chapter 7

❝ 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 ❞

↳ Bakugou clicks his tongue and harshly throws you into the bathroom.

"That's the shampoo. That's the body wash. You can use this scrub. Here's the towel..." he points to different items as you nod.

"My room is the second to the left. Just knock on it after you're done." He begins to leave, but you grab the bottom of his shirt.

"Ah, um," you blush and look down. "c-can I borrow some clothes?" you ask. Your uniform is drenched, and the jacket he gave you in the morning isn't in any better condition.

"MOM!" he shouts. "SHE NEEDS CLOTHES!"

"LET HER BORROW YOURS!" she screams back from downstairs. "MY CLOTHES WOULDN'T FIT HER!"

Grumbling, Bakugou stomps toward his room. A few seconds pass and he walks back out with a folded black t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Now hurry the fuck up," he snaps. You nod and lock the door when he walks away.

Hurriedly taking off your clothes, you turn on the water and wait for it to heat up. You check your undergarments and sigh in relief when they feel dry.

Once the water becomes warm, you hop in and wash up. Not wanting to bother the family, you try to take a quick shower and not stand in the tub for thirty minutes.

After wiping yourself off with the towel Bakugou had pointed to earlier, you begin to put on the clothes he handed you.

The black t-shirt, that has a white skull on it, looks like an x-large on you, and the sweatpants bunch up at the bottom. Tying the strings to make sure it doesn't fall off, you walk out of the bathroom with your uniform hung over your arm.

"Oh but my badge..."

Before you reach Bakugou's room, you unpin it and hide it in your bra. It's cold, and you shiver when the metal touches your skin, but there's nothing else you can do. It validates your rank in the agency, and your job is supposed to be a secret from the public. That includes this family.

"Bakugou?" You knock on his door and wait for him to come out. He swings open the door and barks.

"Took you forever! What do you eve-" he stops when he sees you in his clothes. He covers his mouth with his hand and stomps out of his room, bumping into you in the process. Before you could ask what's wrong, he slams the bathroom door shut. Sighing, you walk back downstairs.

"Oh, hey there!" the woman grins. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mitsuki, that brat's mother, and that's Masaru, his father." A man on the couch nods.

You return their smile and bow briefly. "I'm (l/n) (y/n), but please feel free to call me (y/n)."

She laughs and pats your back. "I like you! Is there anything you need?" she asks.

"I was wondering if there was anywhere I could hang my clothes..."

"Oh," she glances at your uniform and leads you to the laundry room. "here, it looks pretty important, so I'll put it in the dryer for you."

"Thank you! I'll make sure to pay you back," you beam. She laughs again and waves her hand.

"It's no biggie. You're already going through enough if you're hanging out with that brat."

You chuckle and hand over your clothes.

After she works the dryer, she guides you to the living room and insists on giving you a drink. You agree to some hot green tea.

Some minutes pass. Bakugou walks downstairs with a towel draped over his shoulders, like you, and his hair is still a little wet. When he sees you casually talking with his dad, he plops down next to you and grunts.

"Oh, Bakugou! Your dad was just going to show me your baby pictures!" you grin as you hold the warm cup of tea with both hands.

He whips his head towards the brown-haired man with a glare. "Don't you dare show this homeless cat anything."

"Bakugou! Don't call such a nice girl by a terrible nickname! And your father can do whatever he wants!"

"Shut up, you hag!" Bakugou shouts back.

Masaru puts his hands up and sighs, "Okay! I won't, so don't start another fight."

Huffing, the ash-blonde slouches into the couch, and you giggle.

"Oh right," Mitsuki voices from the kitchen. "(y/n), I put your bag over here. Shouldn't you call your parents and tell them you're okay? If you want, I can ask them to let you stay until the storm since it's gotten quite late."

Glancing at the clock and seeing that it's already 8:30, you shake your head and reply.

"That's okay. I don't have parents," you laugh. Bakugou stares at you with a glint of concern, and his father coughs behind his newspaper.

"Ah, they aren't dead or anything... I just live separately from them. It's not a sensitive topic," you explain as you frantically wave your hands. "And I have a house... contrary to what Bakugou calls me," you grin.

"Bakugou!" Mitsuki barks. "Don't ever call her homeless you ungrateful brat! She's nice enough to put up with you. I can't believe you're so mean to her!"

"I'M NOT FUCKING MEAN TO HER DAMN IT!" Bakugou shoots up from the couch. Smiling, you lightly hit his arm and chip in.

"He's actually quite nice, even if he cusses a lot," you sneer. "A real softie if you ask me."

Masaru hacks and looks up from his papers.

"Did you just say that Bakugou is... nice?" he asks in disbelief. Before you respond, he walks up to the boy and pats him on the back.

"I never knew my son would ever... no," he shakes his head. "Bakugou, if you ever need any help feel free to ask me."

"Ask you what? He should be asking me!" Mitsuki laughs as she walks to the living room with a tray of cups and snacks. "I was the one who did all the work!"

Confused, you tilt your head at his parents. They in turn smile warmly at you.

"(y/n), if you never need anything, just ask Bakugou. You have my full approval to come here whenever you'd like!" his mother says.

"I can't believe our son has such a responsible friend," his father cries.

"How is she responsible? She forgot her own damn jacket this morning, and it was freezing!" Bakugou retorts.

"Now, now," you smirk. "No need to get jealous just because your parents like me better."

"WHO THE HELL SAID I WAS JEALOUS?!"

"BAKUGOU! DON'T CURSE!"

"SHUT UP YOU HAG!"

"STOP CALLING ME A HAG YOU LITTLE BRAT!"

"Sweetie, let's calm dow-"

"I'LL CALL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT YOU OLD FART!"

Giggling, you clench your stomach and cover your mouth as you try to contain your laughter.

The family continues to bicker, drowning out the howls of the storm outside.