iii. misery

Day one of classes and Reigna had already snuck off

Day one of classes and Reigna had already snuck off. They were all outside, learning about some creature or another, but she couldn't care less. She had done readings the night before, finally spending some time in the library that seemed endless. Much of her night was spent crouched over pages and pages of parchment under the candlelight, aided by the moonlight peaking through the beautiful arched windows.

The one place that she wanted to explore were the woods from the day of the talent show. She had spotted more than a few fireflies, and she wanted to see how many she could collect and take back to her chambers. She could just imagine them flying around in there.

She waited until everyone was packing their books, and no one was paying attention. As they left, she did as well, only she went in a different direction. She felt a pair of eyes on me, and panicked, turning around only to see that there was no one there. She turned back around, following the path that she remembered to lead to a clearing.

She spotted the clearing and grinned, slowly making my way over and sitting in between the tall grass. She spread her robes out around herself, taking in the sound of the birds and other animals. It was all so serene. That was, until a voice ruined the peace and quiet.

"Lost, Kane? Or just stupid?"

She turned around to see Draco, book in hand. He followed her.

"Why're you here? I'm assuming you followed me." Reigna said, rolling her eyes. Only he could ruin a day so perfect.

"Didn't want you giving us Slytherin a bad name by sneaking out of lectures," He said, sitting beside me. She furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at him,

"So you decided two missing Slytherin were better than one?"

The corners of his lips turned up, but he didn't smile.

"Misery loves company, raindrops," He said, looking up into the distance. She rolled her eyes at the nickname, watching clouds fill the sky, almost as though he predicted it.

"You're in misery then?" she asked, turning herself to face him, and he turned to her as well.

"Aren't we all?" He blinked. She supposed everyone did have their own miseries. She nodded in response.

"Lovely day, would be a shame if it rained," He said, and almost on cue, she felt a droplet on her cheek. She looked up at him, unable to control the smile on her face.

"A shame indeed" She said before standing up, taking her robes in her arms and walking further into the tall grass. She stood and waited, patiently for the rain that she knew would be coming soon.

"You'll get soaked!" She heard from behind her, and she ignored him. That was the whole point.

"Join me, you coward!" Reigna screamed back, looking up and closing her eyes. She heard a bit of shuffling before feeling a presence next to her.

"No one calls a Malfoy a coward," He muttered.

And boom. Down came the rain. Just like that.

Needless to say, they were soaked in less than a minute. The droplets had come down so fast, it felt unreal. They stood together, under the rain, laughing.

She'd never heard him laugh before, so she didn't know if it was genuine or not. but it seemed to be so.

His smile reached his eyes this time, and she turned away before he caught her staring. She didn't doubt that he saw her though. She could feel him staring at her now, and she just closed her eyes, ignoring it.

The rain cleared up almost as fast as it appeared, and she opened her eyes slowly. A quiet sneeze came from next to her and she looked over at Draco.

"Don't catch a cold, Malfoy" She teased

"If I do, it's your fault, Kane" He responded

She took her things, turning to head back when she slipped, and grabbed a hold of the closest thing to her. Draco's arm.

She let go of it almost as quickly as she had grabbed it, and looked anywhere but at him. She cleared her throat and began walking again, only to hear a snicker from behind her.

"Careful now, raindrops. No need to fall for me," He teased. and Reigna blushed. As if.

"No need to worry about that, Malfoy." She replied, spotting the group soon enough. She joined them quickly, Draco soon joining as well.

"Draco! You're all wet, are you alright?" She heard from a nasaly toned voice. Pansy. Of course.

"Beyond alright" He responded, and Reigna smiled to herself. Pansy had no clue.