chapter 18

❝ 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ❞

↳ The late march breeze flutters your hair as you jog towards U.A. You had to ride the subway to get there, and there were many others heading in the same direction, so it ended up being crowded, making it hard to get out from the station.

"Jeez, why does it have to be so early? I could've slept in since it's my day off," you huff as you find your way around the students. A familiar spiky, ash blonde hair comes into view, and you gently grab his arm.

"(l/n)?" he murmurs. "I told you not to come!" He turns around and waits for you to catch your breath.

"Yeah, I'm really regretting getting into a crowded station first thing in the morning," you groan. After regaining your composure, you stand up straight and get a better look at him. He's wearing a scarf and an all-black uniform.

"Is that your school uniform?" you ask. He nods, and you smile warmly.

"You look good in it."

The tips of Bakugou's ears blush, but you don't notice. He begins walking off, and you trail along beside him. You look around at all the different-looking students, then back at the large U-shaped building. It towers over you, and you have to strain your neck to see the tip.

"Wow," you gasp, "U.A's bigger than I imagined."

"No shit. It's the best hero school in all of Japan." His voice is hushed, which is unusual for the loud hothead.

"Lighten upp," you whine as you gently bump into his shoulder, "you're going to do fine. You've been training with me after all."

"I'm not worried, cat eyes. And you didn't help with shit. All you did was steal my food and complain about math," he snaps quietly.

Rolling your eyes, you continue to walk with Bakugou towards the building. Then you see a trembling, green-haired boy.

"Midoriya!" you greet as you trot up to him. He turns around and blushes.

"(l/n)! A-and Kacchan!"

"Don't stand in my way, or do you wanna fucking die?" Bakugou grumbles. Midoriya quickly stands to the side as the ash-blonde walks past.

"O-oh god," Midoriya sighs, "I'm so nervous now that I see all these students..."

Smiling, you pat the wimpy boy on his back.

"I know you're going to do great! You seem really smart, I'm sure you'll be fine-" Before you can say any more, an arm snakes around your waist, and you turn towards the source of heat.

"Stop talking to shitty Deku," Bakugou mutters. Laughing, you let him guide you away.

"Good luck on the test Midoriya!" you wave as you face back forward. But even when you turn around, Bakugou's grip remains the same.

"I literally just told you not to talk to that nerd."

"I was just wishing him good luck," you sigh. He huffs, and you roll your eyes.

Finding your way out of his hold, you stand in front of him and put both your hands on his shoulders. He looks to the side at your hands in confusion, and you question him seriously in a playful manner.

"Katsuki, are you jealous?"

"HA? LIKE HELL I AM!" he shouts. People glance warily at him, and you stifle a laugh.

"Sure, sure. I'm not going to wish you luck though," at this, the ash blondes eyebrows furrow, "because I know you can get in," you finish. "Katsuki, if you don't get first place in the exam I'm throwing you off the top of this school."