ii. malfoy

The nap she took after she organized her room was otherworldly

The nap she took after she organized her room was otherworldly. She didn't think she'd ever slept so well. She owed it to the pitter patter of the rain outside, but when she woke up, it was no longer raining.

She woke with thoughts of the sad looking blonde boy who was at her window. He adored the rain just as much as she did. It wasn't worth fawning over him though, because he looked too sad to even care about the people around him. Maybe that's why he liked the rain so much.

She turned to look outside the window, smiling slightly at the sight of clouds beginning to cover up the sun.

It was around the time of the talent show Hermione had told her about, and she quickly ran a brush through her long hair before heading out of her bedroom, placing a charm on the door in case the blonde decided to take a surprise trip to her window again.

The grass was wet, but not in the way that made your feet sink into the mud. In the dewy way, that reflected the sun off of the raindrops.

She spotted the trio, along with a lot of other people crowded around an area full of lush green trees. Waving, she walked over to the trio, smiling at them.

"Hey, you guys. Thanks for inviting me," Reigna said, looking around at all the people. "Big crowd"

"Yeah, it's mainly the younger years, but it's quite fun teasing them sometimes," Ron said, smiling as he looked at them. Reigna grinned, nodding to agree with him. The younger kids were so cute. Watching them do their little talent show was amusing. She was about to say something when someone bumped into her, hitting her shoulder with theirs.

"Excuse me?" She said, turning to see who it was and locking eyes with a familiar blonde, and this time he was clad in a dark cloak.

"You again? And you're with them? Don't shame us slytherin by hanging out with the wrong sort." He scoffed, narrowing his eyes at her.

Reigna rolled her eyes, crossing her arms as she took a step closer to him. "I think i can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," She said with a smile, not exactly wanting enemies on day one.

He frowned, and opened his mouth to say something, but she stopped him before he could.

"I never got your name," She said quietly, suddenly aware of the people around them. Pansy and her friends being a part of the crowd.

"You don't know?" He chuckled, "I'm Draco."

She furrowed her brows, weird name. "What's your real name?" She asked, positive he was messing with her.

He looked confused. "Malfoy." He said, oozing confidence. At this, she took a step back.

"As in, Pansy's Malfoy?" She asked innocently. Bad idea. Ruined her plan of refraining to make enemies on her first day at Hogwarts.

His friends laughed, one slapping him on the shoulder. He had a smile on his face, as if he was holding back from laughing.

"What gave you that impression?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, clearly amused.

"Pansy and her friends were fawning over you earlier, I just assumed you two were together. Made sense." Reigna shrugged, not holding back from putting Pansy on the spot, as she did to her in the morning. She didn't want to, but she was too far in now to stop.

He grinned, but it didn't seem genuine. "As if" He said with a small scoff, his friends turning to Pansy and her group, putting out their hands and wiggling them. "Oooo Pansy fancies Malfoy" They chortled, Draco joining them with the hand motions, but refusing to say anything.

Reigna smiled, watching the interaction happen. Pansy stomped her foot and strutted away, her friends following after, shouting insults at the boys.

Reigna turned away from the boys, back over to the trio.

"What was that all about?" Asked Harry.

"Just a small misunderstanding," She replied, looking over the crowd and spotting Draco. She smiled faintly when she saw him and saw the corner of his lips turn up briefly before he turned back to his friends, and she turned back to hers.

Malfoy. If only he knew how much of a problem he posed because of his name alone. Her family would never forgive her.