Rivals | D.M

By arianatwycross

MATURE CONTENT Draco Malfoy despises anyone that is not pure. So when a half-blood rises up to his challenges... More

Author Disclosure
1. The Boy in Her Dreams
2. The Half-Blood Trio
3. Slytherin Bachelors
4. I'm a Slytherin
5. Butterscotch Pancakes
6. Handling the Heat
7. Compromising Positions
8. "ok"
9. Shattering Reality
10.
11. Fire Whiskey and inhibitions
12. A Drunk Congratulations
13. After
14. Peppermint & Green Apples
15. Sugar Quills
16. The Hickey
17. More than just a Hickey
18. The Alcove
19. The Empty Corridor
20. The Common Room
21. Slow Hands
22. 1:11am
23. The Unexpected Partner
24. The Shambles
25. The First Act
26. The Bathroom
27. The Second Act
28. The Come Down
29. Darling
30. The Desk
32. Slytherin Vs Gryffindor
33. Bruises
34. The Library
35. Beffiting
36. Unwinding
37. The High
38. The Interruption
39. The Vague Confrontation
40. The Spoilt Potion
41. Going Home
42. The Ring
43. Broadstairs
44. The Dark Mark
45. The Tales of Beedle the Bard
46. The Malfoy Yule Ball
47. NaΓ―ve
48. Done For
49. The Calm
50. Before
51. Good Girl
52. The Storm
53. Back to School
54. Just a Migraine
55. Revealations
56. Room of Requirement
57. The White Shirt
58. She's no Angel
59. Liars
60. A Hogsmeade 'date'
61. In the Stacks
62. Jealousy
63. The Cursed Necklace
64. Yours
65. Be my Valentine
66. Bound
67. Goodbyes
68. The Lightening-Struck Tower
69. Darkness
70. Punishments
Epilogue
Sequel- Mercy
Update on Rivals & Mercy

31. The Apple

34.3K 793 2.1K
By arianatwycross

Draco's POV

I woke up to an unfamiliar heaviness on my chest.

Aster.

I was still laid out on my back, her cheek squished against my left side, her face slightly turned up as she slept. I watched as she breathed deeply, her small button nose blowing out air, her eyelashes fluttering ever so slightly.

I turn my neck careful not to wake her. The clock read 6:05am.

I needed to wake her up soon if she was going to get back to her room without being seen. I opened my mouth but quickly shut it. I couldn't interrupt her, she looked too peaceful.

Last night was insane. The bar, finding her in my room, the desk.

I look over at my desk, flashbacks of her moaning beneath me flicker in my head. I try hard not to wiggle beneath her as my morning wood starts to squeeze against my boxers.

I also wasn't too drunk last night to not remember what I said. My secret about kissing, my inexperience and insecurities about being close to someone. I had never told anyone that before. To be honest, I've never talked about how I felt out  loud. Not even with my parents. Definitely not with my father.

Aster seemed like she was from a family that openly talked about anything and everything. The way she so confidently carried out deep conversations as if she was asking you about your day. It was so easy for her. I didn't know anything about her family though, to be completely honest I didn't know much about her. This dark haired beauty sleeping in my bed.

I feel her stir on top of me. I watch as she moves her head up, her eyes flicker open stubbornly.

Abruptly, she pushes herself up from the bed and off me. I push myself up with my forearms in immediate response.

"What's the time?!" she panics.

She twists round to look for my clock.

"It's 6am" I reply, still watching her wide swollen eyes try to take in the morning light.

"Oh thank god" she mumbles, stretching her legs underneath the tumbled sheets.

She rubs one eye aggressively before she finally looks at me.

"Sorry did I wake you?" she asks, her eyes still squinting.

"No I was awake"

She gives me a soft smile before shuffling herself out of my bed. She was still a sight to behold in my Quidditch training shirt and black boxers, even with her messy morning hair and puffy eyes.

I probably looked hideous.

I brush my hair back with my hands and blink harshly a few times, desperate to get the sleep out of my eyes. I crack my knuckles with a pop and lean myself against the bed frame.

She watches me crack my knuckles, still in a daze from waking up.

I shoot an eyebrow up.

She shakes her head before collecting her things from my floor, picking up her boots and shoving them underneath her arm.

"Did you sleep ok?" I ask timidly.

"I did actually" she replies, shuffling her belongings in her hands.

"You?" she asks.

"Yep" I chuckle.

She smiles to the ground and I watch as a reddish tinge appears on her cheek bones.

"I should go" she says, pointing to the door.

"I'll see you later?" I ask, not sure how this works anymore.

She nods, biting her lip in reply. I watch as she flicks her wand to open the door. She sticks her head out and before I know it, she's gone.

Aster's POV

I was still in daze when I slipped back into my room.

Last night was running through my head, the bar, Harper, Blaise, Draco's room, the desk.

He surprises me every time.

Everyone's asleep when I tiptoe to my bed. Once I'm comfortable in my bed, I turn to my side and watch as Harper's chest rises and falls, her breathing gentle and peaceful. The sight makes my heart ache and I just hope that when she wakes she will apologise to Blaise and we can all move on.

I turn on my back and stare at the ceiling and try to take my mind back to Draco. His hands, his lips, the scent of peppermint and apple, his bed.

I woke up to the intrusive sound of a trunk being slammed shut. I whip my head up to find Pansy spritzing her pungent perfume on to her neck. I groan.

"So you actually made it back alive?" Pansy ridicules.

I shove my head back into my pillow.

"Saw your bed empty and your crazy friend already in her bed last night and thought maybe she finally offed you" Pansy jokes.

I roll my eyes. I did not have the energy for this. A small headache was brewing in the back of my temple.

"Fuck off" I groan inaudibly into my pillow.

I hear her laugh smugly.

I pull my arms out from under the covers and twist round to my bedside table. It was 8:16am.

"Since when did you have a Quidditch shirt?" Pansy inquires from behind me.

My eyes go wide in shock as I realise I'm still wearing Draco's clothes. Fuck. I roll back around and pull the covers up to my chest.

I look up to find Pansy standing at the end of her bed, arms on her hips and her beady eyes narrowed.

"Um it was my dads," I mutter quickly.

She frowns but turns away satisfied with my answer.

I let out a soft sigh and take out my pillow from under my head and press it into my face in frustration.

I had a feeling today was going to be tough.

Once Pansy finally leaves and the only sound I can hear is the crackling of the roaring fire to my left, I peel the covers off and climb out of bed.

I stare down at myself. How do I return his clothes?

Once I've finally changed into a pair of leather trousers and a comfy white knitted crop I stare at myself in the mirror. My eyes are still puffy from last night and my hair is a tousled mess.

I brush the stubborn knots from my hair and apply a bit of concealer, mascara and eyeliner before I finally head out. Normally, Harper waits for me to go to breakfast, but I figured she must need some time to herself after last night.

The castle has a slight buzz to it every Saturday morning, students casually hang around in hallways in their casual wear waiting for something to do. The Great Hall is buzzing, and the comforting smell of bacon drifts around the tall walls.

I find Blaise slumped over a pile of half-eaten pancakes. I stare at the pancakes and a sense of despair washes over me.

"Hey" I mumble, as I make myself comfortable next to him. I pick up a nearby pitcher of orange juice and fill my goblet.

"Hey" Blaise replies, just as lackluster as my own greeting.

"Um...where's Harper?" I ask hesitantly.

He looks up and stares down the table, his eyes dim and sad.

My eyebrows furrow as I take his expression in. I follow his eyesight and find Harper animatedly talking to Fred and George, a stack of syrupy pancakes in front of her. I don't think she's ever not had breakfast without us.

I frown.

"Why.." I start, my words dwindling off into the cool air as the realisation starts to sink in.

"Yep" Blaise answers me.

"Is she really still mad at us? " I ask, not sure if I want to know the real answer.

Blaise slowly bites into his own pancakes and chews.

I watch Harper as she throws her head back laughing.

"She walked straight past me when she came in, I called her name and everything but still totally ignored me" Blaise says after he swallows.

I look back at Blaise, his eyes soft as he takes in Harper.

Fuck.

"What are we going to do?" I ask him .

This has never happened before. We have arguments for sure, but she normally comes straight back to us, apologies and we end up making some sort of joke about it.

"I guess we let her process it all. Maybe she will realise that she needs us right now." He mutters.

"What's wrong with her mum?" I ask, suddenly remembering what Blaise had spat out last night.

"My mum told me, she has a heart condition. She's been in hospital for months"

"Months?" I ask, gob smacked.

He nods, his eyes down at his pancakes.

"Why wouldn't she tell us that?" I ask dumbfounded.

Before Blaise has a chance to reply, Draco walks in. His hands buried in his black jeans, he looks up when he enters and finds my eyes. They slip to Blaise and I see a slight hesitancy. I look over to Blaise also staring at Malfoy.

Draco strolls by and sits further up the table, next to Montague and Crabbe.

"I saw him when I got back last night" I murmur quietly.

Blaise looks at me and gives me a suggestive eyebrow raise.

"I mean, I told him you know and you won't blab" I reply frustrated, giving him a hard shove.

He chuckles.

"I won't tell anyone" He confirms.

"We also did a whole lot of not talking" I whisper under my breath, smiling at Blaise chokes on his pancakes.

"Didn't need to know that" he laughs into his goblet.

I half-heartedly laugh but my mind wanders to Harper, still sitting with Fred and George, seemingly happy.

I look back down the table and find Draco, himself also laughing gently as his mates chat.

"Guess it's just the two of us for a while?" I mutter to Blaise, as I pick up a piece of toast.

"We'll be alright Ast," He replies, giving my arm a squeeze.

Draco's POV

I end up getting a letter at breakfast from my Father.

Something I really could have down without this weekend.

He mentions Christmas and how he would like for me to come home for the full 2 weeks. I would rather not, but I knew that I would have to anyway, I've always had to.

His tone seems a little more fretful in his letter and I wonder why he's so desperate for me to come home. Montague came back a few weeks ago from having been sent home and he mentioned something about his parents being secretive and hushed the whole time. He never explained why he was sent home but I got the impression it had something to do with our fathers.

Death Eaters.

Something I try not to think about.

I guess it was common knowledge now that my father was a Death Eater. Thanks to Harry fucking Potter.

Ever since I started hooking up with Aster, I hadn't had much to do with Potter.

But fuck, if he just handed himself over to the Dark Lord, my life would be so much fucking easier.

I just wanted to get lost in Aster's lips, forget about that bullshit.

I look over and find Aster nibbling on her toast. She seemed tired, sad almost. I wonder if it was to do with last night. Did she regret it now? She was a bit tipsy last night, we both were.

I follow her gaze to Bainbridge, sitting squished up next to Fred Weasley. I grimace.

Maybe she was still fighting with Bainbridge? She was sitting next to Zabini, so at least she had him to be with.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Zabini knowing about us. He was the only one that knew we were hooking up. I guess it was a good thing that Zabini had the hots for Bainbridge instead of Aster. Fuck knows why he would choose Bainbridge over Aster. That girl couldn't even compare to Aster Flint.

I wonder what she did with my clothes? She could fucking keep them to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing her in them again.

Montague interrupts my unabating thoughts with a shove to my arm.

"Fuck" I grunt.

"Dude wake the fuck up. We have Quidditch this afternoon, I need you fucking conscious"

I roll my eyes and dig my fork into the bacon on my plate.

Today's Quidditch game was a tough one against Gryffindor. Infuriatingly, Potter had been named captain this year and had a whole team of irritating players.

I wonder if Aster was going to come and watch?

After a long alcoholic-fueled night, I was starving. I shoveled my breakfast down my throat and was still hungry. I look up the table to find the fruit bowl, it was a few too many seats away so I pick myself up from the bench and walk the the center of the long table. I spy a perfectly green apple and I smile to myself as I remember what Aster smelt in Potions the other week. Green apples and peppermint. That girl could not have been more obvious if she tried.

I look up slightly to find Aster staring at the fruit bowl, her cheeks pink and splotchy, her green eyes wide. I lean over towards the fruit bowl, one hand perched on the table to keep my balance as I reach for a perfect green apple. I raise one of my eyebrows, taunting her. She looks up, her mouth perfectly parted as I bring the apple to my mouth and take a huge bite. The whole time, watching her watch me.

Aster's POV

How does he make eating an apple look so hot?

He bites into the green flesh and I hear the crunch from just seats away. My mouth goes slightly dry as I realise what he's doing.

I smelt green apples that day in potions.

He was deliberately doing this.

I mean, I guess I deserve it after the sugar quill incident.

I feel my cheeks grow hotter, as he's grey eyes stare into mine, a glittering tease twinkles in them.

"Aster" a voice echoes next to me .

I tear my eyes away from Draco's and focus them on Blaise.

He looks at me amused.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"He was just getting an apple. What's so fucking blush-worthy about that?" he teases, his eyes crinkling with humour.

"Fuck off" I murmur, my cheeks warm from embarrassment.

A/N Thank you so much for 50k reads!! That's crazy!

And can you believe this is the first time I'm mentioning Harry?! Haha

Also I love the sweet, teasing moments with Aster and Draco! What do you think is up with Harper? Give me your theories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 36 9
Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy have always hated each other since their first year at Hogwarts. After they were accidentally sent back in time, wo...
336K 14.6K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
192K 5.6K 59
COVER BY @CassieLinn After being stuck in an abusive relationship for months, she's saved- but also thrown into an entirely different life. Murderer...
570K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...