 287 30
This is a story set in a world with no magic. You have been warned. When Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna go on a rescue mission things turn out...
20.2K 513 27
Meet Nash McLaren, your typical 17 years old guy. Life's changes for him as he moves all the way from the concrete jungle of New York to the sunny ti...