Β« π‘πžπ π«πžπ­? Β»

By olive_shin

❝ But before I leave, tell me Bakugou. Why am I your deepest regret? ❞ ↳ π˜‰π˜’π˜¬π˜Άπ˜¨π˜°π˜Ά 𝘹 π˜™π˜¦π˜’π˜₯𝘦𝘳 (y/n)... More

plz reaadddd
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22

chapter 20

14 0 0
By olive_shin

❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐞 ❞

↳ Another week has passed since Bakugou's acceptance letter. Somehow, many things have happened during this short span, including a villain intrusion by a group that calls themselves the League of Villains. Because of them, you've been busy with your agency work while Bakugou's been busy with school. Your usual weekly cafe run time was shortened as a result.

You: my child's first day at U.A-

Bakugou: hA?!

"I didn't really get a chance to ask him how he was doing in school..."

Pouting at how short the meeting was yesterday, you grumble as you trudge to work early in the morning. As you head towards the snack area for your morning tea, your phone chimes.

New Message!
Bakagou: The Sports Festival is today

"Oh yeah... I should find a way to watch it."

Rummaging through the tea selections, you pick green tea and open up the chat.

Private Message

Bakagou:
The Sports Festival is today
Watch it

You:
Omg i almost forgot abt that
Augh im at work thoooo
Whatever I'll just sneak looks at my phone lol

Bakagou:
Good
Bc I'm getting first place

You:
I look forward to it
Dont yell at every camera u see my ears would burst

Bakagou:
Shut the hell up

You:
Good luck :)

Bakagou:
I don't need it 
Im getting first cat eyes

Laughing, you put your phone back in your pocket and resume pouring the hot water into the cup. Once you put the teabag in, you speed walk back to your desk and place your phone on the table, plugging in your headphones to not bother your coworkers. You open the live show in time to listen to Bakugou's short pledge.

"I will... get first place," he grumbles somberly.

"You really just made everyone your enemy. Great going dummy."

"(y/n)? What are you watching?" Akira asks curiously. Shushing her, you sneakily show her your screen before wording, "sports festival."

"Ohhh," she whispers. "Your boyfriend is in U.A now, right? I remember you being in a good mood about that."

"He's not my boyfriend," you say as you roll your eyes, turning your attention back to the screen.

You would watch the matches when Bakugou was on screen but would go back to work when he wasn't, finding some sort of balance to make sure you would still finish your work on time. Luckily, you didn't have much that required lots of concentration.

A chuckle escapes your lips when the hothead falls facefirst onto the ground during the cavalry battle. He was excessively angry about not getting first, and you sigh at his high need to win everything.

Present Mic announces a short break, and you begin working on some paperwork related to the USJ incident. 

"Looks like I'm going to have to visit that Nomu with Yoshiro-san later."

"(y/n)."

"Speak of the devil."

"Yoshiro-san," you greet, turning around in your chair to face the large man.

"Have you read over the document yet?" he asks, motioning to the paper in your hand.

"I just skimmed over the first page. Something about a mutated creature? Are we going to go see it now?"

"If you are ready, yes."

Nodding, you gather some things into your bag and follow him out of the building. Realizing that you would miss a lot of the festival during this, you inwardly sulk as the two of you head into a black car. Yoshiro sits in the passenger's seat, and you sit in the back. The man gives a location to the driver, who reverses the car out of the driveway.

A silence ensues as you ponder if taking out your phone would be disrespectful.

"Are you okay?" Yoshiro asks. Surprised that he noticed, you quickly shake your hand.

"Ah, yes. I just wanted to know how the sports festival would end."

"The U.A Sports Festival," he nods in acknowledgment. "Some of the lower groups and heroes are acting as bodyguards at the school. They heightened security after the incident. A wise decision."

Smiling, you take out some documents and scan the paper again.

"So," you pause, "our job is to figure out the identity of this...Nomu thing?"

"The DNA of it was undocumented. They think it's a mix of multiple."

"Multiple...?"

"Multiple people."

A shiver runs down your spine. 

"Multiple people? Did the league only take the DNA of multiple people, or did they use multiple people entirely? As in they kidnapped people and experimented with them...?"

Luckily, before your thoughts got the best of you, the driver slows the car, signifying the end of the ride. You thank the driver and get out the vehicle, following Yoshiro inside the high-security prison.

"Thank you for coming!" Detective Tsukauchi greets you at the entrance. You and Yoshiro bow curtly in response. 

The detective guides the two of you into the room monitoring the heavily tied-up Nomu, and you curiously peek over Yoshiro's shoulder.

"...that's supposed to be a person...?" you exhale.

You more or less expected a human with zombie-like expressions, not some muscular bird with a brain sticking out in plain sight. Grimacing, you look away when one of its eyeballs rolls up.

"Don't worry," Tsukauchi chuckles. "It hasn't been shown to retaliate in any way after the incident. We're under the impression that it's been made to only listen to that 'manchild.'"

Stepping away from Yoshiro, you watch as the man opens his eyes. It's been a while since you've seen his majestic green eyes, and you find yourself staring at him rather than the Nomu. Behind you, the detective smiles, and you snap out of your thoughts.

After a while, Yoshiro closes his eyes and frowns.

"This creature was once a human," he says. "It is only one person, not multiple, so it seems like those other DNA parts were injected into him."

"Did you see how they were added?" the detective inquires. Yoshiro shakes his head.

"It seems like he was kidnapped. The villains covered his eyes, so I wasn't able to see where this experiment takes place. The whole experiment itself was a blur. I believe this Nomu was rendered unconscious."

Nodding, Tsukauchi takes notes as you speak up.

"Did you see what it looked like before it became a Nomu? We still need to identify the person since the DNA was all messed up."

"Short, blonde hair," Yoshiro answers. "His mouth was exceptionally rectangular, and his eyes were very curved."

"I'll run through the list of people we have then. There's around 40 with that modified DNA that matches the missing profile, but with a description, we should be able to lower that value," the detective replies.

Turning towards you, Tsukauchi smiles. You return his smile and face the glass showcasing the Nomu.

"I'll try to see my quirk can help. If it was just a normal citizen though, their regret might not even be something as notable as a killer."

Taking a deep breath, you close your eyes as you take your eye patch out of your bag and place it over your left side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.7K 36
REUPLOAD Nothin in the story has changed if ya'll read this before. none of the photos nor the characters are mine, except for the plot
105K 2.4K 31
Bakugou Katsuki and (y/n) (l/n) hate each other. How could she love an arrogant bully, and how could he love a head strong oblivious dope. After Baku...
19.4K 323 19
This is a Bakugou x Reader fanfic! You and Bakugou have been best friends for 10 years. (Ever since you were toddlers) You and him have always joki...
201 0 15
This is a Bakugou x fem reader story. This story is an angst romance story. this story is about Y/n's struggle and trauma, being born with a villaino...