Treasure

By CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 50

174 9 1
By CapSwanJones

Two days later... 

It was early morning. The sun was beginning to rise and the sky was filled with fog as Killian carefully steered them into Ambrosia's waters. They had finally made it to Neal's kingdom. Emma was currently wrapped in one of Killian's arms, trying to keep warm as he steered with the other hand. She rested her head on his chest and she let her fingers play with some of the visible hair. She never understood how he never felt cold. Surly his heavy leather coat kept him warm, but he always had his chest revealed... Her fingers graced his heavy chained necklace. It was also cold to the touch.

"If my coordinates are correct, we've just entered the prince's kingdom." Killian said, interrupting Emma's thoughts.

She pulled away from her captain's warm embrace, "I should go wake Neal."

Killian nodded in agreeance and placed a kiss on her head before she headed below deck.

    After heading to the crew's quarters the princess found Neal fast asleep in one of the bunks. She shook his arm several times before he woke. "We're going to dock soon. You should get ready to leave." Emma said softly, standing above Neal.

The tired nobleman rubbed his eyes and stretched out his long limbs, "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you to Arendelle?"

The princess raised her eyebrows at him and frowned her face, "You should've asked that a week ago. Arendelle is in the opposite direction and you are well aware of that."

"Easy..." He responded while sitting up with a smile, "It was just a joke."

Emma, who was not amused, remained impassive. As much as she loved Neal and his humor, it got old as time went on. Growing up with him she learned all of his never-ending jokes. She also learned he never took anything seriously. Everything had to be a joke. Perhaps that was why they weren't a good match. She took pride in her kingdom, wanting to make sure everyone was well taken care of. While Neal did as much as he could with his father's less than civil approach to ruling a kingdom, he would always try and make a joke out of what his father did to his people. Maybe it was his way of coping with it, knowing he couldn't do more...

After leaving Neal to prepare for his departure, she headed to the ship's galley. When her deceitful chefs jilted, she took their role. Killian was more than glad, the princess was quite handy in the kitchen. The last two days, she made delicious meals without draining their food and ingredient supply, unlike the other two cooks. Recently she had just prepared some fresh bread. It was still warm and smelled heavenly. Emma decided to bring King Rumple a gift, hoping it would keep her in his good graces.

Killian secured his ship as Emma arrived above deck with a basket that was releasing the sweet smell of homemade bread into the air. "You better not be bringing that up here unless it's for me." He teased as he finished tying up a sail.

The princess laughed, "Afraid not captain. It's a gift for the king."

"Don't waste your breath. You know he won't eat it." Neal commented, arriving above deck with a trunk of his belongings.

Emma knew he was probably right, but it couldn't hurt to try...

As they made their way to the king's castle Killian carefully took in his surroundings. He had been to many disheveled kingdoms before, but none as bad as this. Fallen buildings and houses everywhere. The villagers had muck all over their faces, their clothes were torn to shreds. The smell of burning trees surrounded them. Neal and Emma had told him that the Kingdom of Ambrosia was a dreadful place to reside, but he didn't believe them until now. Killian pulled Emma close to his side, not liking the greedy looks she was getting from carrying the basket of fresh bread. It was obvious that these people were starved. The princess didn't object to her pirate's protective action. Her magic sensed an evil presence. She hadn't been to Neal's kingdom since she was a very young girl. Last time she was there she saw King Rumple rip out a young boy's heart... After that visit, her parent's never let her travel anywhere else. Not that she blamed them. She was their soul heir to the throne and after seeing what she saw that day, maybe it was for the best.

As the three were attentively walking through the village, a puff of black smoke surrounded them. Before they could blink they were in the kingdom's castle, right in front of Rumpelstiltskin. He had magically transported them to his castle.

"Thanks, papa..." Neal said quietly.

Emma curtseyed without looking at the scaley man, "Thank you, King Rumple."

Killian, on the other hand, couldn't stop looking at the man. He had never seen anything like it. The captain wasn't even sure if he was a person given the man's appearance. Green and golden scales covered the king's body, his nails black, teeth rotten, and deadly green eyes. It reminded him of a crocodile.

"Is there a problem, dearie?" Rumple asked Killian in his unforgettable accent.

Killian cleared his throat, "No, your majesty..."

"Why are you still staring then?" The king questioned, raising his hand.

Knowing Killian would say something idiotic, Emma stepped in, "I brought you some freshly made bread, sir." Emma said, showing him the basket.

Without moving from his seat Rumplestiltskin poofed the basket out of the princess's hands and into his. "And how can I be sure you haven't poisoned it?"

    Panic rose within Emma. Was it really that wrong of her to bring a gift? Maybe he was used to his villagers trying to poison him... "N- No, king Rumple." She stuttered, "I would never-"

"Rumple!" A young lady in a yellow ball gown came running out with a wide smile holding a book. It was obvious she was well kept. Her hair was a beautiful shade of brown and pulled back in many different directions and her bold blue eyes weren't ones you could easily forget. "You won't believe... Oh hello." She said with her sweet accent, slowing her pace after seeing Emma and her pirate.

"Belle. Go finish your book somewhere else." The king demanded.

"You could say please." She teased, "What is that heavenly smell?"

"Princess Emma made some fresh bread for us." Neal said, finally breaking his silence.

A wide smile appeared on Belle's face, "Bae. You're back." She quickly made her way over and hugged the Prince of Ambrosia.

After returning the hug he properly introduced his guest, "The is Princess Emma of Misthaven."

Belle curtseyed with a smile, "Baelfire talks about you all the time, it is such a pleasure to finally meet you."

Emma smiled at her kindness and returned the curtsey, "And Prince Neal has said nothing but kind words about you."

"And this is Captain Killian Jones. The finest sailor is all the realms... and Emma's suitor." Neal announced.

The captain placed a kiss on Belle's hand like he would if he were still in the Royal Navy, "It is a pleasure to meet you, your highness."

She smiled at his hospitality, "My husband has told me tales of a fearsome Captain Jones, you certainly don't seem too terrifying."

The jealous king didn't like any other man being affectionate to his wife, even if it was a simple hand kiss. In return he didn't give the pirate a chance to respond to his wife, "Belle go fetch those servants from the dungeon."

The king's fearless wife raised her eyebrows at him.

"Please?" Rumple added.

Happy with manners Belle went off accompanied by Neal to retrieve the servants that would leave with Emma and Killian to help on his ship.

"I could never thank you enough for giving us servants too help on Killian's ship." The princess praised, "We have recently lost two servants of our own." She continued on trying to make conversation.

"Yes yes, I know." Rumple responded quickly. The king's eyes went dark, "I also know that you are off to Arendelle to study magic."

The princess looked down, trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible. Rumpelstiltskin was by far the most powerful man with magic. It must have been rude to not consider him as a teacher given that he is their closest trading partner and he has known her practically all her life. "Yes sir..." Was all she managed to say. No apology would spare her of his wrath and she knew better than to test this man.

"I'll give you a bit of advice dearie... all magic comes with a price." He responded with a wicked smile.

Killian did his best to remain silent. His fear of Snow and David's secret being revealed had once again returned. This was the man who threatened Emma, threatened her family, threatened his only happiness. Everything in him wanted to rip the king's heart out, and he could thanks to the position Regina made him drink. But knew it would be wiser not too. This man could easily kill him before he even walked one step, and the captain wouldn't dare leave his princess alone with this demon.

Emma, who was clueless, looked at Ambrosia's king with confusion, "I don't understand." She confessed.

"It's like ruling a kingdom, dearie." Rumplestiltskin explained. "Some prices you will be willing to pay, while others you won't see coming." His ear-piercing laugh filled the room.

The princess twisted her face, still trying to understand his riddles.

"Nevermind that." The king said, waving his arms to erase the conversation, "Your mother clearly never taught you anything."

The princess wasn't too fond of the impolite remark made toward her mother, but she remained humble like her mother would want. "My mother taught me many things, as well as my father. Magic just wasn't one of them." She responded, standing tall like the queen she hoped to be.

"Yes yes, indeed." Rumple responded quickly.

"I hear everything you give comes with a price." Killian stated boldly, "What is the price for giving us some of your servants?"

King Rumple stared at Emma with a devilish look, "Consider this a gift."

Emma knew he never gave anything out for free, but she also knew better than to question him, "Thank you for your kind gift."

The captain, however, didn't cave into fear. "Too kind." He remarked, "There must be something you want."

Rumplestiltskin looked at the pirate, it was evident he knew the deal that was made between The King and Queen of Misthaven. However, he was a man of his word. Rumple could simply tell Emma her parents' secret, drain her magic, kill her and go on with his life as the most powerful man. But he also knew if the princess learned magic, she would grow stronger. Her powers would become limitless, and in return so would his. "Believe all the tales you want, but I'm invested in her future, dearie." He responded with an irritated tone, "If I can make her trip to Amrendelle and back easier, then the more time she can focus on her magic."

Killian took that as his cue to remain quiet. Luckily Emma still didn't catch on to the imp's riddles.

"My gods..." Emma said with wide eyes.

Killian looked in the direction where she was staring. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open. "Bloody hell. It can't be..."

Rumple had a devilish smirk. Right in front of them were some of Killian's old crew members. They were disheveled and starved, just like everyone else in this kingdom. The small crew consisted of the captain's first mate, Smee, a few deck hands and the ship's old cook, Sebastian. The King of Ambrosia kept them under lock and key in his filthy dungeon. The men spent their days in the dark, missing their seafaring life. If they ever thought Killian mistreated them, they weren't thinking that much longer.

"Captain! Is it really you?" Mr. Smee asked, blinking his eyes to adjust to the light.

"Aye..." He responded still in shock.

Rumplestiltskin magically removed their chains, "These bilge rats are yours once again."

Emma began to walk over to the crew, despair in her voice, "How did you find them?"

Belle appeared with Neal, "Rumple said he found them lost at sea."

"Are you sure he wasn't the reason they got lost in the first place?" Neal asked, knowing his father all too well.

"Bae!" Rumple scolded, "Have manners."

Killian watched as Emma examined the crew. They were covered in filth and lacked nutrition, but other than that they seemed unharmed. It seemed the king had spared them of any further punishment.

"Do you want them or not?" The scaly king asked, "I have much to attend to today."

"Aye." The captain nodded, ready to leave the dreadful kingdom.

As Emma was hugging Neal for a final goodbye, Belle approached with a book. "Emma! I dug this out of our library." She said handing over the book with a smile, "It's a book on sea creatures. Maybe it can help you and Killian on your journey."

The Princess of Misthaven accepted the gift with a smile, "Thank you, Queen Belle."

The crew made quick work of exiting their captor's castle. Killian waited a few seconds for Emma to finish up her farewells. When she made her way over to him, he placed a protective arm around her shoulder, more than ready to leave.

They only managed to walk a few steps before Emma turned around, "Are you sure there is no price you want us to pay?"

"Not this time." Rumple repeated. "You will pay a much larger price soon."

Killian clenched his jaw as he watched the crocodile-like man laugh his devilish cackle. Emma was prepared to ask another question, but Killian pulled her to the castle's exit.

It was all too clear that Rumple was teasing the princess of her fate. The captain told himself they got out just in time. Her parents weren't going to have another child, so maybe Emma would be safe after all. At this point the scaly man has kept his word with leaving Emma be. But he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep this secret, especially with his crew back. They were all ponds in a bigger plan. A plan Rumplestiltskin might have revealed to the crew in order to get to Emma. For her to come back willingly and drain her magic.

How the captain wished for this to not be true. How he wished to know if his shabby crew knew anything of Emma's prophecy. All he could do was hope that if they did, they would keep their drunken mouths shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 1.1K 16
AU setting (No magic) in which Emma Swan is a criminal private investigator. Her life takes a turn when her boss tells her she must now work with a m...
31K 1.9K 32
CaptainSwan, set in the real world. Emma Swan and Killian Jones grew up in the same foster system together. They'd both been there nearly their entir...
55.9K 2.7K 22
After her ship faces a dreadful storm, Princess Emma is rescued by a group of pirates led by Killian Jones. With hate standing between them, Emma ac...
16.4K 865 22
Forget everything you know about Emma Swan and Killian Jones Lets imagine them in a different way Set in the Enchanted Forest...... Emma Swan, the 'd...