chapter 22

❝ 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 ❞

↳ "Ah, are you (l/n) (y/n)? Nice to meet you!" a white mouse-bear-dog hybrid thing cheerfully greets as you walk into the office, bowing in response.

"No need to be formal! I should be the one bowing if anything," he smiles. "I'm Principal Nezu."

Taking his paw, you briefly shake hands before sitting down on the couch on the opposite end of the table. He brings over a tea set and offers a cup, which you gladly accept.

"So I've heard you're a part of the JCG?" he asks. You nod and take a sip of the warm tea. Seeing that you enjoy the drink, the principal beams.

"I assume you understand the job?"

"Yes, I've looked over the documents Detective Tsukauchi gave me yesterday," you respond. "Um, I was wondering if I could get a look of a class list beforehand if that isn't too much work."

"Not at all! Not at all," Nezu laughs. "It seems like you're quite an elaborate worker."

You take another sip of the tea before saying, "I'm still new compared to the others, but thank you for the compliment."

Nezu studies your face and finds a small blush. It surprises him that such a girl is working as an important figure, but he doesn't judge. After all, he's seen many teenagers with amazing abilities as the principal of the number one hero high school.

Setting down his cup, he totters over to his desk and opens a drawer, taking out a typical school bag filled with materials and a neatly folded school uniform.

"I've already gone and bought the necessary things for you to start classes, but feel free to call me if you need more."

Taking the bag, you thank him and look inside. It's filled with multiple notebooks, a cute pencil case, and even a little note saying "welcome!"

Giggling at the small doodle of the principal, you thank him again before rising from your seat.

"Oh, this man here is your homeroom teacher. Tomorrow morning, come to this office and he'll guide you to the classroom."

You look around curiously, not seeing another adult in sight.

"Um, so where is this teacher...?"

On cue, a yellow sleeping bag rolls towards you, and you let out a small shriek.

The zipper goes down, exposing a dead looking man, and he locks eyes with you.

"Hey, kid. I'm Aizawa. Pleasure working with you."

Hesitantly, you bow and glance at the principal, who simply laughs. The animal rummages through his desk drawer again before pulling out a packet. Trotting back in your direction, he hands it over to you, and you skim over it.

"There's the list for class 1a! It includes their names, pictures, quirks, birthdays, everything you can think of. There are some things about personalities as well, but please do not jump to conclusions. Some students this year are just quite ambitious."

Knowing who he's referring to, you laugh and put the packet in your new school bag.

"Yup, I know that pretty well."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The next day arrives, and you happily get dressed in your new school attire. The JCG and Generals approved of the plan, so your schedule was changed. Sadly, you wouldn't go to headquarters until the weekends, which meant you wouldn't be able to see Akira or Keiji for a while.

Humming in content, you make your way to the principal's office of U.A, where you had agreed to meet the day before.

"(y/n)! Glad to see you made it," Nezu smiles. You return his greeting and stand to the side, looking for your new teacher.

"I'm here," the scruffy man grunts, pulling out of his sleeping bag and heading towards the door. "Let's go."

Nodding, you wave goodbye to the principal before following the teacher into the halls.

"I'd like to remind you again that some students may not be... hero-like, but they don't mean any harm."

A gentle smile forms on your face, and you nod. "Please don't worry. I looked over the class list last night and they all seem like amazing students. I will carry out my duty, but I have a feeling you don't have a reason to suspect any of them."

You could tell that even if the teacher looks apathetic, he genuinely cares for his students. He did risk his life for them during the U.S.J incident, and he stood up for Bakugou during the festival.

Aizawa grins inwardly before opening the door to the classroom. You follow him inside and scan the room for a familiar face. A wide smile graces your face when you find Bakugou, but he isn't paying attention to the teacher at all. Instead, he's staring out the window, not bothering to watch as his friends walk away to their desks.

"Settle down. We have a new student today."

Stepping forward, you wave and introduce yourself.

"Hey there! I'm (l/n) (y/n) but please feel free to call me (y/n). I hope to get along with everyone!"

At your debut, Bakugou's ears perk up and he slams his hands on his desk, shooting up and staring at you in disbelief.

"(l/n)?! What the hell are you doing here?" he exclaims, shocked at your appearance.

"(y/n)? Isn't that the girl who you're dating?" a boy with a lightning bolt in his hair comments.

"I ALREADY SAID WE AREN'T DATING DUNCE FACE."

Aizawa glances at you, wondering how you're already acquainted with one of his students. Bakugou, nonetheless. Is that why you seemed okay when he had implied that some students are aggressive?

Giggling, you tease, "Katsuki, I didn't know we were dating. When did you ask me out?"

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I DATE YOU, CAT EYES?!"

"Yeah, I'm not sure why I would date an idiot like you either."

The class bursts out in laughter, and you huff, content that you managed to entertain everyone on your first day.

"Alright. Quiet down," Aizawa mutters. "(l/n), you can go sit by Bakugou since you already seem to know him."

Nodding, you trot up to the empty desk and set down your bag.

"Oi," the ash-blonde mumbles. "Why didn't you tell me you were joining? Is that what that question was about?"

You put up small jazz hands before saying "surprise!" and he clicks his tongue in a joking manner.

"And now there really is another fucking idiot in our class."

"As if you aren't one yourself."

"Shut up, cat eyes."

"Make me."

Bakugou's lips curve upwards as he opens a notebook, ignoring you as Aizawa begins lecturing about the festival results.

All around you, your classmates' jaws drop at the sight. To them, it was amazing enough that Bakugou talked to a girl outside of school, but now you amazed them once again by not getting the hothead to threaten to burn your face off. Everyone wonders what exactly your relationship with the boy is as they, too, get out their supplies for the upcoming class.

Your happiness is evident, for a large, goofy smile is slapped onto your face. A similar but smaller smile appears on Bakugou's face.

Both of you begin to look forward to the rest of the school year.