Magical Merpeople

De KyssaraSnowheart

In an attempt to find the Grangers, raise a baby and get away from the spotlight of being two thirds of the G... Mais

Prologue
Departure
Settling
About Mako Island and Strange Girls
Mako's Moon Pool
From Magicals to Magical Merpeople
Research and Exposure
Talks and Knowing One Another
Ms. Chatham's Knowledge
Exploring and News
A Magical Mer's Hectic Every Day
Trust
Preparations and...Death Eaters? In Australia?
Skirmish Under the Full Moon
Explanation
Discovery
Complication
A Lead
Trouble On The Horizon
Moon Stones
Omake: Hogwarts Adventures (Year One)
A Visit to Gringotts
A Day in the Australian Magical District
Angered Mers
Potion Making and Ideas

Planning Before Departure

1.3K 57 3
De KyssaraSnowheart

Harry sat in the kitchen of Grimmlaud Place, a bottle of warm milk in hand as he fed his now adopted son Theodore "Teddy" Potter-Lupin. A small smile grazed his face as he looks at the blue haired baby as he drinks away at the milk. Harry's smile soon falls as his eyes land on The Prophet laying on the table.

TROUBLE IN PARADISE! HARRY POTTER AND HERMIONE GRANGER, WIZARDING WAR SAVIORS, END THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH RON AND GINNY WEASLEY!

Letting out a frustrated sigh, he turns back to his son as he hear footsteps approaching from the stairs.

"Good morning Harry."

"Good morning Hermione. Did you manage to get some sleep last night after I went to lie down with Teddy?"

"Not really, but I'll manage," was her response.

Hermione Granger, Brightest Witch of her Age, one third of the Golden Trio and Wizarding Savior has been staying with Harry for almost a month now. She had given her and Ron's relationship an attempt to see how it went, and for a time things seemed to be going well. However, Hermione had recurring nightmares and night terrors, causing her to wake everyone at the Borrow. Ron had tried to be understanding, but soon he started to get irritated of being woken up in the middle of the night by her screams and flailing. Add in the fact he was pushing her to have intercourse when she wasn't yet ready.

Not only that, but all the attention they got from everyone no matter where they where or went, always put Hermione on edge and near the point of having a panic attack, were as Ron basked in it. While Hermione did all in her power to avoid such scenarios, hating the attention and how people would always asked them personal questions, which Ron was more than happy to answer them even if Hermione wasn't.

Finally, both had one of their legendary fights. Hermione accusing Ron of divulging information that other people had no right in knowing, and Ron accusing her of having changed and even being frigid towards him.

Unable to put up with his lack of respect for privacy and in general, she dumped him, packed her belongings and left the Burrow, leaving not only Ron in shock, but the rest of the family as well.

She had Apparated before Grimmlaud Place without thinking and asked Harry if she could stay.

Harry, for his part, had a good idea as to what had happened and told her that she could stay in Grimmlaud for as long as she wanted. She thanked him and has stayed ever since the ordeal.

Sadly, the Weasley family was about to receive more shocking news.

Not even a day after Hermione broke up with Ron; Harry and Ginny, along with baby Teddy, had practically been ambushed by news reporters and other people asking them when they would get married, would Harry continue his studies or become an Auror, and if more children were on the way.

Harry had no intention of answering any of their questions and proceeded with what he had intended in doing. He had taken a few steps before standing frozen at what he had heard.

"We are actually getting things in order for us to get married."

Harry slowly turned, hoping beyond hope that the voice he heard was someone that sounded like Ginny. His eyes landed on a grinning Ginny Weasley being asked more questions while pictures were taken.

He decided to proceed into Gringotts, leaving Ginny behind.

That evening, after putting Teddy to sleep he Flooed to the Burrow and confronted Ginny.

"What was that today? What right did you have in telling them anything involving us? Better yet, why did you lie about us getting married?" He asked in quick succession.

"Well they had a right to know. They wouldn't have left us alone if I hadn't said anything. It wasn't like I was lying anyway."

Harry could only look incredulously as Ginny got a far away look and smiled while whispering "Mrs. Harry Potter."

Massaging the sides of his head in frustration, he tries to keep his anger at bay. "Ginny, we've been over this. It's still to early to talk about marriage. Not to mention that the Hollyhead Harpies sought you out for their team and we haven't been able to date long enough to even consider marriage."

"Why should that matter? You've known me since you were twelve! You should know me well enough after these years as well!"

"Ginny, I just adopted Teddy!"

"What...You...adopted him?"

Harry's eyes narrowed as her mood changed. "Why did you do that?! You can't be a father and an Auror at the same time! Who will watch over him? I won't do it."

That was the last straw. Harry wasn't expecting her to watch him, but he certainly wasn't expecting such a negative reaction to his choice of adopting him. Ginny was more obsessed with Harry than in love with him. He had hoped and thought she was over it, apparently she wasn't.

"Then I guess we have nothing more to talk about or share." He turned and headed to the Floo.

"What do you mean Harry?"

He turns his head and looks at Ginny dead in the eye. "It's over Ginny. You and I? We're done." Before she could say anything else, he Flooed to Grimmlaud Place, and immediately blocked the Floo.

He had just finished a more modified version course in Auror training, seeing as he really didn't need the dueling part as much. He had also taken his Potter and Black Lordship, along with the Peverell and Slytherin Lordship.

(Harry is still a Parselmouth. The Horocrux may be gone but due to the fact that Harry is distantly related to Voldemort, and the Right of Conquest, he retained that gift.)

Harry had been more than shocked to discover he had two extra Lordships and frustrated one of them was Slytherin. However, after learning a more in depth history about Slytherin, he came to accept it. The only other ones to know of the Lordship and his ability were Hermione and Andromeda.

He had hoped in telling Ginny, but after the days event? He was glad he didn't.

"People have nothing better to publish?! This is the definition of invasion of privacy!" Hermione ranted, bringing him back, as she started to pace back and forth, ignoring the small breakfast that was served for her thanks to Winky.

After the war and the death of Dobby, Winky refused to work at Hogwarts anymore. Dobby being the only one who cared for her in her sorrow and helped bring her back from the brink. Instead, she had sought out Harry and all but begged him to have her as a House Elf. Harry, for his part, had agreed and the little she-elf has been happy ever since. Even Hermione was happy, having calm down enough on her S.P.E.W campaign after finally understanding that they need to bond with a witch or wizard if they wish to remain sane and survive.

"I know Mione. I'm tired of them hounding and crowding me whenever I step foot into Diagon Alley or the Ministry. I can't even bring Teddy with me, fearing that people will scare or harm him in any way.

"Not to mention that Ginny is getting more and more desperate to try and get back together with me."

At the mention of the youngest Weasley, Hermione finally sat down and looked at her food before playing with it for a bit. "I know and Ron seems to be worse. He's insisting that we start planning to get a home for us to live in after getting married and having children immediately. Mrs. Weasley agrees with him since she has seen me as a daughter for years now...which isn't entirely true."

Both remained silent, remembering when Mrs. Weasley treated Hermione unkindly after reading an article by Rita Skeeter, even though none of it was true!

Harry puts Teddy down in his cot in the kitchen and starts to eat, Hermione doing the same.

Both had been unable to stomach any heavy meals for the longest of time due to a year of starvation and malnutrition. Add in Hermione's torture under the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange and the Fight for Hogwarts for both of them, food was the last thing on both their minds. Even after all this time.

After eating their small breakfast, and moving to the living room with Teddy for him to play, they watch with smiles on their faces.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"You know how I've been waiting for news on my parents?" She asks as she looks at him and continues after he nods, "well I received a letter yesterday from the Australian Ministry of Magic...and they said they have been unable to find them."

Harry sat straighter while remaining quiet, waiting for her to continue.

"I was thinking, with everything happening over here...why don't we go to Australia?"

At this, Harry's brows almost reached his hairline. "Go to Australia?"

"Hear me out. The Ministry there hasn't been able to locate my parents after three years, and we still can't even step foot into Diagon Alley without being surrounded by people. So why don't the both of us head to Australia? On one hand to locate my parents and hopefully restore their memories, and on the other hand to get away from all of this pressure and privacy invasion from everyone?"

Harry looks to the floor, going over the idea in his head. It was logical, they could get away from everything and everyone, let things calm down as the search for the Granger's. On the other hand, neither of them have he has never been anywhere outside of Great Britain, other than Hogwarts in Scotland. He didn't know how Andromeda would take it since there was no way Harry would be leaving him behind.

Not to mention, he was tired. Tired of going on Death Eater hunts that led to either dead ends or them being captured at the cost of his team and himself being injured. He was tired of the paperwork and the lack of time he needed and wanted to raise Teddy.

Then there were the possible consequences. He was still a new Auror and he didn't know how Kingsley would react in bringing forth Hermione's idea of his accompanying her to find the Grangers.

He looked at Hermione and saw how she seemed to be holding her breath. He sigh and passed a hand on his hair. "Alright Mione, I'll go with you to search for them."

Hermione's eyes widen before a bright smile illuminated her face. "Oh thank you Harry! Thank you so much!"

"You're my best friend Hermione, of course I will help you." Harry smiles and then looks at Teddy, missing the small blush that appeared on her face. "Do you mind coming with me to talk with Kingsley? I would ask him to join us but he's been very busy at the Ministry."

"Of course. Should we call Andromeda?"

Harry nodded and did just that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Andromeda Flooed over to watch over Teddy, both Harry and Hermione got dressed and after two powerful Notice-Me-Not spells on each other, they Flooed to the Atrium.

They slowly make their way to Kingsley's office, avoiding bumping into anyone as best as possible, getting irritated by the rumors going around about what caused the legendary couples to split and what they will do.

'After all this time, they still talk behind our backs.' Hermione thinks as they get into the elevator and pressed the one for the Minister's floor.

Once the elevator opened at their designated floor, they quickly made their towards Kingsley's office, bypassing the secretary and going in.

Kingsley was sat on his chair behind his desk looking over some papers, quill in hand. The moment the door closed, he quickly stood, wand in hand since he knew his secretary would allow anyone in without letting him know beforehand. "Whoever you are, show yourself before the Aurors arrive."

"Still sharp as ever huh Kings?" Harry says as he and Hermione both drop their Notice-Me-Not and smiling at the Minister as he relaxes and puts away his wand. "How are you doing Kings?"

"I've been better. I'm almost drowning in all this paperwork, but it's all worth it in the end. What can I do for the both of you and why did you not tell my secretary to let you see me?"

"We're trying to avoid people as best as possible." Was Harry's response as he looks at the discarded Prophet.

Kingsley follows his gaze and understands. "I see. Now, what brings you here?"

Harry and Hermione share a look before Harry steps closer. "Sir, I would like to be able to accompany Hermione to Australia and help in her search of her parents."

"The Grangers? Have they not been found?"

"No sir. I received a letter yesterday informing me that my parents have not been found, nor do they have any leads as to where they might be. It's almost been three years, and they haven't been found. The only possibilities for that are that the Ministry there didn't give it priority, my parents moved from the original place I instilled in their memories to move to or..."

She couldn't finish the sentence, not that she needed to. The only other option for them not being found was that they were no longer alive.

Kingsley crossed his arms over his chest and got a thinking look.

Harry swallowed, not saying more and saw Hermione stand beside him out of the corner of his eye, remaining silent as well.

After what felt like hours but was only about one minute, Kingsley uncrossed his arms and walked to his desk.

"To be honest with you Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger, I was wondering when one of you would come forth with that request. Though I am not surprised the both of you approached me." He opens a drawer and takes out two files. "These are files for you to be able to be in the Muggle world and ask authorities for information and help without suspicion, along with identifications that you will have to fill out correctly and that fit your needs. However, I strongly suggest caution. Though the Australian Ministry is not biased, they resent the British Magicals."

"Why? What did we do to them? Harry asks, confused.

"Don't you realize Harry? Wizarding Britain is the only branch in all the Wizarding world to still be stuck in the Medieval era, rejecting progress while also getting rid of traditions due to their narrow minds." Hermione answers, Kingsley nodding in agreement.

"Correct Ms. Granger. I am a Pureblood and while I obviously do not agree with the eradication of Muggles and Muggleborns along with Creatures, I also do not agree how our Ministry handled matters involving what should be illegal in terms of rituals and other such magics."

Harry simply stared at Kingsley in silence, deciding to talk with Hermione about it later.

"Now, I suggest you finish any important matters soon."

With that, both nodded towards the Minister, applied Notice-Me-Not charms on themselves again, and left the Minister to his paperwork.

Image from ThoughtCo

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.4K 366 24
" 'Draco!' Hermione screamed. Her hand was the only thing that was holding him. He knew that there was no hope. That he had to let go... He kissed he...
11.9K 589 24
Journeys end when lovers meet...but what happens when two people that have already met a long time ago have their paths crossed again? Is it two stra...
14.6K 206 16
After defeating Monroe The Whole Pack decided to take a vacation to Australia Gold Coast sponsored by Derek and Peter but after a day in the city the...
6.2K 287 30
This is a story set in a world with no magic. You have been warned. When Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna go on a rescue mission things turn out...