Woody and Yale Falling Under

By kimmyxad

⚠️ Do not read this book first if you haven't read "I Call Her Blueberry" and you are planning to do so later... More

Prologue
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.

Chapter Fourteen.

56 5 0
By kimmyxad

Woody's Point of View

I haven't lived alone in fucking years and this was kinda lonely I had to admit. It was so quiet, I could hear myself think. I hated that, the fucking silence...because it forced me to be alone with myself,

with my thoughts.

I shifted in my couch as I stared at my TV. It was off but I just stared into its black pit of nothing.

Yale.

I reached for my phone on the other end of my couch and then scrolled through my call list.

Fuck, I called her last night!?

I fucking FaceTimed her. I'm such a dumbass, I hope I didn't fucking embarrass myself. I cupped my forehead with my hand leaning forward as I tried to remember what the fuck we spoke about last night.

I told her I wanted to see her today, I do...but shit, that's all I got.

I lifted my eyes to see the time and then noticed that it was 4pm in the afternoon.

I need to call Denver I need to do something, why the fuck am I sitting here like this. I don't like it.

I think-

I stood up from my couch, shoved my phone into my jeans pocket and then shook off my thoughts as I walked towards my kitchen counter where my car keys were.

Skyline GT-R,

I licked my lips in thought. I should really buy more lowkey cars. I really be out here drawing unnecessary attention to myself.

Where the fuck am I even going?
I opened my fridge to find that I was running low on beer and other shit people need to survive, maybe I should go grocery shopping.

Nah, I should go over to Denver's and ask Kelly to go grocery shopping for me. She likes that type of thing, plus she always buys the most healthiest food and food I need to consume for when I gym.

I grabbed one of the 3 remaining beers in my fridge and then opened it, before closing my fridge.

I-

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I placed my bottle down on the counter.

Yale.

I dug into my pocket and pulled out my phone to see an unknown number.

I pinched my brows together in curiosity but then answered anyway.

I placed the phone to my ear. "Yo." I greeted and then I heard chaos in the background as voices screamed with joy as I leaned against my counter.

"Who the fuck is this?" I was confused.

"Hey! Woody man! It's me Vickrim LaCarter!" He yelled over the noise and then I laughed, feeling joy wash over my chest.

"What a fucking surprise! How you doing man!? The fuck, I haven't heard from you in months!" I was shocked but mostly taken back. I picked up my beer and then took a sip.

Vickrim was a drug dealer in Chicago, he's a little fucking crazy but he's a close friend of Den and I. Him and Denver are a lot a like actually.

When Den and I just started out in this business. He was a big help when it came to making connections and building a clientele. This kids so fucking smart, ruthless and honestly he's going to run Chicago one day. I know that city's his for the taking.

He has all the qualities of a drug boss.

"Fuck how I'm doing! I heard you're single now!" I could feel him smirking. "This calls for a celebration man! I always told you love was bullshit and for the weak. You really fucked up when you decided to make shit serious with her, when you bought that fucking house with her...I knew I lost my boy." He said "but I have him back now! And this calls for a fucking celebration." I could hear him over the music and then it softened as I suppose he had walked to another room.

Vickrim doesn't believe in love, he thinks love is for the weak and that love gets in the way of a person reaching their full potential. He doesn't think being a drug dealer and being in love fits well together, although he does respect when one of his drug dealer friends starts to date even though he thinks it will never last. He loved once, a girl named Penelope but he looks back on his relationship with her as a point in his life where he was weak and unfocused.

"I could use a celebration." I shrugged "Where you at though?" I questioned before taking another sip, feeling the coldness of the bottle in my hand as I swallowed.

"In your fucking town man! I'm renting out an apartment for a week, and I brought company." He laughed "Yo! Lemme talk to him!" I heard another male voice in the background grabbing the phone from Vick.

"Mr Wood! It's ya boy...Stephan Ross Duke!" Steph yelled into the phone pushing out his last name in jest.

Stephan was a rich boy, the drug dealer life wasn't his life. He had nothing against it, it just wasn't for him. Trust fund baby. Rich boy, living in a small town called Richwood. Relationship status, previous manwhore but now settled down with a kid and a fiancé who he loves with every part of him. She's really dope, if anyone could change him it could only be Paisley Charles.

You would think Stephan was a dick, if you're judging him by his wealth and previous playboy ways but hands down that man is the most fucking down to earth person I had ever met in my life. He's generous with his wealth when it comes to charity and he's always down to help others.

Humble as fuck. I Respect that. I have mad respect for him, in fact.

"Don't my boy got a whole ass fiancé and a toddler!? The fuck you doing with Vick, tryna celebrate and alllat!?" I played.

"Boy you no my ass wouldn't be here if my woman disagreed. I'm scared as shit of her. She just gives me one look and I know I gotta pull myself towards myself  and get my shit together." He laughed "Pais said it was cool for me to live a little, she's having a mommy baby weekend thing with her best friend and her best friends kid. They wanted some quality time so she told me to go party and enjoy myself cause fuck, parenting really be no joke man and I haven't been out in fucking months!" He said sounding drained.

"Yeah I can imagine man, but you're like the greatest dad I know. So for sure, you fucking deserve a weekend of fun with the boys. Also, Pais is literally the coolest ever, especially if she's letting you go out with Vick. He's crazy, being out with Vick always comes with drama!" I laughed.

"I can fucking hear you Woody!" I heard Vick yell, I was on speaker "But also where's the lie...plus shut up man your best memories happen when you chill with me?" He joked and then I laughed. "True." I had to agree I have some dope memories with Vick.

"Look man tonight we hitting the club, me you and Steph, Denver...like old times. If Dens keen let him know, I miss that fucking kid!"

Yale. I can't, I want to see Yale.

I hesitated "Sure." I swallowed.

"Oh no, I know that fucking tone of voice!" Steph said.

"There's a girl isn't there!" I heard Vick chime in "For fuck sake, drug life and love don't fucking go together, you gon get yourself killed over a bitch. If anyone were to ever kidnap Kelly, Denver would risk his life for her, take a bullet to the fucking head for her. Love is a weak and dangerous thing in our line of work."

"Nah, if anything were to ever happen to Kelly or any of you. I would take a bullet to the head too. I'm already in the line of vulnerability." I spoke.

"A woman is different man, Steph, you, me and Den...we can protect ourselves and get ourselves out of anything dangerous. Steph been shooting guns at his Dad shooting range since he was 16...mans never miss a shot, best aim I had ever seen in my fucking life. Denver's a fucking gangster, bitch got a whole gang working for him and he has been to jail thrice plus he's fucking crazy and that's something to fear on its own. You've been grinding since you were 15, you know the streets you know how to talk, you're the most logical, and no one can beat yo ass in a fist fight man to man, when that rage get a hold of you. You talented with it all...business, and guns. You the only man I know that can pick up any gun and tell how many bullets are in it without checking, just by feeling the fucking weight! That's a fucking talent. And me? well I'm Vickrim LaCarter...observant, powerful, ruthless, fearless, cruel, smart and I guess I'm a lil fucked in the head...but I'm not on that Denver level yet." he laughed. "but you get it man, we've dodged death more times than I can count and that shit have nothing to do with luck...that pure skill and talent." he said and I agree.

It makes us vulnerable to be in love but, love might not be his thing but I will never deny it if it ever happened to me.

I'll always protect any woman who becomes my girl and take extra precautions to make sure she's safe. I did with Maggie, I taught her how to shoot, and I taught her how to always be observant of her surroundings. I made sure to always be out with her if she had to go somewhere foreign and if she was home alone I had guys watching my house.

but, if it came down to it...Vick was right we take bullets for people we love that are vulnerable, I would exchange my life for any of my boys and of course Kelly, I wouldn't even take a moment to think about it.

Love has its disadvantages but more pros than cons.

"Fuck sake, why you getting serious. You're really a grumpy ass bitch. Yo, I'm starting to think that yo ass aint single by choice boy."

I laughed and then Stephan laughed "Woody go ahead man..."

"What?" I smirked

"What's her name?" Steph pressed.

"Bro, we're friends!" I rolled my eyes.

"Name?" Vick demanded and then I laughed.

"Yale." I said almost softly.

"Invite her." Vick said and I could feel him smiling smugly.

"I can't, she's pregnant and I don't think she's the clubbing type." I shrugged.

"Pregnant!? Boy you move quick!" Stephan spoke.

"Yo, it's not mine....Its her boyfriend's. She's in a relationship."

"Interesting." Vickrim spoke and I know that voice, he's planning something in his genius, devious little mind. "How far is she?"

"I don't know...the beginning stages, a few months..." I shrugged.

"So you can barely notice that she's pregnant? Great! No one at the club will judge her. Invite her!"

"She wouldn't wanna go." I said waving him off. "Well you didn't even ask her yet, ask her and let us know." He was serious.

"Call you later, and look fresh tonight...you wouldn't want your friend," he said friend as if I was lying about her being my friend "Yale to fall in love with me when she sees me looking good instead."

"Yo! Shut the fuck up!" I laughed "And you know I always be looking good, you got tips from me bro remember your roots bitch." I smirked playfully and then he laughed.

"Whatever, fine just take your fucking credit." He laughed "Look, don't forget...ask her, ask Den...call you later." He said and then I smiled.

"Ayt, I'll see." I spoke and then hung up.

What the fuck did I just get myself into.

Yale's Point of View

I felt his hand wrapped around my throat as I gasped for air, dropping the plate I had in my hand as it shattered on the ground into broken pieces while we were both standing in the kitchen, his fingers pressed against my skin as he chocked me while I tried to fight myself out of his hold.

"You don't fucking talk to me like that!" He said with eyes of a demon as she shoved me into the fridge door before my thigh hit the corner of our kitchen table.

I breathed heavily as I pulled myself upright, staring at him with wide eyes as I tried to catch my breath I couldn't even speak.

I stood upright with all the power I had left in me as I felt my body hurt from the impact of his touch.

My hair a mess as loose strands swung down from my bun as he stood smirking before me. He wore a shirt and tie, in full work attire while I was dressed in lounge wear. He had just gotten home from his mistress and then we got into an argument about her,

I was being my usual back-chatty, sarcastic self and he wasn't having any of it today.

Today was his staff dinner, he was having two work colleagues come over for dinner as they discuss some damn work trip they're leaving for after the meal.

Chad was packed, ready to go and waiting for his colleagues while I was in the kitchen making them dinner. I had no damn clue he was even leaving today to go on a work trip for the weekend.

He hardly tells me anything, but I'm glad he's leaving because I want to see Woody,
Fuck Chad.

"You act so tough, but you're a coward!" I yelled with the little energy that I had before I swallowed "Beating up a pregnant women make you feel like a man Chad?" I said knowing that at this point I was asking for it but I couldn't keep my mouth shut sometimes.

He laughed under his breath, with a dark grin on his lips and then he stepped towards me as I moved back and shut my eyes tightly as he gripped my upper arm and yanked me towards the ground pulling me down before gripping the back of my neck as I was forced to look at the broken plate. I quickly jolted my hand forward to grip the kitchen table to hold me up as I hovered over the floor.

"Clean this fucking shit up bitch and go upstairs to put on a turtle neck." He said because he knew his hand mark around my neck was going to bruise, my skin bruises quickly and easily.

He let go of me and then sighed as he neatened himself and corrected his tie, turning around to walk out of the kitchen as if he was annoyed by me but then I pulled myself up and walked towards him with all the rage in my soul, prowling with everything I had.

I fucking hate this man.

I turned him around to face me quickly and then slapped him clean across the face and then he gripped my wrist as he shoved me against the wall. Using his hand to pin down my shoulder as he used his other hand to trap me inside a space he created before he gripped my neck again and tilted up my head before pressing his lips to mine as I felt him kiss me,

I bit his lip hard, hoping to hurt him and force him off me as I could slightly taste a hint of his blood in my mouth but that only made him kiss me harder.

"No!" I tired to push my head aside but his gripped held me in place.

He stopped to look at me for a moment as I breathed with eyes like an owl,

What is happening his just staring at me, I could feel my chest heave. He licked his lips and then I froze.

"I love you." He said as his eyes shifted into something I hadn't seen in a while, love...lust.

I swallowed, looking at his mouth as he ran his tongue across the bruise.

He doesn't know what love is, and if he loved me he wouldn't keep seeing that bitch! He wouldn't hurt me.

Woody doesn't hurt me.

"Get the fuck off me! And don't fucking touch me!" I said in all seriousness as I spat in his face while he still kept me in his hold cocking his head back and then he used his hand, pushed it against the side of my face and then he pressed the right side of my face against the wall. I could feel my smooshed up cheek between my upper and lower teeth inside my mouth and then we heard a knock on our front door.

It was them, his colleagues. I was so relieved as he let go of me and yanked me forward before pulling me to him so he could kiss my cheek.

"Go upstairs! Look presentable." He demanded and then he breathed in and out to center himself, and put his suit on.

The metaphorical suit he wore to show the world. The Chad they thought they knew.

I clutched my hand to my heart as I walked up the staircase in total awe of what had just happened because I didn't understand it.

I was confused, he loves me. I saw it in his eyes, I haven't seen that look in months.

But he hurts me! He always hurts me. That's not love!

That's not fucking love. Fuck Chad!

I-

I opened our bedroom door feeling fury in my heart as I felt tears slide from my eyes as I quickly wiped them and then began to sniff. I heard his guest laughing as they chatted amongst each other.

I pulled out a black turtle neck as I felt more tears stream from my eyes and then pulled out black pants to match. I stared at myself in the mirror and then full-on began to cry as I pulled my hair tie from my hair to see my hair waterfall over my shoulders.

I want to talk to Woody, about anything just anything.

I just want to hear him.

I then locked our bedroom door and pulled open the loose floorboard in our bedroom to find trinkets of my childhood and the watch Woody gifted my kid and...

The phone.

I turned it on and three messages popped up.

"Hey, if I did anything embarrassing last night I'm sorry...I promise I'm cooler than that."

"Hope you aren't busy tonight."

"Call me when you can."

I read Woodys texts and then wiped my face clean before taking a deep breath in and then hit call.

I felt my heartbeat in my throat as I listen to the ringing sound while holding the phone to my ear.

I breathed. He's taking long to answer, maybe he's...

Oh my god.
Maggie!

I begin to get anxious.
Okay, be cool. You know Woody, he'll never take her back and I-

"Hey beautiful. I'm driving, I did a quick local drop in the area. You on speaker."

"Hey!" I felt my lips smiling as I sighed with relief "I miss you." I blurted out without thinking and then immediately shut my eyes in embarrassment.

I'm an idiot.

I could hear him smiling as he spoke "I miss you too. Look, tonight my boys wanna go to a club and I wanna know if you're keen on joining? I initially wanted to just chill with you tonight but they surprised me with all this so I'm inviting you, because I want to see you regardless."

No Maggie? Maybe she decided to let it go, to let him go.

I can only hope.

"Ummmm...." I thought for a moment and then he questioned me.

"Chad going to be home?"

"No." I paused "Yes." I nodded.

He laughed "Can my girl be a little more clear?"

My girl!?

My heart, did he even hear himself!?

I laughed "No Chad won't be home, and yes I wanna go." I said still feeling my lips smile.

"I'll pick you up at 9."

"Okay." I looked up at my reflection in the mirror and noticed myself smiling like an idiot.

"Okay girl. See you later." He sounded flirty and then I hung up as I rolled my eyes.

Quinton Wood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 277 30
Austyn Bennett has experienced more trauma than any 25 year old should. She is fighting and losing against her PTSD and reckless behavior. She has no...
278K 2.3K 12
(WARNING- Lots of mistakes. Read at your own risk) It was their wedding night. She was waiting for him in his room, no now 'their' room. Finally, he...
892K 15.1K 22
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...
1.4M 32.2K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...