Raindrops

By loversblush

When raindrops fell down from the sky. - DRACO MALFOY © 2020 loversblush More

RAINDROPS
i. new girl
ii. malfoy
iii. misery
iv. mint
v. father
vi. avoid
vii. lovely
viii. coward
ix. tension
x. affection
xi. yule
xiii. kanes
xiv. sister
xv. warning
xvi. gift
xvii. riverlin
xviii. thunder
thank you.
sequel.
xix. christmas
GHOSTIN

xii. forbidden

3.1K 126 93
By loversblush

All she could remember was the look of pure rage on Lucius' face before he aggressively grabbed Draco's arm and pulled him away from her.

"No son of mine will associate with a Kane," is all she heard as Lucius and Draco returned into the ballroom, Draco turning back to look at her briefly before his father slapped the back of his head, forcing him to face front. That look was all she needed to force herself to gain her strength back. If he wanted a Kane, he would get a Kane.

Reigna readjusted the jewels in her hair before returning to the hall, a charming smile plastered on her face. Now was the time to be petty. She looked around, eyes searching for the two heads of bleach blonde hair, and when she spotted them, she smirked, even more so when she saw who they were talking to.

It was a woman who worked at the ministry, Umbridge. She was a close friend of her father's, and luckily, she'd been to their manor enough times to develop a fondness for the dear Archibald Kane's daughter. If there was ever a time to belittle a Malfoy, it was now.

Reigna took a cup, filling it with punch, triple checking to make sure it wasn't spiked. As she approached the three of them, she could tell Umbridge was losing interest, as she looked at her father in the same way once he began talking too much.

"I'd hate to intrude, but I couldn't help myself. Miss Umbridge, I've missed your company dearly." Reigna smiled innocently at her, handing her the cup, "I noticed you were lacking a drink, and no lady should ever drink alone," she teased, lifting her own cup for her to see.

"Darling, it's been so long. You've grown quite a bit. How's your father?" She said, taking the cup from her with a small smile, infatuated by her father as always.

"He's lovely, thank merlin. Although he does miss you dearly. Do stop by soon, I was beginning to miss your company through his awfully long lectures," Reigna joked, completely ignoring the Malfoys.

Umbridge laughed, or, more so cackled. It was enough to agitate Lucius and force Draco to look down at his shoes, no doubt to hide a smile.

"I'm so sorry, it seems I've intruded, I'll be off," She said, turning away slowly, but if she was right, she'd ask me to stay.

"Reigna, stay. I'm sure you know these two,"  She said, gesturing towards the two blondes. She furrowed her eyebrows as she took a sip from her cup, feigning confusion. "I'm afraid not, Miss Umbridge," She put out her hand to Lucius, knowing he wouldn't refuse, "Reigna Kane, of the Kane's. I'm sure you know of us," She smirked. Victory was so close, and the punch made it taste sweet.

His face hardened, a sight she was too used to seeing. He shook her hand, very reluctantly. He opened his mouth, as to speak, but she turned away from him, extending her hand to draco.

"And you are?" She asked, voice laced with a sweetness even she was disgusted to use. He took her hand, pressing his lips to her knuckles, and she almost broke her act then and there, but she managed to keep her composure, listening to him speak.

"Draco Malfoy," He said simply, and Reigna nodded.

"Ah, that makes you his father," she said, barely sparing Lucius a glance.

Umbridge smiled at the two of them, no doubt infatuated by the sight of the children of two of the richest families interacting. This was her chance, it was all or nothing. She turned to Draco after smiling at Umbridge,

"Draco, how about we leave these two adults to it? The Yule Ball doesn't happen every year, and I'm sure they have important things to discuss." She asked innocently before turning to look at Umbridge, charming grin plastered on once more, "It's been lovely speaking with you Miss Umbridge, I'll be sure to tell my father we spoke," She said before taking Draco's hand and turning, not giving her a chance to reply.

"Remain calm and casual" She whispered to Draco as they went over to the dance floor, their intertwined hands attracting a little too much attention, but it seemed neither of them cared. He snaked his hands around her waist, and she felt the familiar warmth, she smelt the overwhelming mint. Victory achieved.

"You never cease to amaze me, Reigna" She simply smiled, swaying to the music with him. She smiled at Neville and Luna, who were the only ones dancing besides them. Looking over Draco's shoulder she saw Ron and Harry with their mouths open, Ginny and Hermione smiling, and the twins winking at them, which made them laugh.

Soon after they danced, the ball concluded, and they were exhausted. Draco was forced to return to his father's side, but not before he pressed a subtle kiss to her cheek and whispered the plan for the night.

"One o'clock, under the astronomy tower. We won't be interrupted" and like a gust of wind, he was gone, the smell of mint in his place.

While returning to her chambers she promised the trio she would tell them everything later, as she was far too exhausted. In reality, she wanted to wash off her makeup, take off her dress, put up her hair, and meet Draco. Though she would never tell them that.

Around the time she was all comfortable once more and everyone was asleep, it was 12:45. She pulled on some robes, the chilly air complimenting the atmosphere. Hogwarts was almost haunting after curfew, the moonlight giving it a completely different feeling.

She waited under the astronomy tower, sitting with her back to the center column. She smiled soon after, when she saw him approaching, a small shadow behind him. She ignored it. He was still in his suit. Walking over to him, she placed her hand on his chest, looking up at him,

"When I said that you needed to wear a suit more often, I didn't think you would listen," She joked, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He stepped back, and this was when she noticed his cold expression.

"What's wrong?" it was obvious something was. He hadn't been like this around her in far too long. He parted his lips, then sighed, as if he were thinking. Until finally, he spoke.

"My father has forbidden me from seeing you,"

Reigna blinked. Trying to collect her thoughts. The next time she saw that bloody Malfoy she was going to curse him out. She took a step towards draco, and he took a step back. At this, she faltered.

"We can meet in secret, it's not like we haven't before," She said softly, a little louder than a whisper. He shook his head, as if the idea had already crossed his mind a million times. He looked pained, but he hid it well, she could only tell how he felt by his eyes. They were almost pleading her to listen.

"I'm being watched at all times by my father's servant. He will report my every move" He responded, and only then did she notice the small creature behind him. He wore a little tag around his neck reading "Dobby" in handwriting that seemed eerily similar to Harry's.

A this, she let the first tear slip.

"You can't let him do this, Draco." She pleaded, ashamed of even doing so. Kane's didn't beg. He shook his head, emotionless, a facade covering his face. It was heartbreaking to see.

"Are you really that devoted to him?" She asked, voice gaining volume. She was upset now, and with good reason. "I let it go at the ball, Draco. Don't think I forgot how you failed to stand up for me. You're lucky I don't need a man to defend my honor" She trailed, glaring at him.

He took a step forward. This time, she took a step back. This seemed to anger him, and she rolled her eyes, pushing the baby hairs out of her face.

"You want this to be over? Then it is. I don't have time for both you and your daddy issues." Reigna added, wanting to get the last word in. She turned around, beginning to walk back to her chambers, wiping her tears so he wouldn't see them.

"Reigna!"

She turned, a little bit too hopeful. He took her hand in his and she felt him press something cool into it. He pressed his lips against hers. His actions screamed urgency, and she almost forgot about Dobby watching us kiss. Dobby cleared his throat and Draco pulled back, staring at her with those eyes. Those ice blue eyes. Why did it feel like goodbye.

"Don't you understand, I have to do this!" He strained, voice no louder than a whisper and raspy, as though he were holding back tears. She almost laughed. Her father would be so pleased with her, making a Malfoy cry.

Reigna shook her head,

"Goodbye, Malfoy," She spat, refusing to take his first name. He truly was no different than the rest of them.

She walked away, hearing a faint, "Goodbye, raindrops" but refusing to acknowledge it. She looked down at her hands once she was out of sight, curious to see what he placed in them. It was one of his rings, a simple silver band with his name engraved on the inside. She twirled it around her fingers as she returned to her chambers. Once she did, she placed the ring on the windowsill, the place they had first met. As she set it down, she heard a clap of thunder, and she nearly jumped at the sound.

"I know," She said, speaking to the thunder itself. "It rained when we first met. You warned me, and I should've listened" She spoke out into the sky. Another bolt boomed, as if agreeing. Or maybe disagreeing, she didn't know. She did know one thing : She wouldn't wear that ring. She wouldn't be marked, or claimed, or reserved. She was a bloody Kane, and no one, not even a Malfoy would disrespect her.

If they were forbidden, then so be it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 25 23
Lorenzo Berkshire ⇠⇢ I could gift you a sky of the most beautiful and peaceful golden Midnight Rain and it wouldn't be enough to show my apologies. M...
3.4M 72.6K 30
"𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝓎 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓋𝑒" |a story in which a boy and a girl have to sacri...
444 21 10
"I fell in love with you the moment i laid my eyes on you" He said while looking at her eyes..
912K 41.7K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one