chapter 17

❝ 𝐔𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 ❞

↳ "Yoshiro-san," you call out, "has there ever been a case where my left eye turned red?"

He looks up from his laptop and frowns. The room is particularly louder than usual due to another huge case, and a glint of exhaustion shows in his furrowed eyebrows.

"I believe not. Why do you ask?"

Hesitantly, you tell him what had happened at Bakugou's house, and he listens. Yoshiro's seemingly uncaring expression remains the same throughout the story, but you know he's thinking hard.

"I see," he sighs. "Have you tried again?"

"Yes, when I got home I kept using my quirk in the mirror, but my left never turned red again. Plus, my quirk only starts when I cover my left eye and want to use it. I didn't want to use my quirk back then."

"It may have been a light of a passing car, (y/n). I do not know of this 'red eye' phenomenon."

You sigh in defeat and nod your head.

"I guess it really was just some eye trick they saw."

Thanking him, you bow and walk away to your desk, where Akira had set down another cup of tea. Thanking her from across your table, you sit back down and pick back up on your work.

"Yoshiro-san, was that (y/n)-kun just now?" a woman asks. She rests a hand on the large man's shoulder and glances at you as you spin the pen in your hand in concentration.

"Yes," Yoshiro answers as he bows his head in respect, "I'm honored to see that you are back, Chikage-san."

"Thanks for working so hard while I was gone," the woman smiles. "So, what did (y/n)-chan ask for?"

"That..." the rough-looking man trails off.

"Yoshiro."

"Her quirk seems to have done it again."

"And reports?"

"None."

"Good. Let's keep it that way."

Without another word, the woman turns around and towards the halls, disappearing into the corridor.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Katsuki!" you yell as you run up to him. The ash-blonde looks up from his phone and clicks his tongue.

"You always take so damn long."

"I literally just saw you reach the cafe."

"Shut up."

Laughing, you follow him inside the warm building.

"Ah, welcome back, dear customers," the lady at the cashier smiles.

"Miu-san, good afternoon!" you wave and skip towards the freshly baked area with Bakugou.

The two of you have been coming to this cafe every week, even up to three times a week, to study together...or more like bicker about whatever came to mind. For the past month, it's become a routine for you to meet up with Bakugou at this cafe for a small snack before heading to his house to spar.

After what happened at that dinner, neither of you spoke or asked about the red eye. You for one didn't have the confidence to ask because it's your quirk, yet you're the one who doesn't know. Plus, you just didn't like questioning people because it reminds you of your job. You're glad that Bakugou doesn't pry.