chapter 19

❝ 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞

↳ *Bring*  *Bring*  *Bring*  *Bring*  *Bring*  *Bri-*

"Hello?" you mumble into the phone, quietly yawning and shuffling in your bed. Slowly getting up, you rub your eyes and check the time. 9 AM.

"The letter came." 

It's Bakugou. 

"Did you open it?" you ask softly, still half asleep.

"Just hurry up."

Abruptly, he ends the call, and you stare at your phone in disbelief. Yawning for the second time, you trudge off your bed and into the bathroom to wash up.

"Does he mean to his house? He really reminds me of Kenji-san when it comes to terrible phone calls..."

You smile at their similarity and walk back into your room to change into some sweatpants and a hoodie, too lazy to dress up in less comfortable clothes. Wanting to buy a cake for the occasion, you take your wallet with you as you leave your house.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Hey (y/n)!" Mitsuki greets as she opens the door. Smiling, you return her greeting and walk into the house with the recently bought cake; you had stopped by the cafe first to buy it, even if it's a little expensive.

"Wow! You didn't have to buy this sweetie," the woman gasps when you hold up the cake.

"Of course I did. My friend is going to attend the most prestigious school in all of Japan!" you chuckle quietly. As you hand the box to her, you look around.

"Are you looking for Katsuki? He's waiting in his room," Mitsuki smiles. Thanking her, you excuse yourself and walk upstairs.

When you get to his door, you knock twice.

"Katsuki?"

He opens the door and drags you inside before slamming the door again. He's wearing a simple white t-shirt and gray sweatpants, seemingly with the same mindset to only change into comforting clothes.

"You always take so damn long," he grumbles.

"I had to get ready! I wasn't going to show up in my pjs," you complain. He looks you up and down before smirking.

"And you aren't dressed in them now?"

You wave his comment away and plop onto his bed, pulling the covers up to your neck and turning to face him. 

"Why are you always getting in my bed you creep?" he groans, annoyed but used to your antics.

"It smells good I can't help it." You sigh in contentment as you snuggle deeper into the blanket. "So, did you open it yet?"

"I was waiting for you dumbass."

Smiling lazily, you clap your hands and joke, "Bakugou Katsuki learned the skill of patience!" 

He scowls. 

The ash-blonde walks up to his desk and sits on the chair, staring at the letter sitting in front of him. Unhesitantly, he rips the letter, and a hologram appears. Woahing, you get up from the bed, still wrapped around in his blanket, and trudge over behind his chair to get a better look.

"Hello, Young Bakugou!" All Might shouts. 

"Wow, All Might? So I guess the rumors of him teaching at U.A aren't a lie," you mumble.

"As someone who gained an impressive amount of villain points, a whopping 77, you are definitely a strong candidate to become a pro hero!" the number one hero continues. "Though, there are some faults, young man. For example, you won no hero points! How is this possible??" All Might gasps as he slaps his forehead dramatically.

You glare at the ash blonde, and he simply rolls his eyes, muttering about not needing them.

"Anyways, you targeted the 1P and 2P robots, continuously intercepting them to lure them into a flashy explosion blast once they'd gotten weaker in the second half of the exam. You're a tough one! You're written portion of the test was also passed with flying colors! Even if some answers were questionable."

Rising in anticipation, you unconsciously begin gripping the back of the chair. 

"Hurry up and get to the damn point," Bakugou grumbles as if the hologram could hear.

"And so!" All Might yells. "You, Bakugou Katsuki, have ranked first in the Entrance Exam, earning you the right to class 1a of the Hero Course! Congratulations!"

Cheering, you jump up and down before hugging Bakugou tightly.

"You got in! Congrats Katsuki!" you squeal. "I am so so soo proud that you didn't get denied because of your attitude!" You teasingly laugh with your arms still wrapped around the boy.

Little did you know that this was the first time you had made so much physical contact with him. Startled, Bakugou tenses up and tries to push you off, but you're smiling so widely it makes him stop. 

Are you really this proud of him for getting in? Wasn't it a given that he was going to? But, it did feel nice to get some compliments. Contrary to those empty ones his classmates gave him, yours actually seem genuine, and instead of fueling his ego, it fueled his happiness. It makes him feel like all the hard work really paid off.

"Oi, get off me!" he snaps as he pulls you off of him. "I told you there was no fucking way I wouldn't get in!"

Chuckling, you lay back down on his bed and roll around.

"I already knew you would get in dummy. I told you you're good enough. And didn't I say I was going to throw you off the roof if you didn't get first?" you laugh.

Bakugou's heart races again at your words. He groans and rests his forehead on his hands, partially understanding what was wrong with him.

"It just feels way cooler because you actually got a letter. Plus, All Might was in it! The number one hero!" you grin.

The ash-blonde isn't listening to you though. He's completely immersed in his thoughts, sorting out his feelings--the feelings that have to do with you. 

There's nothing extraordinary about you, so he never considered the possibility that he likes you. If anything, he still isn't sure if he even has feelings for you, but he doesn't care about that right now. Getting first in the entrance exam is only the first step.

"Katsuki?"

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turns towards you.

"I asked if you wanted to go downstairs. I bought cake."

"Cake?"

"To celebrate? Cake is a must?" you explain, waving a finger in the air for exaggeration.

Grinning, he rolls his eyes and walks toward the door. You follow him out of the room and down the stairs.

"You got a whole damn cake? Are you going to eat all of it yourself?"

"Hey," you pout playfully. "I got it for you! I just bought it this morning too, so it's still fresh."

He realizes that the reason why it took you so long to get to his house is that you had stopped by the bakery first. For him. Because you were so confident that he was going to get in. Did you trust him that much?

"There you are!" Mitsuki smiles. "So, did you open the letter?"

"I got in, you hag. Isn't it obvious I would?"

His mom punches his head and scolds him for being too confident, and Masaru walks into the kitchen.

"Congratulations, son," he smiles. Bakugou clicks his tongue and looks away.

"Cake time!" you beam. The family laughs and begins cutting up the treat in celebration.