Tied to a Cervantes

By RedStilettoes

It is not wrong to run. It is not wrong to choose yourself. It is not a sin to rebel against everyone because... More

Tied To a Cervantes
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 9

2.6K 88 25
By RedStilettoes

Abrianna

I remain poker face as the head of the board introduces Dylan and I. We are here in the conference hall for our appearance at the same time for our first attended meeting. It's basically a back to work scenario.

Kita ko naman ang pagkamangha sa mga mata ng ibang boards habang ipinapakilala kami at binabasa nila ang aming records. I can also see in their eyes that they are expecting much from us. And I love it. I love how they expect high from us because it is driving me to reach my full potentials.

"On behalf of the company, we welcome the both of you, Mr. Hontiveros and Ms. Galvez"

The boards clap. After that, Dylan and I deliver our responses. Matapos ang iba pang introduction at maikling pag-uusap, we all settle down to proceed with our main agenda.

Pumunta sa harap ang representative ng production team para sa report nila. Nasa kalagitnaan siya ng pagbati nang biglang bumukas ang pintuan. We all look up to check who it is and to my surprise it's the clown in the elevator. That woman with thick colorful make-ups. She doesn't even know the concept of aesthetic. Tsk.

"Good morning Ms. Veronica" bati ng reporter sa harap. Some show respect too while others did not. But majority acknowledges her presence. That only means one thing, she isn't that important.

Veronica, as what they call her, roams her eyes and the moment her gaze lands on me, her eyes immediately blaze in anger. "Who are you?" she spits in disgust. Agad ko naman siyang tinaasan ng kilay. And she raises her eyebrows as well. Bitch.

"She's Abrianna Galvez, the new vice president of the company" Dylan says

Does he know her? I'm surprised with his casual response. Ang gaan kasi ng pagsagot niya like he is just talking casually.

I watch as Veronica's eyes slowly glare at me. I didn't badge and blankly stare at her, too. Because why would I fold with her blazing stares. They're not even burning me. They're just lame stares. Tsk. She crosses her arms then glances at Dylan who is sitting beside me. "So, she's the new Vice President" she even mockingly stares at me. I roll my eyes.

If her confidence is shaking because of my prence then she's welcome. She should be proud that I get to bring out her jealousy. Because it just simply tells that she must heighten her standards and be particularly smart in choosing stuffs. Cause honestly, her immitation of a bag stings my eyes.

"Yes, she is. Now take your seat so will proceed" Dylan instructs.

She immediately follows and marches to the empty seat just on our left but right before that she glares at me again. God. She thinks I care. Bitch, I damn don't. Tsk. Tahimik lang ang mga tao sa hall habang hinihintay ang susunod na mangyayari. But I cannot help but think. Are they both related to each other? Because Dylan seems to know her basing from his approach.

He signals the presentor in front to continue. Nagsimula naman ito kaagad matapos umupo ni Veronica. I just fix myself and listen. There's no point on distracting myself and thinking of unrelevant and unnecessary things. I got way more productive things to do.

The presentor went back on his reports. He starts discussing and the whole duration of the meeting, I can feel Veronica's constant glare. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilang mabahala para sa kanya. Gosh. Can't she hide her invidiousness? She's too obvious. Well, I cannot blame her though. Iba talaga kapag lutang ang ganda at talino kaya hindi ko siya masisi for being insecure. It feels right anyway.

The reporter discusses in details the production. He also mentions some things which I find unfit in the situation. The presentation went on until questions and clarifications are raised. I watch as the boards and some reprentatives from other departments present their queries.

"For the secondary packaging, it was discussed previously that 12 units are to be placed in each box. How come you mentioned ten units per box?"

"Mr. Dela Vega, who overseas the manufacturing process?"

"Sir, the production team already cleared this matter to the board yesterday. It was tackled during the emergency meeting of the resource department"

"Will this not affect the allocated budget?"

"This is an adjustment to the budget"

Tahimik lang ako habang pinapakingggan ang pag-uusap ng mga boards. I can also feel Dylan being attentive to the situation.

"You won't say anything?" asks Dylan beside me.

I shake my head lightly. "Later" I just say. Besides, tinatanong din naman ng mga board ang mga katanungan ko sana. "How 'bout you? Any words?" I ask without glancing at him.

"Later" I roll my eyes with his answer. Copy cat.

Nagpatuloy ang meeting at clarifications hanggang sa biglang magsalita si Veronica. She was passive earlier. "What can you say brother?" she glances at Dylan.

Brother? So, their siblings. Half-siblings perhaps because as far as I recently discovered Dylan's an only child to the Hontiveros.

Nanatili akong blangko sa kabila ng sinabi ni Veronica. I heard Dylan clears his throat before speaking. "The presentation is good." I mentally grin at his used adjective. He rarely appreciates or acknowledges something so I guess the presentation hits him at some point.

"I would also like to congratulate everybody for being participative and keen about this project. Nevertheless, I would like to point out the packaging details of the product, specifically the brand."

Dylan comments on the brand seal arguing that it should remain until its fifth anniversary. Malapit na rin lang naman ang fifth anniversary nito katwiran niya at kasabay ng mag-improve ng design ay ang paglabas ng bagong product, the one which is currently under testing, kaya mas maganda na pagsabayin na lamang. New design, new product. Way to attract the market. Good point. Well-said Dylan.

The board agrees and I do, too. Napatingin si Dylan sa watch niya pagkatapos ay nagtawag ng lunch break. Tsaka ko lang narealize na lunch na pala.

I stand up and went to my office even after hearing Dylan call me. As soon as I close the door, I proceed to my desk and check my phone since I forgot to bring it with me in the meeting. Pagbukas ko, missed calls and messages from Cervantes greet me including one from Grego. I roll my eyes with the number. Ang daming messages pero iisa lang naman ang point - we'll have lunch together and Grego will pick me up. Tsk.

Walang pang sampung segundo na hawak ko ang phone ko ay tumunog agad ito. Cervantes' name flashes. I roll my eyes upon seeing it. This man is despicable. I didn't save his number nor have a plan on saving it but he went through my phone and saved it.

Why did you not delete it then?

Irritated with my sudden thought, I slide the button to supposedly cancel it but I mistakenly answered it.

Shit. How careless can I be?

"What?" bungad ko agad sa kanya ng aksidenteng masagot ang tawag niya. Because I should have cancelled it! Not the other way around!

"Go down. Grego's waiting for you already" There he goes again with bossing me around.

"You think I'll follow just because you said so?" naasar kong sabi. Ano sa tingin niya empleyado niya ako? Never was I. And being his wife in paper doesn't permit him to do such. Tsk. Another thing, Grego must really wait. What does he think? I'll straightway go down? No way.

Agad akong napatingin sa pintuan ng bigla itong bumukas. Dylan comes in to my surprise. He closes the door and leans against the wall watching me with his keen eyes. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilang mailang sa klase ng tingin niya. It's like he is guarding me just by his eyes alone.

"Don't make me resort to making conditions, wife. It might startle you" Nabalik ang attention ko nang magsalita si Cervantes sa kabilang linya. And with what he said, I get to imagine his damn face - grinning and eyes seducing.

You can really visualize the look of the person just by hearing their voice alone. And I hate how it is happening to me right now because it only means one thing, I am getting damn familiarized with that man.

"And tell Hontiveros to fucking quit staring at you" his voice threatening. Nabigla ako sa sinabi niya. How did he know Dylan is here?

But my confusion instantly vanishes when my realization a while back suddenly pops in my mind.

Fucking men.

Agad kong hinigpitan ang hawak ko sa phone at sinamaan si Dylan na tahimik lang sa gilid na pinagmamasdan ako.

"Do it your fucking self" I madly end the call and grab my bag. I approach the door to leave only to be halted by Dylan.

"Wait" He grabs my wrist but as soon as he holds my hands, my phone rings flashing Cervantes' name again.

I momentarily close my eyes and open them again.

"Fuck the two of you" I cuss. I didn't waste a second at hinila na ang kamay ko mula sa kanya at agad lumabas ng office.

Damn. Just damn everything. I cancel Cervantes' call and ride the private elevator. I smash the ground button and watch as the elevator closes.

I am fucking pissed off. They are just..so damn maddening!

Tangina lahat ng ito.

Good thing no one entered the elevator. Taas noo akong lumabas ng elevator nang bumukas ito. Hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang mapanuring tingin ng mga taong nadadaanan ko. The same people who are fucking so low in IQ.

Grego immediately opens the car door the moment he sees me. He probably felt that I am not in good mood because he zips his mouth and just nod his head in acknowledgement. Because I swear, a single word from him will taint my hand right at this damn fucking moment.

Pagpasok niya sa kotse agad kong sinabi sa kanya kung saan kami pupunta. "Tell your boss you're going to drive me to my father's house right now"

It shocked him. He pauses for a while contemplating . "I don't want to fucking repeat myself" I follow up. I hate that damn look.

I wear my shade and cross my legs. Nakita ko naman na agad niyang tinawagan si Cervantes.

I keep myself calm and wait for their conversation to end. Not a minute long, the call ends.

"I'll drive you to your mansion ma'am. Sir Luke will be the one who'll fetch you after."

I didn't respond. He starts the engine and drives to our destination. I watch as we pass by the view.

My phone beeps that made me look at it.

'I'll pick you up later. Call me if you need anything'

It's from Cervantes. I clench my fist around my phone as I feel the rising anger within me.

I have enough with all of this fucking games.

Then my realization a while back replays.

Dylan fixes his tux. "You should know whom you are living with, love" he said before leaving.

It left me hanging.

What is happening? What does Dylan mean?

Then their words suddenly came crashing.

"There's nothing too much when it comes to the woman I love, Abrianna"

"You know I love you, Abrianna. You felt it. I know. So don't deny it."

"This is the reason why I am here, Mrs. Cervantes. Hontiveros is fucking daring to make a move. Wouldn't like my wife to commit infidelity."

"Because I do am. I am saving you from the claws of a predator"

"Hontiveros fucking pissed me off"

"You know the truth about your transfer, am I right?"

"Cervantes told you"

"What if I'll work on your annulment paper and claim you mine?"

I close my eyes as their words dig deeper within me.

I already sensed that there's something between Dylan and Cervantes. And I hate to admit it but their conflict involves me. I know that.

Love?

I mentally laugh at that thought. Fucking lame.

"The war had started already, Abrianna. I'm just striking back"

These words of Dylan are actually the ones giving me a deeper view with all of these.

And when I received father's message, it all makes sense like from the beginning.

Everything is all about business.

And they're playing me.

I sarcastically grin.

Father, played well huh?

He managed to instill in me confusions that I have no choice but to go and ask him because he knew, I will seek for validations and will not settle on assumptions alone. Alam niya na kahit alam ko ang nangyayari kailangan at kailangan ko pa rin na marinig ang katotoohan.

That's why here I am taking the path he created, driving towards him to get answers.

He really fucking played well.

But he must prepare. I damn don't easily hide in fear. His blood runs in my veins. He should know that.

I'll fucking face what I left two years ago.

There's no running away this time.

I look outside the window and things become familiar as we are nearing the mansion. Slowly, we enter the boundary of our property. The guards on post automatically get alarmed as we approach the perimeter.

Paglapit namin sa kanila, I let Grego speak to them. The other guard peeks inside the car and I roll my eyes. Good thing, I am wearing my shades.

It didn't take long before they open the gate. Grego drives inside until he stops in front of the mansion.

Then, with nothing but myself, I open the door and step out of the car.

I'm damn back.

A/N:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen (if ever we have male readers) hope you are all safe and sound.

If you guys noticed, previous chapters were dedicated. That's because Tied To A Cervantes is open for dedication! I call it my virtual prize. So, if you're reading this, I hope I can dedicate the next chapter to you😉.

Chapter 9 is waiving to be dedicated!

Seeyah on the next chapter.😚

Goodnight!

Btw, hi love
Also, hi 😉

with red heels,
Gab Angel

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 18K 62
Have you ever met a man as ruthless ,selfish and stubborn as Marcus Mendez well I suppose not Meet Marcus Mendez a co-owner and CEO of Mendez indust...
3.3K 134 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...
1M 41.6K 39
Are you tired of the damsel in distress stories then this one is just for you. Read and have fun... Highest ranking #97 in Romance. Highest r...