chapter 4

❝ 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐰𝐨 ❞

↳ "Sure, softie. But you cuss too much," you sigh. Before he can retort, you thank the cashier and tug on his jacket.

"Let's go sit at that table!" You point to the small, circular table by the Christmas tree.

Not waiting for an answer, you pull him towards the chairs and sit down. He clicks his tongue and sits across from you.

"Why are you so excited about a damn tree?"

"It's a Christmas tree. It's pretty," you answer. Taking a bite from your pastry, you gush at the tasty treat and take larger bites.

"You're going to fucking ch-" as soon as Bakugou utters those words, you cough and lightly hit your chest repeatedly.

"Woah, woah, woah. Here," he hands you his cup. "drink this. Jesus fucking christ you need to calm down."

After gulping down some water, you thank him and wipe away your tears.

"It's so good though..."

"You sound like you're actually homeless."

"Am not. I have a house."

"Yeah, a fucking cardboard box," he smirks.

You open your mouth to retort, but the door chimes, and you glimpse at the entrance. A frown quickly forms on your face as you recognize who came in. Noticing your lack of response, Bakugou also turns towards the door.

"Ah, (y/n), fancy seeing you here!" the new customer smiles coyly. He's the only other teenager in the JCG. The two-faced Masahiro.

"Masahiro-san," you grumble. He fake pouts and trots up to you, ignoring Bakugou and wrapping an arm around your neck.

"Now, now. I thought I've told you not to use honorifics?"

You plaster a smile on your face and grip his hand harshly. "We aren't that close yet, are we?"

Bakugou furrows his eyebrows as he watches. The random boy, who seems a little older than him, twists a strand of your hair before you calmly, yet forcefully push his hand away. You don't look uncomfortable but annoyed.

"Was I the only one who thought we were close?" Masahiro pouts. "We've been partners in crime for... how long has it been? Five years?"

"That doesn't matter, does it?" you smile sardonically. The navy-haired boy returns your smile, and for a while, the only feeling is the tension weighing in the air.

"...who the fuck are you?"

Both you and Masahiro turn towards Bakugou, who's leaning back in his chair and swaying back and forth. Masahiro's mouth twitches.

"I'm Masahiro, and you?"

"None of your damn business," Bakugou scoffs.

"Oh, I didn't know (y/n) goes for feisty boys," Masahiro smirks.

"We aren't dating," you sigh.

"Of course, you aren't. I know you wouldn't go for such a weak-looking person."

"What the fuck did you say?!"

The ash blonde shoots up from his seat, causing the chair to fall backward, and reaches for the older boy's collar. You react quickly and grab Bakugou's arm, pulling him towards you and slamming him onto the ground. He lays on his back, stunned, while you pin him onto the floor.

"Bakugou," you growl quietly. "calm yourself. Please, please don't fight with him."

His expression softens as he wonders why you look so serious. He's only met you twice, but you have never given off a stern demeanor.

When you see that Bakugou relaxed, you get off of him and glare warily at Masahiro.

There's a reason why you didn't let Bakugou at him, despite wanting to punch that sly smile off his face yourself. His quirk allows him to instill immense fear in someone. It may not sound like much, but he can literally push someone into submission with just a touch. Of course, he only uses his quirk when he wants to, so he can still touch someone without any harm.

He's also an active martial artist and wouldn't hesitate to break someone's arm. In your team, he's usually the one sent on military base missions, and he always comes back with an unnerving smile. He acts like a star student, but in reality, he's just a pure sadist.

You're rather glad that he's on your side and not the other.

Masahiro sneers and creeps forward.

"Aw, come on (y/n), why didn't you let him punch me? That would have been fun, right?"

"You know exactly why," you exhale, holding your ground as he walks closer.

"Because of my quirk? Why? Is it too villainous?" he frowns. "But you know, dear (y/n), you're no better."

You shiver at his threatening voice.

"Masahiro-san," you glare. He backs up and lifts his arms up in surrender.

"Oops, sorry about that. Almost touched a touchy subject there, didn't I?"

Another chill ran down your spine, and you grab Bakugou's hand and walk out of the store.

After moving away a few blocks, you sigh and let go of him. You turn around and smile.

"Sorry about that! He works at the same place as me, but we don't really get along..." You laugh and begin walking again, talking about how it was a waste that he came.

The ash blonde examines your expression for a while before asking hesitantly.

"Oi, homeless cat."

"Hm?" you hum and turn around, realizing that he hadn't followed you. His eyebrows are furrowed.

"...are you a villain?"

You blink a couple of times, confused at his sudden question.

"No?" you answer. "Why do you ask?"

"That vampire-looking punk said something about-"

"You don't need to mind him," you cut in. Seeing that he didn't seem to trust you, you sigh and walk up to him. You hold out your pinky and smile.

"I promise I'm not a villain, okay?"

He doesn't hook his pinky.

Frowning, you drop your hand to your side.

"Bakugou," you call out softly.

His ruby eyes stare into yours as he waits for you to continue. You open your mouth but look down at the ground to think. Finding the right words, you look back up at him and plaster on a serious expression.

"If I were a villain, would I be spending my time eating pastries with a boy with anger issues?"

His solemn expression changes in a flash, and soon he's yelling out curses while chasing you down the road.

"I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT AGAIN YOU SHITTY WOMAN," he shouts. Laughing you run up the hill where the market stands. The two of you slow down and catch your breath in front of the bright store.

"Why... are you.... so fast?" you wheeze. He smirks and stands up straighter.

"UA entrance exams are in two months. If I want to be the number one hero, I need to be number one there first."

"You sure you can become a hero with that attitude?"

Instead of biting your face off, Bakugou smiles goofily.

"I want you to say that when I get on that damn billboard."

Laughing again, you too stand up straighter and smile.

"Sure, sure King Lord Explosion Kill. I look forward to it."

Bakugou checks his phone and looks at the time. Seeing how late it's gotten, he begins to walk away.

He waves without turning around.

"Whatever weirdass Christmas fanatic. See ya later."

Your eyes widen at his words, and a small smile forms on your face.

"He said later..."