Running For Miles | ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... More

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
26 ➳ Sorry Dad
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
38 ➳ Baby Steps
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits
44 ➳ I Love You
45 ➳ Lila's Story
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

58 ➳ Incest

6K 150 134
By Gemma_Grace_

RUNNING

FOR MILES

The warm nearly scorching hot shower water felt amazing on my cold skin, it seemed to warm me up almost instantly. Once I had stopped shivering and was completely warmed up, I started to wash off the little pieces of sand that were still somehow stuck to my body.

My body still felt as if it were tingling from how good the sex Hale and I had just had, or maybe it was love. I know it was love because it was as if our two souls had connected within those long delightful moments.

The difference between sex and making love is that sex is all to do with two people merging their bodies and trying to achieve an orgasm, whether they both have one or just one person.

Whereas, when making love the primary motivation of the art is to connect with that person on an emotional level. Lovemaking is taking delight in exploring your lovers' body, mind, and heart, not just for the sake of having an orgasm, but due to trying to share a seriously intimate connection with your partner.

"Woah." a husky voice said which startled me, "Who's the hottie?"

I turned around and I was met with a still shirtless and slightly sandy Hale. He looked perfect, too perfect to be even close to being a human. It was as if he were somehow created especially for me as he was or well is my ideal perfect partner.

"I was about to ask you the exact same thing." I smirked as he started to pull off his pants which were still slightly covered in a thin layer of sand.

He looked me up and down as he walked toward the large shower, "So." he said as he opened the shower door which let out a little bit of steam, "Is there room for one more?"

I tapped my chin as I pretended to think about whether or not he was allowed to come join me but we both knew what my answer was going to be, "Always."

Hale then wasted no time into stepping into the shower, he reached out his hand to feel the water temperature, he hissed out in pain which was also followed by a few unholy cuss words as the water was pretty much scorching hot.

Whenever Hale has a shower, he always has the water temperature anywhere from warm to pretty much cold, while I on the other hand love a burning hot shower. So, whenever we do end up showering together it gets a little annoying as he is a baby and needs to turn the water temperature down to where it's pretty much-freezing cold for me.

But every now and then he turns the boiling water just down slightly and tonight was thankfully one of those nights.

Hale engulfed me into his strong, muscular arms as we both stood under the warm water. I bought my hands up and held onto his biceps as I stared down at the tiled floor. I watched as the droplets of water slid along the tiles and down into the drain.

I kind of wished that I were one of those droplets, escaping from this harsh place and going to another place, most likely far away from this horrid, cruel place.

Well, I guess I was somewhat one of those droplets instead I was in Pennsylvania and then I slid down the drain which took me to Dayton lakes, where I managed to fall in love with the place and someone, I never thought would be capable of loving me.

But then again that was ruined, ruined by my past which has managed to catch up with me. Again, and again I find myself trying to escape but this time it is not for a long time, instead, it's only for the weekend, which is not long enough, not at all.

After a few minutes, I turned around in the shower, where I was now facing Hale, "Let's run away." I stated out of nowhere as I looked up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

God, I'm going to miss them so much. I'm going to miss the way they seem to almost glow in the sun. I'm going to miss the way they make me feel so safe and calm. I'm going to miss it when he stares at me with them. I'm going to miss it when they are full of love and lust.

I'm going to miss him. I'm going to miss him so fucking much.

Hale tilted his head as his face dropped slightly as he seemed confused, "Why?" he asked as his eyebrows seemed to knit together in confusion, "I mean I want to." he said with a smile which then faded into a confused crooked one, "but you're going to college and I'm going to

"Let me come with you." I whined out, "It could be just you and I." I stated as I looked up into his eyes pleading, "Forever and ever against the world."

Hale smirked as he then shook his head, "You have no idea how good that sounds." he breathed out as if he were going to agree with me, "But..."

There's always a fucking but.

"But I'm not going to let you throw away college." he said as he ran a hand through his wet hair, "You have to go and further your education." he stated gently.

What a fucking hypocrite. He's literally traveling the world, instead of going to college. I know he's going to all of those places for a reason, that reason being that his mother had always wanted to go to them but she sadly never did, so he's doing it for her.

I reached my hand up to where his tattoo of his mother's birthday is inked into his skin, "Please just let me come with." I croaked out as I was so close to getting onto my hands and knees to beg him to let me come with him.

"Who's going to be here with Lakyn then huh?" he asked sternly as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Lakyn, in my opinion, would be completely fine being in Dayton Lakes by himself, I mean it would suck but this is Lakyn we are talking about; he hates everyone and he would be able to be alone which is what he kind of likes to be. Plus, even if he for some reason does get lonely, he would have his mother, little sister, and Marley his dog.

"God Eden, what's gotten into you?"

What's got into me? Let me think, my ex-boyfriend is about to make me destroy all of the friendships I have put so much effort into making and keeping. He's ripping me away from my family, that I've finally got to know again.

But worst of all he's making me leave you.

I sighed as I let a tear rolled down my face but it was hidden with the shower water droplets, "I just hate it here." I stated bluntly.

The sad reality was not quiet that I hated it here. It was more so due to Boston, Boston wanting to drag me away from everything and everyone that I care about. I was nowhere near ready to leave my friends and boyfriend.

Not one little bit.

But I have to, I have to protect them, I would be nothing without them. They are the only source of happiness I have left in this horrid world

"Wait what are you saying?" Hale asked as he seemed instantly frightened, "Aren't you happy... with us?" he asked as he looked into my eyes sadly, "If I didn't something, I'm sorry, ill fix it and make it up to you." he rambled.

His rambling broke my heart into pieces as he hadn't done a single thing that had upset me, I don't even know if that could be possible anymore. His frightened and sad face hurt me as I never wanted him to be hurt, I wanted him to be happy and only ever happy as that is all that boy deserves.

Yet my heart warmed ever so slightly as he hadn't done anything to upset me yet he was willing to make it better, he was willing to fix himself in order to make me happy and to keep me in his life.

I held his face in my hands, "I'm happy and that is all thanks to you." I said truthfully as I reached up and kissed him, "I could never be unhappy as long as I am with you."

"I love you so fucking much." He said as he kissed me again, "I will love you forever and ever princess."

God, I never want to leave Hale he is the best thing, other than Lila of course, to happen to me. He has shown me things that no one has ever been able to show me and I wasn't ready for him to stop as I'm sure there are many other things that he was capable of showing me.

"As will I." I murmured as a tear rolled down my face again which had managed to intertwine itself with the running water.

I will love this boy up until my last breath and even in the next universe. Not even Boston will be able to keep me from loving him.

After a few minutes of us standing in the shower, we shut off the water as we didn't want to waste any more water than I already had. We both dried our bodies and got dressed in our pajama's, which for me consisted of one of hales baggy grey shirts and a pair of black lace undergarments, while Hale wore a black pair of silky shorts.

Once we had washed out faces and brushed out teeth, we went to lay in bed but a gentle knock on the door stopped us, in came a very upset and broken looking Lila. She didn't have to say anything to us as hale and I could just tell by the look on her face that she and Lakyn had broken up.

We both sat her on our bed and comforted her, we told her that she was in the right and that it's completely healthy for their once relationship that she ended it. Sometimes you have to let them go so that you can better yourself, you need to put your happiness before others sometimes.

I know I'm slightly a hypocrite as I am putting my friends and happiness and safety before mine but this is different, I want to save these people that are close to me as I know Boston and what he is capable of, he would kill someone if they got in his way or tried to save me.

So, I guess I'm giving them their lives by exchanging there's for my own and I'm okay with that.

Once we had calmed Lila down, we all agreed that it would be a good idea for us all to just leave tonight. I decided that I should go and check on Lakyn, due to hale still being a little annoyed at his best friend, as I feel as though he is hurting just like Lila is at the moment. I know he doesn't show any emotion but I know how much Lila means to him.

I knocked on the white wooden door gently, I waited for a second or two before slowly and carefully opening it. The room was dark but I made out Lakyn's hunched over silhouette on the far side of the bed.

"Lakyn?" I asked softly as I tiptoed over towards him.

I didn't receive an answer, instead a faint sniffle noise that seemed to echo through the ery room. Once I was beside him, I took a step or two closer to him and crouched down so that my knees were touching the ground.

I sighed as a tear landed on my knee, "Lake are you okay?" I asked even though I already knew the answer to my question.

"I fucking hate myself." Lakyn grumbled as he sniffled again, "She's the only thing I ever truly cared about and now she's gone."

My heart broke at his words, all he ever really wanted was for someone to love him, that someone being Lila Hayes and now she's broken his heart but at the same time she broke how to own just for a bit of happiness and because she wants to grow and not be held down anymore.

"Lakyn you guys are going to be fine." I stated truthfully, "You guys will come back together." I promised him.

All Lila and Lakyn need is some time, time to grow, and learn to be okay without each other. It gets toxic when one person depends on the other for everything little thing in life. It's just draining and exhausting for the person keeping the other one at bay as they never really seem to get a break.

"How many times am I going to fuck up with that girl before I realize that I'm no good for her?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me as he sobbed into my stomach, just below my chest.

I rubbed his back soothingly as I tried to keep myself together but it was hard as he was completely and utterly breaking my heart at this point.

"You can still fix this lake, you can still be with her, you just need to better yourself and learn to be okay without her, and then when you prove to her that you've grown, she will take you back in a heartbeat." I told him which seemed to help calm him down.

He let out a few sobs and then the room was silent as he took two deep breaths, "Your right, I'm going to be better... for her."

I nodded with a smile, "Good, now come on were going back home." I told him which made him nod and then get up off the bed and start packing up his belongings while I folded and collected Lila's.

Four hours later and we were finally back in Dayton Lakes, I sat in the back with Lakyn while Lila and Hale sat in the from seats of his black truck. The whole car ride was awkward as it was pretty much completely silent the whole ride and you could just feel the tension in the air.

Hale dropped me off first, I grabbed my stuff out of the tray of his truck and kissed hale goodbye, I also bid my two best friends goodbye when I had got out of the truck. I was so glad to be finally home as I was dying to see my brother and well father but he was most likely at work.

Once I opened the door and walked through, I came face to face with my brother who stood still in his tracks, he was wearing a pinky fluffy robe and had a mug up to his lips as he stared at me as if I had just caught him peeing in the sink or something weird like that.

"Eden!" he yelled as he dashed towards me and engulfed me into his arms as I laughed.

I was so happy that tears started to well up into my eyes, "I missed you." I cried out.

"You missed me?" he questioned, "I missed you way more kiddo." he said as he rubbed his fisted knuckles on my head.

I chuckled as I shook my head, "No way I did." I said with a slight yawn.

"Come have a sleepover." he insisted.

When Sammy and I were kids we would always say 'come have a sleepover' when we wanted each other to sleep in their rooms, we would make blanket forts and stuff them with heaps of pillows and a whole heap of snacks that we would find in the kitchen.

I nodded with a large smile, "I would be honored."

And just like when we were kids, we ran up the stairs and into Sammy's bed, where it was warm and comfortable. I got myself comfortable and sunk myself down and into his pillows and blanket. I felt so safe and happy but this moment wasn't going to last forever and that broke me.

"So, what have I missed?" I asked him, "How's college?"

He sighed as he seemed to think of an answer, "College is good, its slow and boring but it's good." he smiled and then he managed to try and change the subject, "Enough about that how is school and hale?" he asked.

I sighed, "School is exactly what you said college is." I smiled as I felt his pain.

It feels as though school is dragging on and on but I think I want it to as I don't want to leave Dayton Lakes, I'm not ready, I still have so much to do and see here. Hale has been telling me all about this waterfall that is a few hours away up in the mountains where Lila, Lakyn, and him all ways go to in the summertime.

"And Hale..."

Is perfect, absolutely perfect.

"He's good." I smiled, "How's Monika?" I questioned as I didn't really feel like talking about me.

Sammy sighed again, "We're on a break." he stated bluntly.

"Again?" I asked trying to hold in my laugh.

Sammy and Monika have been on and off for the last few years now. I've only ever met her once and she was a total and utter bitch as she thought Sammy was cheating on her with me which is not true as that would be classed as incest.

"Yep." he looked at me with a smirk, "So how's Lila?"

Lila is many things at the moment. Lila is hurt. Lila is sad. Lila is

"Lila is... Lila."

After that, we both fell into silence as it was getting extremely late and I have a very exhausting day tomorrow of ruining friendships and breaking hearts. But I couldn't help but feel guilty as I didn't want to leave anyone, especially Sammy.

Sammy is my brother. The one that is supposed to protect me from all the monsters that are around me and he's supposed to take my side over everyone else's, he's supposed to be the uncle of my future children if I ever have any.

I don't want to leave that silly boy behind.

"Sammy?" I asked sleepily from beside him as he hummed out tiredly, "You know I love you right?"

He rolled over and looked at me with one eye open, "of course I do, you know I love you."

I nodded my head, "I know, but I just want you to know that I love you so much and that I never want to hurt or disappoint you."

"You could never, ever disappoint me kiddo."

I bit my lip nervously, "Promise?" I whispered as my voice was about to break as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes.

"I promise, now go to sleep you have school tomorrow." he hushed me as he turned back over and nuzzled his head into the pillow.

I am the world's worst friend

I am the world's worst sister.

I am the world's worst girlfriend. 

Hey Hi Hello!

I'm back from my week holiday and I hope you guys liked the chapter!

This one is up early as Sharnah and I are so excited for the next chapter and want to try and get to writing it as soon as possible. plus what were your thoughts on the chapter?

Be ready for the next chapter, its going to be a whole mess, like the messiest mess you will ever probably read and possibly heartbreaking.

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment, follow me on Instagram @gemxwrites and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 428 39
Brooke never thought that she would be in a situation like this. Where her reputation is on the line and she is comforted by the school's bad boy.
9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
2.1K 377 78
---A mistake that went way before she was even born. A mistake that started it all.--- Alyssa wants to escape her past, but what she doesn't know is...
402 52 27
Do we truly know those we consider as our family? This is the last year before the beginning of the rest of Cara and Mia lives! Mia Carter still has...