The Revenge Of A Lycan | On H...

By Love_Yourself_10_x

#1 in Lycantrophe #4 Supernatural "Please don't go," I pleaded, grabbing his wrist as he was about to leave... More

00 | prologue
01 | complains
02 | pressures
03 | chases
04 | laughs
05 | struggles
06 | attempts
07 | interactions
09 | dilemmas
10 | outbursts
11 | stresses
12 | discomforts
13 | humiliations
14 | revelations
15 | friends
16 | worries
17 | conversations
18 | waiting
19 | pain
20 | reality
21 | foresight
22 | divulge
23 | past
24 | memory
25 | heart of gold
26 | disrespect

08 | witnesses

9.3K 435 81
By Love_Yourself_10_x

"Sailing through life is like chasing a deadline. We try so hard to accomplish things but we never know how it'd end. We might get things we didn't even work for, and yet, there will be things that we might lose despite having worked hard for them."

-

08 | witnesses

*Fleur London*

"So, how did it turn out?" My father asked me as soon as I entered the house.

Chance and I ended up having quite a long conversation on pack matters and politicals and I found out that his mate was actually the one that overthrew the Alpha. He is lucky to have such a strong mate.

"He's not my mate." I said, quietly, skipping on the part that he has found his mate. He must have a reason for not having announced her as luna yet.

The disappointment was quite evident on my father's face as he sighed.

"You stayed out till so long, so I was hopeful."

I bit my lip. "I'm still just 21, I'm young."

"It's not the you are not young. You are. You are young enough to have an opportunity to atleast look for your mate, but not young enough to sit back and relax," he argued. "What I am worried about is your nonchalance. You know that Alpha's take over the throne at 22, right? You'll turn 22 in 10 months. So if you don't find your mate in that time, you will be forced to mate with someone who is not your soulmate and it will be a marriage of convenience. Will you be okay with that?"

His words made me freeze. It is the truth I've always known, but whenever it tried to bother me, I'd shove it back to the corners of my mind.

I didn't want to think I might have to live my entire life without my mate if I'm too late in finding him.

"Anyway," he said, rubbing his temples. "What deal did you finalize?"

"He gave us 0.1% shares of his perfume business in return for training an army of 100 amateurs of their pack. That would require atleast 6 of our good warriors." I replied. "But since our pack is dealing with a notorious intruder these days, I figured it'd be too danger to send 6 good warriors to another pack. I asked him to wait for a while but he wanted to hurry this, so I offered a mid ground. 50 people from his pack will reside in guest houses of ours, and they'll be trained by 3 of our warriors such that our pack's safety is also ensured, and 3 will go to their pack."

He thought for a little while before nodding. "Sounds fair enough. Plus shares from their perfume business are goor. However, next time try to snag a deal with shares of their pharmaceutical company. I have a feeling that that is going to bloom."

"Okay."

"You did a good job, Fleur."

<><><>

"Domingo, have you ever had a deadline that seemed impossible to reach? Like it's so uncertain that even if you give it all you have, you might not be able to reach it. But it's so important that you can't ignore it either." I asked, as I started cleaning the table as soon as the costumers left.

He looked up from the cash counter for a brief second before looking back down. Then he stopped for a moment before answering.

"Isn't that the best way to describe life in general?" He asked, rhetorically.

"Sailing through life is like chasing a deadline. We try so hard to accomplish things but we never know how it'd end. We might get things we didn't even work for, and yet, there will be things that we might lose despite having worked hard for them." He continued.

I smiled as I realised the meaning behind his words. Unknowingly, he had comforted me. Finding a mate or not is my destiny, but trying is my virtue.

"You seem like someone who is the president of their school's literary society." I quipped.

Suddenly the scent of a werewolf wafted near me and I got alert. I swiftly straightened my spine and my eyes moved to the entrance.

5 seconds later, a werewolf from my own pack whom I recognized to be the daughter of a clothing store own entered.

She must have recognized my scent as her eyes fell on me in a second. Having sensed a human in the room, she quickly and subtly bowed a little.

'Good evening, Alpha.' She said through the mind link.

I smiled at her, subtly.

'Madeline, I didn't know you were into american fast- food.' I said lightheartedly, through the mind link.

'Who isn't, Alpha?'

I chuckled, making Domingo look at me weirdly.

His eyes went back and forth between Madeline and I, and I'm sure he wanted to ask if we knew each other. But his shyness didn't let him.

Sometimes his shyness is beneficial to me.

"One take away hamburger and iced macchiato, please. Takeaway." Madeline said, her eyes fixed on the menu card.

Domingo nodded, as he swiftly started packing her order.

"Here's your order ma'am," he said, and just at that moment Madeline's head snapped up, making their eyes meet.

They looked at each other in the eyes for solid 5 seconds before Madeline gasped.

"Mine," she whispered.

It was my turn to gasp now.

They say that when you meet your mate, you become extremely possessive over them. And extremely protective too. When you first meet, you can stare into their eyes for hours. I have read and heard about this a lot, but after having witnessed the first meeting of a pair of mates for the first time, I could tell it is not very thrilling for a bystander.

It looks creepy and you feel like the ultimate third wheel.

Domingo first broke the eye contact, clearing his throat.

"Have a nice day, ma'am." He said swiftly, before rushing back into the kitchen.

Madeline was frozen in her place. I moved closer to her to see a broken and hurt expression on her face.

"Madeline," I whispered, keeping a hand carefully on her shoulder.

"Why did he run away?" She whispered, her voice breaking in the end as tears started falling down her eyes.

My eyes started to well up too for some reason.

You need to be strong, Fleur. You are the Alpha. I told myself.

"He didn't reject you, Madeline. He's human, he doesn't understand this. The sudden pull he felt towards you must have freaked him out. He's the ultimate introvert on top of that and this was probably the most intimate thing he ever did in his life— holding an eye contact. You need to understand that."

Madeline didn't looked too convinced as her eyes moved back to the door through which Domingo had exited.

"Give him time," I whispered, counseling her as I squeezed her shoulder.

She nodded, slowly wiping her tears. "Of course I will, if you say he's shy, I'll give him time to open up with me. He wasn't rude to me, atleast."

"Exactly! He doesn't know you feel so much about him and that you are in tears. Give him some time, he will come around."

Madeline gave me a small smile and grabbed her packet of food. She left, but not before one last glance at the kitchen.

A number of thoughts were running in my mind after that.

Will I become this fragile and weak for my mate? Will I become this easy to break? If yes, then is it really in my favour to find one?

I sighed as I took my apron, ready to leave.

Some couple these two are.

One of the mates console me and the other managed to scare me at the same night.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ❤ YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY ❤

--- 1300 WORDS---

**Add this story to your library to get a notification everytime I update**

Next update- will try to do daily updates for a while. Fingers crossed! 😁

Hello!!

I hope you liked the chapter!

1. Domingo has a mate!! Did you expect this?

2. Thoughts on Madeline?

3. Favourite burger type? 😋

4. Do you like travelling?

Love you,
Take care! ❤

-Love_Yourself_10_x ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 56.9K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
11.2K 466 30
#39 in Supernatural Several tears have made their way down her cheeks, I'm unsure if it's due to pain or panic. She searches my eyes for several mo...
3.1K 124 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...
443 5 9
I sighed heavily as I scanned the forest. I had heard something or someone to be specific, wandering about. I decided I would leave once I affirmed t...