The Guardian

By woogayoung

This is The King: Eternal Monarch and Find Me in Your Memory fusion...with my two favourites character as the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 9

578 27 7
By woogayoung

"Hmmm...", Yeong moans involuntarily when he feels someone is stroking his thigh. But he opens his eyes immediately when his brain recognizes that it wasn't just a dream. "Hajin...", Yeong smiles when he finds Hajin is sleeping and using his lap as a pillow.

Last night he feels so guilty when he left for a few minutes and come back only to find Hajin was trembling under the blanket. She was terrified. So Yeong decided to stay.

Because he stupidly chose to book a room with one bed, so he is on the bed stroking Hajin's hair till she calmed down and planning to move and sleep on the sofa as soon as Hajin's sleeping. But he fell asleep in sitting position.

Yeong didn't know how, but Hajin ended up sleeping in her laps. Hajin suddenly snuggles his thigh. And Yeong has to bite his lips to stop himself from moaning. Okay, he needs a cold shower. Now.

=========

"NOOO!!!", Hajin sits up abruptly. She looks around and remembers what happened last night. She takes a deep breath. What happened a few seconds ago was just a dream.

"What happened? Are you okay???", Yeong hurriedly runs out of the bathroom when he heard Hajin's scream.

Hajin blinks a few times. In front of her is Yeong. Standing half-naked. With a few drops of water run down on his perfectly sculpted body. Hajin gulps. She won't lie, she often imagines how good Yeong's body under all his black suit. But imagining and looking straight at it is a totally different thing. "Fine...", Hajin mumbles. Still can't take her eyes of Yeong's bare chest.

"You look...pink...", Yeong frowns. "Do you have a fever?", he walks to Hajin. Wanting to check her temperature.

"STOP!!!", Hajin suddenly yells. "Don't come any closer?"

"Why?", Yeong starts to worry. Does she have another panic attack?

"Because I might want to touch you...", she mumbles really slowly. But Yeong heard it. He's trying so hard not to laugh when he realized that Hajin is flustered because of him. "I am fine...you can go back doing what you were doing before..."

"Okay...", Yeong doesn't know why but he feels kinda proud that he has that effect on her. He turns his back to get dressed.

That back view. Damn it. Hajin buries her face with a pillow to muffled her scream. She's almost thirty for God's sake. Why she acts like a horny teenager who never saw a half-naked man.

"Hajin ah..."

"Huh?", Hajin is taking a peep from the pillow that buried her face. Yeong is standing in front of him. Already fully dressed. In jeans and a t-shirt. And she secretly disappointed. Wait. Why did she even feel disappointed?

"I left my phone in the car...I am going to grab it for a second...are you okay if I left?"

"Huh?", Did he really worry about her? "Yeah sure...".

"I'll be back soon...", he assures her.

"I know...", Hajin smiles. She believes him.

Hajin takes her phone in the bedside table after Yeong left. She wanted to post something.

Hajin is going to put down her phone when it suddenly ringing.

"Hello..."

"YEO HAJIN!!!", Hakyung is screaming from the other side of the line.

"Yaaa! Why were you screaming?!", Hajin protests?

"Where are you?", Hakyung asks. Ignoring Hajin's question.

"Home..."

"Yeo Hajin! We live together, I know how our home looks like!"

"Stop calling me like that! I am your older sister...", Hajin can hear Hakyung takes a deep breath.

"Unnie...where are you now?"

"Hotel..."

"Oh God...with whom?"

"Alone..."

"You're literally wearing man clothes...", Hakyung sounds frustrated.

"How did you know this isn't my clothes??"

"Unnie please...look at your Instagram feed...have you ever wear a black t-shirt???"

"Oh...right..."

"So, whose T-shirt is that???"

"Dont worry...I am with Yeong..."

"WHAT??! How am I supposed to not worry??? What are you two doing in a hotel???"

"We're both are adults...should I really explain what am I doing with Yeong here?"

"Oh God no!"

"Relax Hakyung ah...enjoy your holiday...I'll enjoy mine...bye...", Hajin hangs up the phone. She didn't realize that Yeong was already back and heard all of her conversation with Hakyung.

"What were we doing?", Yeong looks at Hajin. Demanding an explanation.

"Huh?", Hajin flustered. "We...I..."

"Why did you make Hakyung think that we were doing something??"

"I am so sorry...but if I told Hajin the truth...if she knew the real reason why I am here...she will be really worried...", she tries to explain her reason. "She'll blame herself for leaving me alone...and that will make her decided to never leave me again..."

Yeong sighs. He understands what Hajin meant. But still not sure how to feel about her lying to Hakyung about them.

"Hakyung was already sacrificing a lot for me...I don't want to be her burden, spending the rest of her life taking care of me...I am her older sister...I am the one who supposed to take care of her...", Hajin says sadly. "I am such a failure as a sister..."

Yeong sits in front of Hajin. "My mom said...taking care of someone we loved is a pleasure...so you shouldn't think that you are a burden for Hakyung..."

Hajin smiles. "It seems like you have an amazing mom..."

"I do...", Yeong smiles proudly.

This is the first time Hajin saw Yeong smiles like that he must really love his mom. And suddenly wondering can she make him smile like that too? "Your smile is beautiful...you should smile more...", she mumbles.

Yeong stunned for a second. "I need a reason to smile or people will think I am crazy...", he says nonchalantly.

"I can be your reason to smile...", Hajin grins.

Yeong chuckles. How can a girl with so many scars look so innocent?

"There you go...", Hajin points at Yeong cheeks. "See...I can be your reason to smile too...", after saying that Hajin's smile suddenly disappears.

"What is it?", Yeong looks at her worriedly.

Hajin stares at Yeong with her puppy eyes. "I am hungry...", she pouts.

"You...", he shakes his head. Didn't she realize that she just makes him worried? "Let's order room services..."

"Yesss!!!"

"What do you want to eat?", Yeong takes the phone and search for the hot restaurant number.

"Dim sum! Kimchi stew! French toast! Blueberry cheese muffin!", Hajin says excitedly. Mentioning all the food that crosses her mind.

"Are you seriously want to eat all of that?"

Hajin nods eagerly. "I can eat more than that...", she adds.

"Ookay...", Yeong isn't really sure if the girl as tiny as Hajin can eat all of that. But he orders all the food that she mentioned.

=========

They arrived in front of Hajin's home. "Is Hakyung already here?", Yeong asks. Both of them checked out from the hotel this afternoon after Hakyung called and said she's on her way home.

Hajin nods. Kinda disappointed that she had to go home. "Do you want to come in?", she asks nervously.

Yeong feels like being asked by her date to meet her parents. Except, Hajin's only family is her sister. and they're not even dating. Right? Why did he even think about that???

"Yeong ah..."

"Huh?", Did he just space out? "I don't think Hakyung want to see me right now...", Yeong says meaningfully. Reminding Hajin about her lie this morning.

"Yeah...right...", Hakyung will probably interrogate Yeong till he told her the truth. Hajin takes off her seat belt. Yeong already gets out of the car and opens the car door for Hajin.

Hajin smiles happily but then she wondered. Did Yeong do that out of habit as Hajin's bodyguard or did he do that as Yeong?

"Thank you...", Hajin says gratefully. "For everything..."

"Don't mention it...", Yeong shrugs. "Get inside...", he orders softly.

Hajin nods. "Bye..."

"See you tomorrow...", he corrects.

Hajin blushes. "See you tomorrow...", she repeats Yeong's words. And walks inside. But takes another glance before closing the door. Yeong is still standing in front of his car. Hajin gives him another smile and closes the door.

Wait. Hajin touches her chest. Why does her heart beating so fast? Why does she feel like she just got home from her first date?

"So are you two dating now?"

"Yaaa!!!", Hajin startles because Hakyung suddenly standing in front her. "Are you spying on me??"

Hakyung rolls her eyes. "You haven't answered my question...are you two dating now?", still curious about what happened between her sister and her bodyguard.

"No..."

"So is it one-night stand?"

"I wish...", Hajin mumbles.

"What??"

Hajin walks to her room. Ignoring confused Hakyung. "YAAA YEO HAJIIIN!", Hakyung runs following her sister to her room. "I need an explanation! What were you doing in a hotel room with him???"

=========

Ps: is it weird? or is it good? What do you expect to see in the next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...
235 5 1
A story post canon of kdrama King Eternal Monarch Pairing is King Lee Gon and Capt. Jo Yeong
44.1K 1.9K 9
A story where Jo Yeong, A Captain of the Royal Guard of the Kingdom of Korea, and childhood friend of Lee Gon. Also known for his "blank" expression...
9.8K 357 15
A push and pull love story between the stoic Royal Guard Captain Jo Yeong and a straight forward woman Myeong Seung-ah from the Royal Public Affairs...