Treasure

By CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 44

210 9 2
By CapSwanJones

It was the next day and everyone had returned back to the castle. Tomorrow would be their departure. Killian was in Emma's room sitting on her bed, practicing his knot tying with a small piece of rope he had in his pocket. The princess and her mother were talking and laughing on the balcony. She seemed happy as did the queen. Killian on the other hand had been silent since the visit with Regina and Robin. It was a lot to take in. Learning that the person you love most will forever be endangered till the day they die... It seemed unfair. It was unfair. 

Emma wanted to see the world beyond her kingdom and help everyone she could. That was who she was. Killian knew better than anyone that there were few people like that. It was cruel that someone so kind had to be faced with a death sentence. He wanted to tell the princess the deal her parents made with Rumplestiltskin, she deserved to know. They couldn't keep this secret forever, but he knew it was better kept a secret. The guilt Emma would have, knowing she was the reason her parents would never have another child, would weigh too much on her soul. She would do whatever Rumplestiltskin asked, and he would surely take her magic as well as her life. That secret ate away at him every second of the day now. Looking at his princess and all the love she had within her, how selfless she was... how he had to keep something from her. He was sure she noticed his silence and would soon question him. The pirate hoped more than anything he would be able to keep this secret, knowing it was best.

    Prince Charming came into the room and cleared his voice, "Come with me." He addressed Killian.

Emma and Snow hadn't noticed the king and felt that was intentional. Without saying a word he followed. The king walked through the halls with Killian in silence soon stopping at a door many rooms down. David walked in and the pirate followed. They were in one of the weaponry rooms.

    "Robin told me you know about our deal with Rumplestiltskin." David said, getting straight to the point.

    Killian's face remained sad, "Aye. No need to worry, I won't tell Emma your secrets."

    "I know." Prince Charming said without hesitation, "I actually need a favor from you."

    The captain raised his eyebrows in shock, "What do you need?"

David walked over to where the swords were displayed. Below there was a long black case, which he opened. Inside was a silver sword with a gold handle. The king picked it up and handed it to Killian who was unsure of what was happening. "When Emma was a girl she picked this sword out for me on my birthday. She said she knew this sword would keep me safe." David began to explain, "When the time is right, I want you to give her this sword and teach her how to fight."

    Killian took the sword, finding it oddly heavy, "She already knows how to fight mate... Besides, this sword is far too heavy for her."

    The king laughed, "That's exactly what I thought when she picked it out."

    "Then why keep it?" The captain asked.

    "I kept it as a reminder of why I am fighting." Charming revealed, "It may be impractical, but it reminds me of my daughter every time I use it. It even made me a better fighter, having to learn to handle a more difficult sword."

"Touching story mate, but Emma already knows how to fight." Killian stated, trying to hand the sword back, "You taught her."

David shook his head, "I taught her how to fight like a royal. I need you to teach her how to fight like a pirate... Show her no mercy, teach her to be ruthless. Don't let her be weak."

It was obvious that the sentence hurt the king. His innocent daughter couldn't even hurt a fly, so why teach her to become something she wouldn't want to be? It was more than clear that he was scared for his daughter's life, "If you're so scared of losing her, why let her go?" Killian questioned.

    The king let out a deep breath, "If she doesn't learn magic, then there is no hope for her. With great power comes great responsibility. It would do us no good if she can't control it."

    "Why not have her aunt teacher?" Killian asked, referring to Regina.

"Regina is quite skilled in magic, don't get me wrong, but she knows too much dark magic. Something we don't want Emma to ever have to face. If she learns even the slightest dark magic, even by accident, she's off the path of having light magic." David explained.

The captain nodded, "And this queen, Elsa... she's skilled in light magic?"

"After Emma, she's probably the second-best. Besides... Emma deserves more than to be trapped in this kingdom the rest of her life." The king said looking down.

Killian felt sorry for the man in front of him. Aside from Snow, Emma was his greatest joy. It was evident in everything he did. He gave Emma everything she desired and more. He cherished every moment with his daughter. If Killian could love Emma in such a short time, the king's love for his daughter couldn't be compared. Killian felt her father should know one important detail. "You're her hero you know..."

"I find that hard to believe..." Charming looked up, surprisingly in shock by that statement. "This isn't the life I wanted for her."

Disbelief went over the pirate, "You didn't want her to have the life of a princess?"

Killian was right, this is the life every little girl dreamed of... "I never wanted to teach her how to fight. Emma is a princess, she shouldn't be anywhere near weapons." David admitted, "All I wanted was for her to grow up knowing I would always protect her. She would never have to fear she  wasn't safe." He said as his voice cracked, "I never wanted her to become part of some deal we can't escape. I wanted to take her to see the world but I was too scared I couldn't take care of her. With Rumplestiltskin's threat hanging over her, she's not safe!" He continued on, having a full outburst.

"Woah Woah Woah, calm down mate. Have a drink." Killian said, handing over his flask. David gladly accepted. "Despite what you think, I think you did well by teaching her to fight. She can take care of herself now."

"I taught her how to win a duel, not how to escape if ever needed. I need you to teach her that. Do what it takes, she needs to learn." The king begged.

The captain heard the desperation in his tone, "I'll do my best..." he said weakly.

It was an odd request really, but Killian understood. Emma could more than win a fight, but escaping was entirely different. He knew that. Emma would never kill anyone, so the alternative was to teach her how to get away...

    "I never thanked you." Prince Charming said, handing back the flask.

    "Thank me for what?" Killian questioned.

    "For taking care of my daughter all those months... showing her the life Snow and I wanted her to have." David said sincerely.

    The captain laughed, "You must have forgotten I was merely a pirate who took her for ransom."

    The king shook his head, "Emma told you to do that, to take her for ransom."

    "Aye, but I am still a pirate. I'm sure you still want more for her than to be with some dishonorable man..." Killian confessed, taking a sip from his flask.

    "Emma told me you were the nicest man she has ever met. No suitor treated her as you did... She told me she felt safer with you than any guard in this palace." Killian could tell the king was telling the truth, "You may be known as the fearsome Killian Jones to everyone else, but to Emma... You're the man she loves." David admitted.

    Killian felt damn good, "And how do you feel about me?"

    "I must admit I'm slightly jealous." Charming said with a laugh, "But she loves you and it is more than obvious you love her. That's enough for me. Snow on the other hand has always adored you."

    The captain couldn't help but smile. "Aye, I do love your daughter. And I promise to take care of her on this trip."

    "I expect nothing less." The king responded, patting Killian on the back, "Don't forget what I told you. Teach her how to fight like a pirate, not a royal." He said handing Killian back his prized sword.

Killian took the sword, respecting the king's wishes. Truthfully, he didn't see the need to train the princess any further. Killian would make sure he took care of Emma, nothing was going to happen to her. There would be no situation he couldn't get them out of. Not as long as he was alive. Besides, he was no teacher. He was a captain...

Killian returned to Emma's room to find Regina with her hand over Emma's heart. The princess winced in pain, Snow nor Emma objected to the odd manner.

    "What are you doing?" Killian asked Regina.

    Regina's eyes remained focused on her task, "I'm putting a protection spell on her heart... making sure no one can take it."

    "No one will come that close to Emma as long as I'm around." He said defensively.

    Snow stepped forward, ready to calm the pirate. "It's just a precaution." She grabbed his arm and walked Killian back over to the door where Emma couldn't hear them, "Regina told me she gave you a position."

    "Aye... to rip out someone's heart..." He responded with caution.

    The queen's eyes went dead cold, "Do what you must, even if it's against Emma's wishes."

    The captain had never seen this side of the queen before... "That does not seem like something Snow white would encourage."

    "This is my daughter we are talking about." She responded with a straight face, "Please... do whatever it takes to bring her back to me."

    Before Killian could even respond, Emma interrupted, "Is everything all right?"

    "Of course love." Killian said, pulling her in for a hug.

Emma smiled as he kissed her head, "Where did you and my father go?"

"He just wanted to make sure everything was set for tomorrow." His first lie to Emma. It hurt more than he thought...

Regina approached, sensing the captain would crack at any moment, "Why don't we go some food, it'll help ease the pain." She said to Emma, referring to the protection spell.

The princess nodded and left with her aunt. Snow remained in her room with Killian who started to pace back and forth. Out of all the secrets he's kept and all the lies he's told, why was this so hard? The queen called her king who was just in the other room.

    "Killian... What's the matter?" David asked.

    The pirate's face was full of despair. Guilt eating at his soul. "How do you live with yourselves?"

    "Pardon?" The queen questioned.

    "Lying to her every day... Keeping this secret from her..." Killian clarified.

    "I'm sure you've kept many secrets and told lies before captain." Snow responded.

    "Aye, but never to anyone I loved. Certainly never to Emma." He responded, getting more worked up.

The king looked down in shame, he knew what the pirate meant. Keeping secrets and lying to his daughter... It was a weight he and his wife carried every day.

"You tell yourself you did the right thing, and soon enough you might just believe it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 9.2K 38
Emma Swan is a young woman married to a rich and important entrepreneur of Los Angeles. Although they live with all the luxuries of the world, their...
31.8K 1.6K 34
Just another tale of Princess Emma Swan falling in love with Captain Hook? I don't think so. Emma Swan- 20 years old. Sexy, and intriguing, but al...
6.4K 409 16
Emma once was a princess, a long time ago. That was 3 years ago. She is now 21 and lives aboard the Jolly Roger as a pirate with Captain Hook and hi...
860 48 34
A Once Upon A Time tale. Book 1 in the dare to love series. (Set in the enchanted Forrest- the curse never happened) "I can't have a life, not a pro...